Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu (6439 Views)

Tambuwal, Tinubu, Fashola & Clinton Hail GEJ (Pic ) / Atiku, Tambuwal, Tinubu Tell Jonathan To Prepare Handover Notes / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by HyeBits: 12:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
@emmatok, I completely agree with you that If the SE can get a leader to move them out of PDP to APGA, i tell you they wont hesitate to declare BIAFA REPUBLIC.

But no leader to take Ibos to the promise land they hail, and the fear of how long they will have to sniff Norther PDP asses.

Sorry for Ibos in quagmire. I guess these are the reasons they are angry. Ndo omo Igbo.

@Fadhill, I got your points.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Boyoorisha: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
2mch:

ACN is the biggest disgrace in the whole of SW. All they have going for themselves is the Fashola name brand. Buch of thieves and criminals supporting thieves and criminals to fill their own pockets. Then they come and shout progressive. Accord party will take over where they left off. It is time to leave Tinubu behind. He has refused to join the progressive train, and rather trying to feed his pocket. let us be real here and stop screaming nonsense. This is rubbish playing before our eyes. Yoruba are too smart for Tinubu. If you dont want to bring progress we will leave you behind. He also did not Ashiwaju anything, that was all done by Fashola. Fashola better wake up and take over the party, because i will rather canvass for votes for PDP for 2015 than ACN.
You are still leaving with 10th century idea, God will deliver you!
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by sammhi(m): 3:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
i think a lot of people here dont know what it means to belong to a political party. you loose some freedom  when you do. the party dictates to you what to do . what PDP ,ACN and APGA have done is all right when you are in a political party. the party takes the decision and you folow it. if you dont, then you wil be sanctioned so that you dont create disension and  disharmony in the party. a political party ensures that its memebers are disciplined and loyal and one way to show it is to abide by its decisions which may not attune to your own interest sometimes.
the only way to have your freedom is to be an independent candidate which the nigerian constitution does not recognise. it is only an independent candidate(s) in a legislature that votes whomever he likes.
A political party have leaders and they make the rules and if you are patient enough, you will one day make rules for others too. or if you dont want to wait , then form your own party and make whatever rules you like, but remeber too that anybody joining you will have to abide by your riules if not, there will be chaos
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Buckie10: 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2011
The Nigerian leadership finally have us exactly where they want us, in us i mean the future generation of this country who are suppose to have an open and objective mind. Is democracy about waiting for a leader to tell you who to vote for? Does anyone know for a fact where the new speaker stands on issues the South West hold dear? What gives us the impression Tinubu, Osoba and Akande share the same views on issues as majority of the South West do? For all those who worship at the altar of tribalism and believe at some point Nigeria will disintegrate i have news for you the current crop of Nigeria leaders are one and the same as the ones we have had since the first coup, selfish, arrogant, ignorant of the problems of the people they are meant to be leading,lack of ideas of how to fix the problem we collectively share and worst of all they are all incredibly greedy. All these traits allow the status quo to be maintained to the deterrent of the populace. It's a shame all these so called leaders come out and make pronouncements for the people without actually guaging what the people really want. My main gross as you can tell is with this self styled leaders, Osoba and Akande have now suddenly turned senior errand boys for Tinubu, what a life? The last paragraph hints Tinubu personally instructed all members to vote one way and not to collect money from anyone else, is that inferring that they should collect money from the right candidate? The same representatives we have sent to the centre to protect our interest are now collecting money on the say so of a leader, not realising the real leaders are those men and women in their various constituents who against all odds went out and voted for them. The difference between Awo and all this pretenders is simple Awo knew who held the real power and that is the people. South Westerners are a very jealous set of people and they have no qualms in demystifying any one, history confirms this and in time all so called leaders will be tested one way or the other and their true beliefs and where they stand will be demonstrated to the people they arrogantly claim to lead. Till then let them continue to enjoy the centre stage.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by marvel4ben: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
This man called Tinubu is shamelesss. for him to have come out openly and tell the yorubas that he asked the ACN to cast their votes for Tambuwal.this man is talking about national interest.pls tell him to remove that national and replace it with personal interest, where is the national interest Tinubu is claiming when yoruba son and daughter were short change in the national position?what credibility has Tambuwal got thatAdeola did not have?what is the criterial Tinubu choose in choosing Tambuwal over Adeola?i thoink thois is high time all the yoruba son and daughter should come together and say no more to Tinubu, when tinubu know that ACN cannot contest for the positiion of speaker,if truely he loves yorubas as he claimed, what stop him from supporting MULIKAT in the name of yorubas and tell you do not support her as A PDP candidates?i think the yoruba says OMO ENI KI SE IDI BEBERE KAFI ILEKE SI IDI OMO ELOMIRAN?, Tinuba and his ACN has disgrace yoruba because they have hidden agenda, then let me talk about 69 hon.who could not reason on their own by telling Tinubu that they will vote for Mulikat, offend Tinubu and become an Hero in yoruba political history, bunch of fulls.IT IS HIGH TIME THE YORUBAS GO BACK TO THE MAIN STREAM OF NIGERIA POLITICS, (PDP).if not more injury is still awaiting us.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2011
Buckie10:

