Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

My Fiancee Lied About Her Age - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Lied About Her Age (9372 Views)

How To Deal With Someone Who Lied About Sleeping With You / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by donmj(m): 10:09am On Jun 15, 2011
Please house, i need your candid advice on this issue. The lady I planning to marry told me she is 3 years younger than she actually is. I came to find out the truth after I have done the introduction/traditional. We are actually planning for our wedding in 3 months but I feel uncomfortable taking someone that can lie to me about her age to the alter. I taught I was about 4 years older than she is but now I find out I am just months older. I am disturbed.  When I confronted her with that, all she could say was that 'that is the age she has been using since she was in school and that she wanted to tell me her real age but she always forgot'. I actually wish to call off the wedding but I wish to seek your sincere advice. Please be real,
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by donmj(m): 11:13am On Jun 15, 2011
advice ooo,
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Akainzo(m): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2011
don-mj:

Please house, i need your candid advice on this issue. The lady I planning to marry told me she is 3 years younger than she actually is. I came to find out the truth after I have done the introduction/traditional. We are actually planning for our wedding in 3 months but I feel uncomfortable taking someone that can lie to me about her age to the alter. I taught I was about 4 years older than she is but now I find out I am just months older. I am disturbed.  When I confronted her with that, all she could say was that 'that is the age she has been using since she was in school and that she wanted to tell me her real age but she always forgot'. I actually wish to call off the wedding but I wish to seek your sincere advice. Please be real,

Did you audition her for the job or what? She should have plain told you her age as you did not ask for her birth certificate during your discussions. Me thinks this was a ploy to get what she wants.
However right now, your decision should not be based solely on her age but on those qualities that you see in her, and the fact that you truly do love her.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by donmj(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2011
Thnx 4 ur response. The truth is that I don't know what she is up to with that lie and the 'true love ' I used to have been over shadowed by this feeling of deceit and I wonder if I will ever come over it if I go ahead with her.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Dyt(f): 11:27am On Jun 15, 2011
I understand ow u feel
smtyms d tiniest lies brks zillions of things
it ll b cool if u can jst ignore. .
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by 190: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2011
this is wat happens wen 2 people meet and 3months later they wanna get married undecided
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by donmj(m): 11:41am On Jun 15, 2011
So 190, do u advise me hang up, coz i really wanna do that now.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by LongOne1(m): 11:51am On Jun 15, 2011
Give her an opportunity to mention all the other things she 'forgot' to tell you before you arrive at a decision, taking time to reflect also on things you should have told her.

We are all human, and as this might just be a careless omission on her part, it alone should not prevent you from the beautiful marriage this could well be.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by upendo98(f): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
R u more disturbed that she lied or is her age such a big issue now?

1. You r months older and already feeling bad I thought she was older!!from ur reaction.
2. Lying?? well you can choose to create a mountain out of it,disregard everything else good about her and 4gt abt the marriage altogether.
3. We are not all perfect. She made a mistake.Cn u 4give her.If nt then dont strt marriage wth unforgiveness/lies as foundation.
4. If a lie about age can make u throw away a big dream like a marriage,then I think u need to check out your decision making skills. you may end up throwing  your kid out of the window one day. It gets tougher and more challenging.

Does she lie about other things too? You havent told us anything negative about her other than that age.
Wht wld happen if u found urself a younger gal tht will drive u nuts??
Anyway.Its your life u know.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by MMM2(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2011
op

age is just a number.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by 190: 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2011
don-mj:

So 190, do u advise me hang up, coz i really wanna do that now.

See i was rite, U dont even know her age - then how well do u know her personality -

3yrs from now you both would be forgetting bottles on each other's heads and Y'all call the devil -

Bro - call off the marriage and date her for another 3years if possible so you can really get 2 know her, Marriage is a life time thing

and demands 100% commitment and concentration, what kinda silly pranks was she thinking she was playing - Just to get married!

To me she lied so she has to pay the price, i wont marry someone im older than with months - never, atleast 2yrs gap is more than enough for me

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McRgkE_vgjU[/flash]
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by sistajay(f): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2011
So what if she lied bout her age, is it a Federal offence?  abeg go and start makin weddin arrangement! Bottom line you are still older than her. Unless you dey eye someone else . . . . . .
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by upendo98(f): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
@poster,

