Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos (52161 Views)

How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by aktolly54(m): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
Iliveforever:
This is complete stupidity.
If you collect loan, simply pay back and if you can’t don’t collect the loan..
This isn’t that bad or difficult to do.
The country is hard, you now see a company that wants to lend you money and you still have the guts to default,
See ehh If I own a loan company and you default payment, I will hunt you and kill you.
you kill? Just because they don't pay intime? Why not ask them to bring valuable items come your office and you hold onto it till they pay off their loan. Valuable like land documents or something vauluable just to show they won't run away then if they refuse to bring collateral you can do whatever you want but in your own small head, ALL YOU COULD THINK IS YOU KILL SOMEONE IF THEY DONT PAY BACK ONTIME... IT IS WELL

5 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by folks4luv(f): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
Lightway:

Tell those theives you call friends to pay back before you commit suicide.

Rubbish woman
Guess you are one of them sick psychos.
Did you read what they wrote there? I bet you didn't. How can you accept me as a guarantor for someone without confirming if i know the person?
They even threatened to publish my own details on the social media.
If you lot can't do business within the ambit of the law, fold up. Bunch of sickos

12 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Lightway: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
olaszydaruma:
I also borrow from loan apps; only defaulted once and the threats messages I receive almost made me commit suicide. Please loan companies in Nigeria are evil; they gave you little amount of days to pay back astronomical interest rate. Please stay off it; I'm a living witness

Borrow borrow.. have sense and stop borrowing money
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by survival1(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
Most people borrow money from this loan company with the intention of not paying back while some borrow just to live large. If you must borrow, make sure you have other channels to pay back or invest in something productive. Also never borrow base on promises or when expecting because you might be disappointed. I took a loan of 140k to pay back 180k in 3 months. That's 40k interest and I will say I make approximately 60k profit with the money per month. The interest is high but because I have plans for it, I'm able to pay back.

2 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
Funny enough it’s your brothers and sisters employed as repo men that send these messages.

The worst company to obtain a loan from is 9jaCash A.K.A. Sokoloan. Early Maryland December 2021 I got a facility from those fuckers, they called my sister and friend to inquire whether they know me and ask about my loan worthiness. I felt embarrassed, heck my sister even offered to give me the loan but I decided against her offer cos I’m a man noow and can bear risks I get into.

Fast forward, the loan was approved and it was to run for 2 weeks with about 61% interest rate (Mad right ?), these fûckers began calling me 3 days later to remind me of the repayment date, like WTF? I had to repay the loan and vowed to never engage them again.

They think they’re being shrewd but it’s plain stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
They dare not try that nonsense with me.

If you tarnish my image, just kiss your money goodbye, and also be ready to pay for damages.

Because I will sue your ass from heaven to hell. In fact, should I die while still on the case, my ghost will carry on with the case.

2 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by tivta(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
Never collect what you can't repay. Thank God I haven't received such messages.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Asour: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
ignis:
Nigerians don't read terms and conditions.

I rarely if ever borrow. I am also totally against chronic debtors. Never borrowed from a loan company too.
Whatever terms and conditions should be invalid if they are obnoxious to basic decency and or existing laws of the country including basic Data privacy regulations.

Some(Not all) of these guys are loan sharks. Operating largely in an unregulated manner with little room for appropriate dispute resolution.

Another question is what truly are the credit assessment measures by these companies before making these loans to 'chronic debtors'. If you keep giving credit to chronic debtors, your systems call for concerns too.

And this should be a call to Order to those who tend to borrow to please others.
God help us.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by marsup: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
On a more serious note, people should learn to pay back money borrowed... If everyone is defaulting, the lending company will shut down. I had similar experiences with defaulters, in Nigeria and Ghana, I had to shut it down, before they run me into unnecessary debt. Credit facility companies are better run outside Africa, with peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Octavoral: 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
folks4luv:

Except that embarrassments are not part of the terms and conditions agreed to at the initial point. Financial institutions all over the world are dealing with issues of defaulters. They are doing this in Nigeria because the country is lawless.

An average Nigerian sees loan apps as awoof. They won’t pay if they aren’t embarrassed

4 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by rhames(m): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
DONSIA:

So, On December 23rd 2021, I received the random but yet so familiar messages from SOKOLOAN About A Victim (User) of thier services, the loan they're offering...

