Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,028 members, 7,845,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? (9340 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose / I Apologise To Edo People For Bringing Oshiomhole As Gov, Says Ize-iyamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by ak47mann(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

Elaborate on this? What do you mean by it? At independence, it certainly wasn't aboki + SW working together. Aboki chose another tribe to work with to then undermine the interests of the third. . .
ok sorry after the civil war embarassed
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by ektbear: 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2011
^-- Hehe. Funny to me how people will complain when the same unjust acts that they gleefully participated in from 1960 to 1966 are then used against them.

Karma is a b1tch, as they say.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by Katsumoto: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Hehe. Funny to me how people will complain when the same unjust acts that they gleefully participated in from 1960 to 1966 are then used against them.

ROTFLMAO

And also how they think they can revise history when nobody is watching.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by igboboy1(m): 12:31am On Jun 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

biko what acts? apparently u and katsumoto are trying to re-write history OR you think say na the claiming of educated gives the SW the right to tell lies? Please that is what ur leaders dey tell u to sugar una mind (afterall we don see the agberos, oyo nurtw chairman, all for SW with rife illeteracy), hausas are more educated than the SW talkless of Igbos and we know our history too, Sorry u cant convince us with ur version
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by ektbear: 12:52am On Jun 12, 2011
^-- Lies? If you can find a (non-armchair) historian who interprets the events prior to the first coup differently, I'd be glad to see it.

But this seems to be the official record of events.

Or are you denying your alliance with the Hausa at independence?
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by T9ksy(m): 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
Dede1:

I am not surprise this nonsensical crap is a product of your skewed intuitive machination. You are a well known historical revisionist. If I had not read your recollection about the bombing of Lagos in general and Onipanu in particular by Biafran air force, I would have given a benefit of doubt to your ability to remember things correctly.

You sir, are a bare-faced liar! Nothing surprising there, though.Please, retrieve my post where i stated that the igbos bombed Onipanu. I bet you can't. At any rate, you guys bombed Lagos but you are NL infamous revisionist who asserted that the igbos didn't, even when faced with overwhelming evidences.

As for the Ore debacle, I guess apple does not fall far from the tree. Believe me; my folks are good at learning from history. The problem is coward dies many times before its death. grin grin grin

I bloody well hope you guys have learnt a valuable lesson from the last war. DON'T EVER MESS WITH THE YORUBAS!!!

However, if you guys need a recap, just bring your wahala to my region again . . . . . . . . .
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by asorocker: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2011
I keep wondering how the brains of Nigerians works sometime little wonder nothing works in the country .
Is it now a crime to pull a country out of another country. John garang successfully liberated southern sudan from sudan, arafat did that for the palestines.
Eventhough I don't absovle Ojukwo of blames but I keep wondering how some posters have forgotten about the present state of the country and the events that preceded the first coup and are busy blaiming an individual for wanting to do what the whole western world supported john garang to do for southern sudan
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by seanet02: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
He deserve to be stored with bullets on his isi ewu head for killing ibos with his stupid1ty.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by seanet02: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2011
He does not need mercy as he is merciless
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2011
Of course he should, ojukwu owes Igbo men apology for deceiving them into thinking he was well equipped and had all the resources to fight the war and also leading them to believe that Igbos outnumber the enemy in force and population. Some die hard Biafrans are stuck in that lie and still believe till tioday that Biafra owns the land and all the people from their Eastern boundary with Cameroon all the way to Benin and down to Port Harcourt and all way up to Benue. They refuse to accept thta Ndigbo is a small number of clans covering a small area of Nigeria. Their attempt to grab other people land and culture and ancestral roots is causing resentment now.

In addition and most important Ojukwu need to apologize for putting innocent Igbo women and their innocent pikin directly into hostile and dangerous conditions and for unecessarily denying them access to food and water, causing millions to starve to death or die of disease. He also owe apology to them for causing their displacement from their homeland and forcing them into refugee conditions in foreign lands.

Ojukwu owe entire Igbo people apology for abandonment and neglect.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by EzeUche(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2011
[size=18pt] Can you people let sleeping dogs lie?
[/size]
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by aljharem3: 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2011
i think this topic is over

people leave ojukwu so he can rest

he is old and he is someones father

let him rest, he deserves it
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by tpia5: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2011
Of course he should, ojukwu owes Igbo men apology for deceiving them into thinking he was well equipped and had all the resources to fight the war and also leading them to believe that Igbos outnumber the enemy in force and population

are you sure he intentionally deceived them or most of the group [thinktank] behind the war, really believed it was true?

it's like bush's WMD in iraq- at the end of the day, he or someone admitted they thought they had the right facts about the matter when they actually didnt.

meaning people can act out of conviction without realising things might not be as they imagine.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by russellino: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2011
Whats with y'all digging up old topics all over the place? Boredom or what. abeg its friday you guys should go out and watch a movie or something.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2011
As I understood it, Ojukwu did not fire the first bullet in anger, so why should he apologise?

He simply decared an independant Biafra and Gowon started the war.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
I have started a thread about Nigerian history using TV news / news archives, and the Biafra war is covered their, let me know what you think.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.0.html
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 6:53pm On Jul 08, 2011
Can you people let sleeping dogs lie?

Eze, too late! I'm on it.

Tpia, what gave the peoiple the impression that there was truth in his deception?

There is this thing called "circle of influence"

Leaders of a society are like commodities. People invest in them.

Naturally the society reject being told what to do or being coralled into specific models of behavior and lifestyle.

