Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos (52107 Views)

How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by ignis: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2022
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Most of you guys are illiterates with certificates! And that is why our leaders violate our 4ights with reckless abandon. You went to school but school never went through you. You hàve a right to privacy and nobody , for whatsoever reason has the right to violate it. This is one of the fundamentals that civilised societies work. You want to got to USA, Canada and UK but you are ok with keeping 6our country in the Stone age. I don't patronise these disgusting people but that doesn't make what they are doing right.

Why would one collect a loan that he can't pay ?
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2022
ignis:

Why would one collect a loan that he can't pay ?
There is a legal way out of every situation, you don't use the jungle approach to solve problems with people if not, someone can pick up a knife and stab someone for owing them #2,000 or pull out a gun and kill someone for telling them they are stúpid. No one wants to live in that kind of society and that is why we have laws to give us order in society. You are talking about terms and conditions, there are laws that govern how your data gotten by those guys with apps can be used. They are not allowed to share it with members of the public for any reason.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by naturefellow(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2022
Frank25:
lets end this once and for all

like for nigeria and share for loan
how does this end this
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by naturefellow(m): 7:08am On Jan 05, 2022
MykLANNY:
Your thread reads "... and their contribution to suicide". Am I the only one who doesn't understand that part?
haunting by loan companies isn't for the faint-hearted. Have you heard of LAPO? Search for in on Nairaland. This is the new LAPO (Lift Above Poverty Organisation)
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2022
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Most of you guys are illiterates with certificates! And that is why our leaders violate our 4ights with reckless abandon. You went to school but school never went through you. You hàve a right to privacy and nobody , for whatsoever reason has the right to violate it. This is one of the fundamentals that civilised societies work. You want to got to USA, Canada and UK but you are ok with keeping 6our country in the Stone age. I don't patronise these disgusting people but that doesn't make what they are doing right.

You're just spewing out rubbish!
Anyone who borrows money and intentionally avoids paying back is a criminal, and unfortunately most Nigerian borrowers are like that. What right does a criminal have? If there are terms and conditions, the borrower has to strive to avoid them being implemented on him/her.
This has nothing to do with being in the civilized society or not.

2 Likes

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:18am On Jan 05, 2022
Leshyne:
These loan companies are like Bandits and are worse than "Buhari". Tell me why you borrow money to someone at 30% on 7days ,that means in month interest is more than 100%. The minimum interest they offer is 50% in a month. Why would this country allow these kinda open robbery.

Secondly, if one default, they immediately start the harassment and character assassinations without considering the effect on the person.

Consider, someone who desperately needs cash and get it from them,only to pay huge interest , will get more loans to pay the previous one and is stuck in a debt loop. And in most cases the money given to first timers don't exceed 15-20k.

Nigerian don't need this kinda rapist n evil organization in our society. Let's flush them out before it's too late.

Are they forcing the loans and their huge interest rates on you guys??
There's no reasonable excuse for not paying back after collecting them.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Iliveforever(m): 7:25am On Jan 05, 2022
Afolabimills:
u are either a sycopat or devil

I’m a god
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by CalabarPikin: 7:27am On Jan 05, 2022
PotatoSalad:

Tomorrow you'll go to church and walk to the altar like an angel. Or you'll come out to rubbish Buhari name.

Wise up Mr(s) saint

No be everybody d do religion
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Iliveforever(m): 7:28am On Jan 05, 2022
temielects:
they should just carry their useless money and vanish if they lack what is takes to handle things professionally what kind of rubbish is that publishing people's image for condemnation

Good, but do you know that it’s still people that are shouting against that will still cry and ask them to come back..

You simply cannot eat your cake and have it
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by xpool(m): 7:28am On Jan 05, 2022
ignis:
Nigerians don't read terms and conditions.
Including the loan companies
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by xpool(m): 7:31am On Jan 05, 2022
Iliveforever:
This is complete stupidity.
If you collect loan, simply pay back and if you can’t don’t collect the loan..
This isn’t that bad or difficult to do.
The country is hard, you now see a company that wants to lend you money and you still have the guts to default,
See ehh If I own a loan company and you default payment, I will hunt you and kill you.
Obviously, you are unfit to exist in this millennium.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Iliveforever(m): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2022
xpool:

Obviously, you are unfit to exist in this millennium.

