Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (23966 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by thaoriginator: 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
When I found Islam

Coming from a weak islamic background attended a Catholic boarding sec Sch and it was compulsory to go to church on Sundays. Although some students were stubborn and refused to attend, but I was always an obedient person.
After attending church the 1st I liked it almost immediately. I soon started speaking in tongue as we were praying. The next Sunday I attended without being compelled to. That was how I started going to church. My elder sister was also a practising christianity as she always had her bible tucked under pillow alws.
I left that sch as I was always falling sick and my dad decided he had had enough.
Coming back home, my cousin back then was a student of uniben and was really into Islam. So he started introducing us to Islamic materials and it wasn't long before we (me and my elder sister and our entire family) became very convinced and embraced Islam wholeheartedly.
Sabah Al Khair.. baraka'llah Kathiran.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Danmisra(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
This picture shows the objective of churches(business) not worshipping God. If Muslim say, that Christianity and Bible were corrupted by materialistic pastors and jews. The ignorant ones will be angry. The pastors will never tell the truth because of the money the get from the followers, also they can't warn or caution them seriously and sincerely from stopping fornication, taking alcohol, etc because if they do so the their source of funds is gone. Islam is the only religion that is similar to christianity but better it is not a materialistic religion, it is logical, and matches every race, tribe, period, and circumstances with evidences to lay upon and can debate with all other religion and win with logic and evidences from Holy scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ajalekoko76(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
Corona virus Pandemic reset my brains. I realized that so ordinary virus can prevent me from going to church, I am bigger than virus I decide when to go church without having self regret. During locked down ALL religious leaders agreed that TRULY home is a church that you can pray and God answer you in your domain, then why gathering? The reasons for gathering were grossly abused by African clergies. Let no one say Pastor or other members of church no matter ooooooo or I should not look at that direction. If I don't it become sin because I pretend all is well and I failed to wipe those turning House of God to seeds collection/tithes collection � LET'S WORSHIP GOD IS SPIRIT AND TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by DaRuud(m): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Food for thought...

1. Pacelli School For The Blind, Surulere Lagos. Established 1962.
Number of visits by "Men Of God" who had come to pray for the blind students: Over 5,000.
Number of students actually cured from Blindness through their Prayers: ZERO.

2. National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi Lagos. Established 1945. It has 450 beds which have always been filled to capacity. Number of Bones reset or Limbs regrown through miracles: ZERO.

3. Lagos Island General Hospital is the first to be established in Nigeria in 1893. It has a fully functional Mortuary (since records began) just before Nigeria gained independence. Number of people raised from the dead BY ANY MAN OF GOD,, spiritually or otherwise... ZERO.

These are verifiable, well documented FACTS. The reason WHY miracles have not been recorded in these mentioned places is because they keep BEFORE & AFTER Records. And also, the patients are REALLY Blind, ACTUALLY Disabled, and CONFIRMED Dead. Statistics don't lie. Reality don't deceive.

So, if I may ask the religiously Overdosed simpletons reading this... Are you not bothered that your intelligence is being ridiculed by all these unsubstantiated miracles happening to other people in churches, crusades, and other stage-managed religious gatherings? The recipients of these so-called miracles are people who you don't know their actual identity, or where they live, or the real verified nature of their ailments, or any documented proofs, etc etc etc...

I have asked several times WHY are these miracles only happening in Africa. Are we really this dumb as a people The late Reinhard Bonkke spent 50 years raising dead people back to life in Africa. He did not raise a single dead body in his country Germany, or in the whole of Europe & America. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Is it only Africans that can be raised from the dead

Anyways...

Whether I talk or not, people who wear Okirika clothes to church today will still drop money for Pastors who wear Armani Suits ... People who are struggling to pay rent will still drop money for Pastors who own Mansions ... People who struggle to pay school fees will drop money for Pastors who own schools ... People whose kids can't sleep at night because of Mosquitoes will still drop money for Pastors whose kids are living abroad ... People who struggle to pay for Uber will still drop money for Pastors who own fleet of expensive cars... People whose old parents are living in relative lack, poverty, and suffering will still be shouting "Tithe Is Working For Me" ... Then later, they will start disturbing their friends and families for financial assistance, while their Religious Dealers, sorry Leaders, control billions of different currencies.

