Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

The true meaning of a marriage certificate. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The true meaning of a marriage certificate. (938 Views)

what could be going thru this man mind as he signs marriage certificate (PICs) / A "Marriage Proposal By Police" In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / What Is The True Test Of A Male Virginity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by upendo98(f): 7:10am On Jun 15, 2011
Many threads here are cries about issues of love/partner etc.

If a certificate is given after successful completion of a course,then lets take the course while dating pliz and pass since we are ever complaining and blaming each other for our own mistakes.

Just do a CAT(continous assesment tests) on:

1.Finance handling
2.Ability to raise a family
3.Ability to work too and bring something to the table
4.Resisting temptation
5.Determining a gold digger.
6.Testing an extremely jealous partner
7.Vanity.
8.Intelligence
9.Maturity
10.Anger
11.Patience
12.Humility
13.Perseverance

and many more.

Then acquire your cert and tie the knot. And you will live happily ever after.
Prevention is better than cure
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by MrCork17: 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
upendo 98. did he dump you? undecided
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by MrsChima(f): 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2011
Mr, Cork:

I hate you! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by upendo98(f): 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
@ Cork
grin grin grin grin

NO  HE DIVORCED ME!!  sad sad sad

@ chima lol.thank u 4 hating him on my behalf grin
Now chima please help me unravel the mystery behind your profile pic.
It cannot be defined lol
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by MrsChima(f): 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2011
You no like my picture? cry cry cry cry
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by Dsense(m): 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2011
Mr, Cork:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by upendo98(f): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2011
Jeez!! whats up with you guys??
Now chima am even more confused.
You are Mrs but your read male!! and you sound 'malish'
I know you are female are u??

But seriously I really would likw to knw if we evr 'test' not 'taste' our potential future partners.
eg Test 4 honesty - leave your wallet with some dollars on the table grin and pretending you dint notice.
Wait and see if youl find the exact amount a day later.
Test 4 faithfulness -  see if she can be seduced easily by another dude.
Anger- provoke her in public
yeah smthing like that
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by MrsChima(f): 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
Yes, I am malish. wink
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by upendo98(f): 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
Mary mother of jesus.I all along though you were female
Okay bck to topic.
What is the best perserverance test you could put your partner thru?
And dont be naughty pliz.
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by harakiri(m): 7:22pm On Jun 15, 2011
A marriage certificate is a document that enslaves a man to a woman till he either dies or divorces her (either way, he loses. . .the man ALWAYS loses). Isn't it funny that women are always enthusiastic about marriage certificates (which is a legal binding document that has absolutely nothing to do with "love"wink but when it comes to prenuptial agreements, they turn up their noses and say the man is insecure,unromantic and doesn't trust them.

How ironic! ! !

When will men ever learn? When will men wake up and see marriage in today's world for the sham it really is?

Pitiful! ! !
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by upendo98(f): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2011
Women!! did u hear what Harakiri just said? shocked shocked
Defend youselves. The cert is a bondage you say?  shocked
Now the only way to claim anything is to have the cert no wonder the rush maybe.
Am trying to check this from the beginning of your love story when your all lovely dovey and stuff.
Did she/he pass the tests before you approved shes quality standard 4 marriage?
In that way you reduce the chances of divorce and btter still get rid of 'prenup mentality' (Dont stone pliz let me enjoy the forum grin
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by harakiri(m): 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2011
@upendo98. . . The only "defense" they can give is to misquote everything i said and label me as a woman-hating-misorgynist. Some will even take the cheap way out by asking if i have this view towards my mom (who is late) and my sisters. I'm very conservant with their cheap shaming tactics. There are only a handful of ladies on this forum that can stand by the truth when it calls for it e.g JENNYKADRY,CHAIRCOVER AND OGUGUA88. The rest are just band wagon air heads. Watch and observe. . .lol. Cheers.
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by upendo98(f): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2011
^^^^
Now you just opened a can of worms by calling them 'that' then you invite me to play spectator?
Play safe and dont mention names especially if you are on attack mode.
I actually disapper when the attacks start and come back after ceasefire cz I dont get soo personal with comments. Why should I? Theres a way to detach yourself from the comment so that you allow somebody to attack the post and not you as an individual, Unless you allow them to do so.
And if somebody gets that personal so what? must I answer back really. You can diffuse tension when its starts bulding .Take off or dont add more insult to injury.
And if the comments dont please anybody always rember this.Its just a public forum full of people with diffrent opinions.If you post something and you dont get bth negative and positive reactions then its not a healthy discussion.
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by Nayah(f): 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2011
love, share and respect.
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by Dyt(f): 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
Understandin,patience n love
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by iice(f): 1:51am On Jun 16, 2011
Well i see it as just a document indicating your marital status. Has no bearing on how the marriage is or how the marriage will play out. The people involved will see to that.

I am not for testing that way. Just find a way to understand and really know the person you're with. Saves you energy and time.
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by upendo98(f): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2011
^^^^
you know if we put our relationships thru tests and fire then we shall reduce the no of complains we read daily. if for instance you got shocked by ur partner fighting and shouting in public yet uv dated 5 yrs.It means all uv been seeing is fake cz that shouting virus has been dormant in her waiting 4 the rght tyme to explode. Wld hv been good if u had provoked her b4 in private to get hs or her reaction b4 ur publicly embarrased.
Re: The true meaning of a marriage certificate. by iice(f): 8:09am On Jun 16, 2011
Please understand. I said

iice:

I am not for testing that way. Just find a way to understand and really know the person you're with. Saves you energy and time.

The issue is that people focus too much on the the 'concepts' than being in the present as in mentally and emotionally present. People see fake because that's what they want to see. I always say you get what you ask for. Errhhh someone can explode because of layers and layers of anger or hurt that got too much. It could be the result of pressure from a total different area of their life. Are you going to lay into his/her hurt to test him/her? Or would you rather understand the hurt, work with him through the hurt.

(1) (Reply)

Who Fears Hiv/aids More? Guys Or Ladies / If A Girl Can Luv Without Moni, A Man Should Luv Without S3.x? / White And Black Bfs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.