Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children (1424 Views)

Love Of Your Life Can't Have Children. Deal Breaker? / My Advice To Guys Who Intend To Marry But Are Not Dat Financially Bouyant. / I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by MistaMann: 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2021
When I checked the percentage of people that don't want to have children in the USA it was staggering yet most of them struggle to find partner( from my observation from comments on Facebook groups)

Now compare this with Nigeria or Africa, what are the odds to find a partner?

Cc: Contumely loveliveshere DIG1 dowjones Klass99 phazotron folake4u Cannicus mysticgal tiredNigerian oceanized25 ChiamakaO93 kelvinrhs Olorunnim HannahHitler melody91 olalekan9320 Breaststroke ebonyggurl sabanageorge

Are you now married, found a partner or in any kind of relationship with someone with this mindset?
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by MufasaLion: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2021
People with same mindset should be together. Even though, having some mindset like this is frowned upon in Africa but I believe two adults with this mindset can defy the odds and love the life they want. Family can't decide for them! Their peace and fulfillment is paramount.

I support anybody with whatever ideology as long as it's not illegal.

1 Like

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2021
I'm not sure where you got that from. Most people abroad who want to get married do want to have kids. I don't know anymore who wants to get married but doesn't want kids.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by odinson1(m): 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
Then why do you want to get Married?

Children is the only thing men Gain in marriage. Aside that,there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a Sane man in this 21st century to get married.

Are you getting married for companionship or "Unlimited sex"?

1 Like

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
MistaMann:
When I checked the percentage of people that don't want to have children in the USA it was staggering yet most of them struggle to find partner( from my observation from comments on Facebook groups)

Contumely loveliveshere DIG1 dowjones Klass99 phazotron folake4u Cannicus mysticgal tiredNigerian oceanized25 ChiamakaO93 kelvinrhs Olorunnim HannahHitler melody91 olalekan9320 Breaststroke ebonyggurl sabanageorge

Are you now married, found a partner or in any kind of relationship with someone with this mindset?

to an African, children is a source of WEALTH, not in the west!
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by SeaTrade(m): 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2021
odinson1:

Children is the only thing men Gain in marriage. Aside that,there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a Sane man in this 21st century to get married.

How are children man's only gain in marriage asides from being liabilities?
Personally,I do not want to have them,if at all I will,just one daughter is enough(a pretty one.)
Well,maybe I'm still too young to know but honestly I'm not a fan of all that family stuff.
Just having a friendly companion is all I think I will ever need.

1 Like

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Sonnobax15(m): 7:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
lipsrsealed
How person go come life,cor just decide to marry but no wor born? undecided. Wetin you come this life come do na?

1 Like

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
Even those that practice gay and lesbian want kids cheesy

1 Like

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Aboks(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2021
ok
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by CaptainAyub: 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
MistaMann:

Contumely loveliveshere DIG1 dowjones Klass99 phazotron folake4u Cannicus mysticgal tiredNigerian oceanized25 ChiamakaO93 kelvinrhs Olorunnim HannahHitler melody91 olalekan9320 Breaststroke ebonyggurl sabanageorge

What you're looking for can't be found in Africa and is only obtainable in the developed world.There,a child could be a distraction or irritant b/w you and a wife.
Contrary to what you think,for a man in Nigeria,children are the only joy you get in a marriage.
To 98% of Nigerian women, a husband is just the next ATM when her father hands-up responsibilities towards her.
Maybe it's the economy or patriarchal system but Nigerian women don't know no companionship.
If she's among the rare ones able to have a career or money of her own,you are still a safety net.The person to be abused when the school fees and rents don't get paid on time.
Na "is it not your mates" you go de hear everyday if devil punish you you no fit de meet up every time.
My work entails I hear these complaints from couples everyday and I tell you most solemnly,Nigerian men are endangered species.
Little wonder there are mostly widows and very few widowers.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Newyorkitis(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

to an African, children is a source of WEALTH, not in the west!

Children are wealth anytime any day.
Otherwise, can the West explain to us why they prefer our young energetic population to migrate for the wheels of progress and development of their country because they are faced with aging population?
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Cholls(m): 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2021
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2021
Newyorkitis:
Children are wealth anytime any day.
Otherwise, can the West explain to us why they prefer our young energetic population to migrate for the wheels of progress and development of their country because they are faced with aging population?

you are comparing apples with oranges... just because the west prefer that "your" children slave for them (instead of their own children) is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand.
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Newyorkitis(m): 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

you are comparing apples with oranges... just because the west prefer that "your" children slave for them (instead of their own children) is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand.

I don't need your validation, sir.
Parents who give birth to children with good reputation see their children as an achievement while those whose children are bringing pain will not see such children as an achievement.

