Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? (52839 Views)

COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) / US President Vs UK Prime Minister’s Motorcade (photo) / Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Paperbag(m): 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2022
Akharmony:
America flag self no b joke not to tlk of the first citizen . .

Lol grin grin grin

They can literally put over 7 marines life at risk just to recuse an american flag from another country grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by juman(m): 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2022
I dont like american leaders.
Most of their politicians are very very stupid.
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Paperbag(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2022
Praxis758:
The US president does not travell with those security agents you mentioned.

It's only the Secret Service that is constitutionally mandated to secure and protect the US presidency.

No military, police or FBI has business with White House affairs.

Lol you are very wrong bro ...
Marines goes with him ...

They sweep the location he will be in for like a week before he even appears ...

Even for him to move just 5 blocks away from the white house is a real crisis for sss ...not to talk of being in another country ,go and check how much goes into moving him into another country, e reach some country one year budget .

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by lasisi69(f): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2022
kabukabu50:

Your medulla oblongata is very small hence your lack of common sense.

Only Secret service protect the US president.

No military allowed.

All those bodyguards and plainclothes and armed guards are not military.

Ode.
why did you now come him ode ?? undecided
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Akharmony: 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2022
Paperbag:

Lol grin grin grin

They can literally put over 7 marines life at risk just to recuse an american flag from another country grin grin
��
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by RodgersAkpafu: 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2022
Saao:
lol, you don't know. I was 62 regular course in NDA, was in timer 2 (equivalent to 200 l) most of my classmate then in NDA are captain, major and Lt. Colonel. Two of them are in bubu security details. The country he is visiting, provide security but he goes with personal securities. Bubu is even big, as small as wife of the president, she travel out with her ADC and two securities with weapons. If you don't believe me, kindly find out.
Interesting
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Kirkman: 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2022
God1000:
the secret service protect the president within US soil, but I'm talking outside the shores of America.

They both travel with the president
Guy stop being so dumb Lexy2014 is trying to correct you and you are still wallowing in your own inept ignorance. How does your topic and the US Marines stationed at embassies around the world correlate?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Paperbag(m): 11:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
Meninmen:
Does the US president travel with soldiers? I thought it was just secrete service agents that accompany him.

Most countries he visits already have us military base there already , secret service is the official guard for him but other military person have their specific functions in safe guarding the environment from attacks ..

No be secret service they operate anti air defense system, sniper units ,guard dogs and the rest apparatus nah

4 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by neyobills: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2022
jeffoe:

Russia and China. security arrangement during presidential trips is quite expensive. only a rich country with a high-security budget can afford to have as much security detail that is if it is allowed by the host country

yes only if the country he is visiting grants permission and issue the necessary permits for his security details to carry a firearm just like the president and his entourage also require a visa to visit the host country. the security details travel on an official passport but have no diplomatic immunity

All head of state or president and their entourage have diplomatic passports so I guess no need for permits from the country they are visiting its standard procedure any president can bring as much as 100 security personnel fully armed if he deems fit,no questions asked and of course the country they are visiting will be informed and their embassies that’s about it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Kirkman: 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2022
Not only USA; Russia and China now go with their own armada of security personnel when going overseas.. even that short North Korean nuke lord.
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by tayolove12(m): 12:00am On Jan 28, 2022
chatinent:
America is very much afraid of Russia and China than the world joined together.

Na today they started using it abeg forget about China make will talk about Russian because if war start between US and China today sorry case no matter how stubborn China might be US go kill them aje

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Belleful: 12:13am On Jan 28, 2022
U think say if Nigeria fit produce that kind motor, BUHARI no go fly with am? U no see north Korea president wen he visit Trump?

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Praxis758: 12:25am On Jan 28, 2022
Paperbag:

They sweep the location he will be in for like a week before he even appears ...

Even for him to move just 5 blocks away from the white house is a real crisis for sss ...not to talk of being in another country ,go and check how much goes into moving him into another country, e reach some country one year budget .

I've attended US presidential rally, so I'm not talking from fiction. Everything about US president and White House is purely the business of Secret Service.

The US Marines you mentioned are for combined military operations capabilities. Go and watch TWENTY FOUR HOURS movie and see the prototype operational capabilities of the Secret Service.

They may appear harmless to your ordinary eyes, but we'll sophistaced and grounded in securing the president.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by bibianna(f): 12:42am On Jan 28, 2022
I wouldn't know until I Invite him to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Coolgent(m): 12:43am On Jan 28, 2022
IslamVIRGINS:
It is because of the fear of allahu akbombb
Stupidity at its peak

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by NairaMaster1(m): 12:46am On Jan 28, 2022
chatinent:
America is very much afraid of Russia and China than the world joined together.

This is not a thread for JAMBITES and bigot but for the intellectuals. Before Russia and China the USA has been on this standard.
Google when Russia came out USSR when the US tortured them. China is also a new comer.

If you think China and Russia are bigger than the US go and advice them to stop using the USD in their country and see them no more.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by ussv: 12:49am On Jan 28, 2022
That question is a no brainer

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Bimpe29: 1:01am On Jan 28, 2022
Because the better form of attack is to defend and protect oneself from possible harm.

