Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers (21941 Views)

Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Banks Use Female Marketers To Woo Senators, Reps-elect (Punch) / I Want To Setup A Computer & Phone Retailer Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 12:47pm On May 29, 2011
denzel2009:

So on the Vat reclaim forms they ask you your tribe?

What makes you think they don't research the specific customers when claiming VAT?

KnowAll:

Going into a tirade of foul language does not help your case or your argument, you are intellectually incapable to comprehend the dynamics of micro and macro economic theory. Even Chancellor of the Exchequer would not dear underestimate the contribution of the 'Yoruba s' to this economy, I leave you to your explicitly diminished aptitude of the aforementioned,  you can continuing wallowing in your convoluted hysteria, I do not have time for teenagers.

You are a cretin!

If the dynamics of micro and macro economic theory you were thought at your school is to say paying your council tax is some huge economic contribution then I don't want to comprehend like you. My education was way better than that.

Yoruba is the fabric of London my arse.

Mooronic, delusional gasconade!

Wetin make Jews, Indians, Irish and Chinese come say.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by denzel2009: 12:54pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

What makes you think they don't research the specific customers when claiming VAT?

Sagamite, you need to go out more and stop attacking your cretins on NL. cheesy

All they need to do before launching that campaign is to google major Nigerian language. Even wiki lists them as Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba etc

Must everything be scientifically researched?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On May 29, 2011
denzel2009:

Sagamite, you need to go out more and stop attacking your cretins on NL.  cheesy

All they need to do before launching that campaign is to google major Nigerian language. Even wiki lists them as Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba etc

Must everything be scientifically researched?

I am pretty sure people working at such a company and at such a level that is strategic to the profits of the firm will be quite intelligent and not resort to such arbitrariness.

More so, definitely not in UK, where they will even have many Nigerians working in their head office.

It is not Russia or Germany. It is London, mate.

On the other hand, if I don't attack cretins how will I explain to God on Judgement Day about being selfish with my superior Godly intellect? undecided
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2011
Big Bad Belle Fools!

No single Hausa in this EFCC Most Wanted List:>>> http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=25&Itemid=59

Obasanjo was the biggest Looter compared to IBB and Abacha!

FYI: Most Hausa people visiting UK are business men and professionals (Doctors, Lawyers, etc).

Behold, 1 billion naira is gone in a single day (Inauguration of Goodluck Jonathan)! Where is all the Foreign Reserve?? Spent in Presidential Campaigns??
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

Big Bad Belle Fools!

No single Hausa in this EFCC Most Wanted List:>>> http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=25&Itemid=59

Don't be an eediot!

Do most of those look like people wanted for looting national treasury?

auwal87:

Obasanjo was the biggest Looter compared to IBB and Abacha!

You must be deluded if you don't know the latter 2 are mainly responsible for destroying Nigeria economically and socially!

auwal87:

FYI: Most Hausa people visiting UK are business men and professionals (Doctors, Lawyers, etc).

You must be on drugs!

Where do Hausa doctors get £1600 to spend in one go and this is after paying for flight?

How many Hausa lawyers, doctors and other professionals are there?

What businesses are the business men doing?

Utter clunking rubbish!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 1:11pm On May 29, 2011
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by denzel2009: 1:12pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

I am pretty sure people working at such a company and at such a level that is strategic to the profits of the firm will be quite intelligent and not resort to such arbitrariness.

More so, definitely not in UK, where they will even have many Nigerians working in their head office.

It is not Russia or Germany. It is London, mate.

On the other hand, if I don't attack cretins how will I explain to God on Judgement Day about being selfish with my superior Godly intellect? undecided
We are still saying the same thing. If they have done it strategically and by careful sampling of customers that regularly patronize them, you and I know they wouldn't have picked Hausa.

If the so called Hausas are very wealthy, they won't go through with the tedious task of collating receipts from every store and join the long queue at the airport in order to reclaim few quids of VAT.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't be an eediot!

Do most of those look like people wanted for looting national treasury?

You must be deluded if you don't know the latter 2 are mainly responsible for destroying Nigeria economically and socially!

You must be on drugs!

