Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? (13300 Views)

If He Proposes To You In This Condition, Will You Accept? See Reactions (pics) / Lady Wows Nigerians, Twerks With Phone On Her Waist, The Phone Didn't Fall / MC Boki, MC Makopolo, Sophia Allison: Behind Videos Of Ladies Proposing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by chatinent: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2021
And after marriage through the phone, how about making babies?
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by McOluOmo: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
grin cheesy

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by harmargedon: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
fitzrichard4u:
"Many years back, a man proposed to me over the phone. To make matters more baffling, he proposed via text message. I was weak.

I later asked him if that is how men propose to women in his village and his response was "My father proposed to my mother through NIPOST". And he meant every word." Lol

So ladies and gents, can you make or accept a phone proposal? Lets Discuss
so you've been dating him for years for what reason exactly, I guess for him to pull the crowd just to propose to you. Stay away from telemundo and zee world, too much TV is dangerous

2 Likes

Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by iwuchukwutony(m): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
Smell the phone and you will know exactly who the person is and that will determine your answer. Oloshi

Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by IMISSABROAD(f): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Is like asking whether I can accept one hundred million naira if sent to my account by bank transfer.

Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
funsho75:
Lol

So many things we put so much value on doesn't count in years to come...

How does how he proposed make a difference...

Some people no propose self..

Life is supposed to be easy
Lol. It makes a lot of difference. Is it important? Maybe not, but it certainly counts.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Desusi: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
There are two things we should bear in mind,if its God will,you do not need to see him/her facially before you agreed. I proposed to my wife while in Germany without knowing her facially, and the marriage has been successful with children and for over 30 yes now.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
RealLordZeus:

Are you gay
When e be say na stolen post. grin Reminds me of those jokes about copycats in the exam hall who go copy name of person wey dem dey copy from join.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by salem1996: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
RealLordZeus:

Are you gay

Are u thinking my thinking grin
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
thesicilian:
Don't let people on social media dictate how you live your life, if you see a man that loves you and genuinely wants to marry you, please accept no matter the means of proposal.
How we social medians take enter the matter now? Mscheeew.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
D will even accept a written letter
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by rickleye: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
Well with the advent of technology - He could make it a bit romantic.
I mean do it over video call but have someone kneel down and give you the ring.

- Someone who does it over a phone call might mean
1. You are setting yourself up for a less romantic relationship
2. The dude has no creative juices in his bone.
3. The fact that he referenced his mom's proposal eons ago might mean he will expect you to do things as old school
- You do all the house chores
- Sit at home and take care of the kids while he alone works
- In short " be domesticated"

It is during the courtship that a man is supposed to be most romantic . How many married men sing their wives R&B love songs compared to bf/gf relationships.
Unless there is a huge ocean between you two - He could be creative and put more effort in it.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Munzy14(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
fitzrichard4u:
"Many years back, a man proposed to me over the phone. To make matters more baffling, he proposed via text message. I was weak.

I later asked him if that is how men propose to women in his village and his response was "My father proposed to my mother through NIPOST". And he meant every word." Lol

grin

Why worry how he did it?

You should weigh much on how to navigate the next phase....For the fact he found you worthy to be his support for life...

Ladies stop over thinking little little issues....Not all men want the fanfare and gram pictures..

Infact if you have a private man by your side nowadays, you are lucky...Social media buzz no deh last more than crackers biscuits.

As long as you know him physically and he ticks your boxes...why not enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
Why not cheesy one of my clients proposed on phone grin grin I nearly wreck am finish
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Munzy14(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
rickleye:
Well with the advent of technology - He could make it a bit romantic.
I mean do it over video call but have someone kneel down and give you the ring.

- Someone who does it over a phone call might mean
1. You are setting yourself up for a less romantic relationship
2. The dude has no creative juices in his bone.
3. The fact that he referenced his mom's proposal eons ago might mean he will expect you to do things as old school
- You do all the house chores
- Sit at home and take care of the kids while he alone works
- In short " be domesticated"

It is during the courtship that a man is supposed to be most romantic . How many married men sing their wives R&B love songs compared to bf/gf relationships.
Unless there is a huge ocean between you two - He could be creative and put more effort in it.
grin

This is your fantasies right?
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by torvickof1312(m): 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2021
It's not the medium he proposes but how truthful is the proposal and the manner of the communication or approach especially choice of words
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Slurity(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
fitzrichard4u:

I propose to my wife on phone even though the last time I saw her was over a year before the proposal. We are now married for 5 years and still counting.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by leobenz: 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
What difference would it make that he proposes physically?
What if he's unavoidably unavailable , what do you want him to do?
Women and wahala
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Slurity(m): 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Remag666:
Why not cheesy one of my clients proposed on phone grin grin I nearly wreck am finish
Yahoo guy spotted.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Na your papa be yahoo guy...I'm a legitimate business man cool
Slurity:
Yahoo guy spotted.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Cousin9999: 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
That's not cool. He needs to do better.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by rickleye: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
Munzy14:

grin

This is your fantasies right?