And how Old are you anyway? I assume  your mature enough to know the way 4ward.
Pick advise that best agrees with your conscience so that you can have peace in your heart.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by kpolli(m): 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2011
see lie ooooo, she forgot, hiss

guy call it off until she is ready to tell u the truth
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by donmj(m): 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2011
Thnx all 4 your advice, I think I have made up my mind. I have always planned give my spouse btw 4 to 7 years age difference (and I have mentioned it 2 her), since she deceived me into believing she fell into that bracket just to 'achieve her goal', I think she got a price to pay. I made it known to her that its over but she kept begging and crying and lamenting how she will die in shame and how her family will disown and how her life will be doomed 4ever and all what not, ,  But I've let her that 'there is always another person out there', I've made up my mind and I'm not going back. Tnx all 4 ur candid advice. peace
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by kpolli(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2011
bros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dey joke oooo

she probably did it cos she wanted to marry u, my point is she shudnt have given u that lie of forgetting,

now i have a question, how does age affect her as ur wife
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by upendo98(f): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
Ooh so u had told her already? see? always post the full story otherwise you make us give all the wrong advise.
Then she must have loved you so much she feared you would dump her if she told u the truth. sad
There goes another broken heart.Is she in NL cz I see another thread coming soon and reading
'He dumped me coz I lied about my age'
Let me get my answers ready.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by kpolli(m): 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin lol
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by kokoye(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2011
I once lied to a wealthy jambite gf - I wanted to get a bday gift from her before breaking up with her so I told her my bday was in february instead of october grin

I got the gift then later realised she was a sweetheart and I did not breakup with her. I found the pefect time to tell her the truth- she was hurt but I found a way to tell her why I did it:she was meant to be a jambite rush that I later fell in love with.

She forgave me and we had a six yr relationship.

poo happens.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by omega25red(m): 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
poster
she lied about the most basic thing and then she even waited till the traditonal wedding. i wont say leave but if i were you i would go to counselling with her with your pastor so that everything can be out in the open before you both jump the broom. It also seems like you are having cold feet there by looking for a way out undecided
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2011
Don't mind these ladies (grandma's) running around here playing like kids. A woman will only tell u her real age when she's married.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2011
Way to go, i guess Gurls are not smiling too
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Ekpoma1: 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2011
U did the rite poster. The reason she lied was to get u tricked in marrying her, since u have told her that u can only marry someone u are 4-7 yrs older than. That served her rite.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2011
190:

See i was rite, U dont even know her age - then how well do u know her personality -

3yrs from now you both would be forgetting bottles on each other's heads and Y'all call the devil -

Bro - call off the marriage and date her for another 3years if possible so you can really get 2 know her, Marriage is a life time thing

and demands 100% commitment and concentration, what kinda silly pranks was she thinking she was playing - Just to get married!

To me she lied so she has to pay the price, i wont marry someone im older than with months - never, atleast 2yrs gap is more than enough for me

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McRgkE_vgjU[/flash]

[size=15pt]OH SHUT UP!!![/size]
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by ronkebp(f): 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2011
Poster, i think the problem you have, has nothing to do with the fact that she lied' but because you are some months older than her, there is no amount of advice that would change your mind if you have a stereotyped notion that you have to be way , older than your wife. my advice is that you don't break your relationship because of that, let me tell you, you will still find more 'shit' in her closet than what you have found out, and she will find more 'shit' too in your own closet as time goes on, everybody lies, am sure you must have lied to her too on some things, just forgive her, and go on with the marraige palava.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
mydreamz:

[size=15pt]OH SHUT UP!!![/size]

shocked shocked shocked too damn rude no wonder u ain't got no b00ty tongue
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
upendo 98:

Ooh so u had told her already? see? always post the full story otherwise you make us give all the wrong advise.
Then she must have loved you so much she feared you would dump her if she told u the truth. sad
There goes another broken heart.Is she in NL cz I see another thread coming soon and reading
'He dumped me coz I lied about my age'
Let me get my answers ready.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by kokoye(m): 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
REALITY101:

oh damn.

I just had to look at her profile pix . . . TRUE story grin
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by dustydee: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2011
She should count herself lucky. You never really loved her. If she told you she was 5 years older than you then I will say thats an issue but what if she hadn't told you?
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2011
REALITY101:

Kai, U just dashed all her hope of thinking she got b00ty by showing her backside grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by VALIDATOR: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2011
@OP,
Someday after your marriage and may be after your first child, you may get to realize that her mama's last born is actually her daughter !!! Then she will say something like "Sorry,I forgot to tell you she is actually my daughter.I had her when I was in SS2. Everybody thinks she is my mama's last born".

You are in a very tight corner but nothing spoil. If with her age,you have considered her good enough for marriage, I think you should go ahead with the marriage since you are still older than her. At least your ego won't be too injured.

But be a man.Sit her down and tell her she had your trust on a platter of gold. Now she will have to earn it.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by delicious1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
Lying about their real age, seems to me to be a very common thing a great percentage of women out there do.
What gives? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dope 15 Songs You Would Enjoy On Your Track List -hiphop 'n Rnb / Fashion Or Madness: See What These 2 Ladies Wore To My Shop Today (photo) / “see What Happened As I Went To My Husband’s Office Without My Panties” – Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.