How can people be so comfortable with being so gullible? Religiously overdosed people are actually proud about the fact that they are being scammed, swindled, and taken for a ride! They will even ask you "Is It Your Money?". Let's face it ... It's easier to fool most people, than to convince them that they have been fooled. But they can only fool themselves, they can NOT fool Reality.

I understand the situation in the country. Things are hard. People turn to "Help From Above" mostly because they are Helpless...Hopeless ... Hapless. Yes Religion gives you Hope. Yes I know. But when you pay for this Hope, it's no longer from any God. And it's not genuine. The only ones who got richer in that arrangement, are the Middle Men collecting the payment on behalf of whatever God. That is just your Pastor's JOB. You are just their side hustle.

An Abuja Pastor even said " Your Destiny Is Tied To Your Pastor", & the people shouted "Amen!". Imagine that ... A whole Destiny tied to just one man What happens if the Pastor dies before YOU!!! Your Destiny would be buried with him!!!

Most Pastors don't only fleece you of the little hard-earned money you have, they also make a concerted effort to control your entire existence... T,hey tell you how to dress, how to look, what to eat, when to fast & pray, when to marry, who to marry, who to associate with, what jobs to do, when to work, what to do with your money ...even when to travel etc ... Your entire existence is subject to the whims, caprices & manipulations of just one Man, ALL IN THE NAME OF "GOD SAID... GOD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU...".

This morning, I've seen 2 video clips...

The first one was on the wall of my UK Chairman, Michael Adeosun ...and it only proves one thing. Nigerians are so religious because poverty has been weaponized by the elites. If you see the Prayer Requests of most Nigerians, you'd realise that what they need is actually Good Governance, Functional Institutions & a System that works.

Conclusively...

These words and thoughts are my own, and it's something that makes me wonder why some people are so religiously volatile but mentally dormant. I'm so perplexed.

Religion is not the problem of the black man... The black man is the problem of Religion. Because there are many things we could have copied from the white man, but we chose Religion and gave it our full concentration... And now we've cooked it until it's overdone!

QED.

Nahunger:
Many Christians have backslided from attending church service due to one reason or the other.

I am no here to judge, I only wish you can tell us your peculiar reason and hopefully someone might be here to advice you on what to do.

No one is perfect, we all learn from birth to death always have a open heart to the endless possibilities been alive.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by DaRuud(m): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
Food for thought...

Number of visits by "Men Of God" who had come to pray for the blind students: Over 5,000.

2. National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi Lagos. Established 1945. It has 450 beds which have always been filled to capacity. Number of Bones reset or Limbs regrown through miracles: ZERO.

3. Lagos Island General Hospital is the first to be established in Nigeria in 1893. It has a fully functional Mortuary (since records began) just before Nigeria gained independence. Number of people raised from the dead BY ANY MAN OF GOD,, spiritually or otherwise... ZERO.

These are verifiable, well documented FACTS. The reason WHY miracles have not been recorded in these mentioned places is because they keep BEFORE & AFTER Records. And also, the patients are REALLY Blind, ACTUALLY Disabled, and CONFIRMED Dead. Statistics don't lie. Reality don't deceive.

So, if I may ask the religiously Overdosed simpletons reading this... Are you not bothered that your intelligence is being ridiculed by all these unsubstantiated miracles happening to other people in churches, crusades, and other stage-managed religious gatherings? The recipients of these so-called miracles are people who you don't know their actual identity, or where they live, or the real verified nature of their ailments, or any documented proofs, etc etc etc...

I have asked several times WHY are these miracles only happening in Africa. Are we really this dumb as a people The late Reinhard Bonkke spent 50 years raising dead people back to life in Africa. He did not raise a single dead body in his country Germany, or in the whole of Europe & America. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Is it only Africans that can be raised from the dead

Anyways...