The Nigerian leadership finally have us exactly where they want us, in us i mean the future generation of this country who are suppose to have an open and objective mind. Is democracy about waiting for a leader to tell you who to vote for? Does anyone know for a fact where the new speaker stands on issues the South West hold dear? What gives us the impression Tinubu, Osoba and Akande share the same views on issues as majority of the South West do? For all those who worship at the altar of tribalism and believe at some point Nigeria will disintegrate i have news for you the current crop of Nigeria leaders are one and the same as the ones we have had since the first coup, selfish, arrogant, ignorant of the problems of the people they are meant to be leading,lack of ideas of how to fix the problem we collectively share and worst of all they are all incredibly greedy. All these traits allow the status quo to be maintained to the deterrent of the populace. It's a shame all these so called leaders come out and make pronouncements for the people without actually guaging what the people really want. My main gross as you can tell is with this self styled leaders, Osoba and Akande have now suddenly turned senior errand boys for Tinubu, what a life? The last paragraph hints Tinubu personally instructed all members to vote one way and not to collect money from anyone else, is that inferring that they should collect money from the right candidate? The same representatives we have sent to the centre to protect our interest are now collecting money on the say so of a leader, not realising the real leaders are those men and women in their various constituents who against all odds went out and voted for them. The difference between Awo and all this pretenders is simple Awo knew who held the real power and that is the people. South Westerners are a very jealous set of people and they have no qualms in demystifying any one, history confirms this and in time all so called leaders will be tested one way or the other and their true beliefs and where they stand will be demonstrated to the people they arrogantly claim to lead. Till then let them continue to enjoy the centre stage.

Obviously, the only issue guiding your reasoning is your dislike for the folks involved and not the policy because this is the way it's done everywhere on the face of the earth. Even in America the land of democracy, lawmakers toe the party line and not the other way around, they call them the opposition for a reason. Your job is to act and behave like the opposition, not to say yes to everything the opposition throws at you especially on issues like house speaker elections.

Do you know what they call lockstep and party unity in politics? It means you follow the dictates of your party for the survival of your party and the people that sent you there to look out for them since they didn't ask you to go there and cater to the opposition, they didn't vote for the opposition for a reason.

When you cast your votes, you are basically authorizing the candidates to speak on your behalf and if what they are doing on your behalf is not cutting it, you get rid of them the next time around like what we witnessed in the SW during the last elections.

A lot of us are very naive and ignorant about democracy because it's a new concept and system of government to us, what we are sitting here condemning is the norm in other democratic societies.

Politics is not a game of sentiments.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by johnie: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
Eko, so what is your take on PDP lawmakers not following the party lock-step?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
johnie:

Eko, so what is your take on PDP lawmakers not following the party lock-step?

That was their party's internal wahala and I care less. The opposition remains the opposition and will always do what's best for their party and people back home.

Obviously, there was no incentive for the ACN to back the SW PDP candidates.

You are not a true opposition and you have no business as the opposition if all you do is create opportunities and advantages for your opponents. You checkmate your opposition to gain advantage, create leverage and bargaining power to effectively deliver for your people back home.

This is politics and the way it's supposed to be played.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Buckie10: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2011
Hypocrisy is fast approaching an unprecedented level in Nigerian politics, the opposition had a candidate for the presidential election but choose to support the so called opposition because of certain interests now they seem to have found their sense of reasoning and realised they are meant to be the opposition. If you believe my reasoning is based on sentiments then the proper thing to do would have been to read and ignore not sure the need for you to educate my ignorant self about how politics is operated "everywhere on the face of the earth".
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 5:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
Buckie10:

Hypocrisy is fast approaching an unprecedented level in Nigerian politics, the opposition had a candidate for the presidential election but choose to support the so called opposition because of certain interests now they seem to have found their sense of reasoning and realised they are meant to be the opposition. If you believe my reasoning is based on sentiments then the proper thing to do would have been to read and ignore not sure the need for you to educate my ignorant self about how politics is operated "everywhere on the face of the earth".