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:04am On Jan 28, 2022
God1000:

You too should read this, stop trying so hard to dismiss what I already know

Lexy2014, kabukabu50, UnabashedIPOB
you all should read this article and tell me another lie.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/24/barack-obama-lands-in-kenya-amid-huge-security-operation&ved=2ahUKEwjs873T6dL1AhXBDGMBHUvIBV0QFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2dKV69FjGzIfvEMUbN1lWY

Listen, I am not going to back down, especially when it comes to something that I know me and others are correct about. The US Department of Justice’s Website is in direct compliance with the Constitutional Mandates and all of the web articles that you are presenting are dead wrong. You are also implying that you know the US Constitution AND the US Government’s Policies better than the subject matter experts who are paid $150,000 yearly to curate and maintain the official website.

Whatever dude. Enjoy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:07am On Jan 28, 2022
Praxis758:

I've attended US presidential rally, so I'm not talking from fiction. Everything about US president and White House is purely the business of Secret Service.

The US Marines you mentioned are for combined military operations capabilities. Go and watch TWENTY FOUR HOURS movie and see the prototype operational capabilities of the Secret Service.

They may appear harmless to your ordinary eyes, but we'll sophistaced and grounded in securing the president.

Please don’t squander your intelligence trying to enlighten someone who is determined not to accept concise information. I posted the link to the OFFICIAL policy which mirrors what you and I are saying. Some people still feel that those of us who know the policy AND those working right under the President in DC don’t know the difference between the Secret Service and the Marines.
Many Marines are fresh out of high school and the vast majority are in their early 20s. These guys are trying to tell us that they are trusted to keep the President safe because SS Agents who train and do the job for YEARS are incompetent,

Ignorance is Bliss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Funnyman: 1:11am On Jan 28, 2022
BuddhaPalm:

President Xi is even more powerful.

He has unfettered powers and the economic might to back up his actions.

The US president on the other hand can barely get anything done. If a federal judge doesn't strike down his order, Congress or the Supreme court does.

And if that's not enough he can be voted out in 4 years.
There is a difference between office of the president of the United States and the president of the United States. Think about it

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:18am On Jan 28, 2022
Kirkman:

Guy stop being so dumb Lexy2014 is trying to correct you and you are still wallowing in your own inept ignorance. How does your topic and the US Marines stationed at embassies around the world correlate?

You’re right, it has absolutely no correlation.
I see we have another intelligent person being challenged by someone who is clueless about presidential protection. Earlier I posted the US.gov link with the official constitutional mandates on protecting the president but that guy and two others feel that they know more than policy makers in Washington, DC. They counter with useless articles, YouTube, and fictional television shows.

You, I, Lexy2014, and two others tried to give them correct information but you can’t teach people who are determined not to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:26am On Jan 28, 2022
Paperbag:

I’m starting to think that you guys don’t know the difference between Marine One and the US Marines.
The Secret Service are the only ones who perform those duties. Members of the Marines DO NOT HAVE THE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED to
even get close to the President.

And even IF military personnel was used, WHY would members of the Marines be used instead of Navy Seals, the most highly trained and elite entity in the military?

What a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Bifwoli: 1:38am On Jan 28, 2022
God1000:
they spend a lot of money transporting these vehicles, C-17 transport plane also carry small helicopters from marines.

They have money sha
The C-17s also carry two fire fighting trucks solely dedicated to the fleet.They can't wait on firefighters from the host country .

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:38am On Jan 28, 2022
Karnice600:

You guys have began 2022 with the ignorance of 2021 again. Smh

Right. Willful ignorance.

The admiration some Nigerians have for China’s leader is both confusing and one-sided. Maybe they were asleep when Covid began to spread and he ordered police and military to throw innocent Nigerians studying in China out of their dwellings and onto the street. Buhari did nothing to intervene and protect his citizens in China yet these guys say Biden is afraid of China.

Maybe they also slept through that same leader instructing restaurants and food stores to block Nigerians and other Africans to enter the premises.

IF China or Russia go to war with the US, the whole of Africa, Europe, America, and most of Asia would be annihilated yet guys seem excited about a war.

Some people will never learn.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by JeffreyJunior: 1:45am On Jan 28, 2022
Meninmen:
Does the US president travel with soldiers? I thought it was just secrete service agents that accompany him.
Apart from crew of Airforce One, Potus travels with US Marines especially when traveling abroad and some Marines resident in the country he is travelling to may also be drafted for his protection too.

That you see only Secret Service following him around doesn't mean soldiers are not close by.

Oftentimes, over 800 soldiers are drafted for his trip abroad depending on the country he is visiting.

Modified: For those screaming at the 800 soldiers, dont read it wrong. They are not for one trip biko.

These are special forces unit earmarked for that purpose and that doesn't mean Potus use them all in one foreign trip.