China's useful population is her strength.... That is different from Nigeria's case and i don't need to elaborate.

Even gayyss and lesbianns see children as an achievement in the USA that's why they go for surrogacy.
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by zed7: 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
I can understand not wanting to have kids, especially in this difficult country. If I didn't want to have kids, then I'll probably not want marriage also. Just go the Oprah Winfrey way and look for a long term partner.

It will even be difficult to find a young Nigerian woman who wouldn't want marriage and kids. So my best bet would have been to just keep dating girls till they get tired of waiting for me to propose and leave.

However, the greatest thing in my life are my kids and I can't imagine life without them. Sometimes though I feel guilty for bringing them to this useless country.
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
Newyorkitis:
I don't need your validation, sir.
Parents who give birth to children with good reputation see their children as an achievement while those whose children are bringing pain will not see such children as an achievement.
China's useful population is her strength.... That is different from Nigeria's case and i don't need to elaborate.
Even gayyss and lesbianns see children as an achievement in the USA that's why they go for surrogacy.

again STOP COMPARING APPLE WITH ORANGES.... there is a huge difference between people who see children as an achievement and africans who see children as wealth, understand the difference betwee ACHIEVEMENT and WEALTH.

if Chinas population was indeed her strength then China wouldnt have banned people from having more than one child... DUH!

who gives a DAMN what gays and lesbians think in this issue...? its obvious that people who cant naturally have children together will see having a child as an achievement, duh!
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Deicide: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
SeaTrade:
Personally,I do not want to have them,if at all I will,just one daughter is enough(a pretty one.)
Why is the look of your daughter important to you? You wanna sell her off as a sex slave?.
seun:
Nairaland what is the meaning of this why is this possible?

1 Like

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by MistaMann: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
I'm not sure where you got that from. Most people abroad who want to get married do want to have kids. I don't know anymore who wants to get married but don't want kids.

I didn't give a figure or claim that most people abroad don't want to have children. My use of the word staggering was because I never expected that much people have the idea.

I checked online. Article from Wikipedia which I believe are gotten from survey/research. Even on nairaland( you can search)there are threads/people wanting to be childfree yet still with desire to marry.

Check on Facebook their are plenty of childfree groups with thousands of members.
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2021
MistaMann:

Cc: Contumely loveliveshere DIG1 dowjones Klass99 phazotron folake4u Cannicus mysticgal tiredNigerian oceanized25 ChiamakaO93 kelvinrhs Olorunnim HannahHitler melody91 olalekan9320 Breaststroke ebonyggurl sabanageorge

Why you come mention my name

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
odinson1:

You are obviously wrong about there. undecided

Most folks already get sex up their relationships -before marriage - so for them marriage isn't about your idea of unlimited sex either. undecided

You have a lot of growing up to do where marriage and its meaning is concerned. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2021
SeaTrade:
How are children man's only gain in marriage asides from being liabilities?
Well,maybe I'm still too young to know but honestly I'm not a fan of all that family stuff.
Just having a friendly companion is all I think I will ever need.
You'll be shocked to realize that you've always known what you have wanted out of this life from a young age, only you were surrounded by a majority opinion that instead told you you were wrong just because. undecided

I recall spending much of my growing up years in Nigeria trying to 'dumb myself down" for fear that I would be seen as an outcast by all when I finally become an adult, this for my views. Growing up in pre-internet Nigeria meant you were all alone with your ideas - literally alone, against the wave of foolishness that is Nigerian society. Na God save me say I no completely run mad abeg. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by bepositive11: 4:21am On Dec 18, 2021
MistaMann:

I really don't see the point of getting married if you don't want children
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Ebonygeek(f): 8:30am On Dec 18, 2021
I'm in this boat too. Don't want kids

1 Like

Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2021
Re: Want To Marry But Don't Want To Have Children by MistaMann: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
My reply was/is based on people in the U.S/abroad, considering you mentioned the "USA" in your post. I'm aware most people abroad who are getting married or want to get married, want kids. There are tons of new married couples on IG who are also adopting these days.

I've never seen any threads on Nairaland from people wanting to get married but don't want kids. Those threads are probably by people in Nigeria, but you can post them here for me to see. Other than that, those abroad who want to marry also want kids

Wikipedia is no credible source.

Search for childfree groups on Facebook, most of them are private thus. Join so that you can see for yourself.

As for nairaland, search using "I want to marry don't want children nairaland" through Google and visit each thread.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Women Usually Awarded Custody Of The Child(ren)? / LET’S TALK: Dear Men, Which Is More Attractive – Big Boobs Or Big Ass? / What Do I Stand To Gain From This Life As A Shy Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.