Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* (23720 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2011
blank:

@ Fhemmy, Don't know o! I bought it brand new in Lagos. How do i check?

Should be able to get that info from the package that you were given.

Or from the metal plate by the driver's door, should have something like "Assembled at "

If you cant find it, i am sure the dealer should be able to give you the info . . . . . . Is the ride presently with same dealer that sold it to you?
I am asking all these, cos i have always said it that the Brand New sold in Nigeria and assembled in South Africa are stripped down version of the real thing
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by sylve11: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
Phemmy i need this car, how much is it going to cost me including transportion. My guy seriously wants it, so i decided to contact u. cool

Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
blank:

It is still there with them. Seems like they are at their wits end as well. Let me give them the last options Sicherheit posted. This thing na real wah.
It's good that it is still there with them and you are not driving it because the problem sometimes escalate and the car starts stalling. It is a well documented problem with tucsons.
Good luck and let us know how it went.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2011
@Sylve11 . . . . . .Please go to one of our thread where we offer rides for sale . . . this thread is solely for information and to help Nairalanders with problem on their rides. . . . we will not be giving any pricing on rides here, thanks for your understanding and cooperation

Sicherheit:

It's good that it is still there with them and you are not driving it because the problem sometimes escalate and the car starts stalling. It is a well documented problem with tucsons.
Good luck and let us know how it went.

Hope they will be able to help her . . . just surprised that Hyundai aint able to diagnose it.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
According to "Time" magazine, one of the first cars--the Ford Model T--achieved a fuel efficiency of about 21 miles per gallon. However, fuel efficiency decreased after this because cars gained power, and gasoline was so plentiful and cheap that most people did not care. Now that the world faces dwindling gas supplies, people are trying to find ways to make their cars more efficient.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
Dont waste the gas
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
Standard Loss::
The internal combustion itself is not very efficient, losing about 62.4 percent of the energy from gasoline just from engine losses, according to the U.S. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Agency's Fuel Economy. A car loses another 17.2 percent due to idling and 7.8 percent from other losses. In total, only about 15 percent of the energy from gasoline goes toward moving the tires.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by superstar1(m): 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2011
Hi Fhemmy,

Pls i need a HONDA ACCORD 2007, full option, alloy wheel. let me know your price. I am dead serious and it is urgent. pix of available ones will be appreciated
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 3:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
superstar1:

Hi Fhemmy,

Pls i need a HONDA ACCORD 2007, full option, alloy wheel. let me know your price. I am dead serious and it is urgent. pix of available ones will be appreciated

Please make all your inquiries on our Pre-Order thread . . . this thread is only for educating ourselves on different issues on automobiles. . . .  Thanks for your understand

Misconceptions:::
The fuel efficiency estimates provided by the U.S. EPA are not always accurate, according to "USA Today." EPA estimates are based on optimal driving conditions and do not take into account things like driving in cold weather and making short trips that waste gas. In addition, only 15 percent of vehicles are actually tested for efficiency--the rest are based on company paper calculations.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by sylve11: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
@Phemmy, please put link where to acces one of those topics. Please. cool
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by thithi(f): 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
u can easily see his thread for preorder.
oga fhemmmy why not put the link here for them to see as well?
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2011
superstar1:

Hi Fhemmy,

sylve11:

@Phemmy, please put link where to acces one of those topics. Please. cool

FHEMMY MOTORS PRE-ORDER THREAD
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2011
MOST FUEL EFFICIENT CARS

Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by baron2000(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
Fhemmy,
Please advice. Why does my throttle suddenly stop working while im driving on the highway? I would have to park and then wait a few seconds and re start. this will happen again after about 10km. This happens almost every day. Please reply. Thanks.

NOTE
I drive a 2003 altima.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 1:22am On Aug 26, 2011
baron2000:

Fhemmy,
Please advice. Why does my throttle suddenly stop working while im driving on the highway? I would have to park and then wait a few seconds and re start. this will happen again after about 10km. This happens almost every day. Please reply. Thanks.

NOTE
I drive a 2003 altima.
Three things
1) Failing Fuel Pump - When the fuel pump is bad, it causes the engine to cut out at high RPMs, when the car needs more fuel.
2) Clogged Fuel Filter - When there is too much Dirt in your filter, it can cause your throttle to stop because fuel isn't going into your engine
3) Bad Ignition Coil - If that one too is going bad it can cause the car to stop when it overheats.
Most likely it is either the fuel pump or fuel filter or both needs to be replaced
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 1:46am On Aug 26, 2011
SYMPTOMS OF A BAD FUEL PUMP

[flash=560,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9GLIm5l-H8?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sicherheit:

Three things
1) Failing Fuel Pump - When the fuel pump is bad, it causes the engine to cut out at high RPMs, when the car needs more fuel.
2) Clogged Fuel Filter - When there is too much Dirt in your filter, it can cause your throttle to stop because fuel isn't going into your engine
3) Bad Ignition Coil - If that one too is going bad it can cause the car to stop when it overheats.
Most likely it is either the fuel pump or fuel filter or both needs to be replaced

Brilliant . . . . Keep them coming
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
baron2000:

Fhemmy,

NOTE
I drive a 2003 altima.

