Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,099 members, 7,849,431 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission (27030 Views)

15 By-elections: PDP Kicks As APC Wins In Lagos, Bauchi, Others / Oshiomhole Forecloses Automatic Tickets For Kogi, Bauchi, Kaduna Govs / Victory In Katsina, Kogi, Bauchi — Is APC Really Affected By Defections? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by poiZon: 8:45am On Nov 11, 2021
10mobile:
grin
Do these guys think at all? Imagine calling Borno a Niger Delta state! Let's scrap the senate and replace it with Nairaland because many Nairalanders actually think better than the so-called senators.

If you support my motion, say hi. Otherwise, say ho.
Everyday new lows r being recorded in Nigeria...
Imagine this, do the senator even know the meaning of the area called niger delta?
What is adeola olamilekan trying to achieve with this bill?
Each and everyday, yorubas do stuffs that negates every form of unity down south.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by macaranta(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2021
Anago55:
We Niger Deltans, shame on you guys

Igbos are your problem. Igbos, the land locked barren land with mud is the problem of we Niger Deltans

Meehhhhnnnnn this is funny , Nigeria is a funny country

I am still trying to figure out the rationale behind this bill,Gombe,kogi, Anambra,Borno? Niger Delta members. Lol

So borno now will have NEDC and NDDC... Interesting times we live in. I hope someone in the nearest future won't cry blue murder when a president from another region implements and amplifies this wonderful nepotistic blueprint this Apc is leaving us with.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Don27tiky(m): 8:47am On Nov 11, 2021
DaniDani:
We south south people, una well done o! Shey e de clear una for eye so? One Nigeria is something else o!
bro hide your ignorance for once na. Niger delta is not a region in Nigeria it is South south state . A state can be In any region and still be part of the NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION. Just as IMO, and ondo have been part of that commission for a long time but no one refer to them as south south state. Those who liked your comment are in the same ignorant shoe as yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Awoleesu(m): 8:48am On Nov 11, 2021
This is what happens when people who couldn't pass simple Regional Geography @ O'level want to make regional laws!

The Map is clear! The Niger Delta region as distinct from South-South geopolitical zone, is a Bird foot type of Delta, downstream of the River Niger with federating creeks adjoining the Atlantic ocean.
If we have had a South-South Development Corporation, it's another thing entirely. But like the reasonable Senators did rightly note (Sekibo & Uroghide), the emphasis is on the environmental degradation of oil prospecting, and not just about the oil.

If states outside of the Niger Delta, who 'produce oil' want some extra advantage, what the Senate should be calling for is a separate agency to address their interests... Say stuff like Oil Producing States Development Corporation (OPSDC).

5 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Don27tiky(m): 8:48am On Nov 11, 2021
Anago55:

Igbos are your problem. Igbos, the land locked barren land with mud is the problem of we Niger Deltans

I am still trying to figure out the rationale behind this bill,Gombe,kogi, Anambra,Borno? Niger Delta members. Lol
bro hide your ignorance for once na. Niger delta is not a region in Nigeria it is South south state . A state can be In any region and still be part of the NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION. Just as IMO, and ondo have been part of that commission for a long time but no one refer to them as south south state. Those who liked your comment are in the same ignorant shoe as yours
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by vikiphy89(m): 8:49am On Nov 11, 2021
U forgot Thebosstrevor and swallow me
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Ykc2(m): 8:51am On Nov 11, 2021
temitope27:
borno av oil, oil is nt only found in Delta area
like the oil they found in lagos till today we never hear of it again ,if your talking about borno having oil there is no contry in the world that don't ve oil but the question is how many barrels can they produce in day,in some countries drilling of crude oil there will be an economic waste,Indonesia found crude oil in large quantity but quality of the crude oil is too poor to drill so they leave it,even austria here ve oil ,without delta ,river state , akwa ibom nigeria will be poor as burkina fasso so forget about 10 barrels day crude oil in bornu or bauchi and lagos

6 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by godofuck231: 8:51am On Nov 11, 2021
Why not add daura and niger up to Niamey , and let Nigerian be as an annexed state

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by skywalker240(m): 8:54am On Nov 11, 2021
Our main problem is our fellow Southerners that keeps shouting One Nigeria

As usual, that people from that region will always be used as a willing tools to achieve the aim of the northerners..

They used the idiot to sponsor the bill

tueh

5 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by poiZon: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2021
Anago55:

We the igbos suspended the people's constitution of 1963 under the rulership of mazi aguiyi ironsi..
We the igbos under the rulership of mazi dave umahi abi na mazi ugwanyi announced the proscription of IPOB.
Emm... I dey come

1 Like

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Awise09(m): 8:58am On Nov 11, 2021
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by tarboshi(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2021
Technically, the region called Niger-Delta is gone.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by janetakan(f): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2021
I need to stop reading Nigerian news for my sanity. Smh!
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by poiZon: 9:01am On Nov 11, 2021
Cyberterror:
Funny but more funny is the same people condemning northerners for this move want to vote another northerner to continue from where Buhari stopped.
It is called tit for tat.
When pdp zoned speakership to southwest in 2011, hon mukilat akande was supposed to be the speaker, femi gbajabiamila stood up and nominated tambuwal from sokoto state.
2015 gej was to seek 2nd term, tinubu and amaechi our southern fools said NO, na buhari we want.
So don't expect us to treat backstabbers with handshakes and hugs. Am from akwaibom, we don't do such hypocrisy here.
We deny those who deny us, we embrace those who embrace us.

6 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by TUTU147: 9:05am On Nov 11, 2021
10mobile:
grin
Do these guys think at all? Imagine calling Borno a Niger Delta state! Let's scrap the senate and replace it with Nairaland because many Nairalanders actually think better than the so-called senators.

