Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (331676 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ysokoya: 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
Hi All, kindly assist me with a standard document on casual or contract workers in a factory setting. Regards,
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Naijacareerist: 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2012
For those that are looking for ways to be strategic in HR and learn about how we can use HR to advance the company of your HR join the linkedin group for young HR professionals. We talk about a lot of interesting issues including policies, employees, and strategic HR competencies.
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4127802&trk=hb_side_g
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Don1Dee(m): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
Can one without a background in the social sciences be given PG admission in HR on successful completion of CIPM?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:49am On Feb 15, 2012
Don1Dee:

Can one without a background in the social sciences be given PG admission in HR on successful completion of CIPM?

Of course, yes.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
ysokoya:

Hi All, kindly assist me with a standard document on casual or contract workers in a factory setting. Regards,

Have you gotten any? If not, pls forward your mail here and let people help.  Sorry for this late response anyway.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by superjumbo: 6:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
Looking for Laws of the Federation of Nigeria revised edition 2010 pdf volume 1-14. Please help

Foreigner studing interested in Nigeria Law.

Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:27am On Feb 28, 2012
superjumbo:

Looking for Laws of the Federation of Nigeria revised edition 2010 pdf volume 1-14. Please help

Foreigner studing interested in Nigeria Law.

Thanks

http://www.achpr.org/english/state_reports/Nigeria/4th%20periodic%20report.pdf

Will this one help?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by superjumbo: 9:07pm On Feb 29, 2012
Thanks for the effort but this is not what i am looking for. Any other help will be appreciated.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Naijacareerist: 10:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
Can we say the HR professional is being taken seriously in Nigeria. Many people say its not about the experience you have but who you know. Are HR professionals contributing to this problem ? How can we change the way we employ people we are bringing into companies. I am sorry for the questions but there are genuiene concerns of mine. I feel that we are lagging behind even India is now up to speed in HR how can we change thins?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:27am On Mar 01, 2012
superjumbo:

Thanks for the effort but this is not what i am looking for. Any other help will be appreciated.

Allright then.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2012
Naijacareerist:

Can we say the HR professional is being taken seriously in Nigeria. Many people say its not about the experience you have but who you know. Are HR professionals contributing to this problem ? How can we change the way we employ people we are bringing into companies. I am sorry for the questions but there are genuiene concerns of mine. I feel that we are lagging behind even India is now up to speed in HR how can we change thins?

If you won’t mind sending your mail add and let me forward a paper work and we talk further on same. I think the file is large I should have uploaded it here.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Naijacareerist: 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
Hello @yemmight I have sent you an email!
yemmight:

If you won’t mind sending your mail add and let me forward a paper work and we talk further on same. I think the file is large I should have uploaded it here.

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:39am On Mar 02, 2012
Naijacareerist:

Hello @yemmight I have sent you an email!

Ok will check.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kentastic: 9:11am On Mar 07, 2012
Hi all,

I'm studying for a M.Sc in HRM outside Nigeria. I'll like help with interesting and easily accessible dissertation topics in Nigerian context. Thanks in advance.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by WAMAI: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2012
Am a customer carer officer in a Telecom industry n has concluded my PE 2 exam of CIPM. I ve applied 4 my 1yr. IT experience which is one of the criterias 4 induction but has not gotten any response. Another coy has invited me 4 a test( IT on HR) n I wish to resign from my present job whenever am called by this new coy.
Does it sound like a good decision
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by wyfnmuda: 11:27am On Mar 19, 2012
Hello Everyone!

Are you looking to boost your Career in the Human Resource Field? Then this Course Programme is for you - The Special Executive Masters Programme in Human Resource Management with the curriculum developed and would be delivered by University of Huddersfield U.K.

This Special Executive Masters Programme in Human Resource Management is an encapsulated Executive Programme for the High Performance Managers and Directors in the Human Resource sector who work in critical roles and need an intensive course to cover the key areas that drive innovation and success in Human Resource Management.