Whether I talk or not, people who wear Okirika clothes to church today will still drop money for Pastors who wear Armani Suits ... People who are struggling to pay rent will still drop money for Pastors who own Mansions ... People who struggle to pay school fees will drop money for Pastors who own schools ... People whose kids can't sleep at night because of Mosquitoes will still drop money for Pastors whose kids are living abroad ... People who struggle to pay for Uber will still drop money for Pastors who own fleet of expensive cars... People whose old parents are living in relative lack, poverty, and suffering will still be shouting "Tithe Is Working For Me" ... Then later, they will start disturbing their friends and families for financial assistance, while their Religious Dealers, sorry Leaders, control billions of different currencies.

How can people be so comfortable with being so gullible? Religiously overdosed people are actually proud about the fact that they are being scammed, swindled, and taken for a ride! They will even ask you "Is It Your Money?". Let's face it ... It's easier to fool most people, than to convince them that they have been fooled. But they can only fool themselves, they can NOT fool Reality.

I understand the situation in the country. Things are hard. People turn to "Help From Above" mostly because they are Helpless...Hopeless ... Hapless. Yes Religion gives you Hope. Yes I know. But when you pay for this Hope, it's no longer from any God. And it's not genuine. The only ones who got richer in that arrangement, are the Middle Men collecting the payment on behalf of whatever God. That is just your Pastor's JOB. You are just their side hustle.

An Abuja Pastor even said " Your Destiny Is Tied To Your Pastor", & the people shouted "Amen!". Imagine that ... A whole Destiny tied to just one man What happens if the Pastor dies before YOU!!! Your Destiny would be buried with him!!!

Most Pastors don't only fleece you of the little hard-earned money you have, they also make a concerted effort to control your entire existence... T,hey tell you how to dress, how to look, what to eat, when to fast & pray, when to marry, who to marry, who to associate with, what jobs to do, when to work, what to do with your money ...even when to travel etc ... Your entire existence is subject to the whims, caprices & manipulations of just one Man, ALL IN THE NAME OF "GOD SAID... GOD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU...".

The first one was on the wall of my UK Chairman, Michael Adeosun ...and it only proves one thing. Nigerians are so religious because poverty has been weaponized by the elites. If you see the Prayer Requests of most Nigerians, you'd realise that what they need is actually Good Governance, Functional Institutions & a System that works.

Conclusively...

These words and thoughts are my own, and it's something that makes me wonder why some people are so religiously volatile but mentally dormant. I'm so perplexed.

Religion is not the problem of the black man... The black man is the problem of Religion. Because there are many things we could have copied from the white man, but we chose Religion and gave it our full concentration... And now we've cooked it until it's overdone!

QED.

NOETHNICITY:
When I found Islam

Coming from a weak islamic background attended a Catholic boarding sec Sch and it was compulsory to go to church on Sundays. Although some students were stubborn and refused to attend, but I was always an obedient person.
After attending church the 1st I liked it almost immediately. I soon started speaking in tongue as we were praying. The next Sunday I attended without being compelled to. That was how I started going to church. My elder sister was also a practising christianity as she always had her bible tucked under pillow alws.
I left that sch as I was always falling sick and my dad decided he had had enough.
Coming back home, my cousin back then was a student of uniben and was really into Islam. So he started introducing us to Islamic materials and it wasn't long before we (me and my elder sister and our entire family) became very convinced and embraced Islam wholeheartedly.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by OBALOLA55(m): 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
When I found Islam

GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE NOW A MUSLIM NGENEUKWUENU
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by SeriouslySense(m): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
smiley wink wink
shegzbillionz:

