Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* (23715 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2011
***************Why Is My Car Using So Much? **********************
There has been few questions and stress regarding the fuel consumption on rides on NL and off NL, now let us all take time to discuss . . .  Learn, disagree to agree while we find a way to change aall that.

Several factors can affect fuel usage. You can monitor some of these factors yourself but others may require a mechanic. Keep in mind that larger, heavier vehicles use more fuel than smaller, lighter ones. And remember that the manufacturer's and the Environmental Protection Agency's estimated miles-per-gallon is just an estimate.

Enjoy!!!

[flash=560,345]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9rC2EyCqxE?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2011
Driving Style
Cars get the best gas mileage at about 2,100 RPMs. For highway driving this is at about 60 miles per hour for most cars. Frequent acceleration and braking, as in traffic and city driving, and driving faster than 60 miles per hour can reduce your gas mileage.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 12:40am On Aug 20, 2011
Too much waste money on gas could be annoying
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2011
Fix it and enjoy your ride better
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2011
Another good topic chairman, I'll add my contribution soon. I have a suggestion, you should put petrol or gas in the title so people can know what the new topic is about.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2011
Sicherheit:

Another good topic chairman, I'll add my contribution soon. I have a suggestion, you should put petrol or gas in the title so people can know what the new topic is about.

Please feel free to comment and let us all contribute . . . that is a great suggestion, will do that right away
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2011
FUEL ECONOMY

Video shows how driving style can affect MPG and offers tips on how to improve fuel economy

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oro2Usn6P0g?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

No matter where you drive, there are some simple things you can do now to increase your fuel economy:

First, check your tire pressure regularly. Just one psi under-inflated can reduce fuel economy by 3%.

Second, get the junk out of the trunk. Those golf clubs, mega-size toolkits and bags of traction salt are forcing your engine to work harder than it should.

Keep your car tuned up. A well-maintained car will run more efficiently.

And finally, commit to driving less often. Carpool to work or school, and consider walking or biking for short trips.

Getting the most economy out of your car just makes sense, and the rewards go way beyond mere dollars and cents. Driving smart is a decision that we all can live with. So, step off the gas, and take a stride towards efficient motoring!

Disclaimer - This video was not made by me, I found it on a State Public Service Website that provides free videos for download.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2011
^^^Nice one . . . keep them coming
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 11:58pm On Aug 20, 2011
CLICK HERE For More Fhemmy Motors Customer Care Videos
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:53am On Aug 21, 2011
Let us all learn together
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2011
More to come
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2011
You can control your your fuel consumption
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:58am On Aug 22, 2011
If you ride ought to use Premium gas, please dont use regular . . . . although, not sure of Nigerian gas stations oh
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
The oil companies are too rich for you to wanna give them more of your little . . . . .Drive save and save on gas
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
Many of us have seen the fuel stickers stating the MPG (Miles per Gallons) of the car we want to buy but do we know what it means and how it affects how much we spend on fuel?

How Does Fuel Efficiency Work

High gas prices have become more of an everyday occurrence than a surprise or shock; it is for this reason that fuel efficiency has become one of the most important issues for both car companies and consumers. Commercials, marketing campaigns and even government proposals all revolve around the idea of increasing fuel efficiency, but for many the question still arises, “what exactly is fuel efficiency and how does it work?” There are a lot of terms that float around in reference to fuel efficiency, the most common for Americans being Miles per gallon (MPG).

In the United States fuel efficiency is broken down into three categories -

1) Highway MPG,
2) City MPG
3) Combined MPG.

With less frequent stopping and acceleration on the freeway, highway miles per gallon are usually significantly greater than that of the city. It is for this reason that the combined MPG is presented; it gives a more accurate presentation of fuel efficiency to consumers. Understanding fuel efficiency allows one to see which cars are truly fuel efficient and which are gas guzzling and wasteful.

In today’s age of wide ranging fuel efficiency, an SUV car owner can spend $4 at the pump to travel 13 miles, while a hybrid owner can go more than 40 miles after spending the same amount of money. How does this happen? One must understand the workings of fuel efficiency to answer that question. Though miles per gallon seem fairly simply in its definition, to completely understand how fuel efficiency works, one must look at the definition in more detail.

Fuel efficiency can be defined as the proportion of energy released by a fuel combustion process converted into useful work. The necessity of measuring fuel efficiency comes from the inability to get a 100% of useful work from burned gasoline; a great deal of energy is lost in combustion as heat or lost while braking and is therefore not useful. It is through this definition that we begin to see how fuel efficiency works.

Fuel efficiency is affected by a variety of factors; weight, size, aerodynamics and friction all affect the fuel efficiency of a car. Even common factors such as wind resistance and bumper to bumper traffic effect vehicle’s fuel efficiency on a daily basis. Countless hours of research and tests are done to determine a car’s fuel efficiency. This research includes factoring in the varying effects of acceleration, braking and urban life.

Regardless of the way it is encountered, researches have made it clear that the more resistance that a vehicle is subject to, the more fuel the engine has to burn and the less fuel efficient the vehicle becomes. Knowing about fuel efficiency can help to explain many of the MPG disparities that exist. Any vehicle that gets more than 30 MPG can be considered exceptionally fuel efficient by today’s standards and any vehicle with less than 20 MPG should be known as a fuel efficiency abomination.

So how does fuel efficiency work? It works by allowing people to know how well their vehicle processes fuel and subsequently, how much work they can get out of their car per gallon of gasoline. MPG is not only a figure for car companies to promote, it is a practical look into a car’s value.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by cretin: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
nice post!
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
Keep all the great ideas coming
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
Give your own ideas as well
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
Fhemmmy:

If you ride ought to use Premium gas, please dont use regular . . . .  although, not sure of Nigerian gas stations oh
Very good advice and to add to it, always check your car manual to see what type of petrol your car uses. Some people will ask what is the difference, i think this article can help us understand the difference between premium and regular.