The Programme is designed as both a Refresher Course and a Crash Programme specifically for HR Managers and Practitioners, Administrators, Experienced Managers who are new to HR or pursuing a career change, Project Managers, Heads of Mission, Executive Directors of small and big NGOs and others who feel that they need it. It is a refresher course for those participants who have had their Masters a long time ago; and need a quick reminder and/or Professional/Academic updates; while it is a crash Programme for those very experienced professionals who can’t make time out for their Masters yet require the Academic and Practical relevance of a Masters experience. The S.E.M.P is more about the practical knowledge, academic relevance, Professional Network and confidence to be taken away from it than about the certificate alone, thus the advantage of the SEMP is really for those people in need of Career/Knowledge broadening Training.

In this case, University of Huddersfield prepared a condensed M.Sc in Human Resource Managment Outline to teach people; therefore the Special Executive Master's Program in Human Resource Managment is quite like the Mini MBA and other Executive Programs that is offered all over Europe and U. S. Their Lecturers are coming down to take this Course in Nigeria, from the 16th - 20th of April, 2012 at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Ikeja, Lagos and an SEMP HRM Certificate i.e. a Special Executive Master's Programme in Human Resource Management, from the University of Huddersfield would be issued after the Course has been taken.

As this Certificate is more or less a Certificate of Attendance there are options of upgrading to a full Masters Certificate if you want to. You should note though that with this S.E.M.P (Special Executive Masters Program) in Human Resource Management Certificate, you are more or less an Alumni of University of Huddersfield, U.K, with your name in their Records and the opportunity to ask for your Transcripts on this Course, should you need to tender this for Career or Educational purposes.

Furthermore it can be placed in your Resume as a Special Executive Masters Program in Human Resource Managment and even at the end of your name as S.E.M.P HRM. It should just be stated per time that it is not the full Masters program but the Executive kind.

The Total package thus includes the following:

* A Condensed Masters Programme in Human Resource Management Training by Lecturers from the University of Huddersfield, U.K which would be taken from the 16th - 20th of April, 2012 at the Sheraton Hotels and Towers, Ikeja, Lagos.

* Buffet Lunch and 2 Tea Breaks with snacks daily.

* Course Materials, Study Packs and Case Studies.

* An SEMP HRM Certificate, i.e. a Special Executive Masters Programme in Human Resource Management from the University of Huddersfield, U.K.

The Standard Fee for this Course is £2,400 (N600, 000) but Early Registration or Group Registration attracts a discount of £400 (N100, 000).

Check next week Tuesday Guardian for more details.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2012
In conducting interviews for various positions, one need to understand the job you are interviewing to enable you settle for the right candidates. Recently, I did more of recruitment in a recruitment firm I set up and I had to study more on candidates, otherwise you keep sending wrong candidates to clients and you won’t be paid. People, please share your experiences and how have you been coping with this. I honestly have done new things on this which we would all share together.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lollypop2(f): 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2012
Please can anyone give me an advice on what Human resource course or relevant trainning I can do to boast my self up as am currently looking for a job but want to keep myself busy. I already have an MBA in human resource,and am about to write my PE2 exam in august.your input would be appericiated.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2012
lolly pop: Please can anyone give me an advice on what Human resource course or relevant trainning I can do to boast my self up as am currently looking for a job but want to keep myself busy. I already have an MBA in human resource,and am about to write my PE2 exam in august.your input would be appericiated.

You can also do training on Balance Score Card and Quality Management System. Though expensive but as an HR person who's building a career, u cannot run from it too long.

2 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Liss: 10:03am On May 02, 2012
Can anyone who has been certified as a PHR, SPHR or GPHR (HRCI) assist on the possiblity of getting this exams done in Nigeria? I understand that the exams are done in prometric test centres but I have no idea where this centers are in Nigeria. Would appreciate any assistance.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:55pm On May 02, 2012
Liss: Can anyone who has been certified as a PHR, SPHR or GPHR (HRCI) assist on the possiblity of getting this exams done in Nigeria? I understand that the exams are done in prometric test centres but I have no idea where this centers are in Nigeria. Would appreciate any assistance.