I will be picking it one by one and I would advice you to think outside the box to give you more understanding.
1.firstly the message of faith and truth?
Message which says that any other person who doesn’t believe in their own is condemned, now think of billions of people who are born into non Christian families and believes in their own religion 100% as you do with Christianity and the omini scient(all knowing) God creates such people everyday knowing they will are grow and die being in those religions so therefore they are condemned before creation. Spiritual advices and prayers?..firstly the earlier you understand that the ‘spiritual’ u added have zero effect on the what u should have said as ‘advices’ , normally everyone be it any religion gets a good advice if sought rightly from the right people, there are nothing special. For prayers so you mean non Christian who don’t pray to a god are the most unfortunate people? Then you must be carried away.
2.worships? My dear music is music, a good music is pleasant to every ear that hears it, same way is the music you call worldly has penetrate the heart of people’s heart and put them in different mood or even change their live.
3.firstly it depends on what you call the service of God... now these people you see at the church are not really out there for the service!!!, most are there to showcase and oppress others with their wealth, know this and know peace, otherwise there won’t be both rich and poor in the church, they should use all they have to put fellow church members through so we know they are submitted to service of God.
4.this is where you are deceived the most!!!, y’all believe the shit you donate to the greedy men on suits are for God’s work, wake up u make them more richer and they help their families why you and yours remain poor or ever trying to get rich. If you wanna do sacrifice, go to the market roads orphanage homes and prisons people need it more, now tell your self the real truth and know how many times you have done that, I believe no matter the extent of talk the heart has its conscience. As for transferring pastors up and down, every business enterprises do so if the person in question isn’t meeting up to the level of the audience they have.
Now for you to say what u mentioned is not what I think yeah it’s true, cuz I expected you to mention more than this, so talking about miracles?... how many times have you taken those crippled people in your neighborhood or at the roadside for healing if you think they are real, they will do arrangee for you and you will be shivering,
This is exactly the reason black people are lagging. The earlier you wake up the better for you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by martinmiller: 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
I am not against you taking a decision not to go to church, are you attending any church before now, why did you leave or stop?.

There is a church where a truly known believer belongs, the bible says forsake not the gathering of the brethren. A church is like a school were you continuously learn and know more about the word of God.

If a church is not adding to you life within the space of three months, leave the place and find where your heart connects with Jehovah and that your prayers are answered. How will a true believer says that I stop going to church because of that of this.

The truth is you are not a believer from on set, a true believer needs nourishing of the world of God, jus like a plant needs water, without watering the plants might die, and so is the same with a believer if you don't attend class you will soon forget what you have learnt.

Christianity is not a religion or a religious practices, it is a lifestyle and a quality relationship between you and God, you don't go to church to serve pple or your pastor. Understand that you are going there to worship God not god of man. There is a mystery behind going to church (class) as a true believer, God words is God time which a true believer must understand and joke not with it.

It is your assignment to find where your spirit connect with (church) and stay and grind there has you remain there and listen to the word of God you are transformed, nourished continually. I read many comments and I know many are not true believer because if you are you won't lament or say because the Pastor is this or that or that many shenanigans are happening in the house of God, focus and stop giving excuses or start rabble rousing the whole issue.

The thing is many Nigerians are religious but are unGodly. I will stop here.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by SeriouslySense(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lo, I am not supporting anybody, but I love some words,

Like as you said,he never said sleep in church, which i presume, you refer to long hours of church service.

LZAA:

God bless you my brother
So many Nigerians fail to see things from this angle
God said come to me
He never said sleep in church
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Oju4190: 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
Anytime I go to church I will b struggling with sleep whenever the sermon is going on.....so I kukuma decide to stay house and sleep wella

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by sonmvayina(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
ictplotter:

I was there during the era of rev. Father Patrick Ogbonwan. I heard he is late now, then his perish resident was at no 1 omorogbe street, few km away for the church. We all eating n wining there at father's house.

It is Festus ogbomwan...then I might know you..because we used to go there a lot...wao..
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Teerach: 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
I didn't say it was a Catholic church, I said it was a Catholic sch.
So I think it was a church program organised and managed by the senior students, because our deputy senior prefect then was a born again and he was the pastor of that very program.
Alright sir. I now get you.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by blackfase(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Religion is a scam... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Bruno3000(m): 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
Uyi168:
with their repeated, albeit a little twisted boring sermons.

