Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Cost Of IVF In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria (277200 Views)

Comparing the Cost Of IVF / Robert Edwards Creator Of IVF Dies At 87 / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by agiboma(f): 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
If he is HIV positive he needs to let his partner know, its unfair to keep such information from the partner. Honestly is the only way to go in this situation, thier is no cure for HIV and he should not gamble with the partners life.
You may want repost this question in the health section and not under this IVF thread as this is an HIV issue and not an IVF issue
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by sofadj(m): 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2011
any center that promises anything above 45% success rate is lying!!! beware

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by agiboma(f): 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
@sofa-dj
it is very sad when centers post these high success rates to lure people into their center, its really unfair and their should be regulations inplaced so people dont get fooled. But another thing to consider is that a center can legitametly have a 45% success rate of "implantation" but the rate of a successful pregnancy and live birth can be significantly lower.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Toronto123: 11:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
OMG reading this makes me so SAD. how can people be looked down upon for choosing IVF. Me i have told my hubby if we try 3 more months nothing, straight to medication and IVF not time wasting. Na God give the doctors the brain to help people like us.

I wonder what there will say about my friends going to sperm bank as Mr. Right has not been found
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Turlar: 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2011
@halfcurrent, please i would like to have the contact of the herbal Dr. (Iya alagbo). How do i get in touch with you so i can have the contact. Thank you
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Turlar: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
oh. i got the pnone number of the iya alagbo from the past post. Thank you, i will definitely consult her
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
All those who consulted Iya Alagbo, please we need your feed back o! Spread the good news if any and your experience as well.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by krommy: 2:11am On Dec 31, 2011
This is specifically for AKIIKA. Could you please PM for a better discussion regarding the Fertility stuff? I live in the United States as well, Georgia precisely. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by vyard: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
Pls someone should kindly tell me how much Georges charge for their IVF as well as IUI PROCEDURE
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
IVF is between 900k and 950k including the drugs. It actually depends on your negotiating skills sha and your age. Don't know what they charge for IUI, you can walk in there just and ask or call Dr Emeka 08032011536. They are very good.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by hoti: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2012
.. wink
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by alexuamai: 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
The cost of ivf in Nigeria can be reduced considerably in Nigeria if only practitioners discuss natural cycle ivf as well as minimal stimulation ivf with patients--remember to always ask your ivf physician for these options
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by agiboma(f): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
That is a great suggestion but what do you mean by natural cycle IVF, are you referring to the eggs (follicules) a woman produces monthly without the aid of fertility or ovulation drugs?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by pslm23(f): 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2012
agiboma:

That is a great suggestion but what do you mean by natural cycle IVF, are you referring to the eggs (follicules) a woman produces monthly without the aid of fertility or ovulation drugs?

A natural IVF cycle is way more cheaper than the regular IVF. A woman who has absolutely no problem ovulating or creating mature follicles but still has difficulty conceiving should consider a natural IVF cycle where no medication is given or used to induce follicle growth or ovulation.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by agiboma(f): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2012
Thanks psalms, In actuality the cost of a month IVF drugs is about 600 USd per cycle but in this Nigeria they really hack up the price.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2012
the cost of ivf is between 650,000 to 700,000 naira. call 08089195036, 08038183212 to enjoy free consultation. the success rate is high.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by halfcurrent(m): 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2012
Nice thread and thanks to all for your useful suggestions and contributions to my question.
Does anyone know of any nice, discrete and moderate hotel or guest house In Lagos where one could stay for about 2 - 3KS to carry out the IV procedure; my friend and the wife are not leaving in Lagos. preferred location will be VI or Ikeja GRA.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
i
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by champs: 12:16am On Jan 27, 2012
The cost of IUI is #50,000 Naira and IVF #250,000 Naira @ University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH),Benin city incase you choose to go that route.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Omofranca(f): 10:54am On Jan 27, 2012
Champs, the cost u quoted for UBTH ivf sounds very reasonable but how is their success rate and is there a long waiting list?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by champs: 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Omofranca, The success rate is on the same level with Omni's,Georges and Bridges of this world. Success depends on your fertility issues, I don't really knw about the waiting list. The price is reasonable compare to 800-1million naira quoted by those private clinics in Lagos. I am preparing for my 1st IUI hopefully next week. BTW, I am under the unexplained fertility group. Lots of Baby dust.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
Champs my sister thanks for this information. Please keep us posted oo. Good luck with it from next week.

My relation who needs help with pregnancy.

I just checked the webpage of IVF and Assisted Reproduction at UBTH.

Please while you are there, help find out if they also offer sperm donor service.

As for IUI, do they do washing/concentration of sperm as part of IUI?

Thanks and good luck.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by champs: 11:34pm On Jan 27, 2012
Area-Fada:

Champs my sister thanks for this information. Please keep us posted oo. Good luck with it from next week.

