Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. (7065 Views)

ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements / NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by HighChief4(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2011
In order to avoid the confusion that attended the search for successor to former Lagos state governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Lagos chapter of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has commenced a search for who succeeds the incumbent governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN).

Political drama that attended the search for Tinubu’s successor nearly tore the then Action Congress (AC) apart as some aspirants opted out of the party to actualise their aspiration in other parties.

Prominent among them were Mr. Jimi Agbaje, who left for Democratic Peoples Alliance (DPA), Mr. Hakeem Gbajabiamila ( Alliance for Democracy), Mrs. Oluremi Adiukwu-Bakare (PDP) and former Deputy Governor, Chief Femi Pedro who left for the Labour Party (LP) among others.

Against this background, Daily Sun can authoritatively report that the party’s caucus has commenced serious consultations and secret screening of likely successor for Fashola.
Although the state Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Joe Igbokwe confirmed that the search for Fashola’s successor was in progress, he declined to mention those candidates being put under surveillance by the party.

“Yes, the search for Fashola’s successor has commenced since after the Presidential election because we are always pro-active. We have planned four years ahead for our party because we always set the pace and blaze the trail. We lead why others follow. And I can assure you that we will not disappoint our people with another masterstroke we are going to deliver for 2015,” Igbokwe boasted in an interview with Daily Sun.

Daily Sun can authoritatively reveal that two candidates are before the party elders for consideration. They are a three term Senator and former Mushin Local Government Chairman, Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon and former Lagos state Director-General, Land Bureau and newly elected Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Bareehu Olugbenga Ashafa. While Solomon represents the Lagos West Senatorial District, Ashafa represents the East Senatorial axis of the state.

However, a party leader who craved anonymity confided in Daily Sun that while experience is in favour of Solomon, power shift system is in favour of Ashafa, reminding that while Tinubu represented the west as governor, Fashola represents the central.
The political permutation, therefore, according to him is that “the Ibeju-Lekki axis, where Ashafa hails from has been crying of marginalisation,” meaning that, “Ashafa can be used for 2015 to pacify the people of the zone in 2015.”

Another source close to the party caucus, however, reminded of Solomon’s popularity as a former local government Chairman, one term member of the House of Representatives as well as a three term Senator representing the largest political space in the state, pointing out that “to defeat such a man at primaries would be very tough.”
A national officer of the party from Oyo state, who didn’t want his name in print told our correspondent that “withdrawing a brilliant Senator like Olorunnimbe Mamora for Ashafa has a political undertone, suspecting that “Ashafa is likely being groomed for Lagos 2015 project.”

At a press conference to announce his stepping aside for Ashafa, Mamora told the newsmen that “it is in compliance with the party’s directive,” saying “a discipline party man must always obey party instruction without asking questions.”
One could also recall the speech of the national Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande at the retreat organised for the newly elected House of Assembly members nationwide in Lagos where he harped too much on party supremacy.

“No one, however highly placed is above the party or the discipline and sanctions which the party might care to impose,” Akande emphasised adding “it is the political trend that political parties evolved into a channel of control.”
Since 24 hours is a long period in politics, anything can happen whereby somebody else may surface to dislodge these two foremost contenders who are eminently qualified or that one of these two Senators would clinch the ticket. Only time can tell.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by gernded(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
it must be mushin turn this time so we present solomon ganiyu olarinwaju golden son of mushin land, he is doing well in politics.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by friedrice1: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2011
Remi Tinubu is being bred for that role,
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by ektbear: 2:59am On Jun 15, 2011
What of Muiz Banire?
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 15, 2011
So Fashola is stepping [b]up [/b]the ladder? hmm
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by dayokanu(m): 3:09am On Jun 15, 2011
I think Ashafa or Mamora should step in for Fashola
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by enyojo(f): 6:49am On Jun 15, 2011
MAMORA - GOV
ABIKE- DEP GOV
dont give a hoooot to any pdp-invented zoning
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Hardeyorlah(f): 11:22am On Jun 16, 2011
Muiz Banire is also a gud choice
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by LKRavitz(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2011
isnt it too early?
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by ObamaUS: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2011
God punish all of una, He has barely commenced the first term and you are looking for successor, What gave them the impression that AC will win lagos.It all depends on what Fashola's performance this second term.If he blows it,all the good things he did in first term will be forgotten and Lagosians willvote for another party
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 16, 2011
Banire is fit for that. Zoning kills professionalism
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Ystranger: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2011
Mamora please:

Authentic Omo Eko
Medical Doctor
Former House speaker
Good party man
Brilliant Senator
Former Deputy Minority Leader in the Senate
Impeccable Character
Iwa pele, the best example of Omoluabi
And most importantly, First Lady-able Wife, she fine no be small!