And they did this how? Or you were part of the hypocrisy? Stick to what you know and can prove and leave the baseless stuff alone.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by johnie: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

Even in America the land of democracy, lawmakers toe the party line and not the other way around, they call them the opposition for a reason. Your job is to act and behave like the opposition, not to say yes to everything the opposition throws at you especially on issues like house speaker elections.

Do you know what they call lockstep and party unity in politics? It means you follow the dictates of your party for the survival of your party and the people that sent you there to look out for them since they didn't ask you to go there and cater to the opposition, they didn't vote for the opposition for a reason.

I agree with you that lawmakers generally vote along party lines even in the grand ol' US of A but the question I have is this: "Are they really representing the people's interests or their own interests when all they are after is to oppose for the sake of blocking the other party and making it appear to the people that they are serving the people's interests?"
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
johnie:

I agree with you that lawmakers generally vote along party lines even in the grand ol' US of A but the question I have is this:  "Are they really representing the people's interests or their own interests when all they are after is to oppose for the sake of blocking the other party and making it appear to the people that they are serving the people's interests?"

It's very obvious what they are doing. There was zero self interest because no personal gains was involved. The idea was to strengthen their position within the chambers in Abuja and gain advantage politically back home in the SW.

1. Depriving the SW candidates the leadership positions in Abuja discounts and negate their influence back home

2. The sent a message through the hall of power in Abuja that they are a force to be reckoned with back home and in Abuja

3. Strengthening their positions and amazing political leverage, IOUs and favors enables them to bargain for federal attention back home in terms of infrastructures and other dividends.

4. There was nothing to gain for the ACN as a political party and on behalf of the people back home by going along with the PDP establishment, their job is to deny them political advantages, not help and give it to them.

5 A divided PDP makes their their job easier, not harder.

The elected PDP House leadership are now indebted to the ACN some some favors so I see smooth sailing for some ACN sponsored bills in the house.

All in all, it was a good move on their part.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by abacus(m): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2011
I like the emergence of Tambuwal as speaker but I hate Tinubu.

Dear all, prepare for the rise and fall of Jagaban of Borgu Kingdom, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

He hinted that he personally instructed all ACN members to vote for Tambuwal and not to collect a kobo from any other candidate.

Pride goes before fall ,
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Buckie10: 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
Eko ile you are getting hot under the collar over someone else's opinion! You do realise that democracy allows for opinions other than yours. It isn't a must to comment on opinions that differ to yours, you need to stop contradicting yourself and just read and absolve posts from other people. Why you need to show you are more enlightened is beyond me! Probably compensating for something else!!!
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
Buckie10:

Eko ile you are getting hot under the collar over someone else's opinion! You do realise that democracy allows for opinions other than yours. It isn't a must to comment on opinions that differ to yours, you need to stop contradicting yourself and just read and absolve posts from other people. Why you need to show you are more enlightened is beyond me! Probably compensating for something else!!!

Stick to the issues and leave rubbish and sentiments alone. Debate if you have something to debate or keep to yourself if you have nothing to debate.

Only foolish and gullible people absolve and swallow falsities.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Buckie10: 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
Eko the internet is a massive place you can choose to ignore me, your insults don't help you win the argument. So the folks from Oyo that voted for the SW candidate are not part of the South West? Isn't it common knowledge that your leader supported the ruling party during the presidential election yet am the one being gullible and absolves falsities as you stated. Since you are privy to all the going on's of the opposition you can continue to educated ignorant, gullible and falsity absolving beings like us on how politics work.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
Buckie10:

Eko the internet is a massive place you can choose to ignore me, your insults don't help you win the argument. So the folks from Oyo that voted for the SW candidate are not part of the South West? Isn't it common knowledge that your leader supported the ruling party during the presidential election yet am the one being gullible and absolves falsities as you stated. Since you are privy to all the going on's of the opposition you can continue to educated ignorant, gullible and falsity absolving beings like us on how politics work.

The people of the SW voted for and sent the ACN to Abuja, not the PDP. Hate to lecture you again.