Though not certified but i am trying to get in touch with a former colleague who is certified already but to no avail. However, i came across this http://www.prometric.com where all your questions as regards the enters could be answered. All the best.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Liss: 1:33pm On May 02, 2012
Yemmight,

Thanx a lot for your response. Please keep trying to get in touch with your former colleague. It will really be more beneficial for me as the prometric website did not provide links for Nigeria centres. Did your former colleague get certified here in Nigeria?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:40am On May 03, 2012
Ok, I will still try and get to him.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Liss: 12:55pm On May 03, 2012
Thanks a lot.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by omboye: 5:11pm On May 07, 2012
[b]MS Tutors is a Michael Stevens Consulting Company set up to cater for the learning needs of both professional and non professional candidates preparing for CIPM and other professional examinations. The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria is the sole regulatory body charged with activities relating to Human Resources practices in the country.

Over time we have realized that self learning can be a burden for an active professional but with the appropriate guidance and tutorship the learning experience can be made rewarding and refreshing with the help of a professional educational centre.

•We are poised to offer unique and essential training services to all students, both Corporate and Individual.
•At MST we would ensure that our lecturers teach both theoretical and practical aspects of the modules they are studying while also making the session interactive.
•Our focus is also to ensure that participants in our tutorials excel in their examinations and this can be achieved by practicing past questions and engaging in case study analysis with them.
•Candidates would also be taught to imbibe professional tenets in the course of their learning development with us.
•Provide employment and career development opportunities through links with our associates.

Registration for enrolment at our lecture centre located in Suru-lere, Lagos is currently ongoing for Human Resource professionals who are yet to be chartered and other individuals interested in starting a career in Human Resource leading to being certified members of the institute.

MS Tutorial Limited offers tutorial lectures in the following CIPM examination stages:

FOUNDATION 1
FOUNDATION 2
INTERMEDIATE 1
INTERMEDIATE 2
PROFESSIONAL 1
PROFESSIONAL 2

SCHEDULE:

SATURDAY 9AM-6PM
SUNDAY 1PM-5PM
SANITATION 11AM-6PM

LECTURES FOR AUGUST EXAMS STARTS IN MAY AND FEBRUARY EXAMS LECTURE STARTS IN OCTOBER.

We offer quality services:
 Highly experienced and competent lecturers
 Affordable fees and flexible payment terms
 Solve past examination questions
 Functional library with standard learning aids
 Neat and conducive study environment
 Employment opportunities possible through our network
 Consultation possible with top HR directors
 Adequate packing space with security
 Back up power supply

Please refer others who might be interested in this program while further enquires can be directed to us at:
MS Tutorial Limited
148/150, Bode Thomas Street,
Suru-lere, Lagos.
Tel: 234-1-774-2512; 791-0465
Mobile: 234-803-300-2142
234-802-311-6267

Email:mstutorialng@yahoo.com,mstutorialng@gmail.com, info@mstutorialng.com
www.mstutorialng.com
[/b]
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ladygogo: 10:23am On May 20, 2012
Hello All,
Please I need a study partner in egbeda, akowonjo, sasha dopemu area for the intermediate 11 stage of the CIPM in august as I want to avoid paying the 40k fee for this diet. Thanks. smiley
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Liss: 5:26pm On May 22, 2012
Yemmight,

Just wanted to confirm if you have gotten any news from your old colleague concerning getting certified as a PHR,SPHR or GPHR here in Nigeria.
Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:13pm On May 25, 2012
I have not honestly. I lost his contact and linking him through fb was also fruitless.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by afdman: 9:23am On Jun 01, 2012
Hi, good morning professionals. I have a question. Is it possible to hire a professional HR person to find me a job, specifically in the oil and gas industry?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
afdman: Hi, good morning professionals. I have a question. Is it possible to hire a professional HR person to find me a job, specifically in the oil and gas industry?

Do you really need it? Professional HR person may guarantee you an invitation for interview for a job but will never guarantee you'll secure that job. What you need to do is firstly look at your cv if attractive and if not get a professional to design a seductive cv you require. You can have a relationship with jobberman in addition to your responses to related vacancies and do establish lots of relationship with some decision makers in oil and gas if you must work there. Some of this blue chips don't put up an advert for vacancies.

All the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.