Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) (39975 Views)

Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants / 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada / Snakes Invade Flooded Homes Of Villagers In Bayelsa As Residents Lament. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by Blackman101: 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
what are they doing in that crazy country in the first place. the government has is hand full of boko and bandit wahala.

I think a policy need to be made to detail with this problem of people running to crazy country without proper documentation/ job opening and when there get molested they start calling on the government to do miracle to get them out of jail.

1 Like

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by King44(m): 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
aremuforlife:
illegal or not, I was once an illegal immigrant in Libya. Everyone has his/her story to tell. We'll have our beginning.
you are lucky, not everyone could be as lucky as you are...

Besides, hope you are not pimping and drug dealing cos I don't trust people who make use of that dangerous route

1 Like

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by NgwalandAbia(m): 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
Yeye people, they are mostly prostitutes and touts disgracing Nigeria in the name of making it to Europe by all means without genuine documents.

They should return back and join their parents in farming.

2 Likes

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by Taba21: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
kingthreat:

Nah, then it became war torn. Warlords ruling different regions. Three different governments, one recognized by UN, another by EU, another by Turkey. It is actually most manageable now. Hoping it gets better. War won't be funny if it gets to Nigeria.

I worked with Gaddafi clan, the azazziya in southern Tripoli throughout 2014 until musrata militiamen took over azazziya.

Now is more worse because during my time neither the militia groups or national Libya army have no time for foreigners and 100$ was 140 dinners
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by orikoku: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
I hope my guy foro is safe by his grace. Many are transit to Libya as we talk.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by seunny4lif(m): 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
aremuforlife:

That is their may target, girgarage has always been the center of illegality
Na there and Sharashara area grin
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by seunny4lif(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Taba21:

I worked with Gaddafi clan, the azazziya in southern Tripoli throughout 2014 until musrata militiamen took over azazziya.

Now is more worse because during my time neither the militia groups or national Libya army have no time for foreigners and 100$ was 140 dinners
I was in Libya in 2011-2012 then again in 2015
I really missed that country because money dey Libya but now they know the value of Gadaffi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by kingthreat(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
Taba21:

Interesting. Seems you have more first hand information than I.
What took you to Libya and why did you come back?
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by aremuforlife(m): 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
King44:
you are lucky, not everyone could be as lucky as you are...

Besides, hope you are not pimping and drug dealing cos I don't trust people who make use of that dangerous route
Do you mean everyone that pass through this route are pimpers and drugers?
Your assumption is wrong. There lots of people doing better legally here

1 Like

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by aremuforlife(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
NgwalandAbia:
Yeye people, they are mostly prostitutes and touts disgracing Nigeria in the name of making it to Europe by all means without genuine documents.

They should return back and join their parents in farming.

Stop it, don't just sit at the Comfort of your home and presume everyone in Libya are into drugs or prostitute

1 Like

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by NgwalandAbia(m): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
aremuforlife:

Stop it, don't just sit at the Comfort of your home and presume everyone in Libya are into drugs or prostitute

If you need help I will get you out through Nouakchott.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by aremuforlife(m): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
NgwalandAbia:

If you need help I will get you out through Nouakchott.
Help for what?
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by NgwalandAbia(m): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
aremuforlife:

Help for what?

Sorry thought you are blocked in Tripoli.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by bewla(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
dudusky007:
Nigerian government when never fit help rescue people here..ona never see anything
Even mama diaspora done fail sleep
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by aremuforlife(m): 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
NgwalandAbia:

Sorry thought you are blocked in Tripoli.
no, I left July 11 2017

1 Like

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by WoundedLamb: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
As bad as this is, we should try to report accurately. They also did this to other Africans and not just Nigerians. While this was mentioned en passant in the body of the text, it's as if the title was delibrately written to ignite some kind of emotions in the readers.

Meanwhile, what reason did the government give? Do the immigrants have all the required paperworks? I know xenophobia is a thing, but governments hardly get directly involved in it.

I hope these guys get the help they need. Things are hard enough already.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by Mccullum: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Shey dem get Libyan Pali or not?

If Una enter Libya illegally and living there illegally, there is little the FG can do on Una behalf.

You're very correct, such treatment can't be given to Nigerians with their valid travel documents, during Gadafi era in Libya. Other African nationals were protected irrespective of their immigration status, but now it's no more like that.

I pity them, but one must get what it takes before living your country to another country in order to avoid these type of treatments.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by JaceBlaze: 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
TMKsouth:

Also summon JovialJune who claims xenophobia is an exclusive SA sport, and her wannabe boyfriend Ikillbrokehoes tongue

They are going to act like they didn't see this thread.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by benuejosh: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Taba21:

What are you saying keep war apart Libya is better than many European countries in terms of economic and financial
hope you did not fight with punctuation marks while in school.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by TMKsouth: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
JaceBlaze:

They are going to act like they didn't see this thread.

