Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu (6441 Views)

Tambuwal, Tinubu, Fashola & Clinton Hail GEJ (Pic ) / Atiku, Tambuwal, Tinubu Tell Jonathan To Prepare Handover Notes / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by emekagh(m): 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mariory:

Stop touching yourself and explain where in your infinite wisdom, you think the ACN votes should have gone. This is a simple request so there is no need to hurt that wall by banging your head on it.

ACN vote should have gone to ACN!
ACN should have presented an alternative candidate in the midst of the confusion that engulfed PDP. Whether their candidate would have won or not would have been a matter of how much the were willing to sell him as a better option.

But obviously someone in ACN wasn't thinking right! A new dawn is upon us, let work and pray for a better tomorrow!
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by efisher(m): 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2011
Grand Deception of the highest order.

ACN was simply used as a tool to achieve pre-election deals struck between GEJ and the NW. The PDP kingmakers had already decided this matter long ago. What better way to hand it to NW, than by the hands of the powers of the SW (to whom it was zoned)? ACN simply played the devil's advocate. How can anyone fall for this obvious prank?

"National Interest" is just a cover for NW compensation. I believe now more than ever that OBJ and Tinubu are best of friends in secret. They only appear to be enemies in the news. These boys are playing the music we like to hear when the real deal is going on behind the scenes. Talk of national deception. SMH!
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2011
Adejoro74:

The last time I checked, not just Tinubu (ACN), but APGA, ANPP and the rest of the popular opposition parties were invited/flown to Abuja. Tinubu is only one among others flying presidential jet for GEJ's own political strategy.

So in your warped and shallow mind, those are irrelevant too? Were the other party present when odechukwu flew to Lagos just to beg Tinubu for his support before the elections?

Ode x 10. Stop walking on your brain.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
efisher:

Grand Deception of the highest order.

ACN was simply used as a tool to achieve pre-election deals struck between GEJ and the NW. The PDP kingmakers had already decided this matter long ago. What better way to hand it to NW, than by the hands of the powers of the SW (to whom it was zoned)? ACN simply played the devil's advocate. How can anyone fall for this obvious prank?

"National Interest" is just a cover for NW compensation. I believe now more than ever that OBJ and Tinubu are best of friends in secret. They only appear to be enemies in the news. These boys are playing the music we like to hear when the real deal is going on behind the scenes. Talk of national deception. SMH!

Regardless and at the end of the day, they had 2 PDP candidates to pick from. What if they just didn't have enough support to float their own candidate since they are not the majority?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Mariory(m): 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2011
emeka_gh:

ACN vote should have gone to ACN!
ACN should have presented an alternative candidate in the midst of the confusion that engulfed PDP. Whether their candidate would have won or not would have been a matter of how much the were willing to sell him as a better option.

But obviously someone in ACN wasn't thinking right! A new dawn is upon us, let work and pray for a better tomorrow!

Sad as it sounds that is not how politics works in the real world. However, like I said in my previous post time will judge.

*Tick Tock*
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

So in your warped and shallow mind, those are irrelevant too? Were the other party present when odechukwu flew to Lagos just to beg Tinubu for his support before the elections?

Ode x 10. Stop walking on your brain.

At least now you know Tinubu is not the only one seeing GEJ. GEJ can see any of them (opposition parties) for his own selfish reasons. At the end of the day, each of them is relevant only to their own party and region. Tinubu (ACN) is relevant in SW (minus Ondo), APGA is relevant in SE, LP is relevant in Ondo, etc. So take your Tinubu is the most formidable politician in Nigerian blah! blah!! blah!!! and shove it down your throat. Unrepentant Tinubu ar-se licker
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
Adejoro74:

At least now you know Tinubu is not the only one seeing GEJ. GEJ can see any of them (opposition parties) for his own selfish reasons. At the end of the day, each of them is relevant only to their own party and region. Tinubu (ACN) is relevant in SW (minus Ondo), APGA is relevant in SE, LP is relevant in Ondo, etc. So take your Tinubu is the most formidable politician in Nigerian blah! blah!! blah!!! and shove it down your throat. Unrepentant Tinubu ar-se licker

Olodo, I want you to show us where GEJ sent his jet to ferry agpa or whatever you mentioned,

President Jonathan, THEWILL gathered, had on Monday held a closed-door meeting with former Lagos State Governor and ACN founder, Asiwaju Bolaji Ahmed Tinubu and the incumbent Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) in Abuja.

