Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music (62814 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Prince Dele Banjo's Letter To Kumuyi / Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by emmalexdboy(m): 10:25am On Jan 23, 2022
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by lebron7(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2022
Kai
Nigerians lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by jclassiq(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2022
grin grin
What a conservative deeper life member!!

Well according to Pastor Rick Warren, "There is nothing like gospel and secular music. Every music is just music. The lyrics of the music, is what determines whether it's gospel or secular."

So sir, may be you should try to live a little; open the windows of your mind and let some light stream inside.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by israel90: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2022
These people never realized they have been scammed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by phemmyfour: 10:29am On Jan 23, 2022
Righteousness2:
Brother, as a young man born in Deeper life Bible Church in the Early 80's and Grommed in DLBC until 2004 when I moved to the The Lords Chosen, I must say you have a very Valid Protest!

I Perceive GOD is using you to Pass a Strong Message to His Church.

I Pray HIS Servant and one of the Core Holiness Apostles of this Generation, Pastor WF Kumuyi takes note of this Peaceful Protest.
Spiritual illiterate, even the hymn is a culture influenced genre of music.

God is not against singing to him in any form of genre. David wasn't singing hymns when he danced unto the Lord

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by LordIsaac(m): 10:30am On Jan 23, 2022
That's the problem.....Deeper Life young people born from around 1985 and above are confused o....if there's a change, it should be made clear. All those traditions that engender hypocrisy rather than true worship MUST be abolished!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Donedeal1(m): 10:30am On Jan 23, 2022
Changes is inevitable, so just get the cruise.
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by fyneguy: 10:30am On Jan 23, 2022
Sheleads:
I am waiting for deeper life members to come confirm the truth in this allegation, because i don't believe that Pastor Kumuyi can backslide to this extent... Mbanunu.

Any Christian doctrine that has no basis in the scriptures, is nothing but heresy. Worse still, some of these doctrines are not globally applicable. Christianity is not just for Nigerians.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by obinoral1179(m): 10:31am On Jan 23, 2022
Righteousness2:
Brother, as a young man born in Deeper life Bible Church in the Early 80's and Grommed in DLBC until 2004 when I moved to the The Lords Chosen, I must say you have a very Valid Protest!

I Perceive GOD is using you to Pass a Very Strong Message to His Church.

I Pray HIS Servant and one of the Core Holiness Apostles of this Generation, Pastor WF Kumuyi takes note of this Peaceful Protest.
In as much I agree with what he said he shouldn't be protesting in this manner they are many ways he can channel his grievance to the church.... You don't discuss family issues in presence of a stranger..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by IpobAntidote: 10:32am On Jan 23, 2022
All these useless churches disturbing public peace with all sorts or loud noise. I have told people around my properties that if you sell your land or house to any person that converts it into a church and start disturbing me with unnecessary loud music and noise, I have a very simple solution for them. I will buy speakers louder than whatever they have at any cost and blast crazy music back into their compounds until they stop that nonsense.
Call me whatever you want, but no one has the right to disturb others. You can call to prayer or make quick announcement but you cannot continue to play loud music and bands for hours especially at odd hours. nothing but noise pollution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2022
Nosayer:

So the gospel artistes that were invited to sing at Deeper Life programs are going to hell fire and Pastor Kumuyi is now one of their accomplice?

Can we differentiate what it means to have true knowledge of Christ apart from being inclined towards religion?

Mr Righteousness, I'm disappointed in you sir. You actually belong to those who think righteousness is only by the garment you wear, the way you walk etc (salvation by work).

As long as the pastor is not telling people to go against the principles of Jesus, the rest of the traditions can rot away as they should.

Nowhere in that piece did he mention hell fire and you know it! Don't twist things up, please.

1 Like

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by IpobAntidote: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2022
israel90:
These people never realized they have been scammed

grin grin grin
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by YorubaIsCursed: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2022
Yoruba mentality self angry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by IpobAntidote: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2022
Ola17:
Brother Kumuyi, like every good businessman is restrategizing and following the market trends so I wonder why the sheeples are getting their panties in a bunch over good business practices

So very true. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by TooMuchStuff: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2022
All na Scam

1 Like

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by StayMotivated: 10:36am On Jan 23, 2022
Are you also criticising the decision of Kumuyi to invite Dunsin Oyekan?
Righteousness2:

I Perceive GOD is using you to Pass a Very Strong Message to His Church. The ways of GOD ALMIGHTY are not the ways of Men.
The HOLY GOD will not change HIS Standard because of a Changing World.

1 Like

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by ObaniOLUWA: 10:36am On Jan 23, 2022
Please everyone, there is a question I will like to ask. All the things Jesus told us in the Bible, in the book of new testament, can we still follow it in today's world or how do we apply the teaching?
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by emaderocha(m): 10:36am On Jan 23, 2022
As a child born and raised in deeper Christian life ministry,the word of God is the doctrine of the church,the church has 23 cardinal doctrines from the bible and the church upholds these doctrines,number one in that doctrine is holiness and the church in no way has compromised that.those crying and weeping for the changes presently in the church mode of worship should realise that as we learn everyday in life about new innovations and strategies,it will only be wise that we apply our present knowlege to present situations and realities. Thanks and God bless .HAPPY SUNDAY

12 Likes

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Rawtruth1: 10:36am On Jan 23, 2022
I was groomed in Deeper life from my teenage to adulthood. I was at Ayobo, Deeper life Bible school and attended many workers meetings from 1985 to 1999.

