Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Cost Of IVF In Nigeria - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria (276883 Views)

Comparing the Cost Of IVF / Robert Edwards Creator Of IVF Dies At 87 / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
congrats to faith and every one who have their babies.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
@Wonderlen, its very rare to find a Pastor who doesn't associate delay in ttc to spiritual matter. From my personal experience and most ttc women I've met, most Pastors and deliverance Ministers don't bother with ur medical history as in if ur hsg and hormonal profile is good before concluding that one witch or the other is after u. Am not saying there are no genuine spiritual cases that don't need medical intervention. There are! My advice is do ur deliverance and prayers but also go to a hospital to check that all is well with u and DH. If ur tubes are not too good and DH semen is also on the low side and u can afford ivf, my Sister try conduct ur deliverance and also seek medical intervention.
During the course of my ttc, I heard all sorts from different pastors I went to see for deliverance. From Lag to PH, to Warri, I saw different pastors. Some said my mum, others said my MIL while others said my hubby ex were after me. A friend of mine who said she met her pastor on my behalf also said her pastor told her I've been turned into a man so can never ever conceive except I travel down to abj to see him. I think it was at that point I stopped patronizing deliverance ministers cos most of the thgs they told me then were very easy to believe due to the several failed ivf. My friend kept pressurizing me to com see her pastor until I got really angry one day and screammed on the fon that she should tell her pastor to return me into a woman without seeing me if he was that powerful because I won't travel to abj to see him. I think I was already fustrated at that time cos I had heard all sorts and it was after then I stopped and kept praying and doing my medical research on what to do nex. If ur pastor told u ur case is spiritual, no stress, conduct ur deliverance while ensuring that medically there is nothing wrong with u and hubby.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by abibyy(f): 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
@faith congrats dear on ur bundle of joy,may she be a source of joy to u always.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Faith2012: 4:15am On Aug 15, 2013
@ wonderen just as Blendy said,spiritually something will always be said about personal challenges in life,but it depends on your level of understanding who God is and much of His Word in you.when you have a perfect relationship with God, no spiritual power can stop you from receiving what is due you it may only take time but with faith and patience you will get it. My dear I advise you to seek God's face,create a relationship with Him with full surrender to His Lordship,then seek medical advice to be sure nothing is wrong medically,if there is any anomaly let it be treated. IVF works if you can financially handle it with faith and patience in God,many of us are testimony to this. Dear I wish you success as you trust God for your miracle you will surely laugh
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 15, 2013
Congratulations to you, Faith !!!!!! Thank you for sharing the good news.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 11:52am On Aug 15, 2013
I get all of u.can I not be delivered by pleading the blood of Jesus on myself and building a relationship with God as faith stated.I did ist cycle with bridge that failed and one fet and I had two blast with them.I felt so bad but got over it and continued to pray and do all the necessary but after reading blendy's story am encouraged to go try again.just need to know which clinic to use now.am thinking of regensis cos I saw that some people had their success story there so I don't know. And again I don't know if I should give iui a shot before ivf as my tubes r ok and DH too is fine and have anyone heard about retroverted uterus. Too many questions. Pls bear with me
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
So sorry about the failed ivf. Its one of those things we have to put up with in the waiting room. I don't think ur having a retroverted uterus is responsible for ur embies not implanting. I was also told I had it initially via scan and but subsequent scans showed anteverted but that is not an issue as different people have diff womb positions. Since ur tubes are good, u cod try iui in regenesis as the guy's success rate is good. Just don't let him talk u into using donor sperm. All the best, we will put u in our prayers.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Thank you so much blendy.God bless you and your home.why would the guy want to suggest a donor sperm if DH's counts r fine and is the success rate of ivf in regenesis good? I spoke with a doctor there sha and the guy sounds too serious for my liking.I really don't want to walk with a doctor that feels or act like he is the distributer of children simply becos you are going to him for consultation.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Maybe donor gives him more bfps, don't really kno for the guy jor. Still see him in person if u intend using him cos of the cost. Its possible he wasn't the one who answered the fon cos i heard he's nice and learned.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Faith2012: 8:45am On Aug 17, 2013
@ wonderlen just as I said God is the giver of all things once you keep relationship with Him, He is faithful,pls don't see this challenge as if God is not interested in your case,He is much indeed,it's just a matter of time,pls don't just look for doctors seek the one that see God as his partner and helper,I mean a child of God with team that fear God. IVF may not work the 1st,2nd even 3rd time but it will surely work with patience and faith in Him who is able to do much than you can think of. I don't know where you based but DIFF Abuja is good with very high success rate, they do in batches every 3months each batch not less than 100 women success rate with each batch is not less than 60% for real,I succeeded at the 3rd consecutive attempt. Dr Idahosa is full of optimism that mission must be accomplished as long as the bible says there shall be no barrenness. though DIFf is expensive but you will surely have value for the money spent. My dear just trust God it is possible,even the money needed He is able to provide,to everyone pls don't give up

