Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* (23719 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
Tip #2. . . . . . . Know your pressure point - The correct tire pressure is found on a sticker on the driver¹s door, doorpost or owner¹s manual NOT on the tire sidewall ­ that¹s the maximum pressure for the tire.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2011
Tip #3. Keep your cool - To accurately measure your tire pressure, check tires when they are cold. Wait at least three hours after driving.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2011
Tip #4. Take care of your spare - Check your spare tire each month and keep it properly inflated so it¹s ready to go when you need it most.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:23am On Aug 16, 2011
More tips to come
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2011
Tip #5: Penny for your thoughts - A penny can tell you if your tire is bald. Place a penny upside down into a tread groove. If you can see all of Lincoln's head, it's time for a new tire.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2011
Tip #6: Keep yourself in line - Be aware of potholes that can not only damage your tire but can also jar your car¹s alignment.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2011
Tip #7. Pick a date and rotate - Make sure you rotate your tires every 6,000 miles to promote uniform wear and longer tire life.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2011
Top Tip #8. Don¹t take a spin without a cap - Driving without your tire valve cap allows for a slow leak of air from the tire and eventual underinflation.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2011
More tips to follow
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
You have to have your heart in the business and the business in your heart
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
Tip #9. Don¹t lose your balance - It is important to have your tire balance checked periodically to avoid irregular wear.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
Tip #10. Be a weight-watcher - Overloading your vehicle stresses your tires and can lead to damage.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2011
Watch out for the next information . . . . . .We promise to give the best at all times
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
Wanna know more about how to conserve your gas in the car?
Stay tuned
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2011
I did not know this thread is still going. Well done in keeping it going, the videos are a nice touch but you must remember that it is not everybody that can watch videos online and maybe make allowance for that.
Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2011
Bros, I'm sorry oh I just saw that you are posting the tips also. I did not read it well, I thought they were motivational/inspirational quotes.
You on the ball, kudos!
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 12:25am On Aug 18, 2011
[size=18pt]5 Car Tire Care Tips[/size]

1. Check and Adjust Wheel Alignment

The direction your tires track down the road are dependent on the alignment of the two axles (or 4 wheels if you have independent suspension). So, you need to make sure that those two axles are parallel. If they aren’t, then they are working against each other and creating odd wear on the tires. It is recommended that you have this done every 12,000 miles or year.

2.  Maintain Proper Air Pressure

Improper air pressure in your tires will cause wear. If you don’t have enough pressure, the tire bows in, making the outside of the tires wear. And vice versa if the tires are over-inflated. Luckily, this isn’t an expensive piece of maintenance. You can easily keep your own tires properly inflated by checking them each time you put fuel in your vehicle.

3. Rotate and Re-balance Tires

This is a simple service that most auto shops will do for free if you purchased tires from them. Tires are made of rubber and they naturally wear out. Since your tires can never be perfectly balanced, your tires may wear in a less-than-uniform pattern. Rotating your tires (moving them to a different axle) will increase the chances that your tires wear more evenly. The recommendation is to rotate and re-balance every 6,000 miles or six months. Here’s a how to video for rotating your tires yourself:

4. Check and Replace Suspension and Steering Components

This is something that your mechanic should be looking for when they are aligning the wheels. Worn parts can affect your ability to properly align the car.

5. Maintain Good Shocks and Struts

If you keep fresh shocks and struts in your car, your tires will last longer. Some recommend replacing shocks and struts every 50,000 miles. But it really depends on your vehicle and driving conditions.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 12:32am On Aug 18, 2011
@ Fhemmmy Motors
I should have asked first, I hope contributions are welcomed. The Auto Section need threads like this, if you don't mind I want to be a contributor.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:20am On Aug 18, 2011
Sicherheit:

@ Fhemmmy Motors
I should have asked first, I hope contributions are welcomed. The Auto Section need threads like this, if you don't mind I want to be a contributor.