While the details of the meeting held was not disclosed, a follow-up meeting has been on-going at an undisclosed venue in Abuja, where President Jonathan is currently meeting with Tinubu and Fashola amongst other leaders of ACN on how to secure at least 25 percent of the votes in the Yoruba states.

A presidential jet was despatched to Lagos to ferry Tinubu and Fashola to Abuja on Tuesday night for the meeting.
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/49833/1/presidential-politics-jonathan-in-secret-talks-wit.html

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 7:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^^^^
Was Tinubu ferried to Abuja after the election and others were not so ferried? GEJ used his jet to win Yoruba votes before the election. That means just a simple flight on a presidential plane gets your vote-thats too cheap. You fail to follow GEJ's strategy: Gej did not need to fly APGA because APGA had already adopted him as their flag bearer. He only needs to use any means possible, including a flight to Abuja, to win over your votes and that is exactly what he did. Now let us see him fly Tinubu again to Abuja. Get my logic, olodo rabata. If Tinubu is powerful beyond the SW, let him tell Ngige what to do in Anambra. olodo
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
Adejoro74:

^^^^^^
Was Tinubu ferried to Abuja after the election and others were not so ferried? GEJ used his jet to win Yoruba votes before the election. That means just a simple flight on a presidential plane gets your vote-thats too cheap. You fail to follow GEJ's strategy: Gej did not need to fly APGA because APGA had already adopted him as their flag bearer. He only needs to use any means possible, including a flight to Abuja, to win over your votes and that is exactly what he did. Now let us see him fly Tinubu again to Abuja. Get my logic, olodo rabata. If Tinubu is powerful beyond the SW, let him tell Ngige what to do in Anambra. olodo

Trust me, the whole world sabi his strategy and that's why ibo people are still crying all over the place screaming betrayal. You don't cater to irrelevant people because they will do what ever you ask them to do like ibo people. You only go after the relevant and critical folks. This is common sense, but a clueless olodo like you no go ever sabi.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

Trust me, the whole world sabi his strategy and that's why ibo people are still crying all over the place screaming betrayal. You don't cater to irrelevant people because they will do what ever you ask them to do like ibo people. You only go after the relevant and critical folks. This is common sense, but a clueless olodo like you no go ever sabi.

Hahah! Olodo Logic. You do not need to waste time chasing what is already yours: Igbo vote was already packaged for GEJ by Igbos themselves. You chase what is not available to you using any means possible. [/b]In this case, a mere flight in a presidential jet gets your entire YORUBA vote for GEJ, even after calling you rascals and thugs right in your face. Until you show me where GEJ flew Tinubu to Abuja in a presidential jet (and did not fly other party leaders) [b]after the election, the rest of your monologue is fit for the dustbin.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by seanet03: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
Adejoro74:

Hahah! Olodo Logic. You do not need to waste time chasing what is already yours: Igbo vote was already packaged for GEJ by Igbos themselves. You chase what is not available to you using any means possible. [/b]In this case, a mere flight in a presidential jet gets your entire YORUBA vote for GEJ, even after calling you rascals and thugs right in your face. Until you show me where GEJ flew Tinubu to Abuja in a presidential jet (and did not fly other party leaders) [b]after the election, the rest of your monologue is fit for the dustbin.
Your points are not only irrelevant but also they are devoid of any logical sense. Why must you heap your stinking garbage on Tinubu every time he takes an Action? You need mental check up.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by OAM4J: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
So far so good! Let it not get hotter than this pls.  cool
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2011
Adejoro74:

lmao,  This is very funny. Last time I checked, Yoruba states claimed back every inch of their states from GEJ/PDP while your people recycled the same incompetent and corrupt leaders and remain under PDP slavery. Oh, I forget, den reward the whole of ibo land with SGF position?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

lmao,  This is very funny. Last time I checked, Yoruba states claimed back every inch of their states from GEJ/PDP while your people recycled the same incompetent and corrupt leaders and remain under PDP slavery. Oh, I forget, den reward the whole of ibo land with SGF position?

This is the height of ridicule. Igbo voted for GEJ and came out with 3 positions
Yoruba voted for GEJ and came out with zero position, nada, nothing, blank.lol
This guy, Eko Ile, must be breathing via his anus. No simple common sense.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by aljharem3: 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
Adejoro74:

This is the height of ridicule. Igbo voted for GEJ and came out with 3 positions
Y[b]oruba voted for GEJ and came out with zero position, nada, nothing, blank.lol[/b]

and are you happy about that ? please say the truth
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Wizardofoz: 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2011
jara:

[size=18pt]He hinted that he personally instructed all ACN members to vote for Tambuwal and not to collect a kobo from any other candidate.[/size]
In his speech, Chief Bisi thanked the lawmakers, noting that he was proud of them and that the ACN would continue to play such formidable role in this administration.