SOKOLOAN message context

Even those who repay these loans face these problems.

After reading the message, Immediately, I knew whom the victim was because prior to the day I got the message, I've seen a post around November 2021 where the victim did her wedding and she's pregnant already, she was damn heavy. Wasn't even aware, I was told and I merely congratulated her and that was probably the #8times I texted her for the whole 2021.. I'm saying to let you guys here know that we don't talk often as I've claimed above buh we're Good!

WHAT BRINGS ABOUT THE THREAD
I received another message this afternoon January 4th 2022 from another number but different undisclosed company.. Just a random picture and lending as thier public name and thier own message go as this

YOU MIGHT HAVE PROBABLY BEEN WONDERING HOW IS IT MY OWN RIGHT.. I SWEAR IT'S THE ATTACHED PICTURE OF THE VICTIM

MY OWN OUTBUST THAT MADE ME CREATE A THREAD

if you're the type that read messages carefully, you guys will definitely see the act of madness and manner of unprofessionalism that the second company use in tacking thier customers... And it's a DELIBERATE act cause if the tides should later turn around, they would be the one to lose at last

BECAUSE I HAVE THE VICTIM LINE and I know she hasn't been active both on WhatsApp and Facebook, I decided to call her because on norms, mostly when it's new year, I do call almost every on my contact list even sent personal messages aside on social media buh she didn't pick up at the second attempt, so I stopped calling her

THE FIRST ATTACHED PICTURES IS MY WHOLE CHAT WITH HER LAST YEAR

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by MrJames007: 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
Lightway:

Useless criminal
This Idiat is one of them. grin

3 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by nedekid: 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2022
AmazingELixir:
grin

Nigerians are terrible bunch...they don't like repaying borrowed monies.

Got no sympathy for defaulters.
That was my opinion few days back. Nigerians don't have a culture to pay debt. Most see as as having used your head. Some fellow on this forum disagreed harshly with me.
See, years back I in company of a friend stopped at his cousins house in Vi. She was married to a minister federal minister. This lady pleaded with my friend( a lawyer) to look into the debt profile for her business that the place was about to close down due to huge debt.
Apperently she opened a very huge discount store back then on the island and issued store debit cards to select high networth persons.
Omo, when I went through the list, I was shocked to see the caliber of Nigerians owing this woman. From socialites, to industrialist, to pastors, prominent amongst the pastors was one that has a church on a "rock".
She promised my friend a percentage of what ever he could recover, asking him to write demand letters to them.
Anyway the business closed down. Them no gree pay. Most will ask, " is it because of this small money you are disturbing me?"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Iliveforever(m): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2022
aktolly54:
you kill? Just because they don't pay intime? Why not ask them to bring valuable items come your office and you hold onto it till they pay off their loan. Valuable like land documents or something vauluable just to show they won't run away then if they refuse to bring collateral you can do whatever you want but in your own small head, ALL YOU COULD THINK IS YOU KILL SOMEONE IF THEY DONT PAY BACK ONTIME... IT IS WELL

I don’t blame you, it’s the loan companies that’s helping you guys I blame

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by masseratti: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
My younger brother called me last week that he can no longer focus at work because of this loan app people,he told me he has been servicing the interest on the money for a year and half and he has borrowed from like 6 firms, if he calculate well he has paid the principal and the interest, but the principal are still there because he kept on just paying the interest which keep on accumulating... I told him to stop paying because from a total of 170k principal, with all interest paid as at December last year, he is still left to pay a cumulative of 400k....i told him to send them a message that he can't pay any further for now due to circumstances beyond his control... His default is less than a week, this worms of loan apps or i should call them shark sent a message to me calling my brother a FRAUDSTER that is on the run, I asked who is this the person online refused to say a word, they know fully well if their address is known or they can come out themselves they will be the one paying with defamation of character, a debtor is not a FRAUDSTER, you can't say someone you refuse to visit his address is on the run.
Plus people should really desist from those loan apps some even will use your card details provided to them by you, some of their staffs will steal the card details and use it to debit your money in your account after you av cleared the loan. Let's be careful.

