Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) (104972 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine / Dr. Intercessor Jehovah Buys His Third Hummer Limousine, Shows It Off In Aba / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2021
There’s nothing wrong in using expensive things if it serves the purpose.

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 26, 2021
thesicilian:
It started with the television which he called "the devil's box" suddenly becoming a "ministry tool".
Now it's limo rides and jets. If you ask they'll say their God is not a poor God. My question is, the poor members who donate their sweat and blood for the ministry to move forward daily, is their God a poor God?

Even though I no longer go to church.

I’d give you or anyone else for that matter 1 million naira if you can show me a video or a teaching where pastor Kumuyi condemned tvs or called it a devil’s box

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by desiredhome: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2021
thesicilian:
It started with the television which he called "the devil's box" suddenly becoming a "ministry tool".
Now it's limo rides and jets. If you ask they'll say their God is not a poor God. My question is, the poor members who donate their sweat and blood for the ministry to move forward daily, is their God a poor God?
The message of Prophet Fela comes to mind.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Benjaniblinks(m): 11:13am On Sep 26, 2021
thesicilian:
Can you link us to a video of where he called the television a "Devil's box" or you are making an allegation based on hear say?

2 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by gurunlocker: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2021
SmartyPants:

You people talk as if there is nothing like moderation.

Why must he only either use a battered old car or an extravagant one?

How about a nice modest, decent but not extravagant car? Is anything wrong with that?

Who are "you people", do you have problem reading or comprehending? Maybe you should go back to my post and read slowly.
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by egoldman(m): 11:13am On Sep 26, 2021
Make them free this man abeg.
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by flamingREED(m): 11:13am On Sep 26, 2021
The woman with the alabaster box of ointment comes to mind.
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by hosemujica: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2021
tillaman:
So because of their doctrines he is supposed to be trekking or using Archaic stuffs
Nobody is asking him to use archaic stuffs, a 2018 Toyota corolla is not archaic its a car that will also take him from point A to B comfortably.

He may not like corolla, Honda is there, other middle class looking vehicles to mirror his followers are there to use .
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by stanluiz(m): 11:14am On Sep 26, 2021
SmartyPants:

You people talk as if there is nothing like moderation.

Why must he only either use a battered old car or an extravagant one?

How about a nice modest, decent but not extravagant car? Is anything wrong with that?
Does that expensive limousine look like a modest and decent car ?

How many can afford it ?

2 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by desiredhome: 11:15am On Sep 26, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

Can you link us to a video of where he called the television a "Devil's box" or you are making an allegation based on hear say?
In the beginning, that was his message, you can ask your parents or your grandparents if your parents are still young

3 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by omoredia: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2021
maybe the poster loves poverty. so may he have it in abundance. can we all say amen
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Burgerlomo: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2021
LordIsaac:
Well....he's deserving of it. Things have changed though, I must confess.

Don't mind them

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by SmartPolician: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I have still never heard Kumuyi bragging about material possessions as some other church leaders do, so I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Take it or leave it, he's closer to God than most church leaders of this nation are.

He tried to get things right because of his love for God, but made some errors along the way. It's better than not trying at all or caring about doing things the right way, which is what many others are guilty of.

By the way, I am not a member of his church and don't think I have ever stepped my feet into a deeper life church building, but I have some respect for the man because I can see in him a man who really has the interest of God at heart.

God bless.

Mr God's spokesman, speak for yourself not for God.

3 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Enyimbamercedes: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2021
For a church whose doctrines include not watching tv, wearing earrings, no hair extensions or makeup, he should have arrived on a donkey!

Kumuyi is a manipulator, all men of god are

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by funshint(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2021
myike2:
It was by no accident that Jesus’ earthly parents were carpenters.
It was by no accident that Jesus supported his early life through carpentry.
It was by no accident that Jesus made is triumphant entry on a donkey.
It was by no accident that Jesus was fleeing when they wanted to make him King.
It was by no accident that he washed the feet if his disciples.

Despite being the ONLY son of the ALMIGHTY God, Jesus was an epitom of humility. He could have lived a lavish life on earth as the son of the most high but he did not. If the founder of Christianity (Jesus) portrayed such outstanding humility, why should it be any different for pastors who are supposed to be “FOLLOWERS” of Christ?
Matthew 6:24
"He was made poor so that we can be rich...." 2Cor8:9
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by desiredhome: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I have still never heard Kumuyi bragging about material possessions as some other church leaders do, so I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Take it or leave it, he's closer to God than most church leaders of this nation are.

He tried to get things right because of his love for God, but made some errors along the way. It's better than not trying at all or caring about doing things the right way, which is what many others are guilty of.

By the way, I am not a member of his church and don't think I have ever stepped my feet into a deeper life church building, but I have some respect for the man because I can see in him a man who really has the interest of God at heart.

God bless.
You are his guiding Engel to know all that abi?.....try read your Bible and not to allow someone read and explain it for you
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Chicky34: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2021
They do have different Gods ni or better put it this way the pastors are serving a rich God while there followers are serving a poor God

thesicilian:

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by stanluiz(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2021
Bible will tell us that one of the fruit of the holy spirit is long suffering.

But pastors fly private jet, ride expensive cars and live good and comfortable life while average members suffers.