Wow!

Here comes Emperor Tinubu's reign. It seems to me that one of the scariest thing about the neologism of contemporary Nigerian politics is that we are really setting ourselves up for Fascism.

Taking dissents out of our political life, we are pretty much gradually slipping into authoritarianism, hence creating hunger that will drive us to a state that would eventually make us accept fascism because the nice thing about fascists is that they will tell you want to do, how to act, how to vote, what to think, and what is important.

And, this is how they start. More annoying, than ACN not fighting for SW's interest, is Tinubu dictating to ACN 'honorables' what to do.

May God save us in the SW.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by jensinmi(m): 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Wow!

Here comes Emperor Tinubu's reign. It seems to me that one of the scariest thing about the neologism of contemporary Nigerian politics is that we are really setting ourselves up for Fascism.

Taking dissents out of our political life, we are pretty much gradually slipping into authoritarianism, hence creating hunger that will drive us to a state that would eventually make us accept fascism because the nice thing about fascists is that they will tell you want to do, how to act, how to vote, what to think, and what is important.

And, this is how they start. More annoying, than ACN not fighting for SW's interest, is Tinubu dictating to ACN 'honorables' what to do.

May God save us in the SW.

Thank you very much WizardofOz

ACN = The Tinubu show.

That would have been ok if Tinubu were God (infallible). HE ISN'T

And Tinubu cannot be said to be working in the best interest of the common man.

The question I always people is this

IS THE ENEMY (Tinubu)  OF MY ENEMY (PDP) necessarily my friend or could he also be my enemy??

Because you and I have a common enemy does not make us friends. It may seem that way for a while, but not for long.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EzeUche1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
Some of my brothers are very happy, I must say. I do not like this Northern hegemony in the center, but at least the Ndigbo have a voice. It is better than not having any voice.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Blazay(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
Former Lagos State governor and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu has named[size=20pt] national interest[/size] as the reason ACN members in the House gave a bloc vote to the candidature of Tambuwal, which led to his subsequent emergence as Speaker. Tinubu gave this insight at a reception in honour of ACN House members at the Ogun State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Typical Yoruba!

Kai! cry
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by bashr4: 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
confused SW
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
Adejoro74:

Yoruba voted for GEJ and came out with zero position, nada, nothing, blank.lol

Of use are your ridiculous and worthless positions when you are still slaves under the same incompetent and corrupt? The new SGF and some other ibo dude were once senate leaders and my question to you now is, what precisely did they do for ibo people? what did their positions delivered on behalf of the ibo people? please tell us.

The joke is on you dum.my.

Shameless people,

Whatever Asiwaju Tinubu is doing wey dey give ibo people blood pressure must be very good, I hope and pray to God to give Asiwaju more energy, long life and vitality to keep doing what he's doing and keep giving you people many many more sleepless nights.

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu

Amen
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Rhino5dm: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
So when will the SE test the 'rotational' presidency grin grin

Give a fool a sparkling stone and he will run to the diamond man.

The former SFG came from a town called Azare in Bauchi state and he was NOT even notice and yet all that the WHOLE SE could get is SFG even with their cooked magic numbers? Glorified paper shredder grin

ko ni da fun GEJ for maltreating the Igbos like this tongue tongue
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Obiagu1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
Who cares?

Welcome to the new face  of Nigeria

[size=20pt]Varezobia[/size]
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Rhino5dm: 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^  For the sake of stuupidity am playing along

Vare(GEJ obj's stooge)   zo(sambo,tambuwal,mark)    bia() certainly not Anyim the gigantic massenger with a fish braingrin grin grin grin. . .where do you get your bia from??

When is the SE turn to rule they cowardly and stuupidly gave it out for peanuts.

"Give a foool Alloy metal he will run to the goldsmith".
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by ektbear: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2011
Some of these folks here, ACN would have to be out of their damn minds to take political advice from
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by houvest: 11:32pm On Jun 07, 2011
MISTAKE NO1 FOR TINUBU IN THIS DISPENSATION.