Where do Hausa doctors get £1600 to spend in one go and this is after paying for flight?

How many Hausa lawyers, doctors and other professionals are there?

What businesses are the business men doing?

Utter clunking rubbish!

Bad Belle! Go to Hell with it!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin Hausa Rocks!!!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by eesaah(m): 1:15pm On May 29, 2011
@ Auwal and  tweety121, pls don't bother yourselves trying to state the obvious to these guys. Let them keep hating. Debenhams have adopted Hausa language for it advert, if u don't like it go hang yourself simple!

sara da sassaka bata hana gamji toho!!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by blacklion(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2011
Tweety121:

@ joecrack and blacklion, I wasn't gloating, just pointing out the difference between the average majority and a powerful minority in terms of Nigerian spending power and countering the wrongful assumptions about 'poor and backward Hausas,' or did you not see the ridicule heaped on us at the suggestion that our spending power could be respected by Westerners?

So it's OK to demean Hausas as poor & illiterate, but to champion them as wealthy and powerful is tasteless?

The truth is politicians and 'business men' of ALL tribes have stolen money from Nigeria and are spending it ostentatiously around the world. I'm not advocating it, I'm just commenting on a thread about retail.

Thanks for the sensible comments. I was not addressing people like you.

Yes, its absolutely true that the elites from all over the country have looted Nigeria blind.

And yes, we all know that the North has its own educated professionals and not all are almajiris or beggars.

My comments are directed at the group of numbskulls who are here celebrating that Nigeria's stolen money is being squandered by elites from their area in London to the extent that UK shop owners now advertise in their native language as if that is anything to celebrate.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2011
blacklion:

Thanks for the sensible comments. I was not addressing people like you.

Yes, its absolutely true that the elites from all over the country have looted Nigeria blind.

And yes, we all know that the North has its own educated professionals and not all are almajiris or beggars.

My comments are directed at the group of numbskulls who are here celebrating that Nigeria's stolen money is being squandered by elites from their area in London to the extent that UK shop owners now advertise in their native language as if that is anything to celebrate.

So any rich Nigerian is a thief undecided? Just because you are not rich? Don't you want to be rich too? Common man, be fair, not all rich Nigerians are public office holders. We have lots of business men all over the world.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 1:29pm On May 29, 2011
denzel2009:

We are still saying the same thing. If they have done it strategically and by careful sampling of customers that regularly patronize them, you and I know they wouldn't have picked Hausa.

You still don't get it!

It is not about regular patronisation. It is about significant patronisation.

They have done their research for their summer sales and have found that there are a lot of Hausas that come over and shop at the Oxford Street Debenhams (which is close to the Arab-centric Marble Arch).

That does not mean that there are more Hausas visiting that particular Oxford Street shop than Yorubas or Ibos. I think this point is what you are struggling to comprehend.

What Debenhams have probably found is that the fewer Hausas (who normally show up in the Summer) spend far more on average than the everyday UK-based Southerners or Tourist Southerners.

I gave you a Customer Set examples to help you comprehend it.

If I am making, for example, a profit of £1500 per customer from one set of 20 customers at the same cost as the £40 profit per customer I am making from the other set of 300 customers, the 20 customers will be more important to me.

That is why they chose Hausa.

Do you get it?

denzel2009:

If the so called Hausas are very wealthy, they won't go through with the tedious task of collating receipts from every store and join the long queue at the airport in order to reclaim few quids of VAT.

Mate, 17.5% or 20% tax on £10,000 is significant enough money. You can only sensible assume they did not only shop in Debenhams when they were in the UK, and if they are spending over £1000 per shopping in Debenhams you can imagine how much they spend throughout.

What is tedious about waiting 5 mins to collect receipts to get £2000+/- back?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by KnowAll(m): 1:30pm On May 29, 2011
So any rich Nigerian is a thief ? Just because you are not rich? Don't you want to be rich too? Common man, be fair, not all rich Nigerians are public office holders. We have lots of[b] business men all over the world[/b].

Business Men indeed  without a Business, could you please tell us what businesses these men are into, of course taking out " Political Business" from the equation.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:39pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

You still don't get it!