If you think you are right and I'm wrong, biko believe your rightness mek I have my peace. Quit the mentions already.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by UnabashedIPOB: 1:48am On Jan 28, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Listen, I am not going to back down, especially when it comes to something that I know me and others are correct about. The US Department of Justice’s Website is in direct compliance with the Constitutional Mandates and all of the web articles that you are presenting are dead wrong. You are also implying that you know the US Constitution AND the US Government’s Policies better than the subject matter experts who are paid $150,000 yearly to curate and maintain the official website.

Whatever dude. Enjoy

I am NOT gonna join issues with you and it's not a matter of backing down. The fact still remains the fact...no matter how much you try to slice and dice it. The[b] US Secret Service agents[/b] are responsible for the protection of US President and travel with him where ever he goes around the world. They are the guys in suits wearing dark aviator sunglasses with wired ear piece stuck to their ears for communications. So, I am NOT sure who told you or where you got your facts from that the soldiers are the ones protecting the US President. US is NOT like your failed LIEGERIA that involves the military in its domestic affairs. The US has an Act passed in 1878 called Posse Comitatus Act, which prevents the president from using the military as a domestic police force. Sorry, I do NOT mean to burst your inflated bubble!

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:49am On Jan 28, 2022
Paperbag:

So tell us, WHERE were the Marines that you insist protect the President during the Capital Building breach on January 6, 2021?

The Secret Service and the Capital Police were there, Marine Units were nowhere close. Why didn’t a Marine shoot the White Lady who was pushing her way into the chambers?

The Marines were not there. It was a Secret Service agent pulled out his Sig Sauer service weapon and shot her dead per his training.
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:55am On Jan 28, 2022
UnabashedIPOB:

I am NOT gonna join issues with you and it's not a matter of backing down. The fact still remains the fact...no matter how much you try to slice and dice it. The[b] US Secret Service agents[/b] are responsible for the protection of US President and travel with him where ever he goes around the world. They are the guys in suits wearing dark aviator sunglasses[/b]with [b]wired ear piece stuck to their ears for communications. So, I am NOT sure who told you or where you got your facts from that the soldiers are the ones protecting the US President. US is NOT like your failed LIEGERIA that involves the military in its domestic affairs. The US has an Act passed in 1878 called Posse Comitatus Act, which prevents the president from using the military as a domestic police force. Sorry, I do NOT mean to burst your inflated bubble!

Dude.
What THE HELL are you talking about?
Youquoted me by mistake because I have said THROUGHOUT this thread that the SECRET SERVICE PROTECTS THE PRESIDENT both domestically and internationally.

Quote where I said SOLDIERS travels with the President. I dare you. Because I NEVER said it.

I know for a fact that the presidential protection by the Secret Service is mandated. I have a Background in Congressional Law therefore you bursting my bubble is the least of my worries.

Lastly, I was born here in the US. Do you REALLY THINK that I don’t know the difference between a USSS Agent from a Marine?

Please move around.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:03am On Jan 28, 2022
JeffreyJunior:
Apart from crew of Airforce One, Potus travels with US Marines especially when traveling abroad and some Marines resident in the country he is travelling to may also be drafted for his protection too.

That you see only Secret Service following him around doesn't mean soldiers are not close by.

Oftentimes, over 800 soldiers are drafted for his trip abroad dependi on the country he is visiting.

Did you just say that Soldiers can be drafted for trips with the President?

Surely you are confused because the last soldier ever drafted in the US was inducted in June of 1973. There has not been a draft in the US Military since.

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by KaluwisxPRO: 2:16am On Jan 28, 2022
BuddhaPalm:

President Xi is even more powerful.

He has unfettered powers and the economic might to back up his actions.

The US president on the other hand can barely get anything done. If a federal judge doesn't strike down his order, Congress or the Supreme court does.

And if that's not enough he can be voted out in 4 years.

China’s military budget for 3-5years, is what US spends in a year. Stop spewing trash. We’re not talking about authoritarian government but democracy Mr.

The amount of Chinese Citizens in US and UK fighting for citizenship is enough to tell you where Chinese people want to be if they’re really allowed to live their lives how they want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by UnabashedIPOB: 2:21am On Jan 28, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Surely you quoted me by mistake because I have said THROUGHOUT this thread that the SECRET SERVICE PROTECTS THE PRESIDENT both domestically and internationally.

Quote where I said SOLDIERS travels with the President. I dare you. Because I NEVER said it.

I know for a fact that the presidential protection by the Secret Service is mandated. I have a Background in Congressional Law therefore you bursting my bubble is the least of my worries.

Lastly, I was born here in the US. Do you REALLY THINK that I don’t know the difference between a USSS Agent from a Marine?

Please move around.

First of all, you MUST be very confused. I never chimed in on your comment until you strayed into my lane. Are you they guy with the moniker God1000? That was the person I responded to his comment. I am NOT sure what your problem is. And just FYI, I do NOT give a damn whether you were born here or NOT and besides you're NOT the only one! So, do NOT sweat me bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thomas Massie Posts Christmas Family Photo With Members Holding Assault Weapons / Gulafroz Ebtekar: Taliban Fighters Beat Courageous Female Officer In Afghanistan / Hamas Announces It Will Begin Executing Hostages On Live Broadcasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.