AS I HAVE BEEN SAYING. HE NEEDS AFENIFERE FOR ADVICE AND BALANCE. AFENIFERE WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE SOPHISTICATED AND WHOLISTIC AND FAR-SIGHTED IN THEIR APPROACH HERE. BUT IT APPEARS TINUBU'S MAIN GUIDE HERE WAS THE FEAR OF WHAT HAPPENED TO AD IN THEIR 2003 SUPPORT OF OBJ. I REALLY FEAR FOR TINUBU IF HE ONLY IS HIS ONLY COUNSEL. IT REMINDS ME OF WHAT MADIEBO WROTE IN HIS BOOK THAT OJUKWU TOLD HIM DURING THE CIVIL WAR WHEN HE ASKED HIM WHO WERE MEMBERS OF THE MILITARY ADVISORY COUNSEL OF BIAFRA . MADIEBO SAID OJUKWU ANSWERED HIM THAT THE MEMBERS WERE EMEKA, ODUMEGWU AND OJUKWU AND THAT MADE HIM REALISE WHY BIAFRA MADE SOME BLUNDERS. NO MAN IS INFALLIBLE AND WHEN SUCH MEN AS THIS BECOME TOTAL RULERS AS TO INSTRUCT MEMBERS OF HIS PARTY WHOM TO VOTE FOR WITHOUT A DEBATE BY THE PARTY TO DECIDE THEIR DIRECTION AS A BODY, IT IS SERIOUS AS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE DESTINY OF A WHOLE REGION AND MORE THAN THAT, THAT DESTINY WILL AFFECT THE WHOLE NATION IN THE LONG RUN SINCE NO REGION IS STILL IMMUNE FROM HAPPENINGS IN THE OTHER.

TIME WILL TELL AS A POSTER SAID ABOVE.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Obiagu1(m): 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
[size=32pt]Varezobia![/size]
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by sbeezy8: 11:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
GOOD POLITICKING! WHAT ELSE WILL MAKE PDP IMPLODE THAN A CANDIDATE THAT THE PARTY DOESNT SUPPORT?

ACN is like the only political strategist- now that pdp is dying zoning is for sure bout to be dead,

DEF opens the door for ACN in the future

[size=14pt]I LOVE IT[/size]
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by sbeezy8: 11:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]I CANNOT WAIT TILL 2015 LOL

PDP GO SEE WAHALA!
[/size]
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by houvest: 12:09am On Jun 08, 2011
sbeezy8:

GOOD POLITICKING! WHAT ELSE WILL MAKE PDP IMPLODE THAN A CANDIDATE THAT THE PARTY DOESNT SUPPORT?

ACN is like the only political strategist- now that pdp is dying zoning is for sure bout to be dead,

DEF opens the door for ACN in the future

[size=14pt]I LOVE IT[/size]

sbeezy8:

[size=13pt]I CANNOT WAIT TILL 2015 LOL

PDP GO SEE WAHALA!
[/size]

I am surprised that the politically savvy sbeezy is thinking like this.
With this imbalance in the power equation, pray we get there in one piece. Imbalance  in a system always creates upheavals if not corrected and nobody will be safe. The right politics is fighting for balance and justice in the system first and then planning for your opponent to trip second not the other way round. If there is no Nigeria or no peace in Nigeria by 2015, there will be no politics and no political parties. No PDP, No ACN. No Nothing.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 12:33am On Jun 08, 2011
Tinubu would simply sell your votes again to non-Yoruba in 2015. Of course Yoruba will not rule Nigeria until Igbos have. There are more Igbos than Yoruba in Nigeria; so if you wish, don't vote for us we do not vote for you; you need us to win, we need you to win. Everybody's eyes are now open. With support from SS, Igbos shall go the distance. Our support for GEJ is not just for GEJ; it was strategic thinking aimed at the SS in the future. If you do not support us, we do not support you and at the end of the day, the North takes the cake from both of us. Who loses?

Igbo got 3 slots out of their labor
Yoruba got zero for the same labor. I wonder what is there to even compare.

Dumb people reason as though only ACN governors can perform
Amechi (Rivers), Enugu, Jigawa, Akwa Ibom etc are all PDP; Obi is APGA, and they are performing without using megaphones to blast their performance. Performance has to do with the right candidate not with a party. Okorocha is APGA and hopefully, he will also perform. Tinubu was ACN (or its forbear) how did he perform? How did all his colleagues in the former AD of SW perform? Its been only a few years since and people are already twisting history.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by sbeezy8: 12:44am On Jun 08, 2011
theres the north vs se in 2015 pdp primaries

NW alone has more delegates than ss n se put together

who will win?
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Wife Asks President Jonathan To Resign Immediately / ‘How Metuh Disbursed N400m For Media Project’ - Witness / Restructuring: Fayemi Urges S’west Leaders To Adopt New Strategies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.