Leaders must cultivate and have the image and persona and message to get the people to listen and "buy-in" to his message. He is selling credibility. Overtime, if his messages match results and outcomes in their practical sorroundings he will appear credible and earn their trust and obliged response when called to act.

The people have abandoned their own self will and gave him a mandate to do what he wants with their society and communal interest. They are not reasoning but following in faith that he has their best interest at heart and will protect and safeguard it. They respond with patriotism.

So when Ojukwu said, not in one radio broadcast, but several to his people repeatedly demonising Nigeria and upholding the glory of the "land of the rising sun", he started mixing with propaganda with facts on ground. He appealed to their spirit. They believed in his credibility. They trusted in him. They were long past a stage in their formulation to question the true state of things. He was so convinced in his Oxford education and elitist ego that he began to even dismiss his peers and officers in the Army as unworthy of his time.

To you now Gen Buhari, did not Gowon exercise a lot of restraints and even used last minute efforts, in jeopardy of his own job and life to the frustration in North, to appeal to Ojukwu to sit down for more rounds of talk with Adebayo and Katsina?

Did ojukwu accept? He saw Gowon, a recruit with secondary level education, beneath his position as a commissioned officer with Oxford education.

Ego and pride lead to ruins.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by tpia5: 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2011
Tpia, what gave the peoiple the impression that there was truth in his deception?

i dont know if there was actual, intentional deception initially, or more of misinformation.

hindsight is always 100% as they say.

the deception might not necessarily have been from ojukwu himself but from other quarters and mind you, i'm just guessing.

not set in stone.

but if he received information that biafra had the military might to go it alone, coupled with the pogroms to give an added emphasis to the "need" for secession, then that's one context.

say, for example, he had seen the biafran military, been reassured of support from elsewhere, and had intel on the nigerian army.

he could have been acting on his conviction that things were indeed what they seemed to be.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2011
We cannot reason along the thoughts of Ojukwu or do a research paper on him.

There is a flaw in Igbo gene generally, period!

As an ethnic group, it is more common and prevalent for Igbo consciousness to see things in far more magnitude of what it truly is and then to attach their ego and bet their future to the inflated value of the object.

They put the cart before the horse, they count chickens before the eggs has matured enough to hatch, they act on impulse first and make assessments later. This explains for their repeated failures to become a majestic culture in society.

They do this with their ancestral roots, their history, their culture, society, prosperity, conflicts, war, academic, administration, and so on.

That's their downfall, they refusal to take stock of true worth before making undeliverable commitments.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by bkbabe97y(m): 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

As an ethnic group, it is more common and prevalent for Igbo consciousness to see things in far more magnitude of what it truly is and then to attach their ego and bet their future to the inflated value of the object.

They put the cart before the horse, they count chickens before the eggs has matured enough to hatch, they act on impulse first and make assessments later. This explains for their repeated failures to become a majestic culture in society.

They do this with their ancestral roots, their history, their culture, society, prosperity, conflicts, war, academic, administration, and so on.

That's their downfall, they refusal to take stock of true worth before making undeliverable commitments.

Dude, I owe u a beer whenever you come to NY
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by EzeUche(m): 7:57pm On Jul 08, 2011
GenBuhari:

As I understood it, Ojukwu did not fire the first bullet in anger, so why should he apologise?

He simply decared an independant Biafra and Gowon started the war.

The war came to the East.

Ojukwu did not star the war.

Whoever fires the first bullet starts the war.

Ojukwu owes no apology.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by seanet02: 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2011
Weeds fired the first bullet when they carried out the loopsided murder of west and north premiers and left their own to eat isiewu
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by Chyz2: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2011
I think its time to resurrect the awoloho threads. grin
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by seanet02: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2011
OAM4J are you blind? Who the hell is this nancy that you can not ban her for life? If it is seanet you will have gotten a full erection. Can't you see how she is spamming every board? Nancy are you mad? WTF do you monkey think you are doing?
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by EzeUche(m): 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
Chyz*:

I think its time to resurrect the awoloho threads. grin

They are not ready for that. Remember the infamy I brought with my Awolowo threads? It really caused pain amongst these people.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by tpia5: 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

freedom means many things.

sometimes you are not free to make your own decisions.

personally, i think the minorities along the coast/in that area tend to be underrated by others who feel they [minorities] are helpless players being manipulated by igbo.

just my opinion.

i feel the dynamics over there is far more complicated than that.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2011

Oh that's a great honor to be hosted by the one and only Brooklyn Babe! Lol!

Mwah! Thank you dear, look forward to it.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by Chyz2: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Oh that's a great honor to be hosted by the one and only Brooklyn Babe! Lol!

Mwah! Thank you dear, look forward to it.

No homo? It's official that those two are lovers! shocked
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
Tpia,

If you go back in Yoruba history and review the different accounts of what Oyo did, there is no reason why any Yoruba child should not be proud of the land and the bravery of our ancestors.

There are three Yorubas

Ooh, let me stop! This about Ojukwu apologising to his people and not the moment to analyse and brag the pride of successful and functional treaties of protection and cohabitation between the Yoruba major and the Yoruba minor.

I am interested in making Igbo children a new culture, a proto-Yoruba minor that exist and breed on our land.
Re: Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? by NegroNtns(m): 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2011
ChyZ is living on his fantasies again.

Is bk babe not female?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC, Party Of Teenagers – Bode George / Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! / It look like TINUBU wet his panty In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.