What’s the difference between premium-grade and regular gasoline?
With slight variations—depending on the crude oil and the refining and blending processes used in production—all gasoline grades contain the same amount of chemical energy. When combusted, premium (high-octane) gasoline and the less-expensive (and less-glamorous) regular, and all grades in between, provide the same amount of thermal energy, or heat, which an engine uses to generate the mechanical power that moves a vehicle.

There is, however, another aspect to this question, notes Ahmed Ghoniem, the Ronald C. Crane Professor of Mechanical Engineering at MIT: How much of that raw heat energy can the engine actually convert into mechanical energy? “One can argue that using high-octane fuels in the right engine ultimately leads to more mechanical power from the same amount of fuel,” he says.

In other words, higher-octane fuel confers an advantage in some cars, but not others. It allows performance-oriented engines (specifically, those with higher compression ratios) to burn gasoline at higher pressures and higher temperatures. These conditions at the moment of combustion create better thermodynamic efficiency, so a greater percentage of the gasoline’s heat energy gets converted into motive power.

Octane rating is a measure of grace under pressure: how evenly a gasoline will burn under difficult conditions, like hard acceleration. Ideally, the vaporized gasoline inside an engine’s cylinder burns by the propagation of a wave of flame, ignited by the cylinder’s spark plug. This allows a smooth transfer of power to the engine’s crankshaft and the car’s wheels. But at higher pressures or temperatures, small pockets of gasoline vapor can prematurely explode, or self-ignite, creating a distinctive “knocking” sound, as well as potentially destructive shock waves.

Gasoline with a higher octane rating does not self-ignite easily, and burns more evenly than lower-octane fuel under harsh conditions, resisting detonation and knocking. Modern engines, with electronic sensors and controls, are very good at preventing detonation of lower-octane gas (this is why drivers no longer hear much knocking). But high-octane fuel is still specified when designers want to achieve better acceleration and power output, and when they are willing to accept a slightly bulkier and heavier engine with higher operating costs. — Peter Dunn
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:19am On Aug 23, 2011
^^^ That is a great and wonderful post . . . .Keep them coming
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by emmyz09(m): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2011
hello femmy hw is business pls hw much is mercedez benz vboot full options auto and 4 cylinders wit fuel economy? Pls i need this piece of info asap also send me ur mobile no i misplaced my fone
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
emmyz09:

hello femmy hw is business pls hw much is mercedez benz vboot full options auto and 4 cylinders wit fuel economy? Pls i need this piece of info asap also send me your mobile no i misplaced my fone

Please this thread is not for selling car at all, it is only for advice on Car tips . . . . please go to one of our other threads where we sell.
Thanks for your understanding
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
Do not waste the money you work so hard for on gas . . . .
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
Air Filters:
A dirty air filter can reduce your gas mileage. Checking it, or having it checked every time you have the oil changed, and changing it when necessary can help increase your fuel efficiency.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2011
Air Conditioning Use:
Running the air conditioner reduces fuel efficiency. Try allowing the vehicle to be a little warmer in the summer, or rolling down the windows when you are traveling at slow speeds.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
Other Factors::
Faulty spark plugs, dragging brakes, kinked vacuum lines and faulty fuel injectors can cause your car to use more fuel than you think it should. Take your car to a mechanic; he should be able to identify the problem.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by blank(f): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2011
Hi guys, just got feedback from Hyundai. There is no vacuum hose leak and the throttle sensor position is OK. They also changed the fuel pump as well as the fuel injector done previously. It is still jerking. Any more ideas?
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 1:14am On Aug 24, 2011
blank:

Hi guys, just got feedback from Hyundai. There is no vacuum hose leak and the throttle sensor position is OK. They also changed the fuel pump as well as the fuel injector done previously. It is still jerking. Any more ideas?
I did some research into your problem and it looks like this is a well know issues with Hyundai Tucson when it is over a certain miles (60,000 and up). It is even documented in the TSB (Technical service Bulletin). The general consensus is that it happens when the[b] Vacuum Hose[/b] has come loose or the Throttle Position Sensor needs replacement since it does not look like that's the problem with your car, then maybe they should check the transmission. This is what one of the online mechanics said

hmmm,  sounds like a transmission issue, check the level and condition of the fluid. does the engine seem to rev excessively? if the fluid is black or really dark red then it time for a flush, but id the transmission is slipping now some damage might have been done and it might need replacement.

You can read more Here
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
blank:

Sicherheit has said it all.
However, please tell me that the Hyundai in Nigeria at least tested the machine before you left there, dont they notice the problem?
How come they would let you drive out of their lot with such problem?

I will advice that you go back there and ask them why they will not do something about it, at least it is their ride, their brand and you are not asking for a favor
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by blank(f): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2011
It is still there with them. Seems like they are at their wits end as well. Let me give them the last options Sicherheit posted. This thing na real wah.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2011
blank:

It is still there with them. Seems like they are at their wits end as well. Let me give them the last options Sicherheit posted. This thing na real wah.

Yes, that is real wa and to know that they are just making money and have no idea how to take care of their own product . . . that is pathetic.
Was yours assembled in America or South Africa?
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by blank(f): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ Fhemmy, Don't know o! I bought it brand new in Lagos. How do i check?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16)

What does The Law Says Concerning HACKNEY Permit / 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) / 4 Top Cars In 2018 That Will Give You The Assurance You Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.