It is not about regular patronisation. It is about significant patronisation.

They have done their research for their summer sales and have found that there are a lot of Hausas that come over and shop at the Oxford Street Debenhams (which is close to the Arab-centric Marble Arch).

That does not mean that there are more Hausas visiting that particular Oxford Street shop than Yorubas or Ibos. I think this point is what you are struggling to comprehend.

What Debenhams have probably found is that the fewer Hausas (who normally show up in the Summer) spend far more on average than the everyday UK-based Southerners or Tourist Southerners.

I gave you a Customer Set examples to help you comprehend it.

If I am making, for example, a profit of £1500 per customer from one set of 20 customers at the same cost as the £40 profit per customer I am making from the other set of 300 customers, the 20 customers will be more important to me.

That is why they chose Hausa.

Do you get it?

Mate, 17.5% or 20% tax on £10,000 is significant enough money. You can only sensible assume they did not only shop in Debenhams when they were in the UK, and if they are spending over £1000 per shopping in Debenhams you can imagine how much they spend throughout.

What is tedious about waiting 5 mins to collect receipts to get £2000+/- back?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by denzel2009: 2:01pm On May 29, 2011
Common Sagamite you can't reclaim VAT on goods in excess of £600. And they have to physically check the goods sef at the airport.

and I thought you already told told us they conducted a special research.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2011
denzel2009:

Common Sagamite you can't reclaim VAT on goods in excess of £600. And they have to physically check the goods sef at the airport.

Hmm!

I no no that!

Is that for individual item that cost over £600 or any group of items over £600?

denzel2009:

and I thought you already told told us they conducted a special research.

I don't get this point.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Eziachi: 2:14pm On May 29, 2011
reindeer:

I think the shop owners may just be misinformed. Igbo or Yoruba would have been better.I have met very few hausas in the UK. . .very few.
Well, while you may think like a Nigeria, where tribal sentiments determines things, this shop doesn't as they use hard fact a available to them. While many Igbos/Yorubas may be in London but they don't shop in Oxford street, including the rich, but sunday markets all around London. While Hausa visitors  just like few of them that live in the U.K probably new nothing about cheap Sunday markets.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by denzel2009: 2:18pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Hmm!

I no no that!

Is that for individual item that cost over £600 or any group of items over £600?

I don't get this point.

Wheeew!!! getting sagamite to say I no know: PRICELESS cheesy
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 2:20pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Hmm!

I no no that!

I don't get this point.

You are NOW a man.

Now, I can say you are brilliant and intelligent.

Didn't expect you to say so.
Keep it up. wink cheesy
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by denzel2009: 2:21pm On May 29, 2011
Eziachi:

Well, while you may think like a Nigeria, where tribal sentiments determines things, this shop doesn't as they use hard fact a available to them. While many Igbos/Yorubas may be in London but[b] they don't shop in Oxford street[/b], including the rich, but sunday markets all around London. While Hausa visitors  just like few of them that live in the U.K probably new nothing about cheap Sunday markets.

Big lie Mr Eziachi grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by KnowAll(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2011
Well, while you may think like a Nigeria, where tribal sentiments determines things, this shop doesn't as they use hard fact a available to them. While many Igbos/Yorubas may be in London but they don't shop in Oxford street, including the rich, but sunday markets all around London. While Hausa visitors just like few of them that live in the U.K probably new nothing about cheap Sunday markets.

Talk for yourself and any other new jjc's in town. I cannot remember the last time I went to a "street market" or "Sunday market". My wife(second marriage) who has just done barely 3 years in England is still intrigue by the bargain you get from such places, I know with time she would outgrow the fondness she has for those places.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2011
denzel2009:

Wheeew!!! getting sagamite to say I no know: PRICELESS  cheesy

I will report to Seun for advertising for Mastercard on NL without paying.  grin

ola olabiy:

You are NOW a man.

Now, I can say you are brilliant and intelligent.