Yeah, I see they're all remaining underground grin

1 Like

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by chaloskyx: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
hehe help of the Nigerian government ke government that is under attack left right and centre they are only concerned in 2023 elections and land for their terrorists o so they dont care if you die after all a government that did not care about end sars protesters who died in their country is it now those outside the shores of Nigeria it would care about
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by Taba21: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
benuejosh:
hope you did not fight with punctuation marks while in school.

You heard me clearly you can tell your president about that
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by Taba21: 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2021
kingthreat:

Interesting. Seems you have more first hand information than I.
What took you to Libya and why did you come back?

I'm not in Nigeria, doing what in Nigeria after all the experiences and intelligence

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by Taba21: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
seunny4lif:

I was in Libya in 2011-2012 then again in 2015
I really missed that country because money dey Libya but now they know the value of Gadaffi

Where did you stay in Libya and what was your occupation?

Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by juman(m): 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Why are they in libya?
War is going on in libya nah.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by seyz91(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
i wonder wetin sensible and reasonable Nigerian go dey live for libya of all country

mtchewww!

help kee you there
Kosiso12:
Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes of Nigerian Immigrants, Others, Dump Them in Prisons

By Wisdom Nwedene

Nigerians living in Libya have cried out for help following raid by the government to their various houses.

In a video sent to IGBERE TV, a Nigerian lady (name withheld) living in Libya accused the Libyan government of sending their security operatives to break into their houses, arresting many Nigerians and other Africans and dumping them in prison.

She pleaded with the Nigerian government to come to their rescue as they afraid they would die in Prisons.

She said : "We need the help of the Nigerian government. Look at what they doing to us. They will just break into your house, arrest you and dump you inside prison".

"They also arrested pregnant women and their children and dumped them inside prison. Nigerian government should come to our rescue please".

IGBERE TV recalls that in August, the Nigerian Mission in Tripoli evacuated over 100 Nigerians stranded in Libya.

Source: https://igberetvnews.com/1401921/libyan-govt-breaks-homes-nigerian-immigrants-others-dump-prisons/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CicYKLmB-1c
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by King44(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
aremuforlife:

Do you mean everyone that pass through this route are pimpers and drugers?
Your assumption is wrong. There lots of people doing better legally here
As far as I am concern a lager population are into mind-boggling things down to Europe.

Going the legal way should be the way and putting one's life and family life at huge risk.

It's crazy, the experience would never go away. Living in another man's country without papers or doing it legally has made that person a treat already and now engaging directly or indirectly in something illegal makes it worse.

It's good to be a palm tree in Nig than going to Europe through Libya illegally. I pilling up self-inflicted stories that touch.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by aremuforlife(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
King44:
As far as I am concern a lager population are into mind-boggling things down to Europe.

Going the legal way should be the way and putting one's life and family life at huge risk.

It's crazy, the experience would never go away. Living in another man's country without papers or doing it legally has made that person a treat already and now engaging directly or indirectly in something illegal makes it worse.

It's good to be a palm tree in Nig than going to Europe through Libya illegally. I pilling up self-inflicted stories that touch.
You are talking from your comfort zone and not from the zone of experience. Going legally has been made very difficult, even those that went legally later became illegal, because their limited visa will get expired.
Experience are meant to teach us, either negative or positive experience, we learn from it, my experience has made me strong. My family's are that we made the journey, no regret.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by muhamadnur: 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
embarassed Libya of all places even my people the indigenous TOUBOU tribe have been facing persecution just because their black since the time of Gaddafi uptil today. Nigerians and their ill manners who Dem bee
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by King44(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
aremuforlife:

You are talking from your comfort zone and not from the zone of experience. Going legally has been made very difficult, even those that went legally later became illegal, because their limited visa will get expired.
Experience are meant to teach us, either negative or positive experience, we learn from it, my experience has made me strong. My family's are that we made the journey, no regret.
it is not a must to go to Europe via Libya or staying in Libya, there are better countries and it's important to go legally. If they made going legally difficult that means they don't want you there simple.

Some countries genuinely need your skills or your contributions to their nation building.
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by aremuforlife(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
King44:
it is not a must to go to Europe via Libya or staying in Libya, there are better countries and it's important to go legally. If they made going legally difficult that means they don't want you there simple.

Some countries genuinely need your skills or your contributions to their nation building.

You don't determine how people migrate, people have been migrating legally and illegally since human existence
Re: Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) by King44(m): 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
aremuforlife:

You don't determine how people migrate, people have been migrating legally and illegally since human existence
and that is the problem illegal migration shouldn't be a yardstick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Else Can A Man Do To Please A Woman. (UK EXPERIENCE) / Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks / Policemen Push Vehicle That Broke Down On Lagos Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.