Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency (12010 Views)

FFK Reacts To Blocking Of Food Supplies From The North To The South / Umahi: I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency / SDP Disowns Omisore’s Alliance With APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by KILLTHECOWS(f): 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Olakunleyakub:
I have no business with igbo presidency so far the person is qualified but my problem is those ipop causing pains to their people.

You can't blackmail others just because you want power.

You cant keep shut when it favours you and start causing trouble when it is not...how is ipob causing troubles?
It is the government that is causing troubles everywhere.

They should borrow sense pls
you need sense because it seems like you lack one.
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Adiola(f): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
If Igbos seriously want the Presidency, then their political leaders need to do more to show their commitment to the Nigeria project. They have to stop giving tacit support to Nnamdi Kanu and his ipob miscreants and terrorists that are creating problems all over the SouthEast. Ipob should also be disbanded and required to join politics as a condition for Kanu's release.

Kanu should also be made to join a major political party, preferably PDP, where he can work with both Northern and Southern patriotic politicians to prove his patriotism and imbibe the democratic process, because I fear his time spent as ipob leader has turned him into an authoritarian and dictator. That's the only solution I see to this issue.
super story ,you are not relevant in the scheme of things
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Godispeace: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Oponu
Malory:
Nice one from Ohanaeze. Even though I'm Yoruba but Igbo presidency is what Nigeria needs at the moment to salvage our dear country from the claws of vulture parading as leader. Buhari has destroyed Nigeria and brought it at its knees and it is only a competent hand that is needed in this perilous time we found ourselves in. Every sensible person should help make Igbo presidency to come to fruition and let's make our country great again. Never again shall people like Buhari lead us in God's name. Never again
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by johntolu: 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
Jagunlabiodua:

The North owns Igbos not Yorubas you are the ones begging for power. To you as an Igbo man North owns Nigeria, To the Yoruba man Yoruba and others own Nigeria. Northerners come to beg Yoruba for power not Yoruba going to North to beg for power. If we want it we take it that's all

It shall be well with the womb that conceived thee, Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by kindlyheart: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
softwareman:

Is olusegun Obasanjo a Muslim.. I know they made him the president in 1999 even when Yorubas voted for Olu Falae.
Sorry to bust your big fallacy.

that was then when they are not as fanatic as they are today.

for example a muslima back then can greet you infidel 'Salam...' but now it's 'excuse'. the mentality today is different from that from years back.
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by softwareman(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
aviara:

If you are a honest person, you are expected to appreciate this move and support it. In the spirit of fairness Igbo should be given the presidential ticket on all political platforms for 2023 election.

When boko haram menace started power was given to the north (Yar adua)to douse the tension in that region. When Niger delta militants started troubling the oil industry and the Nigerian economy, power was shifted to the south south (GEJ) to douse the tension in that region.

All true lovers of peace, fairness and national unity should queue and support Igbo presidency in 2023. I am not an Igbo man but I think they deserve it this time around.
Please help me to understand this. Is this whole IPOB matter a disguised agitation for ibo presidency?
Then come out and state so.

3 Likes

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by DMerciful(m): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Malory never existed-JHC!
Malory:
Nice one from Ohanaeze. Even though I'm Yoruba but Igbo presidency is what Nigeria needs at the moment to salvage our dear country from the claws of vulture parading as leader. Buhari has destroyed Nigeria and brought it at its knees and it is only a competent hand that is needed in this perilous time we found ourselves in. Every sensible person should help make Igbo presidency to come to fruition and let's make our country great again. Never again shall people like Buhari lead us in God's name. Never again
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Freedom34: 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
If Igbos seriously want the Presidency, then their political leaders need to do more to show their commitment to the Nigeria project. They have to stop giving tacit support to Nnamdi Kanu and his ipob miscreants and terrorists that are creating problems all over the SouthEast. Ipob should also be disbanded and required to join politics as a condition for Kanu's release.

