Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency (11962 Views)

FFK Reacts To Blocking Of Food Supplies From The North To The South / Umahi: I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency / SDP Disowns Omisore’s Alliance With APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:45am On Nov 15, 2021
Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, Igbo sociocultural association, says an Igbo presidency in 2023 will put a stop to agitations and quest for secession in the south-east.

The association is different from Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the more popular group headed by George Obiozor.

Speaking in an interview with PUNCH, Okechukwu Isiguzuro, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide secretary-general, said denying the Igbo the presidency will further increase Biafra agitations and threaten Nigeria’s unity.

He said the group is already discussing with northern elders and youths, adding that “a new alliance” is being built with the north to achieve the goal of an Igbo presidency.

“2023 Igbo presidency is very feasible and any attempts to derail the project anchoring it on the activities of the secessionist agitations in south-east is not only devilish but mischievously wicked,” Isiguzuro was quoted as saying.

“The consequences of denying the Igbo the 2023 presidency will strengthen Biafra agitations and it will sink Nigeria’s corporate existence and threaten its unity.

“The expectation of Igbo to achieve the desired results of having an Igbo succeed President Buhari in 2023 is ongoing.

“The only way to end the secessionist movements and stop them from armed struggle is for the federal government to opt for a political solution to the problem of Biafra agitations, which Igbo presidency is one of it. A Nigerian president of Igbo extraction will end the activities of IPOB.

“Secondly, there are ongoing talks with the northern elders and the Arewa chieftains, especially the youths. We believe that the discussions through sincere engagements will change the northern fears over 2023 Igbo presidency.

“One of the practical steps to be taken seriously is the engagement of the other sections of the country especially the north.

“We are building up a new alliance with the north, but definitely, we will achieve this lofty position through building consensus and confidence.”

Isiguzuro added that only two people from the Igbo extraction had declared their interest in contesting the presidential seat and that the group is expecting more people, particularly from the ruling APC, to join in the race.

https://www.thecable.ng/ohanaeze-worldwide-were-building-alliance-with-north-to-achieve-igbo-presidency

3 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Malory: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2021
Nice one from Ohanaeze. Even though I'm Yoruba but Igbo presidency is what Nigeria needs at the moment to salvage our dear country from the claws of vulture parading as leader. Buhari has destroyed Nigeria and brought it at its knees and it is only a competent hand that is needed in this perilous time we found ourselves in. Every sensible person should help make Igbo presidency to come to fruition and let's make our country great again. Never again shall people like Buhari lead us in God's name. Never again

53 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by BigSarah(f): 7:50am On Nov 15, 2021
This is the Ipob-philic faction of ohaneze..,, seems this is a part of the political solution.

Well good luck, whatever works for you..

Buhari and Osinbanjo 3rd term Insha Allah

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Aidejay(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2021
if na yoruba groups do this one na, some people on this Nairaland will not allow anybody hear word. na that time dem go remember afonja and other things.
las las na only Nairaland dem fit flex their muscles.

122 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Olakunleyakub(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2021
I have no business with igbo presidency so far the person is qualified but my problem is those ipop causing pains to their people.

You can't blackmail others just because you want power.

You cant keep shut when it favours you and start causing trouble when it is not.

They should borrow sense pls

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by hisgrace090: 7:53am On Nov 15, 2021
Biafra is the real deal!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by alanto: 7:55am On Nov 15, 2021
Too many mouthpiece.
Which north?

3 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by AtikuNetwork: 7:55am On Nov 15, 2021
If Igbos seriously want the Presidency, then their political leaders need to do more to show their commitment to the Nigeria project. They have to stop giving tacit support to Nnamdi Kanu and his ipob miscreants and terrorists that are creating problems all over the SouthEast. Ipob should also be disbanded and required to join politics as a condition for Kanu's release.

Kanu should also be made to join a major political party, preferably PDP, where he can work with both Northern and Southern patriotic politicians to prove his patriotism and imbibe the democratic process, because I fear his time spent as ipob leader has turned him into an authoritarian and dictator. That's the only solution I see to this issue.

13 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by mmanwuijele: 7:56am On Nov 15, 2021
Igbo Presidency? SMH I and millions of Biafrans don't want. Tell that to the millions killed with Biafra in the hearts.

Nigeria as a rotten egg has but one opportunity to add some good to its may bad and that is allowing a fair Biafran Referendum in this contraption. The right to self determination is a fundamental human right.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Malory: 7:56am On Nov 15, 2021
BigSarah:
This is the Pro-ipob faction of ohaneze..
Well good luck, whatever works for you..