A proposal is done face to face - Its the least he can do wink
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by tunary(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
Don't accept, you go old for there
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Munzy14(m): 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
rickleye:

A proposal is done face to face - Its the least he can do wink
Their is no rule book that said so....Even proposal is a modern stuff very different from how our ancestors will visit a maiden home with keg of wine and kolanut to come ask about a ripe fruit they saw...cheesy

Even, some of our parents married without seeing the wife...just when the marriage rights was completed, the wife joined next available bus to Lagos or elsewhere from village to go and meet her man and they become one..cheesy

And such marriage lasted till death comes....Such marriages produced some of us that are now looking for rings and drama at shopping malls to kneel and propose with fanfare only to cancel wedding when the ovation is gone..grin

Things fall Apart....Each aboki with his kettle sha..

Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Djuggernaut(m): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
Nigga, you gay? Your profile saying 'm'
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by arthurwillia(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Why are you gay?

If my babe dey abroad na by WhatsApp call I go take propose baba
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by rickleye: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Munzy14:

Their is no rule book that said so....Even proposal is a modern stuff very different from how our ancestors will visit a maiden home with keg of wine and kolanut to come ask about a ripe fruit they saw...cheesy

Even, some of our parents married without seeing the wife...just when the marriage rights was completed, the wife joined next available bus to Lagos or elsewhere from village to go and meet her man and they become one..cheesy

And such marriage lasted till death comes....Such marriages produced some of us that are now looking for rings and drama at shopping malls to kneel and propose with fanfare only to cancel wedding when the ovation is gone..grin

Things fall Apart....Each aboki with his kettle sha..

Yes, To each their own.
Because our ancestors did it that way doesn't mean we have to do the same way nor was there love involved. It was seen more of a duty . Our "eyes' and minds have been enlightened to know that - those ways will no longer work or last in this age. There are many woman who felt trapped in such arranged marriages but considered divorce terrible and therefore stayed in such arrangements not nowadays.

In any case.... whoever pays the piper dictates its tune.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Agapechuks147: 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
The method of proposal is the least one should worry about.. The MESSAGE is more important than the MESSENGER
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Tabithazen(f): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
It's better to accept a responsible man phone proposal than a stunning lake side proposal by an irresponsible man on one knee.
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by olamoses75(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
I still don't understand the proposing of a thing. Like we've been dating for years, what were your expectations from the relationship if not marriage? I dated you for 3-5yrs and you're still expecting me to ask you "will you marry me"? Is that not the reason why we're dating initially? Am not gonna propose to anyone, if you can't interpret our relationship as a pre requisite for marriage, then I will assume you to be a clown. My dad ask mom out, she agreed to date him, there's nothing like kneeing to propose, and the union is 35yrs and still counting. It's only those mumu feminist that request for such thing that a man must buy a ring and knee and ask "will you marry me"
Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Rotji(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
pocohantas:
She is lucky he proposed.

You two have been dating, knacking, wearing uniforms to weddings of his friends and yours.

Wetin remain?

Some guys just ask when they are coming to see your people.

Some proposals starts with “I missed my period”

The most important thing is he treats you right and you do the same. If he isn’t a man into fanfare, you shouldn’t overthink it because you need pictures and videos for the gram.

LOL I still argue with my wife on if I actually proposed to her. grin
Some will just go straight to introduction without the proper ceremonial proposal ish.

If you like go propose on top Liberty Statue � your marriage will still pack up if it's not meant to be. And a marriage can last forever without any proposal done.

Last last all na wash, all na packaging and when the packaging is fully unveiled you might not like what is enclosed.

So don't dwell too much on frivolities, seek your long term wellbeing, happiness and security rather than impressing your friends and competitors grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Proposing Through The Phone; Would You Accept? by Pinkyposh(f): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
DumaEmpire:
So what was your reply to his proposal? @OP

OP is a gay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Best Treatment For A Nagging Babe? / Have You Been In A Position With Your Cousin Like This? Photo!! / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.