In all, nothing worthwhile actually happens there.
I'm telling you. Its no fun attending most of these churches. I attended one church and the pastor was like "if u cannot speak in tongues come out and let me teach you" I was like wtf! When did u become The Holy Spirit?

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nwaotu10(m): 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
shegzbillionz:
lmao... no be only 1k na here u go see say every Christian wicked pass buhari
Lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
DaRuud:

Food for thought...

Anyways...

Conclusively...

QED.

Stop this racist abomination!!!

Taliban and many other non-African manifestations of religious sewage exist.......
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by sonmvayina(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
ictplotter:

I was there during the era of rev. Father Patrick Ogbonwan. I heard he is late now, then his perish resident was at no 1 omorogbe street, few km away for the church. We all eating n wining there at father's house.
Do you know Benedict jatto?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Matthewdan(m): 1:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
I discovered there's more love and truth in the street than there's in the church know this and know peace.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
SeriouslySense:
smiley wink wink

shegzbillionz never had to generalize needlessly...

Blacks are not lagging....

We have talented/rich Blacks all over the world......

Period!!!!
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by SeriouslySense(m): 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
smiley smiley smiley

I guess why I don't go to church often, I think, I thrive in natural frequency, which is not confined by a control system or is superficial, neither do I like being forced to do things, i don't understand or appreciate nor being exploited or exploiting other people.

Let the Church follow the important commandment of Love and service.

I think we all contribute to the negativity and should understand that we should improve.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by ictplotter(m): 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
sonmvayina:

Do you know Benedict jatto?
Do you know Abraham, father Ogbonwan brother who was staying with father? I think there was up three Benedict i know there. U know the church is a very large church.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
Iyaebe:
look for any Christ embassy church around you or you follow pastor Chris oyakhilome on YouTube. Where is your location?

North East
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by LZAA: 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
SeriouslySense:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lo, I am not supporting anybody, but I love some words,

Like as you said,he never said sleep in church, which i presume, you refer to long hours of church service.

Lol
I get ya
But the Nigerian model of church worship is so wrong
You have protestants saying catholics worship statues but that is not true
Then you have the so called mega pastors preaching prosperity while their members live in stark penury

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by planetx: 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
How come we have the most churches in the world but the poverty capital in the same sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by FlatEarthGuy20(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
18. The sky does hang in the firmament of the heavens. The Earth is flat. ThE globe/spherical/round earth is satanic lie.....The school books lied. Nasa lies the government lies..to cover up the truth....Open your Eyes...
kjhova:
I was mid teen when I started to really questing the Bible, church and by extension, religion as a whole. My eager venture into my sciences triggered a reevaluation of the beliefs I held dear from childhood. So I asked a bucket load of questions which my church elders couldn't answer in any intelligent manner.