Yes, Yes and more Yes . . . . we are all here to learn from one another to make us have a good ride oh . . . .so please feel free to even post on it more than me sef . . . thanks
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2011
Watch out for the next topic of Do it Yourself
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
your ideas are welcome too
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by blank(f): 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
Pls, i have a problem with my Hyundai Tucson 2007 model. It keeps jerking anything i press down on the accelerator (hope i got the spelling). Lately, it has been getting worse. I have just changed the fuel pump and now it drinks fuel like a V12 engine. Previously, i have changed the injector, i use injector cleaner, i only buy fuel from Total, I do the regular servicing. I have never missed a servicing. I am so frustrated with it. Could it be an electrical problem?
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2011
blank:

Pls, i have a problem with my Hyundai Tucson 2007 model. It keeps jerking anything i press down on the accelerator (hope i got the spelling). Lately, it has been getting worse. I have just changed the fuel pump and now it drinks fuel like a V12 engine. Previously, i have changed the injector, i use injector cleaner, i only buy fuel from Total, I do the regular servicing. I have never missed a servicing. I am so frustrated with it. Could it be an electrical problem?

First of all, I will like to confirm that the ride can not be a V12 . . . .
Tucson are made with 2.0L I4 or 2.7L V6.

But regardless of the problem, it is not about the size of the engine.
Lemme ask, is it only when you press the accelerator and what happened when you break?
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2011
Another thing:

Could be a vacuum hose leak, normally around the intake plenum;or an air leak somewhere on the plenum.
A fuel injector wire connection loose,
A bad coil would cause that
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
blank:

According to the Experts.

Car trouble symptoms: Car jerks when you accelerate to gain speed.

Car problem diagnostics: When the car jerks during acceleration occurs when the temperature is cold or the engine is cold, this only indicates a problem on the distributor cap. Moisture is formed inside the distributor cap during the night when the weather is cold or when it’s raining. The moisture that forms will cause the engine to misfire thus engine power becomes not even and the car will jerk when accelerating.

Car problem diagnostics: during the night when the weather is cold or when it’s raining. The moisture that forms will cause the engine to misfire thus engine power becomes not even and the car will jerk when accelerating.

However if the problem occurs gradually and as the day passes it becomes worst then the possibilities is that there is problem of vacuum leak. Vacuum leak start small then become worst gradually because of the pressure inside the engine, the vacuum is one of the key factors in determining how much fuel is needed by the engine, if there is a vacuum leak the air/fuel mixture will not be in the right proportion thus making the car jerks when accelerating.

Another possible cause is a bad throttle position sensor, this will be the cause if the problem occurs at any engine temperature and if you encounter the problem constantly since the time you start noticing it but this is only possible for fuel injected vehicle. Throttle position sensor is a device that measure the distance of the accelerator pedal from its original position when you depressed the pedal. The reading of the throttle position sensor will be transmitted to the car computer system to determine how much fuel is injected by the fuel injection system into the car engine. If the throttle position sensor is bad then the data that it will send to the computer will be wrong and will affect how much fuel will be injected inside the engine thus making the jerk during acceleration.
According to what you have written, the bold paragraph could be your problem. With Naija mechanics you have to be specific or they will do trial and error on your car, so maybe when you take it to them next time tell them to check your vacuum leak.
Feedback is welcome so others can learn too.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by blank(f): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2011
Thanks. Will take it back to Hyundai's workshop. U would think the makers should know what could be wrong.

@ Fhemmy, its only on acceleration. When braking its fine.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 2:07am On Aug 19, 2011
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by blank(f): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2011
Also, when i mentioned V12 engine i meant it was consuming a lot of fuel not that it actually was a V12.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2011
Sicherheit:

According to the Experts.
According to what you have written, the bold paragraph could be your problem. With Naija mechanics you have to be specific or they will do trial and error on your car, so maybe when you take it to them next time tell them to check your vacuum leak.
Feedback is welcome so others can learn too.

That is a great one and a good one . . . . . . Keep the advice coming, together we could all help.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2011
blank:

Thanks. Will take it back to Hyundai's workshop. U would think the makers should know what could be wrong.

@ Fhemmy, its only on acceleration. When braking its fine.

Please do and good luck with them . . . . .
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2011
Any more from anyone?
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
Here comes the New Topic: Why Is My Car Using So Much Gas?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16)

What does The Law Says Concerning HACKNEY Permit / 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) / 4 Top Cars In 2018 That Will Give You The Assurance You Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.