And please, dont talk to me about common knowledge, talk to me about facts.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by bugmenot: 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
@ johnie

My apologies for the stalking. I left you a message on the "Lekki Axis" thread at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-367311.672.html, and was hoping to bring your attention to it. Let me know if it's too much trouble. Many thanks!
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by micath09(m): 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
This is absolutely nonsense, tambuwal or not, it's still the same crop of people. If we can air our views in this forum, why not began a mass mobilization of "Arab Springs" style of protest via the internet to liberate our nation of all these "aninis".
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by karlmax2: 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
After ACNvoted for tambuwal he has begged his PDP family so people who yap that the PDP is divided and ur messiah took advantage of that think again

Assures of cooperation to party, Jonathan

The crisis of confidence within the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with the election of Aminu Tambuwal as Speaker of the House of Representatives and Emeka Ihedioha as his deputy, contrary to the party’s decision, was resolved Wednesday with Tambuwal formally apologising to the party for their action.

Tambuwal and Ihedioha arrived the national secretariat of the party in Abuja at 1.50 p.m. and few minutes after their arrival, the acting national chairman of the party Haliru Bello, came to join other members of the party’s National Working Committee who were already seated inside the conference room.

Tambuwal, who was dressed in flowing blue gown contrary to the South-South outfit on the day he was elected, told Bello and other party leaders “we are here this afternoon to pay you your due respect and to say here and now that all that we did was not intended in any way to either undermine our party or out of disrespect for our party.”
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by johnie: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

The elected PDP House leadership are now indebted to the ACN some some favors so I see smooth sailing for some ACN sponsored bills in the house.

Really?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Mariory(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2011
Zoning Crisis: Jonathan To Compensate S’west, N’east

President Goodluck Jonathan has promised that the imbalance in the body politic caused by the election of a new speaker and deputy speaker in the House of Representatives will be redressed through other appointments. . .
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-686459.0.html

Does this mean we can now all STFU and move on?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by ak47mann(m): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
;d ;d
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by aribisala0(m): 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2011
there is no imbalance. i do not think any compensatory yoruba appointments are necessary. yorubas made a choice not to vote pdp and should live with the consequences.
there is nothing new about this we saw the same thing b/w 1979-1983 and the sky is still where it is.

there were no compensatory appointments then so, kini big deal

anyhow what we need are good public servants whereever they can be found.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by johnie: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
EzeUche1:
I pity those who believe in Tinubu. He only cares about his own interest and not the interest of his own people. ACN controls the South-West and everyone has to pay homage to Emperor Tinubu. Welcome to the new South-West.

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by johnie: 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
EkoIle1:

It's very obvious what they are doing. There was zero self interest because no personal gains was involved. The idea was to strengthen their position within the chambers in Abuja and gain advantage politically back home in the SW.

1. Depriving the SW candidates the leadership positions in Abuja discounts and negate their influence back home

2. The sent a message through the hall of power in Abuja that they are a force to be reckoned with back home and in Abuja

3. Strengthening their positions and amazing political leverage, IOUs and favors enables them to bargain for federal attention back home in terms of infrastructures and other dividends.

4. There was nothing to gain for the ACN as a political party and on behalf of the people back home by going along with the PDP establishment, their job is to deny them political advantages, not help and give it to them.

Eko, do you still hold these views?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by GoldCircle: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
The chickens have come home to roost. I like this piece. defeat can be a very hard pill to swallow sometimes.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by johnie: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
EkoIle1:

That was their party's internal wahala and I care less. The opposition remains the opposition and will always do what's best for their party and people back home.

Obviously, there was no incentive for the ACN to back the SW PDP candidates.

You are not a true opposition and you have no business as the opposition if all you do is create opportunities and advantages for your opponents. You checkmate your opposition to gain advantage, create leverage and bargaining power to effectively deliver for your people back home.

This is politics and the way it's supposed to be played.

What goes around comes around!
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by BishopMagic: 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
This bastard has been deceiving yorubas since 1999 AD

1 Like

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by jara: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
Thank you for bringing this up again.

Tinubu has never been loyal to anyone, not even his mother who he threw under the bus. Anyone relying on him must be very cautious.

Yes, he has his use, like using fire to fight fire. Otherwise rely on him at your own risk.

BishopMagic:
This bastard has been deceiving yorubas since 1999 AD

1 Like

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by BishopMagic: 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
[Tinubu, who drove into the reception venue in company of Chief Segun Osoba, said he was under tremendous pressure to toe the line of the PDP to support a South West candidate for the position but had to halt his support for any candidate based on his conviction that the legislature was a separate arm of government that should be allowed to produce its own leaders independently.

Then why has the bastard been struggling to control NASS since 2015?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Pictures Prooves That Buhari’s Daughter Isn’t As Beautiful As We All Thought / Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE / Ondo: All APC Gubernatorial Aspirants Collapse Structure, Endorse Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.