Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (23962 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by PSVITA(m): 7:08am On Nov 23, 2021
Nwaotu10:

Anambra state, sir.

WhatsApp me, you will see my number on my signature.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ashley86400: 11:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
kjhova:

Curiosity heals this cat and an enquiring mind hurls this guy everywhere. I'm an avid devourer of all war histories (Hitler, Kaiser Wilhelm, Napoleon, Kublai Khan, Alexander, Hannibal, Xhun Xhu, Robert Lee, Santa Ana, Ojukwu, Bashorun Latoosa, Xaka Zulu...all of em!) and anything else ever put in print and placed in front of me!

That said, the Nazi concept of Lebensraum was actually developed from their understanding of the spread of Europeans in the Americas (to the detriment of the natives) and the spread of the early Hebrews in the levant to the detriment of the so-called Canaanites!

Omo, I thought I was the only one that liked history and free thinking o.
Lebenraum was a bad idea from the beginning, Germany were a 120 years too late. After the French Revolution and the period of enlightenment, spreading and permanent occupying of other lands wasn’t as easy to achieve (minus Africa sha, everything is easy to achieve here).
Lebenraum was just greed wrapped up in a fancy ideology. Thankfully from the east the Red army, put an end to that dream.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by kjhova(m): 6:22am On Nov 24, 2021
Ashley86400:

Omo, I thought I was the only one that liked history and free thinking o.
Lebenraum was a bad idea from the beginning, Germany were a 120 years too late. After the French Revolution and the period of enlightenment, spreading and permanent occupying of other lands wasn’t as easy to achieve (minus Africa sha, everything is easy to achieve here).
Lebenraum was just greed wrapped up in a fancy ideology. Thankfully from the east the Red army, put an end to that dream.

It was also based on a decaying idea that some humans are more human than others who the Nazis considered as untermenschen (sub humans). As it went with history, the "sub-humans" from the East utterly conquered the supposed supermen and subjugated their country for another 45 years!

Speaking of Africa, it remains strange to me that more Africans subscribe to white supremacist beliefs that Africans are less human compared to Europeans and Asians! I cringe when I hear or read comments like "the whites are too much" or "black man mentality" from fellow Africans on forums like this one! I believe it's due to a serious lack of knowledge of human history.

This is why there remains a perennial cultural clash between native African Americans and new migrant Africans! They just can't relate to the level of self loathing and white worshiping that Africans seem to enjoy.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ashley86400: 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
kjhova:

It was also based on a decaying idea that some humans are more human than others who the Nazis considered as untermenschen (sub humans). As it went with history, the "sub-humans" from the East utterly conquered the supposed supermen and subjugated their country for another 45 years!

Speaking of Africa, it remains strange to me that more Africans subscribe to white supremacist beliefs that Africans are less human compared to Europeans and Asians! I cringe when I hear or read comments like "the whites are too much" or "black man mentality" from fellow Africans on forums like this one! I believe it's due to a serious lack of knowledge of human history.

This is why there remains a perennial cultural clash between native African Americans and new migrant Africans! They just can't relate to the level of self loathing and white worshiping that Africans seem to enjoy.

It’s sad.
The nazis exploited the stupid concept of the obermensch and the untermensch to a gullible public.
Let’s just thank nature for a more peaceful period.

Dm me on Instagram @ashley86400 so we can talk more. I know some nice videos you can watch if you’re interested in history like I am.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by kjhova(m): 6:17am On Nov 25, 2021
Ashley86400:

It’s sad.
The nazis exploited the stupid concept of the obermensch and the untermensch to a gullible public.
Let’s just thank nature for a more peaceful period.

Dm me on Instagram @ashley86400 so we can talk more. I know some nice videos you can watch if you’re interested in history like I am.

So sorry, I don't do insta and twitter is presently no more as I don't do vpn too. Nonetheless, all officially respectable documentaries and books on war history are available for free or at a cost all over the internet. I'm very wary of new age videos thou, I mean those ones by some unrecognized chap with nice graphics etc but lacking critical qualifications on the subject. They are all over the internet too, sadly.