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Angel2013(f): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2013
Hi,, I am Evan undergone the fertility treatment in Chennai, In India. I found this thread would be useful to me. I travelled all the way to India from us since the treatment was good and cost is also very minimal compared to here. Now i want to suggest to one of my relative, who is in Uganda reg the treatment in Nigeria. But i suggest her to take the treatment under Samundi mam where i took in Chennai. She cannot travel to India. Can u pls suggest the good doctor in Nigeria and the cost also.
Hope i found this thread in right time.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by cuppycake222: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2013
@ Everyone.I just stumbled upon dis page. I'm happy to see this kind of forum in nigeria. I'm ttc for 2years. I've been looking up to God and I know he is able. I hope to share my own good news on this forum soonest.

But why is IVF so expensive? What happens to a regular woman/man out there who can't afford it?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
@cuppycake.you will share your testimony soon by Gods Grace.we will all share it.
That's how ivf is expensive. If your tubes r good. U can try iui which is cheaper and just remain steadfast in prayers trusting baba God and he will surly answer.that's what am doing now o.still gathering the courage for any fertility treatment.praying to Get it.I really don't like pains.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Winnersh: 7:16am On Aug 21, 2013
Hello every one good to locate this amazing site I too have being ttc for 5 yrs but no result. I want you pple to pls help me with this question , is it a sin to seek medical help becos wen I do I feel guilty dat helping God and becos of dat I dnt usually complete it I will draw bk again. Also with traditional med I truly need this child.so pls I need reply God bless u all
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by aringold(f): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hello pple, very intresting thread here. Please I need to know when to start considering IVF. How long does one have to wait before thinking of giving IVF a try.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by safe06: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
@cuppycake,don't worry ,as long as God almighty Ȋ̝̊̅§ still up there,u will have Ʊя̩̥̊ babies,just b patient nd keep calling unto him,do the neccessary medical tests,eat well,exercise well,and even if u still decide to do ivf,God will provide the means. Be strong babes.
@winnersh,eventhough I dnt realy understand ur post,seeking medical help Ȋ̝̊̅§ NO SIN. God blessed d doctors with the knowledge to treat pple,so just do ur part by visiting the doc who would suggest d tests u should carry out to know what's realy the problem. As per trads,I'm sure u mean d agbo sellers Not d babalawos abi?some of them are good,not all.
@aringold,u can start when u have done all neccessary tests,and have been adviced by d doctor as an option(IVF),u must be financially ,emotionally,spiritually ready too. U realy don't have to wait long if u know what d problem Ȋ̝̊̅§. Goodluck.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
@winnersh, I also felt that way at one stage in my life . The guilty feeling of going to a doctor while holding on to your faith that it will be this month or the next. But I got to realise that, its God that have blessed us with such opportunity becos he knows that some of us might need the guides from dictors to help us carry our babies. So its a blessing from God. It does not mean u are not in faith. For every procedure, u need God and prayers. Dont get discourage. Am so encourages by blenddys testimony. That's one thing motivating me not to give up untill I get my babies and I know God will answer me and everyone trusting God this year.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
I almost didn't want to write anythg again when I read Safe's post earlier on. This is because she has said all that needs to be said concerning all ur questions but then, I decide to write a very popular pastor's testimony so you will know that even our pastors who preach faith 24/7 also help themselves with modern technology when the need arise. The pastor heads one of the biggest church in warri around ajamogha road. His first wife didn't have a child for him for several years that they were married. Eventually the wife died and the pastor remarried one very beautiful, God-fearing and bubbling Lagosian. His new wife obviously knew the long delay Bishop had with his first wife and didn't waste time in urging him to embrace modern technology. When church members were told Bishop and Mama were blessed with a set of tripplets, those that want to murmur, murmured that Mama was not seen with pregnancy but the babies look exactly like her so what happened? A lot of the learned ones needed nobody to tell them that Mama and Papa used surrogates abroad to carry their babies and they were blessed with triplets. If u see those kids today, after 7yrs, my sisters, u too will join them in thanking God for putting that kind of idea in Mama's head cos they are just too cute and adorable and every inch like Mama. They were even used for church calender the year they were born. Shey this couple now lack faith or will u say they have committed sin after discovering their challenge and were able to use modern technology to help themselves? Of course NOT! It was God who gave mankind this knowledge to help His people who will need extra help to procreate and replenish the earth because His word has said 'NONE SHA BE BARREN IN THE LAND'. Am sure you wont expect this Pastor to preach surrogacy and ivf in church. Its faith all the way! Send me an email if u want to kno the name of this bishop, ruonar2000@yahoo.com

Winnersh and others who feel modern tech is a sin, I hope I have partly answered ur question?

