Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers (21943 Views)

Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Banks Use Female Marketers To Woo Senators, Reps-elect (Punch) / I Want To Setup A Computer & Phone Retailer Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 11:11am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

I stand no chance with a cretin that thinks the bigger your market capitalisation the more expensive your product/service will be?

When did I say that?

You said an FTSE250 company wouldn't just choose a language, didn't you?

You also said an FTSE250 would've conducted a thorough and flawless research before doing so, didn't you?

That's why I said Prudential - a very big company - did their research yet got their bid for AIG Asian arm wrong.

Your size doesn't mean that your research can't be flawed.

But, instead of giving an answer, you snapped. Typical!

You jackass!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

I am not saying you shouldn't be proud about your identity, that is healthy.

I am just saying chat with facts and don't be proud of the un-proud-able.

Sit down there! JAHILI KAWAI!

Do you think Speaking Writing Reading in ENGLISH = LITERATE Chinese biko most are illiterates, u tell them welcome, XANSHI QUANZHOU. No nothing!!!
grin grin grin

Hausa is Growing! Believe it or go to hell!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:22am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

When did I say that?

You said an FTSE250 company wouldn't just choose a language, didn't you?

You also said an FTSE250 would've conducted a thorough and flawless research before doing so, didn't you?

That's why I said Prudential - a very big company - did their research yet got their bid for AIG Asian arm wrong.

Your size doesn't mean that your research can't be flawed.

But, instead of giving an answer, you snapped. Typical!

You jackass!

You are a cretin!

What did you mean when you highlighted the price of Primark here and used it to state Debenhams wasn't much:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-676290.160.html#msg8413395

And you still have the audacity and idiocy to be comparing M&A work to primary market research?

And you are the cretin that wants to chat about stock markets with me?

Ori o pe! Won ti she pe fun for ever thinking I should be chatting stock markets with you! I have never been so insulted in my life. grin

auwal87:

Do you think Speaking Writing Reading in ENGLISH = LITERATE Chinese biko most are illiterates, u tell them welcome, XANSHI QUANZHOU. No nothing!!!
grin grin grin

Stop chatting utter shyt!

You are comparing Hausas with Chinese?

You think the Chinese do not go to school?

You think going to some god-forsaken, stewpid madrassa and producing future-less Almajiri beggars is what will make Hausas send people to space like the Chinese?

You can as well compare Hausas to the Japanese!

What a dumb post!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Tweety121(f): 11:23am On May 29, 2011
Wow, Nigerians seriously underestimate my Hausa/Fulani people  shocked

Equating Hausa people with those almajiris you see on the streets is silly when rich, powerful alhajis and their families are busy making moves around the world. They study in Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia and Dubai and come to London to SPEND money. They might be mistaken for Somalians or Middle Easterns because of their Islamic dress but they are there. You don't meet them in Peckham or Greenwich university as many live outside the hustle and bustle of London.

Someone already said "the average hausa dude has far more class than an average rich southerner, all they have is noise, so much talk and no substance" Just because we don't broadcast ourselves left and right doesn't mean we're not here, and the Westerners have noticed and respect our spending power and reserved style.

Yorubas of all shapes and sizes hustling and making a living are common in London, but Northerners of wealth and influence are few but powerful, and they are who the Debenhams, Harrods and Selfridges respect and want to attract.

BTW, Hausa is the most widely spoken language in Africa after Swahili. FACT

Ku zauna a chan mana, sai mun gama abun da zamu yi  cool
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2011
Tweety121:

Equating Hausa people with those almajiris you see on the streets is silly when rich, powerful alhajis and their families are busy making moves around the world. They study in Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia and Dubai and come to London to SPEND money. They might be mistaken for Somalians or Middle Easterns because of their Islamic dress but they are there. You don't meet them in Peckham or Greenwich university as many live outside the hustle and bustle of London.

Someone already said "the average hausa dude has far more class than an average rich southerner, all they have is noise, so much talk and no substance" Just because we don't broadcast ourselves left and right doesn't mean we're not here, and the Westerners have noticed and respect our spending power and reserved style.

Yorubas of all shapes and sizes hustling and making a living are common in London, but Northerners of wealth and influence are few but powerful, and they are who the Debenhams, Harrods and Selfridges respect and want to attract.