Kanu should also be made to join a major political party, preferably PDP, where he can work with both Northern and Southern patriotic politicians to prove his patriotism and imbibe the democratic process, because I fear his time spent as ipob leader has turned him into an authoritarian and dictator. That's the only solution I see to this issue.
....and what happened to d hundreds of civilians/security officers killed at his command? Their own don go be that abi?
Let dem kukuma free all d criminals for d country nah!
,cool

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Bigheart042(m): 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Funny to laugh out loud
For a northerner to hand power over to Igbo..
Let just stop deceiving ourselves...
Let watch and see
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Bigheart042(m): 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
KILLTHECOWS:
you need sense because it seems like you lack one.

Sense giver..
See u
Buhari son
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by johntolu: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Skyclub14:
Give me an honorarium award for studying the ibos and their psychology.. been studying ibos and researching on them for 4years now

You are still a learner, 'Omo-Oba', until you could do a dissertation on the reason(s) why Igbos political leaders have been
'hero- worshipping' Northerners as captured vividly in this 'unity begging' speech, made by Nnamdi Kanu, I am sorry, Azikiwe in 1953.
Nnamdi was actually threatening economic blockade and civil war against Northern Nigeria if they attempt to secede from Nigeria!

Now we know those whose grand-fathers and fathers have been 'chronic unity beggars' in Nigeria and 'ass-lickers' of Northerners' 'bura' grin cheesy shocked

NNAMDI AZIKIWE's SPEECH AGAINST SECESSION BY NORTHERN NIGERIA.
[i][/i]

In 1953 when Northern Nigerians were beginning to consider secession from the Nigerian colony that would soon be a nation, Nnamdi Azikiwe gave a speech before the caucus of his political party, the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC) in Yaba, Nigeria on May 12, 1953. That speech, while not disallowing secession, suggested that there would be grave consequences if the Northern region became an independent nation. Ironically, fourteen years later, Azikiwe led his Eastern Region out of Nigeria and created Biafra, a move that prompted a bloody three year civil war. Azikiwe’s 1953 speech appears below.

I have invited you to attend this caucus because I would like you to make clear our stand on the issue of secession. As a party, we would have preferred Nigeria to remain intact, but lest there be doubt as to our willingness to concede to any shade of political opinion the right to determine its policy, I am obliged to issue a solemn warning to those who are goading the North towards secession. If you agree with my views, then I hope that in course of our deliberations tonight, you will endorse them, to enable me to publicize them in the Press.

In my opinion, the Northerners are perfectly entitled to consider whether or not they should secede from the indissoluble union which nature has formed between it and the South, but it would be calamitous to the corporate existence of the North should the clamour for secession prevail. I, therefore, counsel Northern leaders to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of secession before embarking upon this dangerous course.

As one who was born in the North, I have a deep spiritual attachment to that part of the country, but it would be a capital political blunder if the North should break away from the South. The latter is in a better position to make rapid constitutional advance, so that if the North should become truncated from the South, it would benefit both Southerners and Northerners who are domiciled in the South more than their kith and kin who are domiciled in the North.

There are seven reasons for my holding to this view. Secession by the North may lead to internal political convulsion there when it is realized that militant nationalists and their organizations, like the NLPU, the Askianist Movement, and the Middle Zone League, have aspirations for self-government in 1956 identical with those of their Southern compatriots. It may lead to justifiable demands for the right of self-determination by non-Muslims, who form the majority of the population in the so-called ‘Pagan’ provinces, like Benue, Ilorin, Kabba, Niger and Plateau, not to mention the claims of non-Muslims who are domiciled in Adamawa and Bauchi Provinces.

It may lead to economic nationalism in the Eastern Region, which can pursue a policy of blockade of the North, by refusing it access to the sea, over and under the River Niger, except upon payment of tolls. It may lead to economic warfare between the North on the one hand, and the Eastern or Western regions on the other, should they decide to fix protective tariffs which will make the use of the ports of the Last and West uneconomic for the North.

The North may be rich in mineral resources and certain cash crops, but that is no guarantee that it would be capable of growing sufficient food crops to enable it to feed its teeming millions, unlike the East and the West. Secession may create hardship for Easterners and Westerners who are domiciled in the North, since the price of food crops to be imported into the North from the South is bound to be very high and to cause an increase in the cost of living. Lastly, it will endanger the relations with their neighbours of millions of Northerners who are domiciled in the East and West and Easterners and Westerners who reside in the North.

