Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover (46798 Views)

Enugu Councillor, Nelson Sylvester, Shot Dead (Graphic Photos) / Gistlover Apologises Sarcastically To Dino Melaye / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi's Supporters Are Cyber Bullies Of The Worst Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover by 27Pushing30: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Exactlyyy. I am NOT in favour of a witchhunting targeted at innocent folks, but these are kids here. If the real parents aren't protecting their wards, this wouldn't be a thing. How hard is it just to bring your child out?? How hard? The child is still under you, and you're responsible for the child. Any access to the child would be through you as the parent. They are not of legal age yet! And nobody is saying parents or family members should pay for the crimes of their kids - but don't obstruct justice. Simple.

How can you say, 'justice should be served to Sylvester and his family' on one hand and still support the hiding of the accused kids by their parents on the other??

Ok. Fine. It's wrong blasting their pics and private details online and all of that for public condemnation. But people are only doing all these because there is a void. If things are being done well and the right processes are being followed, then there would be no place for wrongs like these and jungle and public opinion justice.

In American law during an arrest the person must be properly mirandized

Have you ever seen a police officer mirandize anyone in Naija

If this were your own kids involved would you just toss them out to the waiting hands of the IRATE MOB? Or to the unprofessional police?

Even the Oxford shooter’s parents are doing their best to help their kid.

They’re just being parents
Re: Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover by Magnoliaa(f): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
27Pushing30:
In American law during an arrest the person must be properly mirandized

Have you ever seen a police officer mirandize anyone in Naija

If this were your own kids involved would you just toss them out to the waiting hands of the IRATE MOB? Or to the unprofessional police?

Even the Oxford shooter’s parents are doing their best to help their kid.

They’re just being parents

Oh. So tell me what alternative you would suggest then. What would you prefer to be done? Since, we have an inadequate justice system and incompetent authorities, how should this case be solved?

Everybody knows Nigeria is shit. And how nothing works. Yet we keep clamoring for justice everyday, cussing out the police and the 'leaders.' Why?

Or you would rather we don't do anything at all. The whole country should be turned upside down and people left to carrying out jungle justice for themselves, since according to you nothing works.

Mob bad, police bad, parents will always be parents and kids bad too. The innocent lots and victims should suck up whatever they experience. Ok. I perfectly get you. Because I do not see any other alternative that works.

Make we just dey look as the country is going to the dogs.
Re: Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover by 27Pushing30: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Oh. So tell me what alternative you would suggest then. What would you prefer to be done? Since, we have an inadequate justice system and incompetent authorities, how should this case be solved?

Everybody knows Nigeria is shit. And how nothing works. Yet we keep clamoring for justice everyday, cussing out the police and the 'leaders.' Why?

Or you would rather we don't do anything at all. The whole country should be turned upside down and people left to carrying out jungle justice for themselves, since according to you nothing works.

Mob bad, police bad, parents will always be parents and kids bad too. The innocent lots and victims should suck up whatever they experience. Ok. I perfectly get you. Because I do not see any other alternative that works.

Make we just dey look as the country is going to the dogs.
In every aspect of our daily lives we assume DIFFERENT roles ... i.e in just one day a man can play the role of a loving father, a faithful husband , a quiet Neighbour, an annoying boss, a family centric sibling , a dutiful son etc .. basically how you relate with a person is dependent on the role you were naturally assigned towards that person -

Right now the role of the deceased family is to cry out for justice.

The families of the alleged killers’ role is to find the best solution for their wards.

The police’s role is to investigate and prosecute where a case is established

The government’s role is to ensure speedy conclusion of this case due to the national uproar it has caused

Your role is to ensure pressure is mounted on GOVERNMENT AND POLICE to ensure this case isn’t swept under the carpet

You cannot vilify the alleged killers family members for playing the natural roles they are supposed to... you have no right to demand they just give up their son... Only the victims family has that right.
Re: Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover by Magnoliaa(f): 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
27Pushing30:
In every aspect of our daily lives we assume DIFFERENT roles ... i.e in just one day a man can play the role of a loving father, a faithful husband , a quiet Neighbour, an annoying boss, a family centric sibling , a dutiful son etc .. basically how you relate with a person is dependent on the role you were naturally assigned towards that person -

Right now the role of the deceased family is to cry out for justice.

The families of the alleged killers’ role is to find the best solution for their wards.

The police’s role is to investigate and prosecute where a case is established

The government’s role is to ensure speedy conclusion of this case due to the national uproar it has caused

Your role is to ensure pressure is mounted on GOVERNMENT AND POLICE to ensure this case isn’t swept under the carpet

You cannot vilify the alleged killers family members for playing the natural roles they are supposed to... you have no right to demand they just give up their son... Only the victims family has that right.

So what is your point exactly? What are you saying? I thought you alluded to the mass being mad and to the authorities being incompetent earlier.

Are those the same set of people that you expect to assume sensible roles now? Will all you've outlined happen under the US laws or under the Nigerian justice system? The accused parents will not be responsible for their kids who are yet adults? Abi the accused will eventually not be available for interrogations and investigation?

Did you read my comment at all? Vilify who? Where? Oh, sorry, Mr Role Sharer. I didn't know I was not supposed to comment anymore on public issues.
Re: Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover by Ifylicious: 9:32am On Dec 06, 2021
Ikegwuru:
What is this nonsense? Jobless people on the prowl, seeking daily to deprive hard working people their daily bread. What's the connection between the woman's place of work and her son's crime. This good woman has done her part. She sweats heavily and paid dearly to have her son trained properly and that's why he sent the son to the school. It's not her fault that the boy succumbed to bad influence in school. You want to wipe away an entire family because of sin of just a member. A minor at that? HABA, there is God.

And by the way we went to boarding school. We received terrible punishment from our seniors. Thank God I changed to a saner school.

There is a connection. She should produce her son to the authorities or risk Wing sacked
Re: Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover by TheKingIsHere: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
How do we know your mother is a good woman?

Maybe we should ask your mother if she's a good woman?
Re: Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover by mondee02(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
Ikegwuru:
What is this nonsense? Jobless people on the prowl, seeking daily to deprive hard working people their daily bread. What's the connection between the woman's place of work and her son's crime. This good woman has done her part. She sweats heavily and paid dearly to have her son trained properly and that's why he sent the son to the school. It's not her fault that the boy succumbed to bad influence in school. You want to wipe away an entire family because of sin of just a member. A minor at that? HABA, there is God.

And by the way we went to boarding school. We received terrible punishment from our seniors. Thank God I changed to a saner school.

May Almighty God bless you and your entire family for properly making use of your brain to think and reason well.... Thank you...

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
AMEN and AMEN

mondee02:

May Almighty God bless you and your entire family for properly making use of your brain to think and reason well.... Thank you...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Writes INEC To Allow Him Transport Election Materials / Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) / Loved Up Photo Between Peter Obi And His Wife at Ibadan Today

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.