Buhari and Osinbanjo 3rd term Insha Allah
Shatap this Mallam parading as an Igbo woman. We know you and what you stand for

4 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Skyclub14: 7:58am On Nov 15, 2021
This your statement would have been sweet only if you people truly want Biafra but it is fraud because you want to be Vice President to atiku in 2023
mmanwuijele:
Igbo Presidency? SMH I and millions of Biafrans don't want. Tell that to the millions killed with Biafra in the hearts.

Nigeria as a rotten egg has but one opportunity to add some good to its may bad and that is allowing a fair Biafran Referendum in this contraption. The right to self determination is a fundamental human right.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by mmanwuijele: 7:58am On Nov 15, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
If Igbos seriously want the Presidency, then their political leaders need to do more to show their commitment to the Nigeria project. They have to stop giving tacit support to Nnamdi Kanu and his ipob miscreants and terrorists that are creating problems all over the SouthEast. Ipob should also be disbanded and required to join politics as a condition for Kanu's release.

Kanu should also be made to join a major political party, preferably PDP, where he can work with both Northern and Southern patriotic politicians to prove his patriotism and imbibe the democratic process, because I fear his time spent as ipob leader has turned him into an authoritarian and dictator. That's the only solution I see to this issue.

Says a person whose leader is an uneducated, incompetent military dictator who believes his wife belongs to the OZA room.

5 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Penguin2: 7:58am On Nov 15, 2021
I suggest you don’t dwell in north alone.

Extend hands of friendship to Southwest too.

We will gain nothing grandstanding with Tinubu. Convincing him to support Igbo presidency will make all the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by IgweOfNnewi: 7:59am On Nov 15, 2021
Alliance?
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Malory: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2021
Penguin2:
I suggest you don’t dwell in north alone.

Extend hands of friendship to Southwest too.

We will gain nothing grandstanding with Tinubu. Convincing him to support Igbo presidency will make all the difference.
Nice idea from a wise man. Ohanaeze should take note

4 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by mmanwuijele: 8:01am On Nov 15, 2021
Skyclub14:
This your statement would have been sweet only if you people truly want Biafra but it is fraud because you want to be Vice President to atiku in 2023

Ok, my fellow black man. My word against yours. hmmmmm.... I wonder if there is a way to find out what people truly want. Oh waittttttt... its called a Referendum.

Damn! I wonder who is fighting for one and who is fighting against it.

I tell you. We'll all be dead within the next 150 years, but if Nigeria conducts a Biafran Referendum and the people of the former eastern region votes in the majority to remain Nigerians, I'll drop my sword and shield, discard the Biafran idea and proclaim Nigeria at the top of my lungs.

4 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by IgweOfNnewi: 8:01am On Nov 15, 2021
Aidejay:
if na yoruba groups do this one na, some people on this Nairaland will not allow anybody hear word. na that time dem go remember afonja and other things.
Are you minding those hypocrites

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by NyamiriSlayer(m): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2021
Igbo presidency, what a joke of a century, this nonsense post needs to be moved to joke section because even a cow has more chances than those guys

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Skyclub14: 8:16am On Nov 15, 2021
Baba please rest with all these referendum noise or Biafra .. people in other regions are not buying into it and you guys already know but keep deceiving the young igbos that are becoming passionate about a biafra that the ohaneze and igbo know that will never happen. Everybody knows igbos 2023 candidate is atiku and an igbo man as his vice (maybe obi) ..I don’t expect you to agree with me because I’m not trying to convince you because deep in your heart of heart you already know the truth..but I will advise igbo elders to stop playing this victim politics it is destroying the igbo society ..a 17years old boy that knows nothing about politics is already crying victim and this would affect his self esteem. Igbos are the only people in Nigeria that confidently open their mouth to say “na fulani get Nigeria” that is a very disrespectful statement to other Nigerians..my brother is not every one that is interested in playing victim politics.. I live in abuja, It is only igbos that call every northerner they meet alhaji( a name for a bigman I guess) even shoe makers ..that is victim politics and is it 101% wrong and bad for the new generation
mmanwuijele:

Ok, my fellow black man. My word against yours. hmmmmm.... I wonder if there is a way to find out what people truly want. Oh waittttttt... its called a Referendum.

Damn! I wonder who is fighting for one and who is fighting against it.