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Winnersh: 8:10am On Aug 22, 2013
Whoa!!!!! U guys are lovely am truely encourage and am ready to go all the way with my doctor. Thanks and God bless. May the lord grant all our heart desire this year in jesus name.luv u all
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 8:19am On Aug 22, 2013
Blendy, why would u say u did not want to write anything. See this awesome testimony you just shared. As for me, it wasn't as if I felt modern technology was a sin. Its just this feeling u get that seems like u r assitiang God and it just makes u feel guilty and abandonment. Its just lack of understanding that brings about this feeling but Over time, you get to understand the blessings God have provided for us through the use of iui and ivf. My issue was just the fear of doing it over again. But thank God am almost over that fear now. Am getting there.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 8:24am On Aug 22, 2013
Please I have a question. Will it be a bad thing to do ivf and use a surrogate along side? JUST TO INCREASE CHANCES .it just feels like one does not have faith for even thinking it. Please whats your take or encouragement on this issues.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2013
My sister nothing do you if you decide to use a surrogate alongside yourself. I have seen a situation in my hospital where a lady used her Togolese Nanny who was a widow after trying ivf herself several times with no success. The year she decided to use a surrogate alongside herself, both she and the surrogates got BFP. I was at the hospital the day they did the PT test, Omo come see jubilation! The lady did not hide it from us sitting at the reception as she kept hugging her nanny and telling her God bless you for bringing goodluck to her. I had to do small aproko by asking around what the jubilation was all about. That was the day I also started nursing the idea of using a surrogate but then, I couldnt find someone or didnt know how to go about getting someone cos if the hospital were to arrange a surrogate for u, its usually very expensive. And I also didnt feel cool with using relatives as I had a lot of them who would have helped out either cos of the money involved or just goodwill. One of my Sister's huband even encouraged her to do it for me cos they already had 4kids and always feel guilty whenever they see me playing and rolling on the floor with their kids.
My take on this issue is that:
Dont use someone that has never given birth before because whoever you're using has to know what pregnancy and delivery is all about.
Use a widow or divorcee or a single mother.
Never use an under-aged person as well. Let whoever you're using know what they are going into. No Dr in Nigeria that wants to keep his lincense will use an underage age cos with pregnancy anything can happen.
Never use ur surrogate's eggs even if your procedure requires donor eggs. Get a donor from elsewhere so your surrogate is not related to your baby in anyway.
Get a valid agreement signed by a lawyer.
Agree on a price before you start and never pay more than 30% of that money before the delivery of the baby cos I heard they tend to increase the price as the pregnancy progresses since they know you dont have a choice at that point. so its always better to let them have something big to look forward to as they are offloading the cargo.
The truth is so many people use surrogates but dont say cos of the kind of society we live in. All the best.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Inspired4life: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2013
Blendy77: I almost didn't want to write anythg again when I read Safe's post earlier on. This is because she has said all that needs to be said concerning all ur questions but then, I decide to write a very popular pastor's testimony so you will know that even our pastors who preach faith 24/7 also help themselves with modern technology when the need arise. The pastor heads one of the biggest church in warri around ajamogha road. His first wife didn't have a child for him for several years that they were married. Eventually the wife died and the pastor remarried one very beautiful, God-fearing and bubbling Lagosian. His new wife obviously knew the long delay Bishop had with his first wife and didn't waste time in urging him to embrace modern technology. When church members were told Bishop and Mama were blessed with a set of tripplets, those that want to murmur, murmured that Mama was not seen with pregnancy but the babies look exactly like her so what happened? A lot of the learned ones needed nobody to tell them that Mama and Papa used surrogates abroad to carry their babies and they were blessed with triplets. If u see those kids today, after 7yrs, my sisters, u too will join them in thanking God for putting that kind of idea in Mama's head cos they are just too cute and adorable and every inch like Mama. They were even used for church calender the year they were born. Shey this couple now lack faith or will u say they have committed sin after discovering their challenge and were able to use modern technology to help themselves? Of course NOT! It was God who gave mankind this knowledge to help His people who will need extra help to procreate and replenish the earth because His word has said 'NONE SHA BE BARREN IN THE LAND'. Am sure you wont expect this Pastor to preach surrogacy and ivf in church. Its faith all the way!

