Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,665 members, 7,840,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Kano State Owes N110 Billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Owes N110 Billion (4235 Views)

Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos / Unpaid Workers' Salaries Estimated At N110 Billion In 12 States / Kogi State Owes Teachers 23 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by 13volts(m): 8:48pm On May 31, 2011
believe me shekarau is the wrost governor kano state has seen
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by chelseabmw(m): 10:32pm On May 31, 2011
efcc where r thou? grin
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by Sagamite(m): 10:33pm On May 31, 2011
This really has to be assessed in relativity with the revenue the state is currently generating or forecasted to generate in the next few years.

Not like I think such info would be positive if provided. undecided
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by Guyman02: 10:59pm On May 31, 2011
If Shekarau had spent money on educating the millions of almajiris in his state, he wouldnt have gotten a second term, so he rather gives sharia law and entrench poverty.
Instead of working he was busy sponsoring hisba sharia police to mount road blocks seaching for trucks carrying alcohol to destroy.

The fact is that some regions in the country are slowing others down; just like former Gov Alimodu Sherriff said 'the southern press can write whatever they like afterall morethan half of the people in Borno cannot read.
FOREXMART:

I left kano 4 ph 2004 and got back july 2010. Believe me when I tell you dat that man is the worst governor kano has ever seen cos I grew up there. Even the military administrators did better.

That man capitalized on the mediocrity of the un-educated hausa populace to rule thats state. U complaining about how much he has stolen. Please wait till u see the football stadium he built in kano as his residence, or should I call it an airport?

That that just one of hes properties. That man Shekarau is a criminal and a bloody civilian.

Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by fxtopedia(m): 11:09pm On May 31, 2011
What do you expect from an orator who knows how to play on people's intelligence via his speech?
Many NLders were supporting this thief after the debate,  ROFLMAO
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by aaidel(m): 11:45pm On May 31, 2011
a few facts
1. it was the incoming governor during his first term that created the ministry of shariah or whatever it is called shekarau only enforced it
2. shekarau is a weak man that isnt able to call to order his commisioners when they err
3. part of the campaign promises made by kwankwaso was that he will disgrace shekarau
4. kwankwaso was the worst governor kano had but shkarau is pretty close behind him
besides we all know the political dance that happens everytime power changes hands from one party to another in nigeria it is always allegations and counter allegations and finger pointing God help us all
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by Arrowman(m): 12:20am On Jun 01, 2011
i wount blame mallam sha! But why wount he share part of his national cake while he is gorvening bunch of illitrate men and women and runing from one radio and television houses to the other boasting that he is the best gorvernor in the north even having the gods to contest for presidential sit.what a shame to kano state govt.a whole Mallam of all.
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by juman(m): 2:28am On Jun 01, 2011
aaidel:

a few facts
1. it was the incoming governor during his first term that created the ministry of shariah or whatever it is called shekarau only enforced it
2. shekarau is a weak man that isnt able to call to order his commisioners when they err
3. part of the campaign promises made by kwankwaso was that he will disgrace shekarau
4. kwankwaso was the worst governor kano had but shkarau is pretty close behind him
besides we all know the political dance that happens everytime power changes hands from one party to another in nigeria it is always allegations and counter allegations and finger pointing God help us all

I also beleive that, but with that kind of loan, his performance suppose to be cryng every where.

His aides may be smarter than him, stealing money here and there.
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by ektbear: 8:30am On Jun 01, 2011
Sagamite:

This really has to be assessed in relativity with the revenue the state is currently generating or forecasted to generate in the next few years.

Not like I think such info would be positive if provided. undecided

This might help: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-300410.0.html#msg8234903

http://www..com/ng/states-and-lgda-specific-talks/8017-kano-state-2011-budget-n122-6b.html
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by DaDoctor: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2011
@newdeal

the FOI BILL hass been signed.

SHEKARAU UNDER DEVELOPED KANO, GO THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by Sagamite(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2011
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by ektbear: 10:07am On Jun 01, 2011
^- http://www.cenbank.org/documents/annualreports.asp

"Annual Report 2009" is what you want.
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by Sagamite(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2011
The state looks pretty much fcked.

Debt is over 150% of Revenue (N71.5bn)

Debt is about 90% of Annual State budget (N122.6bn)

And I wouldn't be surprised if annual expenditure is more than budget. Worse still the budget was not used as intended, hence no value generated from it.
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by aminu150(m): 11:32am On Jun 01, 2011
quote.
''every Friday he (shakaru) gives the people one thousand Naira each, every time you 'll see people line up waiting for bashi. this was how the money was spent.''
this is a big LIE my brother. i live in kano and have never seen a day where people queu up to collect 1000 naira. Shekarau brainwashed the people of kano excluding those that are wise, that was why they thought he is a true Malam, which is not true in the real sense.
Re: Kano State Owes N110 Billion by loco4love: 1:35am On Jun 03, 2011
Whats is happening I am losing my hope in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari / What Was Olikoye Ransome-kuti Thinking? / What Do You Understand By Stealing Is Not Corruption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.