You may ask me whether there would be a prospect of civil war, if the North decided to secede? My answer would be that it is a hypothetical question which only time can answer. In any case, the plausible cause of a civil war might be a dispute as to the right of passage on the River Niger, or the right of flight over the territory of the Eastern or Western Region; but such disputes can be settled diplomatically, instead of by force.

Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.

You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded.

Let me take this opportunity to warn those who are making a mountain out of the molehill of the constitutional crisis to be more restrained and constructive. The dissemination of lies abroad; the publishing of flamboyant headlines about secessionist plans, and the goading of empty-headed careerists with gaseous ideas about their own importance in tile scheme of things in the North is being overdone in certain quarters. I feel that these quarters must be held responsible for any breach between the North and South, which nature had indissolubly united in a political, social and economic marriage of convenience. In my personal opinion, there is no sense in the North breaking away or the East or the West breaking away; it would be better if all the regions would address themselves to the task of crystallizing common nationality, irrespective of the extraneous influences at work. What history has joined together let no man put asunder. But history is a strange mistress which can cause strange things to happen!
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Okwyjesus(m): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
aribisala0:
Not any nation

Some people are liabilities not resources

Which people are liability in Nigeria pls. I need to know
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by aribisala0(m): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Which people are liability in Nigeria pls. I need to know
Those who leave their Godforsaken lands to constitute nuisance in other people's territories

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Ovamboland(m): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
JaroMan:

FFK is a Yoruba and had called north all manner of names.
Does that mean Yoruba have called north all manner of names?
Asari is Ijaw and have called north all manner of names, does that mean Ijaws or South South have called north all of names?
Why are you so dumb?

Not only Kanu but 95% of online ibo do it. Even big lawyers like Uwwzurike lie on national TV that ipob/ESN are not the uknown gunmen, when we see them online celebrating the exploits of same UGM, and ESN brandishing guns.
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Freedom34: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
U too soji!
cool
Skyclub14:
Yes I absolutely agree that there are different strategy any region can adopt but my problem is why did the ibos choose the most degrading one by killing the self esteem of your youths? You go about saying “fulanis own Nigeria” and you expect an edo man to vote for you? When you are not even confident in yourself. An ibo man doesn’t want to be president just are very very fine working with fulani as a Vice President and the good thing about this is , the north don’t trust atiku and they are afraid that if they give him power he would be killed and ibo will take over ..this is how the ibos want to come into power

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by wolexter(m): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
Laughable asf. Same north y'all have continuously derided. Good luck with that o.
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Echoban: 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penguin2:
I suggest you don’t dwell in north alone.

Extend hands of friendship to Southwest too.

We will gain nothing grandstanding with Tinubu. Convincing him to support Igbo presidency will make all the difference.

See this one.. na now ur day break, u wey dey form kingkong dey abuse Tinubu movement. No worry wen Tinubu is done with ur clonnies u will learn Politics.

U don't know whom to fight u choose to fight and insult Tinubu and SW grin. oya now.

No worry ,vote Atiku , We are ready for u.

I'm very happy Tinubu has never pleaded for ur vote.

U guys choose the wrong Political battle in the name of paying back undecided

Something that should have been done earlier, Meet Tinubu and make alliance with him and see Igbo presidency becoming realistic. The code buhari played in 2015 and it worked for him, same in 2019..

You don't make enemy with him who has a general say among a region.

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by oyatz(m): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Gireiboy:

We northerners prefer armed conflict,that will enable us to finish what we started in 1967 wink wink wink

Are you happy with what armed Banditry and Armed Boko Haramism has done to your Adamawa State?
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Echoban: 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
aviara:

If you are a honest person, you are expected to appreciate this move and support it. In the spirit of fairness Igbo should be given the presidential ticket on all political platforms for 2023 election.

When boko haram menace started power was given to the north (Yar adua)to douse the tension in that region. When Niger delta militants started troubling the oil industry and the Nigerian economy, power was shifted to the south south (GEJ) to douse the tension in that region.