My relation who needs help with pregnancy.

I just checked the webpage of IVF and Assisted Reproduction at UBTH.

Please while you are there, help find out if they also offer Fluid donor service.

As for IUI, do they do washing/concentration of Fluid as part of IUI?

Thanks and good luck.
I will help you inquire about the donor fluid when i go for my first follicular scan next week. As per the IUI procedure,I will be able to update you next week once mine is done. You will pay for the medication separately e.g Clomid, HCG trigger injection etc. Hope everything goes well for me.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 1:57am On Jan 28, 2012
champs:

I will help you inquire about the donor fluid when i go for my first follicular scan next week. As per the IUI procedure,I will be able to update you next week once mine is done. You will pay for the medication separately e.g Clomid, HCG trigger injection etc. Hope everything goes well for me.

Thank Champs,
It would be nice if you could find those things out and the ones I am writing below.
Well her main signs (visible on her) is that she's overweight, has some fibroids and has some virilisation (some hair growth/beard on her jaw).

From my observation: everything points to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). I don't think she has been diagnosed with that yet.
She only told me doctors said she had some blockage in her ovarian tube. I Am trying to help but she's not very open about things (you know how sensitive people can be about fertility problems). As a man, I find a bit difficult asking about her periods etc (as PCOS can prevent ovulation or make it irregular).
So if she's not ovulating or if she does but cannot get egg through ovarian/fallopian tube to the womb, then IUI alone may not do it, so that IVF + ET  may be needed. 
Please help me get as much information  as you can get. I will start quizzing her more now too.

Email: pithasmen@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2012
Your explanation is textbook stuff. If you're not a medical person, then have certainly done a good research!

I live away from Naija and it is exactly how it's done here, just like you explained but I don't know how it is at home, since only a few years back UBTH didn't have Assisted Reproduction unit.

As for donor fluid, she doesn't need it (her man has fathered a child recently). But a friend in Lagos might do. But he's so deeply pentecostal that broaching such an idea to him might seem like lack of faith. lol. His former wife left after 6 yrs or so of marriage. I learnt she now has a baby.
He has remarried since a few years now, still no baby.

Thanks very much for the price breakdown. She (relation) did all the scans years back (but new ones will be needed of course) but never followed up the medical aspect fully. It's always go to this pastor or another. Faith without work is nothing. I tire my sister. But I cannot be tired. I even discussed surrogacy (out my own despiration to help before too late) with her but also not fully co-operative.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by kemam(f): 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hello @ poster,I Live in port harcourt my neigbour delivered last year nov tru IVF she Paid 1.6m.its really risky she was looking like a ghoast after d operation.
Baby boy did nt survive.bt thank God for d girls r rilly doing fine.They were so small i was rilly scared when i first saw dem.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by champs: 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
Area-Fada:

Your explanation is textbook stuff. If you're not a medical person, then have certainly done a good research!

I live away from Naija and it is exactly how it's done here, just like you explained but I don't know how it is at home, since only a few years back UBTH didn't have Assisted Reproduction unit.

As for donor fluid, she doesn't need it (her man has fathered a child recently). But a friend in Lagos might do. But he's so deeply pentecostal that broaching such an idea to him might seem like lack of faith. lol. His former wife left after 6 yrs or so of marriage. I learnt she now has a baby.
He has remarried since a few years now, still no baby.

Thanks very much for the price breakdown. She (relation) did all the scans years back (but new ones will be needed of course) but never followed up the medical aspect fully. It's always go to this pastor or another. Faith without work is nothing. I tire my sister. But I cannot be tired. I even discussed surrogacy (out my own despiration to help before too late) with her but also not fully co-operative.

Thanks for your help.
You are welcome. I am TTC myself that is how i got to know all this things. I don't know why the spambot didn't publish my response,others could learn from it.I am hoping for a Valentine's BFP smiley
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by toyeentee: 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2012
@Akiika,
Pls I'm also VERY interested in Iya Alagbo's contact urgently.
Thank you
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Bucacious: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
I equally want to try d ivf thing but I really nid someone dat can be truthful abt the whole thing.av been married for abt 4yrs.pls,I knw wat I. Went thru to get dis money coz the amount is quite huge for hubby and I.blendy,can I tok to u pls?my email add is earlp466@gmail.com.I actually want to tok 2 u cos of ur experience
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Bucacious: 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2012
Concerning d iya alagbo sstuff,pls look before u leap!datz my candid advise for u.I believe so much dat agbo woks but I went to see one of d so called agbo seller and d experience was horible! Am a xtian and can not compomise wit fetish things. Agbo is not bad but if it is abgo let it be strictly treatment wit herbs not sacrifice to some gods!lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy / Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.