1) Who made God?
2) if there's a God, isn't that enough proof that there may be gods?
3) the universe is geologically older than the 6,000 years proposed by creation story?
4) how do you believe that snakes, donkeys etc have conversations with mentally healthy humans?
5) you do know that mental ailment is purely physical. How's Jesus healing by casting out demons?
6) what was the practical sense for Jesus turning water into alcoholic beverage at a party? To proof his messiahness or for show off?
7) Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Saul, David, Samuel etc seem to me like Hebrew supremacists and bigots who committed several acts of genocide and mass murder of innocent people. How are they saints?
cool Talking of Joshua. He stopped the sun from moving across the sky for 1 day? Are you crazy
9) If Bishop Oyedepo turned 1 shawarma into 2,000 basketful of shawarma in your presence, would you dare eat it? Is the Jesus story rational?
10) a whale had Jonah in it's digestive system for 3 days and he lived?
11) God and his arch enemy, Satan, really took a bet on Job leading to the killing of his 24 innocent children just to prove what point?!
12) God hardened pharaoh's heart, then ended up killing him and his soldiers for doing what same God hardened his heart to do!?
13) Moses had an israelite & his Medianite mistress murdered for breaking law on foreign women while he has a Medianite wife too??
14) Lot's wife turns into sodium chloride, all for looking back? Really??
15) specifically, why does a 33 years old guy have to be murdered for me to be saved? Saved from what, exactly?
16) Paul was a male chauvinist, and an usurper who never met Jesus. His conversion story seem more bullocks than credible.
17) what was the credentials for the "children" of israel being ordained as god's people and the rest of us, gentiles who must be wiped out to create "lebensraum" for the Hebrews?
18) creation story suggests that the stars hang in the "firmaments of the heavens" (AKA sky). That's easily debunked by any JSS1 Geography student!
19) who influenced David to conduct israel's 1st census? Kings said it was God. Chronicles said it was the Devil!
20) The crucifixion narrative of all 4 gospels don't rhyme! Either 3 are fade or they are all lies!
21) Give me biblical backing for having church denominations with papas and daddy and mummy GOs?
22) how's the bible creation story different from that of Odudua? Why do I have to accept theirs and reject mine?
23) when we do find proof of life outside this tiny blue planet of ours, would we need a "newest testament" to accommodate the expiration of the current one?

I got disillusioned with church before turning 18 years. One required a certain level of brain emptiness to find meaning in there.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Polynek(m): 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2021
femi4:
Oh! You need details

Your mission in Church is for the following reasons:

1. It was a command from God

2. To unite the body of Christ even as we worship God together.

3. Encourage one another and build our faith

4. Share with one another materials, spiritual knowledge and otherwise.
Okay ok nice write-up
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ifyjos(f): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
I graduated, waiting for my certificate
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
Because it’s all complete nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
Crystyano:

shegzbillionz never had to generalize needlessly...

Blacks are not lagging....

We have talented/rich Blacks all over the world......

Period!!!!
Very good.
Now check the status quo per rich and talented blacks, how many of them still carry bibles around or take church matters on their head, how many broke away in quest for wealth...
If you can even find then it would be church leaders of all sorts which are even in disguise so don’t be deceived.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by zadokchidi: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
Religion are the problem in this world

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by kjhova(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
barragan:

Actually many of your concerns are logically answerable. Don't get me wrong, they are genuine but I think they stem from misunderstanding.

While you're joining the endless list of those who attempted logical answers to the illogical imagery of the bible I raised, kindly stick the below to the answers:

a) a prophet called a bear to devour 40 young faithfuls for deriding his bald head.
b) a bronze age farmer managed to construct a boat to house his family and all the animals on Earth for more than 40 days!
c) Moses parted the red sea to allow Israelite refugees cross the dry sea bed!
d) God made the moon to provide "light of the night"! The moon has no light of its own!!!
e) God instructed in Deuteronomy that punishment for a rapist is to marry his rape victim!!!
f) If a rape occurs within city limits, both the criminal and the victim are to be stoned to death!!!
g) Outright religious intolerance by Elisha for organizing the extrajudicial murdering of 400 Baal priests!
h) Samson is nothing more than a deviant Hebrew thug ingeniously honoured in the bible for terrorizing neighboring Philistia.

There are more oddities but I'm getting bored with all of it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
shegzbillionz:

Very good.
Now check the status quo per rich and talented blacks, how many of them still carry bibles around or take church matters on their head, how many broke away in quest for wealth...
If you can even find then it would be church leaders of all sorts which are even in disguise so don’t be deceived.

Well
I don reason Bible till the thing tire me....

I don reason religion till the thing tire me...

I don reason life tire...

But no need for suicide...

Death fit come on e own at anytime....

Las las

E no pass 60 -70 years to chop wetin remain for this life ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

We Live in a 3D World. The Spirit World is 4D Plus. / Traders Beat 'Demons' Out Of Their Unsold Car Spare Parts In Lagos (Video) / Iginla Donates N10m To A Muslim Acid Victim, Sponsors Her To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.