Religious laws are for the poor!

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Cowbell521: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2021
gurunlocker:
grin grin grin

This is a funny thread.... The thing is, no matter what you do, people will still talk.

If he had used that old car, people would have still call him names.... I understand the reason they are attacking him, which is because of his past laid doctrines.
D thing wey funny pass be say na airpeace even get D Limousine for VIPs. But all the poor people here wey never near airport no fit know

4 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Femmyfestus: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Many of the people spreading propagandas about Deeper life are outsiders who don't know Jack about the doctrines of the church. I was born into deeper life and aside from those old days, deeper life have moved on from many of those. But many outsiders keep spreading the old doctrines.

He is having a program in Abuja, for all you know, his members may have arranged for the vehicle that will pick him at the airport.
In all, I don't think anyone should have a problem with how another person chose to spend his own money as long as he made it legitimately. And he never said his members shouldn't have a life. If you attend deeper camp programs, you will see the kind of cars the pastors drive.
There are just too many lies about the church and most of them are circulated by outsiders like you who have zero knowledge of happening within the church.
They said deeper life members don't use TV, yet if you go to deeper church you will see that every single deeper life church has a TV in it. Infact, it's compulsory.
They said the church has a ridiculous marriage doctrines yet Redeemed have a tougher marriage doctrines and no one is talking about it. I married my wife in a Redeemed church and I know what we went through. Even as a deeper life member, I found it annoying at a point! I mean that church rejected her wedding dress 5 times. If it was deeper life, people will start talking.
There is no church in heaven
See you glorifying Deeper life and talking down on redeem. Isn't the same God and Jesus you guys serve?
Stop all this division in the body of christ. Let love lead

2 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2021
SmartPolician:

Mr God's spokesman, speak for yourself not for God.
I have spoken my own opinion, if you don't feel I was entitled to it, you're not entitled to yours.

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Cowbell521: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
Funniest thing be say, na even airpeace get D Limousine. Na weytin dem they take pickup VIP 4rm Tamac. But weytin u want people wey never enter airport b4 talk?

5 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by God1000(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2021
No comment
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Cowbell521: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Many of the people spreading propagandas about Deeper life are outsiders who don't know Jack about the doctrines of the church. I was born into deeper life and aside from those old days, deeper life have moved on from many of those. But many outsiders keep spreading the old doctrines.

He is having a program in Abuja, for all you know, his members may have arranged for the vehicle that will pick him at the airport.
In all, I don't think anyone should have a problem with how another person chose to spend his own money as long as he made it legitimately. And he never said his members shouldn't have a life. If you attend deeper camp programs, you will see the kind of cars the pastors drive.
There are just too many lies about the church and most of them are circulated by outsiders like you who have zero knowledge of happening within the church.
They said deeper life members don't use TV, yet if you go to deeper church you will see that every single deeper life church has a TV in it. Infact, it's compulsory.
They said the church has a ridiculous marriage doctrines yet Redeemed have a tougher marriage doctrines and no one is talking about it. I married my wife in a Redeemed church and I know what we went through. Even as a deeper life member, I found it annoying at a point! I mean that church rejected her wedding dress 5 times. If it was deeper life, people will start talking.
Doctrine dey different 4rm tradition guy. Deeper life doctrine be like 10 or 14 or so and I dey hear them talk Holiness sanctification bla bla bla... Doctrine still dey campe. I no be ur member but this I know.
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Benjaniblinks(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2021
desiredhome:

In the beginning, that was his message, you can ask your parents or your grandparents if your parents are still young
Where you born there?
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Richy4(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2021
lacoste1985:
So because he's a man of God, he shouldn't enjoy this life......even if Jesus still dey dis Earth,he go ride limousine n SUVs

What people were against was the hypocrisy of it all.... On a normal day, their members are too judgmental...Any other pastor coming down on such car would remind non church goers on vanity upon vanity..

seeing their General overseer on that flamboyant car is kind of questionable and new to a lot of people... considering the fact that they were not supposed to own TV, I don't know if they have lifted the ban on Perfume etc..

3 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by derecho(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2021
patriotic007:
Members can own a TV but GO can own a limo?
Does the Limo belong to Kumuyi?
I'm just asking

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by surgebitcoin(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2021
that's FAAN airport limousine does not belong to deeper life.It is used to pick VIPs

3 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by airsaylongcome: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2021
thesicilian:

That TV volte face was the most shocking for me. For years, Deeper life families that had TVs at home turned their TVs to the wall

3 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Cowbell521: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2021
patriotic007:
Members can own a TV but GO can own a limo?
Mumu. Who tell u say na him get D Limo? U be idiot. Go airpeace VIP lounge 4 Abuja and tell me if U no go see D same Limo there. Them no go let u enter sef bcuz poor pipu no near airport VIP section

2 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2021
desiredhome:

You are his guiding Engel to know all that abi?.....try read your Bible and not to allow someone read and explain it for you
You obviously don't know who you're speaking about otherwise you'd understand you speak ignorantly.

You seem to allow sentiments to becloud your good judgment that you can't see any good thing about any Nigeria church leaders. I'm not driven by sentiments or hatred as you are but the Truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo) / FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.