Didn't expect you to say so.
Keep it up. wink cheesy

I  am always open to learning.  grin

Eziachi:

Well, while you may think like a Nigeria, where tribal sentiments determines things, this shop doesn't as they use hard fact a available to them. While many Igbos/Yorubas may be in London but they don't shop in Oxford street, including the rich, but sunday markets all around London. While Hausa visitors  just like few of them that live in the U.K probably new nothing about cheap Sunday markets.

GBAM!

I have been holding that fact as arsenal in reserve.

Wetin my arse they go look for for Debenhams in Oxford Street?  undecided

Wetin my arse dey even look for even for Oxford Street itself when I fit hit several cheaper alternatives?  undecided
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by denzel2009: 2:38pm On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

I will report to Seun for advertising for Mastercard on NL without paying.  grin

I  am always open to learning.  grin

Please don't let that guy ban me o. I have my image of not having any other handle and never been banned to protect. wink
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by kbdrim(m): 2:56pm On May 29, 2011
Northerners dont do security jobs, sweeping of streets, washing toilet in UK, they come to study or joy their lives cos they got class, get ova it southerners cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 2:58pm On May 29, 2011
kbdrim:

Northerners dont do security jobs, sweeping of streets, washing toilet in UK, they come to study or joy their lives cos they got class, get ova it southerners cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

And your point is?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by ezeagu(m): 3:04pm On May 29, 2011
kbdrim:

That's because they are the ones making their Hausa brothers at home the people dominating those jobs in Nigeria. There is absolutely nothing to brag about.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Eziachi: 3:10pm On May 29, 2011
denzel2009:

Big lie Mr Eziachi grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Believe it on not, Why buy a designer suit for £400  at Oxford Street when you can get it at East Street market for £50.99 or any other Sunday market? Southern visitors knew these places or taken there by relatives living in London, while our northern brothers are not privilege  to such. And Sunday markets don't do VAT either and you can haggle the price too Nigerian style grin grin grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by blacklion(m): 3:10pm On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

So any rich Nigerian is a thief undecided? Just because you are not rich? Don't you want to be rich too? Common man, be fair, not all rich Nigerians are public office holders. We have lots of business men all over the world.

Pls name them. I challenge you to name just 10 prominent nationally known businessmen of Hausa-Fulani extraction who -

1. never made any money whatsoever from Nigerian government contract

2. never benefitted from Nigerian government-approved import duty waiver or other government business concession

3. never participated in politics or held political post in Nigeria

4.  never benefitted from Nigerian Customs Service illegal seizure of imported goods or illegal customs duty waivers

When you have finished that one, then please name 10 Hausa-Fulani lawyers who became SAN or had successful corporate practice; also name ten prominent northern medical practitioners who have money to squander on Oxford Street etc.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Katsumoto: 3:12pm On May 29, 2011
Boasting about shopping on oxford street is lame considering the wealth was stolen and a majority of your brothers are roaming the streets as almajiris.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 29, 2011
Why so much hate for Hausas?
Abegii. Give this people as much opportunities as you give the Southerners, and they'll be just as competitive.

Bad leadership and religion is their problem.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by aljharem3: 3:13pm On May 29, 2011
blacklion:

Pls name them. I challenge you to name just 10 prominent nationally known businessmen of Hausa-Fulani extraction who -

1. never made any money whatsoever from Nigerian government contract

2. never benefitted from Nigerian government-approved import duty waiver or other government business concession

3. never participated in politics or held political post in Nigeria

4.  never benefitted from Nigerian Customs Service illegal seizure of imported goods or illegal customs duty waivers

When you have finished that one, then please name 10 Hausa-Fulani lawyers who became SAN or had successful corporate practice; also name ten prominent northern medical practitioners who have money to squander on Oxford Street etc.

babakusa

kuku

etc

i have forgotten now, will update u later
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by blacklion(m): 3:14pm On May 29, 2011
ezeagu:

That's because they are the ones making their Hausa brothers at home the people dominating those jobs in Nigeria. There is absolutely nothing to brag about.

Don't mind the m u g u. He's part of the wicked and selfish northern elite that deprives their own people of education so that the northern talakawa are forced to work as mai-guard and aboki in the South while the northern elites loot the federation allocation to the northern states and pack the money to London to shop at Debenhams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online / LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.