Only borrowers like you are

grin grin
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Le2money(m): 7:39am On Jan 05, 2022
Make I no type wetin dey my mind down

Iliveforever:
This is complete stupidity.
If you collect loan, simply pay back and if you can’t don’t collect the loan..
This isn’t that bad or difficult to do.
The country is hard, you now see a company that wants to lend you money and you still have the guts to default,
See ehh If I own a loan company and you default payment, I will hunt you and kill you.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2022
michelz:

You just wasted precious time and energy explaining something to someone who doesn't have the capacity to reason logically.

And these people are the ones who will scream that our politicians break the law, and get away with it.

Loan sharks are breaking the law, and these idiots think Nigerians are chronic debtors and deserve to be defamed.

The irony is that many of these loan sharks are Chinese companies doing business in Nigeria. These companies will dare not defame a Chinese person. They can't even try this bullshit in South Africa.

It is only in Nigeria that a foreign company will be operating and be disrespecting the citizens.

The CBN needs to step in, and regulate these criminals. There are business laws that protect both organization and customers/clients. Why are they allowing these loan sharks to break privacy laws?

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by xpool(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2022
SailorUgo:
They did same to my guy.
Person wey be millionaire o, had a few lands.
He ran out of cash working for a client.
Naso the yeye client no pay him in time and him don forget about the loan sef.

These loan guys no get joy. They called to remind him and as him dey run around to to get money to pay back, his pictures and that their wicked message don circulate Lagos, don even reach village, even to potential clients.

Baba just lean immediately.
The guy no get himself for 2 months.

Worst part be say the loan app no retract their messages or apologize after him pay Dem off oo.

Just avoid those guys abeg

And that's the worst part of the illegalities of the loan companies, after all the suidal shaming messages and the loan is eventually paid including overdue charges and penalties, yet, the loan companies will never deem it worthwhile to send a message to the victims contact, that he has paid off all his debt and is no longer a criminal.

They forget that what they are doing is blackmail, and it is criminal.

But do not worry, Nigerians will soon get used to their messages, and it will be looked at as nothing. Their messages will soon become ineffective, it is already happening and debtors will fight back by refusing not to pay back since their images have been damaged already.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:49am On Jan 05, 2022
ignis:

Their terms and conditions says they would explore any means to recover their money.

Any means should imply any means within the ambit of the law

Moreso, these loan sharks are registered companies, and are bound by corporate laws, which includes respect for privacy of customer data.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by xpool(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2022
AmazingELixir:
grin

Nigerians are terrible bunch...they don't like repaying borrowed monies.

Got no sympathy for defaulters.
Inability to pay back loans is not limited to Nigerians, it is everywhere.

Have you ever heard of the word Bankruptcy?
It is not a Nigerian word ...
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:55am On Jan 05, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Are they forcing the loans and their huge interest rates on you guys??
There's no reasonable excuse for not paying back after collecting them.

There is no reasonable excuse for defaming someone.

If you offer unsecured loans, there are legal ways of recovering them.

If you defame me over a loan, don't expect me to repay. It takes a lot of effort and even money to launder images.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by vunajohn(m): 7:56am On Jan 05, 2022
People failed to follow instructions and conditions attached to it. If you know you are nit capable paying back loan do not try it. The loan company is not a charity organisation and People should understand this, and they use all means to get back their money. So let's forget our stupidity in trying to justify what is wrong
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by AmazingELixir: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2022
xpool:

Inability to pay back loans is not limited to Nigerians, it is everywhere.

Have you ever heard of the word Bankruptcy?
It is not a Nigerian word ...

What set most Nigerians apart is their knowledge of the fact that these loans they apply for they do not have any repayment plan or even the capacity to payback yet they go ahead to take the loans hoping that by some uncommon miracle money will drop from heaven or somewhere.

And when they are boxed in they start eliciting pathos or comradery from the public as they feel they're entitled...such traits cuts across and to me it's a no_no.

The worst part is even those that have the capacity to repay deliberately default believing they can owe themselves out of debt.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by xpool(m): 8:05am On Jan 05, 2022
Lightway:
angry grin grin grin

Look at the criminals. After borrowing, you don't want to pay back... After committing suicide let your dead bodies and organs be sold to pay back the loan.

Can you imagine this rubbish. This is why you should avoid poor people in all that you do.

Poor people will reck your business no matter what

How can someone borrow you money and you don't want to pay back. Then you claim rubbish and commit suicide.

Let them die

We have too many fools in the country already.

Every Nigerian has criminal tendencies and you can see it here

Fools.

I know the Chinese have paid you peanuts for the rascality you just exhibited.
Yes, "let them die" as you will live forever.
And when they die, the loans will pay back itself.

CIRRECTION: Loan companies don't "borrow out" it is a phrase as wrong as you.
The word is Lend.