All true lovers of peace, fairness and national unity should queue and support Igbo presidency in 2023. I am not an Igbo man but I think they deserve it this time around.

U were here jubilating how PDP has zoned to North but still requesting APC zoned to SE and explaining how Igbo should b giving a fair chance

Why una dey confuse una self..

U already said u will vote Atiku, oya na let's do that at the poll. We drew battle line already.

Your only saving grace now is begging Tinubu to chill and plead for support which pride will never let u do but rather prefer to call him drug Baron. No wam. We LL meet, I'm Happ Tinubu has never begged u for vote or supportgrin
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Gireiboy(m): 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
oyatz:

Are you happy with what armed Banditry and Armed Boko Haramism has done to your Adamawa State?
We do not make noise on social media, we dealt with BH and they no longer hold any territory in Adamawa state.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Echoban: 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
aviara:

That is because the SW are selfish and greedy about occupying the seat in aso rock. They care less whether the country burns into ashes. Even if the north agrees to support Igbo for president in 2023 our fellow southerner (SW) will kick against it. This was the same thing they did in 2015. Obj (SW) did 8 years, GEJ (SS) did 6 years, Buhari (North) by 2023 would have done 8 years. It is time to support Igbo presidency. I am not an Igbo man but I believe in equity, fairness and justice. Give Igbo a chance. Microzone the presidential ticket to SE

Are u asking APC or PDP

Cox u didn't preach this wen PDP were channeling their convention somewhere else.
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Echoban: 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
aviara:

You are clearly against peace. Nobody will beg SW to support SE. If North gives their support, SS will naturally support SE, so they may not need SW to achieve their aim . SS didn't beg anybody before power was given to GEJ. Reasonable men who love peace saw it was the way to go.

U really need to learn alot in Politics bro.

Even bahari had to meet up Tinubu for SW support in 2015 , this mumu they cap wetin e no know.. grin

If SW had supported GEJ u feel he wouldn't have won. U mumu o. No wonder u always make wack politcal analysis here grin
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Ovamboland(m): 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
softwareman:

Please help me to understand this. Is this whole IPOB matter a disguised agitation for ibo presidency?
Then come out and state so.

You mean you're just knowing it's all disguise?

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Malory: 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
DMerciful:
Malory never existed-JHC!
Maybe in your dreams
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Fahdiga(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
tamdun:

Liar, just go thru this hypocrite previous comments and you'll see he is another Igbo that ain't proud of their tribe
I'm a bona-fide Yoruba man
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Okwyjesus(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
aribisala0:
Those who leave their Godforsaken lands to constitute nuisance in other people's territories

I see. You just hate lgbos then. They have their flaws but THEY ARE NEVER A LIABILITY TO NIGERIA. THEY ARE ASSET.
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Fahdiga(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
yahmohy27:

Sharrap! Big IPOB igbo man parading as a to run a man
Shatap I'm a bona-fide Yoruba man
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Fahdiga(m): 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Jackson105:

Shut your trap, I am Yoruba my foot, be proud of your tribe
Bla bla bla bla. All I know is that I'm a bona-fide Yoruba man
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by plaindealer: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
We know this already, they are the real UNITY Beggars..

grin grin grin
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Fahdiga(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
johnmartus:
Continue pressuring your mother she will tell you your biological father.
Shatap cry cry baby rule 2. I'm a bona-fide Yoruba man
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by Fahdiga(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
BafanaBafana:

You shouldn't have said that. It gave you away
I'm a Yoruba man bro
Re: Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency by aribisala0(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
Okwyjesus:

I see. You just hate lgbos then. They have their flaws but THEY ARE NEVER A LIABILITY TO NIGERIA. THEY ARE ASSET.

Always sentimental and emotional. Are you begging for love? Which one is hate?

That is not for them to say.

It is for other Nigerians to say they are assets or not,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: APC Must Win Presidency, Not End Up At Tribunal - Abdullahi Adamu / LP Postpones Ondo Rally Over Communal Clashes & Killings Happening In The State / Obi Wasted N2tr Of Anambra Funds - Dr Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.