The truth is that some things are falling apart. I don't know whether it's because of the age of our Daddy in the Lord. But his recent romance with politicians and other worldly minded musicians and individuals is raising alarms in the minds of his children both in Deeper life and other churches.

The protest is apt and valid

8 Likes

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Richy4(m): 10:36am On Jan 23, 2022
Most of them have actually gone to heaven to see and mastered the kind of songs God appreciates grin...Holiness songs indeed..

The question should have been was those gospel musicians there to entertain him and the congregation or to glorify God? sad........

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Karleb(m): 10:38am On Jan 23, 2022
This man is pained that he has been lied to.

He should have gotten the memo when the church started using TV.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Basicend: 10:38am On Jan 23, 2022
Lighthouse50:
I was shocked too to see Nathaniel bassey in their crusade handbill and was over shocked when kumuyi addressed him as evangelist bassey on the crusage ground when hymns could have been sung by the glorious choir of the church. Nathaniel bassey is not a member. Why rate him above church choir? I see publicity sake

You guys are just religious and that's it.

Why must he use deeper life choir and hyms all the time. . Are deeper life choir members from heaven and completely sinless? Be deceiving yourselves.

Those guys you are criticizing and calling worldly are anointed and have done many great things for God and his kingdom. Wake up from your sleep of carnality.

How has Kumuyi trespassed?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by emmeyen: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Main reason why you should follow God and not man because man will definitely derail as a result of the fallibility of the human nature. Funny enough a lot of the members don't even have an understanding of why certain doctrines were laid in the church. They just swallow it without even praying about them and asking God for confirmation. Just recently God had opened my eyes to see that a lot of these songs we sing are not accepted as a lot of the composers are just fame seekers and noise makers. Look up to Jesus who is the author and finisher of your faith and not man. Simple!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by arinze18: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am not trying to hold brief for the one you responded to,only the claim you made caught my attention.. undecided

Jesus Christ warned against the teaching of doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) declaring that they are all lies that lead men away from the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. According to Jesus Christ, a belief steeped in lies will never turn out to be true and this is a logical rule really ...

TRUE + FALSE = FALSE
FALSE + (- TRUE) = FALSE

So where do you get this idea that when the rest of the traditions(all lies) rot away, somehow Truth that is of Jesus Christ will be revealed? undecided

Well said my dear
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by nkemoma(m): 10:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Righteousness2:

I Perceive GOD is using you to Pass a Very Strong Message to HIS Church and HIS servant. The ways of GOD ALMIGHTY are not the ways of Men.
The ALMIGHTY HOLY GOD will not change HIS Standard because of a Changing World.

All of YOU are scams and frauds

Una never see anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by fujirice: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Righteousness2:

I Perceive GOD is using you to Pass a Very Strong Message to HIS Church and HIS servant. The ways of GOD ALMIGHTY are not the ways of Men.

…and you typed this on a phone? Why not write it on a stone tablet or better still on a scroll since God will not change his ways for man.
Hypocrite.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by oluwafeolami(m): 10:40am On Jan 23, 2022
Some people just crazy for this life sha. Carrying the white man’s religion for head like gala. No be the same God create the musicians he is calling worldly? If by chance he is to broker a legit deal worth 500m with any of these so called worldly musicians in his assertion will he decline? Why put religion ahead of humanity u crazy extremists? God of the Jehovah’s witnesses is d same as d God of olumba olumba, same as God of cac or any church or mode of worship u know cos we are humans first before religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by emperordelis(m): 10:40am On Jan 23, 2022
Righteousness2:

You left deeper life and joined Lords chosen?? Omo,this explains a lot on how that brain of yours functions and most of the thrash you spew here

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Heterodox(m): 10:42am On Jan 23, 2022
Slaves arguing with one another.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by AntiWailer: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2022
Righteousness2:

You were in chosen ?

That explains your erratic positions.

You honestly need help. Try get psychiatric help Bro. The earlier the better.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Basicend: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2022
Rawtruth1:
I was groomed in Deeper life from my teenage to adulthood. I was at Ayobo, Deeper life Bible school and attended many workers meetings from 1985 to 1999.

The truth is that some things are falling apart. I don't know whether it's because of the age of our Daddy in the Lord. But his recent romance with politicians and other worldly minded musicians and individuals is raising alarms in the minds of his children both in Deeper life and other churches.

The protest is apt and valid

When men grow old, they begin to change and behave a little like children with mistakes.

Baba is gradually ageing and he has tried a lot. But in this case I have not seen anything wrong.
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by balladin: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2022
Righteousness2:

The church should be ready for the final move of God in these last days and DLBC should strive not to be left behind in this move of the spirit. The Bible says in Joel 2.28 that in the also days God will pour out His spirit on all flesh. Guess we haven't quite understood that prophesy.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bishop Tom Samson Wins "Best Pastor Of The Year" Award, Poses In His Limousine / Members Beat Pastor James Mugo After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16,000 To Unlock 2022 / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.