Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

FOI Law: CPC Lauds President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FOI Law: CPC Lauds President (3170 Views)

Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur Lauds President Buhari’s Leadership Style / Even Apc Lauds President Goodluck Jonathan / Re: Foi Law: Cpc Lauds President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by KnowAll(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2011
KnowAll, Bakare on his own cannot even stand against Chris Okotie. The 10 million votes had absolutely nothing to do with Bakare. I can say Bakare was even a minus to Buhari considering the fact that he could have gone for someone like Okonjo Iweala.

That is because he was a VP, as the main Presidential Candidate it would be a diffrent kettle of fish, I can assure you.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by efisher(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2011
Hahahahahaha, you made me laugh so hard that I almost lost my breath. If a standalone Bakare gets more than one vote in any election he should be happy.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by KnowAll(m): 11:42am On Jun 03, 2011
Hahahahahaha, you made me laugh so hard that I almost lost my breath. If a standalone Bakare gets more than one vote in any election he should be happy.

Look it is still early days, 2 years into GEJ regime the country would have known where they are going and who ever inherets Buhari's political asset and can draw new votes especially in the SW would win the next election, I can gurantee you that.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by kasiem(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2011
This law will help in producing vital infos that'll help in exposing buhari's involvement in the post-election massacre. I'm ready with my infos.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by mystikal(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2011
How long does an authority have to respond to an information request? In short where can I readily find FAQs about this new Act?
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by Eziachi: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2011
muami:

Obviously you did'nt read or hear any news which shows that among the 10 million are underaged voters and corpers forceful multiple thump printing.

I guess you did not also realised that 10 million votes for Buhari did not translate to 10 million votes for CPC. For a classic example, pls see the presidential, NASS and gubernatorial elections in Kano State. In order words, the fact that people voted for Buhari does not mean that they love CPC or would vote CPC in every elections just as the fact that people voted GEJ did not mean that they love PDP or would vote PDP in every elections.

Just because CPC also got away with underaged voting, intimidation and rigging in the NW and NE does mean they would also get away with iin 2015!
I personally don't understand this politics of CPC and underaged voting. Voters registeration was done a year ahead to the formation of CPC, unless they are God who knows the future if not, this reasoning is very warped and mindless.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by Eziachi: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2011
muami:

FOI was intended to, and would benefit NIGERIANS more as it would provide NIGERIANS access to hitherto secretly held government information which ultimately would make the government to sit up! It was for this singular reason that GEJ signed the FOI and definitely NOT to give opposition tools to do thier job. And in case you have not realised, such laws are mostly used by the MEDIA and NOT opposition for the PUBLIC INTEREST.
FOI benefits everyone outside the circle of govt, hence the mention or specification of opposition is based on the issue of this thread.
Oppositions are to be glad because it helps them tackle govt policies based on facts and can benefit the media, the judiciary, me, you. So its a tool for everyone interested in what those in govt and public establishments are doing.
So what is basis of your arguement? Some of you just argue for the sake of it.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by Eziachi: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
kasiem:

This law will help in producing vital infos that'll help in exposing buhari's involvement in the post-election massacre. I'm ready with my infos.
Yes, it will help to expose why the commander-in-chief failed to command for 6 good days.
Why the chief security officers (governor) in those state refused to officiate for 6 good days.
How the minority (Buhari supporters) managed to overwelmed the majority (GEJ supporters) in places like Kaduna?
Who really signed the 2010 Budget. Yar Adua or somebody else?
True of false: Did GEJ ever spoke to Yar Adua while in Saudi Arabia as he told Nigeria and the world?
Who was behind the bombings in Abuja: IBB, MEND or Dokpesi?
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by youngies(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2011
KnowAll:

That is because he was a VP, as the main Presidential Candidate it would be a diffrent kettle of fish, I can assure you.

Knowall,

I am afraid you are given Bakare more credit than he deserves.

Tunde Bakare politically speaking is an excess luggage both in the north and in the south

The 10 million votes head-start in the NW and NE is just because of Buhari. No other person in the north can attract such.
Someone earlier said that the foundation of CPC is faulty, the party is centered around one cult personality - Buhari. Remove the man and there is no party.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by Bensonite: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
Eziachi:

I personally don't understand this politics of CPC and underaged voting. Voters registeration was done a year ahead to the formation of CPC, unless they are God who knows the future if not, this reasoning is very warped and mindless.
Eziachi, please quickly update yourself the new voters registration was done in January, 2011 not a year ago. In the north supporters of CPC forced underage registration in their locality on the corpers threatening lyching if they fail to register them.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by muami(m): 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2011
Eziachi:

Which voters registration was done a year to the formation of CPC?
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by muami(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2011
Eziachi:

So what is basis of your arguement? Some of you just argue for the sake of it.