If you support my motion, say hi. Otherwise, say ho.
Hi
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by darlinsval(m): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2021
Another Commission should be set up to accommodate the states in North Central and north east geo political zones to cover their developmental projects and programmes. Please help a brother searching for a job, I need fund to go job-hunting please. Thanks. 0147949047.gtb

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by xtgozie(m): 9:07am On Nov 11, 2021
Sammy07:
grin

Stop speaking like this.
The Oil generated from South South is being used generally to The north and Nigerians

Same goes to South East gas, or you think say pipelines no pass from owerri to Kaduna, Lagos, Ogun? cheesy

Like wise South West Borders money is been shared across

So what's generated from the north that is used generally?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by vedaxcool(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2021
Niger Delta Commission should remain for the Niger Delta, including states which do not fall into that. Just create a commission that address the challenges of those states.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Ofunaofu: 9:09am On Nov 11, 2021
grin

It's obvious that the word Niger Delta was a mere geographical expression meant to deny the various ethnic entities their true identity and benefits of the oil. Now they want other states with insignificant oil deposit to enjoy the 13% Oil derivation largesse.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by SaintBishop: 9:09am On Nov 11, 2021
afube:

ijaws claim they are the godzilla and king kong of southern Nigeria, let them go and defend themselves........Ndigbo will now play majority politics to the full,the days we allied to niger delta interests is over............meanwhile the process of taking back southeast oilwells from Rivers sate is ongoing.
Why are you mentioning ijaws? Are ijaws the only ones in the Niger delta?undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Maxy20081(m): 9:11am On Nov 11, 2021
This should not just be judged based on the "ayes" have it cos considering our Democratic structure which involves numbers, the ayes in this regard will surely have it .

The final judgement should consider facts like
1. Is the oil economic advantage yet? Is it profitable to the economy yet?
2. The notion to refer states that are not within the Niger delta region Niger delta states does it correspond with the scope and vision of NDDC
3. Should the name be changed to encompass these other States that are now oil producing States that's if their oil are of economic importance to the federation account
The judgement should across all these not just party interest or geopolitical interest as it likely stands
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by bjdon: 9:14am On Nov 11, 2021
A country that can set up a Naval base in the desert can do anything. Nigeria is a big joke

5 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by tonyzeal(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2021
All these are to pave way for a Fulani man to be appointed chairman of the nddc and minister of niger delta;for me I gave up on Nigeria a long time ago;proudly a biafran

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Bimpe29: 9:16am On Nov 11, 2021
countryfive:
grin if them like make them include Niger Republic
As an NDDC state eno concern me . I don port since
Buhari win second term. Nothing for nigeria sweat me again .even super eagles world & nations cup qualifiers i no watch again...
As you don port no mean say your origin and affiliation don change nah. wink
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Sirpeewise: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2021
You see everything in that house is done by majority not because it's fair or just or the right thing to do. They have the majority,we have not even seen anything yet.I know it won't be too long every southerner will see that the only solution to this oppression called Nigeria is to split the country

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by AfonjaFula: 9:19am On Nov 11, 2021
��
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Ferrous(m): 9:22am On Nov 11, 2021
I think, we have Northeast Development Commission , which covers Gombe, there is also a bill on the floor of the senate for the establishment
of Southeast Development Commission, Southwest Development Commission which covers Anambra state and Lagos state respectively. So, what is the purpose of including them to the NDDC which was originally set up for Niger Delta states?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Lovenorth: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2021
The best bill of the year
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Gireiboy(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2021
Joysticks:
Northern politicians are so ignorant and incompetent.They reason like their cow.
I'm absolutely sure you're an Igbo(very ignorant and stupid set of people), they bill was sponsored by a Yoruba person, mumu.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by InoGetJoy: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

I hope you don't mean nairalanders like these ones?

1. kestolove
2. juliusmalema
3. buckeyemedia
4. nlpolicewoman
5. krismas
6. alimohammedibn
7. falseprophet
8. pricemajestic
9. pantami
10. modsfucker
11. ibkhaleel
12. Biodun556
13. Lastcall
14. Aboks
15. Gawu1
16. theFilmtric
17. Asidy
18. MalcoImX
19. Ibrahimmrfish
20. AdolfAboki
21. Queseda,
22. tsagir
23. Niceman12
24. QuotaSystem
25. abduljabbar4
26. Northurmate
27. Fariq
28. DanArrewa
29. Susu888
30. SWORD419
31. spendoon
32. Bakinwuta
33. Bazamfare
34. Almaigaa
35. Arewawife
36. NorthRules9ja
37. Simplyleo
38. Ngeneukwenu
39. Vedaxcool
41. Budaatum
42. Monogamy
43. donbenie
44. Candidlady
45. supportnija
46. Safyqueen
47. Danjikanbauchi
48. SlyDev
49. oloyedewaris
50. Haakeem
51. Caseless
52. Lovenorth
53. Patrioticman007
54. Cilicmarin
55. SarakiBukola
56. Iliya1520
57. JohnSin97
58. GetMeRight
59. IPIGSRDOTARDS
60. GreenArrow1
61. Blackman7
62. NGpatriot
63. deji17
64. Nonpartisan1
65. Angelfrost
66. emilo2bad
67. AntiWailer
68. PUSSYBBQGRILLS
69. BKAY,
70. FAHDIGA
71. TONYEBARCANISTA
72. OyigboUpdate
73. ORIENTATION101
74. Abdul05
75. abdelrahman
76. Ibkhaleel01
This is an exhaustive list of the cretins we have in this forum

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Hasn't Spoken On Nigeria’s Next President - Adeboye / Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) / Ike Ekweremadu And Makarfi Return To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.