Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,540 members, 7,770,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:21 AM

A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love (13224 Views)

How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? / Is This True About Jehovah Witness Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ifyebere(m): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2012
Gud day every1, I broke up with my Ex 3months ago, nd as time went on I bcame fond chatting with a long time friend on F.B, we exchanged numbers along d line, nd we got calling each oda, I found out rather she told me she's a witness, which I'm not, dis gul s already a Vet doc(serving @ illorin) while I'm in my finals(uni lagos).
As we were getting fond of each oda as d day passed by, 1 evening 8pm, nd 4 d 1st time I told her I'm already in love with her, nd I Love her 4real, she paused for a while, nd said I av dis feeling for u but I don't knw U, avnt met with u b4. She made me to understand also dat its against there religion to marry outside there faith(Jwee). Dat they de fellowship her, her parent nd relation, siblings re looking up to her, as d 1st child. Now I made person investegation nd found out dat truelly dis ppl re really strong pple. We've argued a lot about our religion difference, christmas, New year, birthdays etc, Y they don't celebrate all dis.
As we argued nd I still stood to my being a pentecostal guy, I told her despite our diff, understandin matters in a relationship, made understand dat I know dat there re many witnesses out there dat has gotten married to a non-witness nd there family re just doing great. As d sallah break approached to my suprise she said if she could come to lagos to see me, without thinkin 2ce I agreed, I av a room I'm managing I made her knw dis...
For d 1st time on sallah day we met I picked her @ d last bustop to my place, beautiful nd fun to b with, for d 2nd time I said I'm so much in Love with her, nd for d 1st time she replied, "baby I'm also in love with U even b4 I came down, but needed to knw whom I'm fallin in Love with, dats Y she's here with me" we held each oda her eyes full of tears, we .... But ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ sex. I didn't want it I cautioned myself abt dat until she left, but every oda sides sex wz done*smiles*
she has Visited me 2ce now, nd we so so much in love with each oda, nd there several times I've made know I can't b a witness on phone she'll break down nd cry, so I try as much as I can to avoid talks concerning our diff of marriage cos marriage s far from me now, but 1ce a while she brings up dis issue over, nd I wave it.
I love dis gul nd I know she in love with me, she's made me understand dat she remains a witness, I also stood nd stand on my ground I remain a pentecostal, I'm so much in pain nd worried likewise her aswel, we've 1ce agreed to part ways but still came back confessing Love to each oda. Pls people advice on what to do, should I let her go? She's just 1 best I've ever experienced so far... Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 10, 2012
Lol. . .

You will both end in tears. Just free her as early as possible.

3 Likes

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by eunisam: 10:20am On Dec 10, 2012
Why una dey love person wey una no see.nawaooo.

bros you have to repent to Jehova witness ooo

bros,it is easy for a muslem to convert a Jehova witness than a penticostal converting a Jehova witness.

Bros,nawaooo you want to sale your faith becose of love? oya naa no wahala.

Reliogion remains a change I can never make!

1 Like

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ifyebere(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2012
I won't nd can never b a witness cos of a gul, I blive with understanding tins will b fine, but if she feels d only option for to b ma gul is bcoming a witness, then she has missed it all.
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by xynerise: 11:50am On Dec 10, 2012
ifyebere: I won't nd can never b a witness cos of a gul, .
Then forget her cos that is her priority

1 Like

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by luvmijeje(f): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
Op most times relationship is about compromise,if u can't settle dis issue. don't bother going 4ward with dis relationship.
If d girl means d world 2 u firstly attend d church 4 a month on ur own with an open mind.2ndly after dat ask urself am I ready to compromise love for my faith.
By d way,what's d name of ur church and what position are u holding there?
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
A woman dose not ve religion until she is married especially wen it come to church denomination but Jehovah Witness and Deeper Life members are jx being stupid about evrytin......

born dat relation and go to where there life jare.
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ifyebere(m): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
@lumijeje I hold ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ position in my church, I'm just a member nd worship with Assemblies of God church. Its pentecostal... Hosnetly the witness re just to mean abt all dis complicating tins, I asked her if they take Oat in there church dat they're not permitted to marry outside their blief...I tire for sid people.
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
Na wa o division in the body of christ. Christians continue to shock me.

2 Likes

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Sapphire86(f): 1:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
sexkillz: Lol. . .

You will both end in tears. Just free her as early as possible.
Sexkillz grin
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by waleski(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
This kind of topic comes up twice in a year in this romance section,just search. This topic is like a dead horse. my advice for u is this, FREE HER. She won't leave her religion for u and u wuld save urself heartache esp as d relantionship never deep.

1 Like

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ifyebere(m): 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
Honestly dis devision is just too bad especially dis witness, they're just too mean. Occult people
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by UjSizzle(f): 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
It's all about compromise. If she can't face being de-fellowshiped and her parents for love and you can't leave your Pentecostal life for hers then like Killz already said, you two have no business being together. It's really important you know all there is to know about a person before you start getting too close and risk falling in love. Hopefully you've learned a vital lesson.
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
I didn't read your whole story just the topic and the end.
And immediately i saw it, i just said wahala!

Well it wont work out, except you can be a witness. Even if you survive all odds and you marry the girl& she becomes a pentecostal then the girl be better prepared to be treated as an outcast by her own family (which she already knows) and you would not mind being treated as an outcast too, by your girl's family. Then feel free!