Gayamusu dan uwa, ban taba ganin jakai irin na wannan dandali ba
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Rhino5dm: 11:26am On May 29, 2011
Ka bar damuwa da wadanna yan bakin ciki. Komin bakin cikin dan kaza bai iya daukan dan shirwa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sun gagara ganewa. Sai a hankali!

Ba haushe mai ban haushi cheesy cheesy

P.s kai alwalu skelly ne?

auwal87:

grin grin grin

Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2011
Tweety121:

Fact!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 11:27am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

What did you mean when you highlighted the price of Primark here and used it to state Debenhams wasn't much:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-676290.160.html#msg8413395

And you still have the audacity and idiocy to be comparing M&A work to primary market research?

And you are the cretin that wants to chat about stock markets with me?

If you don't understand that post, too bad!

Douche bag!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Rhino5dm: 11:28am On May 29, 2011
Alarji ba ka da kyau! grin grin grin

auwal87:

Gayamusu dan uwa, ban taba ganin jakai irin na wannan dandali ba
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:28am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

Douche bag!

You have no more argument?

Then shut up and take it that you have been a beneficiary of Lord Sagamite's free NL education.

Thank me. cool
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 11:32am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

You have no more argument?

Then shut up and take it that you have been a beneficiary of Lord Sagamite's free NL education.

Thank me. cool

cheesy
Yeye boi!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2011
why the envy?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Pataki: 11:42am On May 29, 2011
71% of foreigners shopping in Debenhams are Nigerians as the report claims when assessed in 2010.

How did they arrive at this figure?

Answer: By the highest number of foreigners who claimed their tax back with the store.

Kudos to them all. I guess the likes of Abdul Mutallab are the big Hausa spenders in the UK.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2011
Even Britannica Encyclopedia have this to say;

Hausa language, the most important indigenous lingua franca in West and Central Africa, spoken as a first or second language by about 40–50 million people. It belongs to the Western subdivision of the Chadic language superfamily within the Afro-Asiatic language phylum.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/257101/Hausa-language
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2011
Actually, I missed this at first reading:

Tweety121:

Someone already said "the average hausa dude has far more class than an average rich southerner, all they have is noise, so much talk and no substance"

You want to explain to me what you mean by substance?

It is risky, but feel free to have a go.

auwal87:

Even Britannica Encyclopedia have this to say;

Hausa language, the most important indigenous lingua franca in West and Central Africa, spoken as a first or second language by about 40–50 million people. It belongs to the Western subdivision of the Chadic language superfamily within the Afro-Asiatic language phylum.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/257101/Hausa-language

And so?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by aljharem3: 11:45am On May 29, 2011
all i see is envy on this thread

to my southern friends, envy would not take u anywhere undecided

instead of u all to be happy for ur northern brother and that nigeria is recognised in the international stage

please brothers,
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by KnowAll(m): 11:54am On May 29, 2011
Wow, Nigerians seriously underestimate my Hausa/Fulani people  

Ku zauna a chan mana ku che we bamu da kudi, sai mun gama abun da zamu yi  

If the Yorubas withdraw or stop paying their council tax in most of the boroughs in South London services like refuse collection, the police and fire brigade would cease all together. You want to underestimate the " Yoruba" contribution to the UK treasury, if WE withdraw our contributions to the treasury, the inflationary trend would hit double negative figures, how dare you compare the poky little contribution of the" Hausa" in one little store on one street of what the Yorubas have done in the whole city of London. 'Woman' have u been laid lately.  undecided
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by joecrack(m): 12:00pm On May 29, 2011
@tweety,rhino and auwal
really you guys have no iota of shame,stay and be gloating that your hausa comrades are spending big time in europe(95% of which are stolen oil money laced around by kids,family members and cohorts of pubic and civil servants) when 9m almajiri are roaming the streets begging and living in dehumanising conditions,offcourse i dont need to tell you about various UN org indices~but simply put~northern nigeria is the most backward region in the world,one report said is a case of a "poverty disaster zone",yet you guys are here basking in some useless spending power euphoria.rhino i believe should no better,you come from/reside in jigawa which incidentally is the poorest state in nigeria and yet see what you engage yourself in~i doubt if the education on you is worth it.
You guys are casting aspertions on southern folks using the term hustlers albeit deregotery from you,these brave nigerians are responsible for $billions sent home to help relatives,communities etc in various aspects,some of them left nigeria as a result of the bad,highhanded,clueless,looting leadership by the northern elite/military.
Is such a shame.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by blacklion(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2011
Look at this pack of internet Boko Haram exponents. I can see that even shame and commonsense are also haram in the North.