Half education!
No wonder you are filled with so much hate and phobia for the "poor "
You are such a misfit, socially.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Dreytonisback(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2022
See this life ehn
Ensure say you hustle ooo
Once a man starts opting for loan just know say water don pass garri

Just get the msg , HUSTLE

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:21am On Jan 05, 2022
Nonsense post! Did they force you to go and borrow from them, you have your family, friends, neighbors,colleagues at work or at crime whichever one you should have borrowed from. What about your banks. You refused to borrow from these sect of people and establishment and now you will say that the app loan is sharp sharp, app loans are not meant for people that have nothing doing and it is not meant for Amen shouters and prophecy claimers. It is meant for those who have something doing and are willing and eager to payback before or on a due date. Go and read their terms and conditions before you come here and start writing nonsense. I don't operate a Loan App but I hate rubbish and those who misuse opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by xpool(m): 8:23am On Jan 05, 2022
AmazingELixir:

What set most Nigerians apart is their knowledge of the fact that these loans they apply for they do not have any repayment plan or even the capacity to payback yet they go ahead to take the loans hoping that by some uncimmon miracle money will drop from heaven or somewhere.

And when they are boxed in they start eliciting pathos or comradery from the public as they feel they're entitled...such traits cuts across and to me it's a no_no.

It is still wrong assertion, there are billion dollar debts debts world over,, and bankruptcy as a last resort declared.
You have nothing to back up your assertion.
It is mere assumption and hateful too.
If Nigerians as you claimed, intensionally, with criminal desire take loans and deliberately do not pay back?:
1, How come the number of loan app companies and apps have quadrupled and are still increasing?
2, How come the companies are not closing down?
3,, Why is the loan market increasing and diversifying?

PLEASE DONT SAY WHAT YOU DONT KNOW.
ONE BAD EGG IN A BASKET OF EGGS DOEST NOT MAKE THE WHOLE EGGS IN THE BASKET BAD
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by amrichy(m): 8:39am On Jan 05, 2022
Ishitinyourlife:
This bastards have to be checked and highly regulated, close them down if needed or cite them for half of thier networth,they will have sense then
Who should we blame: the debtors that voluntarily borrowed money that they can't repay, or the loan company that's doing all they can to get back their money (so they can remain in business)?
If you lend someone money and he/she refuses to pay back and you need your money for important things, how would you feel? Wouldn't you be desperate to do whatever you can to get your money?
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by muheeb01(m): 8:40am On Jan 05, 2022
People should stop borrowing if they know they don't have capacity to pay....I cherished my rest of mind,that's why I don't like borrowing
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Johel(m): 8:45am On Jan 05, 2022
DONSIA:
And here is the ANONYMOUS COMPANY that can hide its own name and the sum of money thier victim are owing them by fighting dirty but they can go extra mile my attaching pictures of individual victim just to be at the receiving end. Thier own message context seff is like that of a criminal..

BECAUSE OF THE ATTACHED PICTURE, I HAD TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF TYPING WORDS BY WORDS

Mods please push forward
Cc
Freiburger
r231
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Don't blame any loan app...blame the idiotic borrowers whom refuses to pay back when due...if borrower commit suicide,he go still suffer for after life...and life still goes on.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by easzypeaszy(m): 8:48am On Jan 05, 2022
ignis:
if not dat ur head is nt balance on ur neck (pls send a pics so we cn comfirm) u wl kw dat u r talkin nonesense on dis topic
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by dROC1: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2022
They need to go back to using collateral but greed won't let them.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by phenase(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2022
grin grin grin Mr President is a chronic loan debtor. Learned from Mr President . grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

You're just spewing out rubbish!
Anyone who borrows money and intentionally avoids paying back is a criminal, and unfortunately most Nigerian borrowers are like that. What right does a criminal have? If there are terms and conditions, the borrower has to strive to avoid them being implemented on him/her.
This has nothing to do with being in the civilized society or not.
Congratulations, you enjoyed the privilege of having 2 minutes of my precious time. Inspite of glaring evidence to the fact that you are iredeemably obtuse, I still dedicated time to educate you on the basics of civilisation. Now you can go on hanging your ignorance round your neck since you think it is something to be proud of. FTHO!
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by ignis: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2022
easzypeaszy:
if not dat ur head is nt balance on ur neck (pls send a pics so we cn comfirm) u wl kw dat u r talkin nonesense on dis topic

Read with understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Make A Huge Success Online With PPD / Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? / Stay Away From Lcredit, They Are Worst Than Sokoloan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.