Well if you think you can handle it,GOOD! but then i don't think its wise.

Even then with my inner eye, i don't see this relationship working,just end it now, probably before 1st January 2013!
am so sorry!
kiss
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ifyebere(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Thanks am beautiful, I've decided to Let go, but she'll stil call to let me understand she cant back out. I'm wise, ma mind is already off from d relationship, cos I know 1s she has a better option(A witness brother she loves) like me, she'll call to my attension nd call it a quit, so b4 she does d best I can do is to stop or avoid her until she realise ma mind is off her...
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by greedie1(f): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
op, y r u thinking of marriage now? u still have lyk 3 yrs and she may not be one or if she still is, one of u ll be matured enuf to give in to the other.. have u tot of wedding her in her church but still go to urs? it can be done ya know...
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
I have seen this scenario so many time so take my advice -> LEAVE HER ALONE, SHE WOULD NEVER CHANGE TO PENTECOSTAL! SHE IS A JEHOVAH WITNESS TILL SHE DIES!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ibukunobi: 1:16am On Dec 11, 2012
Bros, you are in a forum where the wrong people make comments, pls try and meet the wise ones for proper counselling. Sentiment apart, this girl has seen the truth about God that u do not know, jw is so so organized that if she leaves there for penticostal, she will never find joy in her life again, am sorry, the sad truth is churches have failed today but Jw don't compromise their standards as set out in the bible. God told abraham to listen to his wife on one such occassion and it paid off.
I will enjoin you as a brother to listen to that girl, you are just a few miles away from GOd's tent

7 Likes

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Mynd44: 2:02am On Dec 11, 2012
Am I the only one who noticed that the OP is gay?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 11, 2012
Mynd_44: Am I the only one who noticed that the OP is gay?
Yeah! You are the only one . Clap for yoursef.

1 Like

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by youngzeal1: 9:23am On Dec 11, 2012
Bros 4 ur own good leave dt girl alone
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ifyebere(m): 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hmmmn I av to let go...
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ifyebere(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hmmmn I av to let go...@ ibukun pls stop I can see u already a JW.
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Exponental(m): 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
My place of work has this couple, a pentecostal n a witness like urs (diff is dat they are both working), married now. There is an exception to all rules, if she wants u, she will bend!
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
ibukun obi: Bros, you are in a forum where the wrong people make comments, pls try and meet the wise ones for proper counselling. Sentiment apart, this girl has seen the truth about God that u do not know, jw is so so organized that if she leaves there for penticostal, she will never find joy in her life again, am sorry, the sad truth is churches have failed today but Jw don't compromise their standards as set out in the bible. God told abraham to listen to his wife on one such occassion and it paid off.
I will enjoin you as a brother to listen to that girl, you are just a few miles away from GOd's tent

@OP: ibukun obi is a Jehovah Witness and he is trying to convince you to join his religion!
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Mynd44: 4:52am On Dec 12, 2012
Guitarlife: Yeah! You are the only one . Clap for yoursef.
And this is supposed to be funny? Get of my back and go look for something else to kiss
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
And this is supposed to be funny? Get of my back and go look for something else to kiss
mynd hi.
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Mynd44: 6:51am On Dec 12, 2012
Guitarlife: mynd hi.
huh?
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2012
@op
First and foremost, I think religion is thrash and it's the prime cause of chaos in the world.

I also used to be in a relationship with a JW girl some couple of years ago. We were best of friends and very fond of each other. She knew me like the back of her hands and likewise. At a point she tried convincing her parents that I was okay and even better than some JW (giving examples of other JW's who married from outside). But being the only daughter and last child, and that both her elder brothers married from within the JW family, her request was seen as an emotional craving of a naïve girl. Her parents asked her to persuade me to switch to JW or else nothing. So at a point I contemplated being a fake JW to get married to my jewel after which I go back to my church.

So OP you might want to pretend as a JW and after you get married, you switch back! But up till now, I seriously don't know what stopped me from doing it back then.

For me I think this religion thing, is really really depriving people of peaceful and loving coexistence/relationship/marriage. I fail to believe that my marriage to someone of another religion (even when we have the same cultural heritage) will cost me heaven. So I'm at the pearly gates and St. Peter will say, "son you lived well but you married from another religion, sorry no heaven!" OR he'll say, "you committed murder, armed robbery etc but because you married from your religion, oya enter into the rest of your Lord!" Rubbish!!! And the so called custodians of the religion sef are confusing everybody with double standards and their contradictory practices & preaching!!

1 Like

Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
huh?
I said, 'mynd hi' .
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by ifyebere(m): 10:05am On Dec 12, 2012
@noibmul I love ur point ""St. Peter will say, "son you lived well but you married from another religion, sorry no heaven!" OR he'll say, "you committed murder, armed robbery etc but because you married from your religion, oya enter into the rest of your Lord!" Rubbish!!! And the so called custodians of the religion sef are confusing everybody with double standards and their contradictory practices & preaching!"" Honestly dis JW people, somtimes when they approach me for preaching, I ask dem if they take Oat in there Kingdom hall? Depriving there children d right to settle down with whom they would love to settle down with.... Too bad of them
Re: A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love by Mynd44: 10:37am On Dec 12, 2012
Guitarlife: I said, 'mynd hi' .
Hi back

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) / How Did You Get Your Women To Reach Orgasm? Share With Us! / I Meet Another Female Nairalander Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.