Your region is the worst ravaged by poverty and disease and all you can do is celebrate on the internet that your rulers are able to squander the oil wealth of Niger Delta in London shops so tey the shopowners now advertise in Hausa.

I've long resisted the argument that Hausa-Fulani are destructive parasites on the rest of Nigeria but the i d i o t i c and m o r o n i c responses I'm reading here are lending credence to those who argue that there is no other way for Nigeria to move forward but to discard the incorrible parasites in the sands of the Sahara desert.

See i d i o t s that contribute zero, nothing, NADA to Nigeria but only feed fat on other people's resources coming here to exhibit almajiri mentality. I never knew that many of the educated Hausa are equally hopeless like their rulers.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2011
KnowAll:

If the Yorubas withdraw or stop paying their council tax in most of the boroughs in South London services like refuse collection, the police and fire brigade would cease all together. You want to underestimate the " Yoruba" contribution to the UK treasury, if WE withdraw our contributions to the treasury, the inflationary trend would hit double negative figures, how dare you compare the poky little contribution of the" Hausa" in one little store on one street of what the Yorubas have done in the whole city of London. 'Woman' have u been laid lately.  undecided

If you withdraw your council tax and stay in the country, you will go to jail.

If you withdraw your council tax and leave the country, you will be replaced in the locality by other nationalities or there will be less social burden for the council to need council tax for.

Your council tax is really insignificant.

That was really a silly counter. undecided
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 12:03pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

That was really a silly counter. undecided
This your yeye mouth, ehn.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Tweety121(f): 12:08pm On May 29, 2011
@ joecrack and blacklion, I wasn't gloating, just pointing out the difference between the average majority and a powerful minority in terms of Nigerian spending power and countering the wrongful assumptions about 'poor and backward Hausas,' or did you not see the ridicule heaped on us at the suggestion that our spending power could be respected by Westerners?

So it's OK to demean Hausas as poor & illiterate, but to champion them as wealthy and powerful is tasteless?

The truth is politicians and 'business men' of ALL tribes have stolen money from Nigeria and are spending it ostentatiously around the world. I'm not advocating it, I'm just commenting on a thread about retail.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

This your yeye mouth, ehn.

He would have made more sense highlighting the southern Nigerians in the top universities being educated or educating others.

The Southern Nigerians working in Banking, PE, Hedge Funds, Law, IT, Consulting, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Arts & Entertainment and Civil Service etc contributing to the UK and helping the country generate billions globally.

There are lots of Southerners of that calibre making a killing, paying significant personal tax and their employing companies pay corporate tax from the revenue they generate at home and abroad.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by KnowAll(m): 12:11pm On May 29, 2011
If you withdraw your council tax and stay in the country, you will go to jail.

If you withdraw your council tax and leave the country, you will be replaced in the locality by other nationalities or there will be less social burden for the council to need council tax for.

Your council tax is really insignificant.

That was really a silly counte

You are just being silly, are u saying the " Hausa man" contribute more than the English people in England because all 'Yorubas' I know have dual citizenship and those that don't have are in the process of getting it,  it would be foolhardy to remove citizens of a country from their country, u might as well remove the " Queen of England"  from England. What a lot of tosh coming from your mouth!!!  undecided
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 12:15pm On May 29, 2011
KnowAll:

You are just being silly, are u saying the " Hausa man" contribute more than the English people in England because all 'Yorubas' I know have dual citizenship and those that don't have are in the process of getting it,  it would be foolhardy to remove citizens of a country from their country, u might as well remove the " Queen of England"  from England. What a lot of tosh coming from your mouth!!!  undecided

You are reetarded!

Where did you see me mention Hausa contribution in my post?

How did you come to the conclusion I said they contribute more than the English?

Cretin!

How does your Hausa contributing more than English link to Yorubas having dual citizenship?

Your post lacks structure and flow, shows how under-educated you are.

Where did you see me say Yorubas do not have dual citizenships?

Where did you see me say people will be removed/deported?