I appreciate the offer, my friend, but I wonder if any of these videos will serve anymore than my collection of William Shearer's books or History Channels official World War 2 - The History videos.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ashley86400: 7:07am On Nov 25, 2021
kjhova:

So sorry, I don't do insta and twitter is presently no more as I don't do vpn too. Nonetheless, all officially respectable documentaries and books on war history are available for free or at a cost all over the internet. I'm very wary of new age videos thou, I mean those ones by some unrecognized chap with nice graphics etc but lacking critical qualifications on the subject. They are all over the internet too, sadly.

I appreciate the offer, my friend, but I wonder if any of these videos will serve anymore than my collection of William Shearer's books or History Channels official World War 2 - The History videos.

Lol, everything you said just sounds like you flaunting
your ego.
No one knows all on history as there’s always some more information to be learnt.

Generally, I read broadly on history, astrology and space, science and engineering, it’s usually hard finding someone to share knowledge with.
Thanks for the conversation, anyways.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 12:53am On Dec 09, 2022
Ashley86400:

Lol, everything you said just sounds like you flaunting
your ego.
No one knows all on history as there’s always some more information to be learnt.

Generally, I read broadly on history, astrology and space, science and engineering, it’s usually hard finding someone to share knowledge with.
Thanks for the conversation, anyways.
Have a nice day.

grin
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by jaxin119: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
kjhova:
I was mid teen when I started to really questing the Bible, church and by extension, religion as a whole. My eager venture into my sciences triggered a reevaluation of the beliefs I held dear from childhood. So I asked a bucket load of questions which my church elders couldn't answer in any intelligent manner.

1) Who made God?
2) if there's a God, isn't that enough proof that there may be gods?
3) the universe is geologically older than the 6,000 years proposed by creation story?
4) how do you believe that snakes, donkeys etc have conversations with mentally healthy humans?
5) you do know that mental ailment is purely physical. How's Jesus healing by casting out demons?
6) what was the practical sense for Jesus turning water into alcoholic beverage at a party? To proof his messiahness or for show off?
7) Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Saul, David, Samuel etc seem to me like Hebrew supremacists and bigots who committed several acts of genocide and mass murder of innocent people. How are they saints?
cool Talking of Joshua. He stopped the sun from moving across the sky for 1 day? Are you crazy
9) If Bishop Oyedepo turned 1 shawarma into 2,000 basketful of shawarma in your presence, would you dare eat it? Is the Jesus story rational?
10) a whale had Jonah in it's digestive system for 3 days and he lived?
11) God and his arch enemy, Satan, really took a bet on Job leading to the killing of his 24 innocent children just to prove what point?!
12) God hardened pharaoh's heart, then ended up killing him and his soldiers for doing what same God hardened his heart to do!?
13) Moses had an israelite & his Medianite mistress murdered for breaking law on foreign women while he has a Medianite wife too??
14) Lot's wife turns into sodium chloride, all for looking back? Really??
15) specifically, why does a 33 years old guy have to be murdered for me to be saved? Saved from what, exactly?
16) Paul was a male chauvinist, and an usurper who never met Jesus. His conversion story seem more bullocks than credible.
17) what was the credentials for the "children" of israel being ordained as god's people and the rest of us, gentiles who must be wiped out to create "lebensraum" for the Hebrews?
18) creation story suggests that the stars hang in the "firmaments of the heavens" (AKA sky). That's easily debunked by any JSS1 Geography student!
19) who influenced David to conduct israel's 1st census? Kings said it was God. Chronicles said it was the Devil!
20) The crucifixion narrative of all 4 gospels don't rhyme! Either 3 are fade or they are all lies!
21) Give me biblical backing for having church denominations with papas and daddy and mummy GOs?
22) how's the bible creation story different from that of Odudua? Why do I have to accept theirs and reject mine?
23) when we do find proof of life outside this tiny blue planet of ours, would we need a "newest testament" to accommodate the expiration of the current one?

I got disillusioned with church before turning 18 years. One required a certain level of brain emptiness to find meaning in there.

😉😉😉
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by smartr: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2023
Tired of repeating clothes to church. I remember borrowing from my younger brother who happens to be an atheist. Felt like I was just wasting my time. Every bloody year I go through hardship at the end of the year despite going to church and all. Make my situation improve first sha. I know I’ll change my mind 😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church During Campaign / Traders Beat 'Demons' Out Of Their Unsold Car Spare Parts In Lagos (Video) / We Live in a 3D World. The Spirit World is 4D Plus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.