Eziachi:

Imagine someone who just argued that voters registration was done a year to the formation of CPC accusing another for arguing for the fun of it. Obviously, it is only you that has not realised that it is your arguments that are mindless and warped!
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by GP15: 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
Is CPC a party? I thought it is supposed to mean
C - Consumer
P - Protection
C - Council
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by jensinmi(m): 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ Knowall.

I gbadun your theories and postulations my guy. We should talk.

What do you think are the chances of an El Rufai/ Bakare ticket clinching the presidency from GEJ as compared to a Fashola/ El-Rufai or ticket under CPC.

Can the NE and NW be placated with a muslim/muslim ticket even though the front runner will be Yoruba?? It worked for Abiola though, but that was a different time.

Also, how can one account for spoilers from the north?? People like Shekarau who will run just to split northern votes and for no other reason.

El-Rufai/Fashola presidency would have solved the issue of the NE and NW. Problem is most people don't see El-Rufai as having achieved enough for Fashola to play second fiddle to him. This combo would surely secure NE, NW, and SW as long as no spoilers like Shekarau arise to split the votes.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by KnowAll(m): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2011
[b]I doubt wether Fashola would want to join  CPC because of the Youth Corper 'wahala' even though there is no proof linking CPC  directly with d violence d general believe and perception is they inspired their supporters by their rethorics. For these reasons Fashola would never be caught in that camp. But then never say never. 

After Buhari, d CPC might be d last bastion of men of integrity who love Nigeria dearly and want to serve deligently without enriching themselves. Is Fashola of that mould, I don't really think so. (fashola is a capitalist to d core who would make a quick buck out of a good project)the only other radical that would possible close ranks and join CPC might be Pat Utomi. This might be d closest d Igbo's might get nearer to d Presidency.

El-Rufai/ Pat Utomi, Bakare would not want to play d second fiddle for  d second time when  he knows he should be d natural sucessor to Buhari but if the CPC are going to go 'North' then  the likelyhood of Pat Utomi running with El-Rufai might be feasible.[/b]
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by bamosagie(m): 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2011
@knowall, pat utomi is not an ibo guy, he is from delta state as in south - south, your theories are best kept in your diary.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by bestman09(m): 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
Wonderful news!!!!!!!!! What happened to decree 4 of 1984?
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by kasiem(m): 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
bamosagie:

@knowall, pat utomi is not an ibo guy, he is from delta state as in south - south, your theories are best kept in your diary.

if u say that patrick okedinachi utomi is not an igbo man, then u can equally say that uwechue(ohanaeze president) and nzeogwu are not igbos cos they're deltans.
Eziachi:

Yes, it will help to expose why the commander-in-chief failed to command for 6 good days.
Why the chief security officers (governor) in those state refused to officiate for 6 good days.
How the minority (Buhari supporters) managed to overwelmed the majority (GEJ supporters) in places like Kaduna?
Who really signed the 2010 Budget. Yar Adua or somebody else?
True of false: Did GEJ ever spoke to Yar Adua while in Saudi Arabia as he told Nigeria and the world?
Who was behind the bombings in Abuja: IBB, MEND or Dokpesi?
it'll also help in extracting the info about wild wild north and lynch them. Also remember that buhari is not free from the execution of ogoni sons
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by jensinmi(m): 12:37am On Jun 04, 2011
@ Knowall: I see what you are saying.

I'm not completely sure about El-Rufai though.

@ Kasiem

Buhari not free from execution of Ogoni sons?? Why not follow this link and read the thread about How Goodluck Jonathan nominated Ken Saro-wiwa's Tribunal Judge As Chief Judge of The Federal High Court.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=671425.msg8356360#msg8356360
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by KnowAll(m): 3:42am On Jun 04, 2011
@ jesinmi

El-Rufai is d highest profiled Hausa / Fulani in CPC
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by jensinmi(m): 5:05am On Jun 04, 2011
@ Knowall:

I know that. I'm just not sure he is a worthy successor to Buhari's Anti-corruption legacy. There are a lot of mixed feelings about his achievements as FCT Minister. I'm not sure what his stance and antecedents on corruption are.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2011
cool
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by luluosas(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2011
This is the beginning of REAL opposition parties in Nigeria. Even those that adopted Jonathan as their Presidential Candidate has since gone underground. Kudos CPC.
Re: FOI Law: CPC Lauds President by OmoTier1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2011
Those who know about the rise of credible oppostion in nigeria will see clearly that CPC is toeing that path. Unfortunately, ACN appears to have been morally damaged by her hide and seek game with the PDP in the last election.

Even though I supported ACN & CPC in the last elections, I feel ACN with the greed of Tinubu is drifting afar! Post electoion, CPC appears to be doing more underground work politically than ACN and my credible sources have it that major realignment is already taking place with CPC looking to benefit from such.

As for 2015, as a southerner, I pray young minds like El-rufai, Donald Duke, etc will be those we will be debating not another set of old folks like we did in 2011.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ORIGINAL WAEC RESULT.............. Is Needed Not Statement Of Result? / Photos From APC Governorship Campaign Rally In Orile , Lagos / Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.