What senseless point are you making?

Mooron!

If you are a citizen or not, if you don't pay your taxes and you are in the country, you go to jail or get your asset seized. Foooool!

Your counter point is hopeless.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by KnowAll(m): 12:23pm On May 29, 2011
Y
ou are reetarded!

Where did you see me mention Hausa contribution in my post?

How did you come to the conclusion I said they contribute more than the English?

Cretin!

How does your Hausa contributing more than English link to Yorubas having dual citizenship?

You post lacks structure and flow, shows how under-educated you are.

It is time to take on intellectual minows LIKE YOUSELF on this thread and give u a proper lesson, if the British dual citizened and 'English Yoruba-man' has not contributed enough to the British economy can the " Hausa-MAN" have a shop to come and shop, in a depressed economy where all the shops would have been boarded up. The Yorubas are more than a fabric of the London landscape comparable to 'Big Ben' at any-time in the history of London. Get that FACT into your thick skull.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by jmaine: 12:24pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Actually, I missed this at first reading:

You want to explain to me what you mean by substance?

It is risky, but feel free to have a go.

And so?

This got me laughing . . .when i saw you accent to it at first . .i knew sumfin was amiss  cheesy cheesy
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2011
KnowAll:

Y

It is time to take on you intellectual minows LIKE YOUSELF on this thread and give u a proper lesson, if the British dual citizened and 'English Yoruba-man' has not contributed enough to the British economy can the " Hausa-MAN" have a shop to come and shop, in a depressed economy where all the shops would have been boarded up. The Yorubas are more than a fabric of the London landscape comparable to 'Big Ben' at any-time in the history of London. Get that FACT into your thick skull.

You are cretin!

Who are you, in your daft world, educating?

ABI O RI E O PE!

How did you conclude the post was my opinion quantifying Yoruba contribution in my address to you?

Moooron!

All I said was saying someone paying council tax is a contribution is mooronic!

Dumbo!

Yorubas are fabric of London my arse!

What should the Indians say then?

They are Aso Ebi?

What should the Jews then say?

Foool!

jmaine:

This got me laughing . . .when i saw you accent to it at first . .i knew sumfin was amiss  cheesy cheesy

Come on, men! grin grin grin grin grin

As transcendentally intelligent as I am, I no be computer now.

Slight errors occur, even in computer sef.

My name no be Six Sigma na. grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by denzel2009: 12:35pm On May 29, 2011
Pataki:

71% of foreigners shopping in Debenhams are Nigerians as the report claims when assessed in 2010.

How did they arrive at this figure?

Answer: By the highest number of foreigners who claimed their tax back with the store.

Kudos to them all. I guess the likes of Abdul Mutallab are the big Hausa spenders in the UK.

I can bet my balls that a significant amount of those that reclaim their VAT are not Hausas. So, how did they come about picking Hausa language?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 12:37pm On May 29, 2011
denzel2009:

I can bet my balls that a significant amount of those that reclaim their VAT are not Hausas. So, how did they come about picking Hausa language?

You are playing with your balls based on your conjectures?

You go soon lose your balls.

They came about picking Hausa language because they researched the majority of those reclaiming their VAT are Hausas.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by denzel2009: 12:40pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

You are playing with your balls based on your conjectures?

You go soon lose your balls.

They came about picking Hausa language because they judged the majority of those reclaiming their VAT are Hausas.

So on the Vat reclaim forms they ask you your tribe?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by KnowAll(m): 12:43pm On May 29, 2011
You are cretin!

Who are you, in your daft world, educating?

ABI O RI E O PE!

How did you conclude the post was my opinion quantifying Yoruba contribution in my address to you?

Moooron!

All I said was saying someone paying council tax is a contribution is mooronic!

Dumbo!

Yorubas are fabric of London my arse!

What should the Indians say then? They are Aso Ebi!

Foool!

Going into a tirade of foul language does not help your case or your argument, you are intellectually incapable to comprehend the dynamics of micro and macro economic theory. Even Chancellor of the Exchequer would not dear underestimate the contribution of the 'Yoruba s' to this economy, I leave you to your explicitly diminished aptitude of the aforementioned,  you can continuing wallowing in your convoluted hysteria, I do not have time for teenagers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note / Guide on writing for profit using iwriter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.