What else do we want?

Muiz Banire too. But I personally prefer Mamora!
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by lagboyz: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2011
Ystranger:

Mamora please:

Authentic Omo Eko
Medical Doctor
Former House speaker
Good party man
Brilliant Senator
Former Deputy Minority Leader in the Senate
Impeccable Character
Iwa pele, the best example of Omoluabi
And most importantly, First Lady-able Wife, she fine no be small!

What else do we want?

Muiz Banire too. But I personally prefer Mamora!

Ystranger, Is mamora from lagos or Ogun State? I understand he is from ijebu.

There is this other guy at Transport ministry, Kayode Opeifa. he is eqaully good . I hope he is from lagos too.

I dont have problem with any of the listed hopefuls except Remi Tinubu's wife. Enough of Tinubus pls. we dont want Bastards to rule us in Lagos. he should go to Iragbiji in osun state to continue his political moves. shekena
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by vigasimple(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2011
fried-rice:

Remi Tinubu is being bred for that role,

GBAM! Knowing Emperor Ashiwaju Tinubu antecedent and lack of primaries before handing 4 tickets to his own family members.

Four years is too long in politics, ACN might implode and all sort of things might happen. Tinubu is no diffrent from PDP except that at least PDP 'conduct primaries'

I just wish there is a way that Fashola can become Nigeria President but Hausa/Fulani 'the owners of Nigeria will make it almost impossible.

Fashola will be a better Ashiwaju of Yoruba's rather than someone call Bola Tinubu
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by mithel(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2011
Which kind yeye ppl be dat,

IF NOT BANIRE,DEN DEY SHUD GO N WOO JIMI AGBAJE BACK TO ACN

i personally prefer jimi agbaje,i still remember his campaign jingle.

Everybody loves jimi agbaje,everybody loves jimi agbaje,
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2011
Fashola Versus Tinubu War Will Explode Soon and Change the Dynamics.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by step1: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2011
lagboyz:

There is this other guy at Transport ministry, Kayode Opeifa. he is eqaully good . I hope he is from lagos too.

I dont have problem with any of the listed hopefuls except Remi Tinubu's wife. Enough of Tinubus pls. we dont want Bastards to rule us in Lagos. he should go to Iragbiji in osun state to continue his political moves. shekena

Good
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by hannie: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2011
only 1 and that one person is GBENGA ASHAFA. Simples!

Banire is tired of public office and he has gladly stepped aside, he is touted for a Senatorial seat alongside BRF and REMI in the next dispensation, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Agbaje in 2015? lailai . . .

Mamora ke? he doesnt enjoy as much goodwill but he is not free-ly giving . . .

Solomon is a major power broker but thats because he holds his zone tight, Tinubu and himself have gotten into too may roforofos already and I doubt Tinubu will allow him have his way this time, plus WHAT DOES GOS have to offer Lagosians that will better what BRF would have done?

The major issue is: will BRF survive the impending impeachment saga that is bound to rock Lagos? well . . .the reason why Kolawole Taiwo was made Deputy Speaker is quite obvious, u can imagine prior to the inauguration Tejuosho was touted to become the 1st female Lagos speaker, but things move at frenetic pace in Lagos politics these days . . .
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by dmonique: 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2011
we r all talkin bout "successor" wen Alimosho L.G.A is all messed up,
although itz d largest L.G.A in Lagos as they say it is,
the Command-Ajasa road is all messed up,
the road linking Iyana-Ipaja to Ipaja has been "HELL" ever since,
just dis two roads are of great concern 2 me nt searching 4 a "successor",
d so called people in charge of these areas r bad bad bad,
i feel pity and cry 4 people residing along these zones,
cry embarassed cry sad cry
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by mithel(m): 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
hannie:

only 1 and that one person is GBENGA ASHAFA. Simples!

