Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,086 members, 7,845,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? (9342 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose / I Apologise To Edo People For Bringing Oshiomhole As Gov, Says Ize-iyamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by ektbear: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns, roflmao

Most of the folks on the politics section are dudes

bk_babe is a dude
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by ektbear: 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
I think the only regular posters who are female are tpia, ileke, odunnu, desola, a few others

proly 95% of the regular posters are guys
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2011
Bk-babe, knock that "babe" out. That's female designation in online interaction.

I know tpia definitely but the handles need to be gender leaning. No "tender lips" when u r a dude or "NY_hardbody" when u r female.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2011
Thanks ekt_

Lmao! , and no telling another man they are after your heart either.

What a nonsense on the net!
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by EzeUche(m): 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2011
Boom bye bye grin
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2011
bk babe is a she male,while tpia na agbaya
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2011
Strange Eze that you will not contribute to whether or not Ojukwu should apologize but you champion discussions for Awo and Gowon and Nigeria to apologize to Igbos.

Is your mouth sealed now?
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
It is like saying churchill should apologise to hitler for war d atrocities of 2 world war.Orofofo thread
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by EzeUche(m): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2011
redsun:

It is like saying churchill should apologise to hitler for war d atrocities of 2 world war.Orofofo thread

Gbam!

Or Roosevelt apologizing to the Japenese for Peal Harbor.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
Red, In a case where Igbos demand apology from Nigeria, yes you will be right there.

However, this is like asking Hitler to apologize for leading Germany into war.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by EzeUche(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2011
^^^

Nigeria declared war on Biafra so do not forget that.

Biafra was in the moral right to secede.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 9:33pm On Jul 08, 2011
Eze,

Do we have to go through this all over again?

How did Nigeria make the declaration of war?
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by EzeUche(m): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Eze,

Do we have to go through this all over again?

How did Nigeria make the declaration of war?

What do you call a police action?

Or do you not know the history?
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
No I do not! If I do, probably with a different title.

Explain it to me.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by seanet02: 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2011
Common, declaration of independence in a Federal or unitary state is tantamount to a Declaration of War except there was a referendum to decide that. Hell ojukwu just refused to be intelligent. You can only do that in confederation and go scott free.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2011
Posterity has vindicated Ojukwu.What he fought against decades ago is still very much d bone of contention in nigeria but
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2011
this time d so called unionists are d ones on d other side.Nigeria has reached its natural end like adead star that never was
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by ezeagu(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2011
cheesy The person who started this thread does not like Nigeria.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by tpia5: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2011
redsun:

Posterity has vindicated Ojukwu.What he fought against decades ago is still very much d bone of contention in nigeria but

your type started the war.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2011
Lmao! Tpia trying to start a war with redsun.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by tpia5: 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2011
redsun's at war with himself. undecided
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2011
tpia!!
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by dayokanu(m): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2011
Roosevelt and Churchill were on the winning side, Ojukwu lost. So huge difference
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 10:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
Only truth wins.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by ezeagu(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2011
Onlytruth, the human (Nigerian) library.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2011
Only truth is not human,it is a concept.Eziokwu. Light
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by ezeagu(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
Onlytruth arushi. shocked grin
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2011
What are u talking about?I don't get u.I didn't remember who u ve in mind when i said what i said.All sages tap into d truth
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2011
Outside of an apology to Biafra, which I do not subscribe to, I do support and believe that West and North owe it as the proper call to humanity to help healing of the Igbo spirit.

I say this because we are all humans first and we all shall be humans last.

We arrive in life innocent and devoid of self identity and we depart life succumbing to the struggles of mankind , irrelevant of identity.

So the surrender of Biafra and its casualties of war is a libel for its atrocities arising from the coup and as well its arrogance leading to the war.

God forbid but if a tsunami happens in East the rest of us will not sit back and say oh, that's Igboland they deserve it.

Our human conscience will instantly start wondering - oh, hope the children are okay, hope the women and the elderly are okay, hope the men are okay,, . . . This is how human tribes relate to each other's tragedies and rescue.

So, it is evident from observing Igbos to know that their psyche is still not healed and they are very much as unsure as we are of what's to happen to Nigeria.

While Yoruba has never lost touch with its will and the determination of what to do, Igbo on the other hand will find it very hard to jump behind another leader calling for a separation, peacefully or otherwise.

The pain of rescuing Igbo is that he is not satisfied being a tenant. For this reason others are skeptical and not interested in coming to the rescue.

Igbos have a lot of psychological pain to heal. They cannot heal their own, we must aid their healing, from a distance.

Its a partnership! The Igbo must also be willing and trusting to submit to the therapeutic care through which a new meaning in relations and cohabitation can emerge.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
Eze, are you the NL member "Onlytruth"?
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by EzeUche(m): 10:55pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Eze, are you the NL member "Onlytruth"?

I dey laugh! Me Onlytruth?  grin

Onlytruth, Obiagu, Chyz, Ezeagu, Andre Uweh and I are the original Igbo defenders.

And redsun. . .
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by redsun(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2011
D redemption of a man lies within.D ibos have moved on unless d foo-lish ones,as always.D foo-ls always stay behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Appeal Court Orders Dasuki’s Appearance In Olisa Metuh’s Trial / Senate Passes N10.8 Trillion Revised 2020 Budget / NUPENG: Petroleum Tanker Drivers Suspend Tomorrow's Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.