The gentleman have said it all . . . . .Good luck
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by blank(f): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
They said that they have found the issue. That it is a bad ignition coil. Can a bad ignition coil cos the Tucson to be jerking while accelerating? I am really surprised. Waiting for the car to be delivered to me and see if that stuff has stopped happening.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2011
blank:

They said that they have found the issue. That it is a bad ignition coil. Can a bad ignition coil cos the Tucson to be jerking while accelerating? I am really surprised. Waiting for the car to be delivered to me and see if that stuff has stopped happening.

That sounds right but that should have been one of the first things to check. Anyway, thank God they have figured it out, just make sure one of them is in the car with you when you test drive it.

Signs of a Bad Ignition Coil

An ignition coil is inside the ignition assembly and transfers the 12-volt electrical signal from the battery into the voltage needed to make the spark plugs spark. Because the ignition coil is responsible for making the plugs spark, it is sometimes called a spark coil. When an ignition coil goes bad, it can manifest itself with one or more signs and symptoms.

No Spark
If the ignition coil goes bad, the battery's 12-volt current will not be converted for the spark plugs, and no spark will occur. Without spark, the engine will not start.

Poor Function
If the coil is going bad but is still marginally functional, it will provide electrical current for some of the plugs, but not all. This problem may be mistaken as a bad spark plug. If the weak coil cannot maintain a spark for all the plugs, the vehicle will run poorly and may buck, feel sluggish, fail to accelerate properly, run loudly and shake.

Stalling
If the coil is bad but still functional, the car may stall one day while running and not start again. This happens when it goes completely bad.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2011
blank:

You mean after so long, they never really checked that and they have been giving you a run around?
They ought to be paying you some money for the trouble you have gone true, but like the gentleman said, thank God they at least found that out and let us hope they can fix it.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2011
I try to post this since yesterday but the spambot kepts hammering me

Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms

A fuel filter keeps out dirt or debris particles from a vehicle's fuel line and prevents their entry into a vehicle engine. A filter that goes bad or fails to function properly can cause an assortment of abnormal engine problems. Learn to recognize the most common symptoms of a bad fuel filter to keep your car running smoothly.

Engine Hesitation
A bad fuel filter can cause an engine to hesitate, or stumble, if the filter restricts the flow of fuel into a vehicle's engine.

Engine Stalling
The main cause of engine stalling is a sudden break in fuel flow to the engine, a condition that often occurs when a fuel filter becomes blocked with debris or sediments and stops fuel from entering a vehicle's engine.

Rough Engine Idle
A rough engine idle is a common condition that can occur from either incomplete engine combustion or restrictions in the amount of fuel reaching an engine. A bad fuel filter can often reduce the flow of fuel to an engine to the degree that normal engine combustion is negatively affected. This can cause, among other things, a rough, erratic engine idle.

Reduced Engine Power
If fuel flow to a vehicle's engine is reduced, it prevents normal engine combustion and causes a noticeable reduction in engine power output. A bad fuel filter, especially one that is plugged, can restrict fuel flow to a vehicle's engine enough to impede engine combustion, which leads to a decrease in engine power.

No-Start Condition
If a bad fuel filter completely stops fuel flow to a vehicle's engine, the vehicle will not start. An engine relies on the ignition of fuel and air to start and operate.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2011
I don't know why my post is not showing? undecided
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sicherheit:

I don't know why my post is not showing? undecided

If the post is so long, it might be caught by the anti-spam bot . . . . .
Break the message down into smaller pieces . . . . .
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2011
Any idea on what topic for us to discuss next?
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 11:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
Give us a nice next topic to take care of . . . together, we could have a better Auto section
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2011
We care about you and your safety
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Sicherheit(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
Fhemmmy:

If the post is so long, it might be caught by the anti-spam bot . . . . .
Break the message down into smaller pieces . . . . .

I have been on ban since yesterday, they just released me.
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2011
Sicherheit:

I have been on ban since yesterday, they just released me.

I am glad you are back . . . . . .
Re: Fhemmy Motors Presents: Auto Security Tips *Video Attached* by Fhemmmy: 1:35am On Aug 29, 2011
What do u wanna see next

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16)

What does The Law Says Concerning HACKNEY Permit / 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) / 4 Top Cars In 2018 That Will Give You The Assurance You Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.