Banire is tired of public office and he has gladly stepped aside, he is touted for a Senatorial seat alongside BRF and REMI in the next dispensation, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Agbaje in 2015? lailai . . .

Mamora ke? he doesnt enjoy as much goodwill but he is not free-ly giving . . .

Solomon is a major power broker but thats because he holds his zone tight, Tinubu and himself have gotten into too may roforofos already and I doubt Tinubu will allow him have his way this time, plus WHAT DOES GOS have to offer Lagosians that will better what BRF would have done?

The major issue is: will BRF survive the impending impeachment saga that is bound to rock Lagos? well . . .the reason why Kolawole Taiwo was made Deputy Speaker is quite obvious, u can imagine prior to the inauguration Tejuosho was touted to become the 1st female Lagos speaker, but things move at frenetic pace in Lagos politics these days . . .

wat is wrong with agbaje. :-/
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Gbenge77(m): 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2011
They should get a worthy replacement for him while Fashola would be a strong candidate for the 2015 presidential polls should he decide to contest.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Lagosboy: 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2011
Who knows if ACN will still be the same ACN in 2015 , people should stop talking about a successor but talk about ACN flag bearer. This notion that ACN will always win LAgos might be ACNs downfall because it leads to complacency and another party might spring up with strong grassroot appeal.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by hannie: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2011
Fashola might still decamp to Labour Party afterall . . . tongue

as for the person talking about Agbaje, ego issues wont get him there, cant say more . .

as per Remi, the game plan is to have Tinubu's acolytes up there, not necessarily the wife ruling Lagos.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
I detest this uncharismatic and insufferable looking Gbenga Ashafa guy abeg. With his uninspiring and unsmiling face. He looks like a man who is too full of himself, and would be more interested in the aggrandizement associated with the governorship position more than anything else. Rather, Solomon, Mamora or Banire would make decent choices. But it would be great if Asiwaju would be willing to bring back Jimi Agbaje to succeed Fashola. Agbaje is  the best possible choice I can think of.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Roland17(m): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2011
opeifa my foot, he is danm tooo corrupt,
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by mithel(m): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2011
pro01:

I detest this uncharismatic and insufferable looking Gbenga Ashafa guy abeg. With his uninspiring and unsmiling face. He looks like a man who is too full of himself, and would be more interested in the aggrandizement associated with the governorship position more than anything else. Rather, Solomon, Mamora or Banire would make decent choices. But it would be great if Asiwaju would be willing to bring back Jimi Agbaje to succeed Fashola. Agbaje is  the best possible choice I can think of.

it will be well with you jare,infact after fashola,agbaje was my next choice in 2007.and he has shown he is nt d jumpy jumpy kind of person,we need merit nt sentiments.the trio of solomon,mamora and ashafa dnt cut it 4 me at all.dey luk lyk amala politicians,kind of in d mould of akala.

Banire or agbaje should be competent enough.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by EkoIle1: 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2011
Muiz Banire remains the most credible and competent candidate to replace Fashola.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by omoajiri(m): 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
jimi Agbaje.
The next best thing for lagos.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by naso2(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2011
lagboyz:

which useless opeifs are we talking of here?  abegi make we hear word.   LASTMA egunje is sufficient for that one.
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by hannie: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2011
@Pro01

who cares about whether Ashafa is smiling or not . . .

is it not what y'all said about BRF then?

of all the people on this thread only Dayokanu and myself were resolute in our belief that BRF would deliver  . . .how time flies!

u guys need to stop mentioning names of people who are tired of holding strenuous political offices like the Governor's . . . .Banire himself has said he is tired, the guy has spent 12 years a commisioner already . . .Solomon CANT do the job as he is bereft of landmark ideas that can surpass BRF's . . . .Agbaje is all mouth, I am yet to see him outdo himself, what are his antecedents?

even Agbaje's pharmacy hasnt undergone any difference, why would anyone think a contractor like Jimi Agbaje can get the job done cos he has oratory prowess?
Re: Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. by Lolabbey: 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2011
i be beta choice u know tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Responds: Hyundai Heavy Says Not Building Nigerian Shipyard / Boko Haram: Why Viviangist4 Should Be Banned / Yusuf Buhari Owns Two 5-star Hotels In Abuja And Building Another One In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.