7 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by everythinggirly(f): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
This new year make people try get sense. Loan or borrow no follow, people are wicked.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by robosky02(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ok

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ishitinyourlife:
This bastards have to be checked and highly regulated, close them down if needed or cite them for half of thier networth,they will have sense then
how will you act in this situation?

You've just 200k in your account and you've your rent to pay in 2months time. A friend comes to you and laments how life has been difficult blablabla, requested for a loan of 100k which he promises to pay back next month after you explained your rent due date to him. Two months after, your rent is due, and all efforts to reach your debtor friend proves abortive because his number is deliberately switched off and location changed. Now your landlord is kicking you out. How will you feel?

Now consider this same situation for this loan firms.

3 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Iliveforever(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
They dare not try that nonsense with me.

If you tarnish my image, just kiss your money goodbye, and also be ready to pay for damages.

Because I will sue your ass from heaven to hell. In fact, should I die while still on the case, my ghost will carry on with the case.

You’ll go to court and tell them you borrowed and can’t pay back.
Keep quiet jare you’ll do nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Garrieveryday: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
Iliveforever:
This is complete stupidity.
If you collect loan, simply pay back and if you can’t don’t collect the loan..
This isn’t that bad or difficult to do.
The country is hard, you now see a company that wants to lend you money and you still have the guts to default,
See ehh If I own a loan company and you default payment, I will hunt you and kill you.

Stupid talk. May be you have never been in a position where you have no option than to take loan.

3 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Zion243(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
L Credit is worse. They're extorting Nigerians in disguise of loan.

2 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
survival1:
Most people borrow money from this loan company with the intention of not paying back while some borrow just to live large. If you must borrow, make sure you have other channels to pay back or invest in something productive. Also never borrow base on promises or when expecting because you might be disappointed. I took a loan of 140k to pay back 180k in 3 months. That's 40k interest and I will say I make approximately 60k profit with the money per month. The interest is high but because I have plans for it, I'm able to pay back.

It doesn't matter.

What matters is that every free man has a right of privacy.

If these loan sharks want to explore all means to repossess their money, then it must be within the ambit of the law.

They are breaking the law, and you are making excuses for them.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Zion243(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
E no go better for L. Credit.

And if you're working with them, e no go better for you.

7 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Iliveforever(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
Obajemu:
And you father is drenching in loan. Go and kill her nau. Bastard

It’s the loan company that’s helping your Poverty stricken family I blame... onye loan

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Kajaard: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2022
Just see the traffic on this thread cheesy

I have never seen this much traffic on nairaland.

I can bet my 2 smooth balls that over 80% of people on this thread right now are chronic loan defaulters, hence the traffic cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by folks4luv(f): 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
Octavoral:

An average Nigerian sees loan apps as awoof. They won’t pay if they aren’t embarrassed
And there are people that won't pay even with all the embarrassments. The point is, there are legal ways to go about this.
Imagine a company i dont know threatening me over a loan someone else too. Someone i haven't spoken to in years o. It's crazy na
Dem no dey default loans in America or Britain? Can these companies go to those countries to display this madness?

5 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by orlaglobal234: 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
I don't know may be na only me no understand this story because i don't really know the meaning of all these gan

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Kutunban: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
Op go and pay your loan, stop hiding under that moniker. The company didn't force you to collect loan. They have their Terms and Conditions except you are daft. Stop bringing up frivolous sentiment with absurd opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by qtguru(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
As much as I don't agree with the messages, I know alot who take loan with no intention of paying back.

4 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 04, 2022
DropsMic:
Hmm.... People in my contact list are either very comfortable or they always repay their debt on time because i've never received any text from these so called loan companies.
Samehere, except for my neighbor some years back; she used me as a guarantor to collect a phone from best buy.

They later started extending the of threats to me about engaging legal actions if I don't help locate help.

This is 2 years later, I still dey wait for them.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Iliveforever(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
Garrieveryday:

Stupid talk. May be you have never been in a position where you have no option than to take loan.

You should also be prepared to be in a position to pay back your loan.

Your profile says, trust in God. Tell me, if God is not reliable will you trust in him??

Anybody who defaults payment should be ready to be tagged unreliable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Make A Huge Success Online With PPD / Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? / Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.