I tell you. We'll all be dead within the next 150 years, but if Nigeria conducts a Biafran Referendum and the people of the former eastern region votes in the majority to remain Nigerians, I'll drop my sword and shield, discard the Biafran idea and proclaim Nigeria at the top of my lungs.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by MrPeterson(m): 8:18am On Nov 15, 2021
Talking with both sides of the mouth

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by mmanwuijele: 8:24am On Nov 15, 2021
Skyclub14:
Baba please rest with all these referendum noise or Biafra .. people in other regions are not buying into it and you guys already know but keep deceiving the young igbos that are becoming passionate about a biafra that the ohaneze and igbo know that will never happen. Everybody knows igbos 2023 candidate is atiku and an igbo man as his vice (maybe obi) ..I don’t expect you to agree with me because I’m not trying to convince you because deep in your heart of heart you already know the truth..but I will advise igbo elders to stop playing this victim politics it is destroying the igbo society ..a 17years old boy that knows nothing about politics is already crying victim and this would affect his self esteem. Igbos are the only people in Nigeria that confidently open their mouth to say “na fulani get Nigeria” that is a very disrespectful statement to other Nigerians..my brother is not every one that is interested in playing victim politics.. I live in abuja, It is only igbos that call every northerner they meet alhaji( a name for a bigman I guess) even shoe makers ..that is victim politics and is it 101% wrong and bad for the new generation

You're a lie my man. "Referendum Nonsense". Anyone who truly believes that Ohanaeze and the oath sworn Government officials who have vested interests in Nigeria speak for the people is a simpleton.

A referendum is not a crime. Its is just like and election. It is the only way to hear the true voices of masses. C'mon man. Even if you're not for Biafra, say the truth! The Brits did it, the Scots even Nigerians did it with Cameroon. It is the diplomatic way, the opposite of which is armed conflict.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by meolaniyi(m): 8:25am On Nov 15, 2021
Aidejay:
why would a Yoruba man who took away power from the South and gave the north want SS and SE to support Yoruba presidency? Let's not call others fools

Why can't we support SE for the presidency? If power must come to the South, it must go to SE. That's what is called equity and fairness. Don't think other Southerners are fools. No SS or SE will support a Yoruba presidency

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Skyclub14: 8:30am On Nov 15, 2021
Loool Like I said I am not trying to convince you ..this is how you play your own politics. Everyone has their own style of politics even yoruba and Hausa ..two ways hausa play their politics is through almajeri and not allowing their women marry outside a northerner ..as for the Yorubas they use respect and deceit to play their own politics because they are very very corrupt while ibos it is lies and reverse psychology.. the Only people that want one Nigeria most are the ibos, they want to be allies with Hausa to suppress yoruba and the rest of Nigerians, because they see north as number one so igbos should be made number 2 ..that is the politics ibos are playing …
mmanwuijele:

You're a lie my man. "Referendum Nonsense". Anyone who truly believes that Ohanaeze and the oath sworn Government officials who have vested interests in Nigeria speak for the people is a simpleton.

A referendum is not a crime. Its is just like and election. It is the only way to hear the true voices of masses. C'mon man. Even if you're not for Biafra, say the truth! The Brits did it, the Scots even Nigerians did it with Cameroon. It is the diplomatic way, the opposite of which is armed conflict.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Oduduwa707: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2021
grin

10 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Aconomy: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2021
which stupid alliance?

nonsense

Igbos are never ready

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Dshocker(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2021
No need for that
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Folahh(f): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2021
Peace and progress is the goal.
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by deeva2: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2021
FAKE NEWS

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by mmanwuijele: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2021
Skyclub14:
Loool Like I said I am not trying to convince you ..this is how you play your own politics. Everyone has their own style of politics even yoruba and Hausa ..two ways hausa play their politics is through almajeri and not allowing their women marry outside a northerner ..as for the Yorubas they use respect and deceit to play their own politics because they are very very corrupt while ibos it is lies and reverse psychology.. the Only people that want one Nigeria most are the ibos, they want to be allies with Hausa to suppress yoruba and the rest of Nigerians, b[b]ecause they see north as number one [/b]so igbos should be made number 2 ..that is the politics ibos are playing …

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin the gworo eating North? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

10 years post Biafra. We'll show you what a nation really ought to be.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by condralbedez: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2021
Which useless AllianceThis Ohaneze are the problem of the Igbos, corrupt old cargoes

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

170,000 PUs On IReV, BVAS Reconfiguration To Be Completed Tuesday – INEC (Video) / Tinubu Redeploys 135 Directors, Deputy Directors, Others To New Ministries / Osun APC Primary: Aregbesola’s Group Says They Wont Leave The Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.