Winnersh and others who feel modern tech is a sin, I hope I have partly answered ur question?

God bless you for this. Always very practical. I was also attending the church before moving to Lagos so I know the story very well.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by smiler(f): 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Angel2013: Hi,, I am Evan undergone the fertility treatment in Chennai, In India. I found this thread would be useful to me. I travelled all the way to India from us since the treatment was good and cost is also very minimal compared to here. Now i want to suggest to one of my relative, who is in Uganda reg the treatment in Nigeria. But i suggest her to take the treatment under Samundi mam where i took in Chennai. She cannot travel to India. Can u pls suggest the good doctor in Nigeria and the cost also.
Hope i found this thread in right time.

There are lots of fertilty clinic here in Nigeria. But since she is in Ugadan I believe it would be better for her to go to South Africa. She can google fertility clinics in SA.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by cuppycake222: 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Blendy, wonderen, Safe, Faith....and everyone, thanks for being so real here. I have now understood this Christianity vs medicine thingy. (Seeking medical assistance ''used to'' make me feel like I lack faith or that I'm cheating on God). It is so clear now.

This forum is a courage booster for me. When I gisted DH about this forum, he was worried that it might only just increase agitation and anxiety for me, towards the matter. However my hope and faith have grown in coming here.

As per that pastor and his triplets.....wow. And no be lie, I suppose that pastor will not preach ivf on his pulpit. Well, right now, I am TOO SURE that I will have my lovely children.

As someone mentioned earlier, for all of us who are still expectant, I pray and declare that we will receive our miracles before the end of this year. We will celebrate BFPs; Weda through native, normal baby dancing, iui, ivf or even surrogate. And God will lead us to the right places and give us the required finances where needed.

NONE SHALL BE BARREN!!!.

Goodnight my people
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 1:33am On Aug 23, 2013
Deleted

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 1:56am On Aug 23, 2013
Most ivf hospitals here in naija are discreet about their patient's identity and medical history so people don't get to know what u did except u and ur friends and relatives meet urselves there at the hospital's reception. You could actually do it in europe, india or south africa if u really want privacy cos of his identity. Google is the best tool for scanning thru fertility centers where u're based. However, if decide to return to naija for the procedure, pls go through the thread and the other ivf thread and u will see all the good clinics that have been mentioned like Georges, Bridge, Nisa premier in abj, fertilaid in abj and also Diff in abj. I have no doubt that u'll conceive at first attempt since u've recently carried a pregnancy to term. All the best.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Bollyde: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2013
I stumbled into this forum last year and I have been following since then. I have just been diagonised that I have low level of amh meaning poor ovarian reserved. I have done 3 ivf in uk but all failed. I got to know about Dr Emeka in the course of my reading the story in this forum which made me to call him and book appointment with him. The outcome of the result of the test was low amh. Can anybody have the idea of this and how to improve on it
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by safe06: 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
@bollyde,diminshed ovarian reserve means there's no egg in d womans ovary,I.e,she's not ovulating. Its common with ladies with endometriosis.if u have low amh,dat means u have very high fsh. U could google it to learn more. God help us. Amin.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Bollyde: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thank you safe06, I google and I found these alternative options I can try to improve on it. 1 Yoga 2 Acupuncture 3 Dhea, 25mg thrice a day 4 Wheat germ daily 5 CoQ10, 100mg daily 6 vit D3, 60000 IU, once a wk. Where do I get 3, 4 and 5. Can someone please help me
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thank you, I have told my hubby to check out Georges Memorial before I come over to join him..at least he can carry out all the tests required.

Blendy77: Most ivf hospitals here in naija are discreet about their patient's identity and medical history so people don't get to know what u did except u and ur friends and relatives meet urselves there at the hospital's reception. You could actually do it in europe, india or south africa if u really want privacy cos of his identity. Google is the best tool for scanning thru fertility centers where u're based. However, if decide to return to naija for the procedure, pls go through the thread and the other ivf thread and u will see all the good clinics that have been mentioned like Georges, Bridge, Nisa premier in abj, fertilaid in abj and also Diff in abj. I have no doubt that u'll conceive at first attempt since u've recently carried a pregnancy to term. All the best.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by nurika: 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
@faith Congratulation dear, ur faith has certainly set u free n am so happy 4u. I wish God will giv me ma own baby. 'Gods time is d best' so they say, bt am still wonderin if its d best givin me husband @ menopus thereby strugglin 2hv a child 4ma husband, hmmmmmmm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy / Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.