Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? (52858 Views)

COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) / US President Vs UK Prime Minister’s Motorcade (photo) / Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by IslamVIRGINS(f): 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
Coolgent:

Stupidity at its peak

Stupidity that is reflecting in your blody religion
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by IslamVIRGINS(f): 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
God1000:
lol, but it shouldn't be too many security men and vehicles na

The fear of allah akboom is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by God1000(m): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
BabaIbo:

Bro, you're wrong especially with that last part!

Search for us army website and read more on their relationship or duties with the president's foreign trips.

It will be better to get enlightened than having this kind of argument.

When they say Security Service are the ones responsible for the president's security, it is because it is their main duty i.e they are created for that, unlike the military and others that have other major duties but that doesn't mean they are not involved in the president's foreign trip one way or the other.
They work together to achieve the president's protection or security especially outside the country.

Some are visible i.e you see them close to OR around the president, while some are invisible i.e they work from distant/afar places, you will only see them when the need arise but they are always on alert immediately the president's trip begins.

My point here is on US President's foreign trips.
thank God we have some people like you that reason well
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by God1000(m): 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
bibianna:
I wouldn't know until I Invite him to Nigeria
please invite him dear, we need to see those guys in action lipsrsealed
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by BabaIbo: 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
lexy2014:

Bros, like I told u earlier, I am yet to see the things u are accusing 1stgenamerican of doing. U are trying to make a case where there is none and so far, u haven't been able to prove that case. Maybe u guys have a history, I don't no but I haven't seen anything he said that is wrong. For your WHTA link, I have directed u to whom you should share the link with

Accusing him for what na?
Haba, I only tackled him for trying to shut others with his own view which is not right.

I don't have any history with him bro, this is a forum and people argue and learn.

As for the link it is necessary for him and others to learn.

Anyway, the post/thread is an interesting one that brought different people with different views together.

Nice one!
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Praxis758: 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
BabaIbo:

Bro, you're wrong especially with that last part!

Search for us army website and read more on their relationship or duties with the president's foreign trips.

It will be better to get enlightened than having this
kind of argument.

You've not been to

When they say Security Service are the ones responsible for the president's security, it is because it is their main duty i.e they are created for that, unlike the military and others that have other major duties but that doesn't mean they are not involved in the president's foreign trip one way or the other.
They work together to achieve the president's protection or security especially outside the country.

Some are visible i.e you see them close to OR around the president, while some are invisible i.e they work from distant/afar places, you will only see them when the need arise but they are always on alert immediately the president's trip begins.

My point here is on US President's foreign trips.

I don't think you've been to th MMIA before and you're here arguing with someone living close to the WH.

For your education, the US military is not constitutionally permitted to be deployed on the US soil (except for emergency where National Guards are called in) and not such military officer is allowed to bear live ammunitions on the US should (except in their barracks.

The FBI is synonymous to your EFCC and DSS (stealth, discreet and internal security)

While Secret service is way older than FBI by creation. Dis you ever read or hear of FBI involving in the protection of the JFK when he was assassinated?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by BabaIbo: 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
God1000:
thank God we have some people like you that reason well

This is Nairaland o, you go meet different people here. winkcheesy grin

I remember an argument I had on this forum with some people that lasted for days, it wasn't a small thing o.
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by BabaIbo: 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
Praxis758:

I don't think you've been to th MMIA before and you're here arguing with someone living close to the WH.

For your education, the US military is not constitutionally permitted to be deployed on the US soil (except for emergency where National Guards are called in) and not such military officer is allowed to bear live ammunitions on the US should (except in their barracks.

The FBI is synonymous to your EFCC and DSS (stealth, discreet and internal security)

While Secret service is way older than FBI by creation. Dis you ever read or hear of FBI involving in the protection of the JFK when he was assassinated?

Gerraout!

I won't bring my personal life into this discussion by telling where I have been to OR who I am but hey man, you're wrong in your reply I quoted earlier.
I made it clear with my last line that it's with respect to foreign trip, I already posted a link to US Army website a screenshot from the site but your coconut head just want to argue.

Shift abeg.
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by God1000(m): 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
BabaIbo:

This is Nairaland o, you go meet different people here. winkcheesy grin

I remember an argument I had on this forum with some people that lasted for days, it wasn't a small thing o.

Some Nigerians are really annoying
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by BabaIbo: 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
God1000:

Some Nigerians are really annoying

No be lie.

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by BabaIbo: 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
God1000:
don't mind those pig headed folks here, they are talking about things they don't know.

When it comes to protecting the president whether at home or abroad, it involves inter agency security operation.

Some information are classified, you don't expect them to tell you everything.

Most of them gets their info from unauthorized sites or feel because they have to the place where the argument is on, others can't tell them sh*t about the place because na only them don travel before.

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by lexy2014: 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2022
BabaIbo:

Accusing him for what na?
Haba, I only tackled him for trying to shut others with his own view which is not right.

I don't have any history with him bro, this is a forum and people argue and learn.

As for the link it is necessary for him and others to learn.

Anyway, the post/thread is an interesting one that brought different people with different views together.

Nice one!

You are asking me what u have been accusing him of? What have u been going on on that he did?

According to u: "I only tackled him for trying to shut others with his own view which is not right."

Isn't that an accusation?

How did he try to shut others down with his own views and how are his views not right? Up till now u haven't been able to prove anything. Still goes back to what I said that u just looking for a case where there's none and so far, u haven't been able to prove that case.

Your link is a very good link. Maybe others can learn from your link but am not sure he will need your link cos I didn't read anywhere he said anything that was contrary to the information on your link.

All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2022
lexy2014:

I was waiting for your response as regards your source. Let me clear the air.

There are 3 dictionary meanings of the word soldier:
1. A member of the army
2. An enlisted member of any branch of the military
3. A person who takes up arms to defend his or her country in a time of war.

From the above definitions, US marines are soldiers. I stand to be corrected

Generally speaking, if you carry a gun and you are fighting for a cause, you are a soldier. Look at the definition of a soldier from the Merriam Webster dictionary, you will realise that even a militant leader, follower or worker is a soldier. There are even soldier ants. I can even regard myself as a soldier or a one man army if I do my things my way without seeking help from anywhere. Those are the general meaning of soldier.

If you come to the military, a soldier is one who is in the Army, period! In the US for example, when they say soldiers, they mean military men in the Army. The definition of a soldier is not one who goes to war with a gun, because if that is the case, then airforce men, Navy personnel's, and even CIA officers working in war zones will all be regarded as soldiers. But it is not so. Even in Nigeria, airforce personnel carry guns and if Nigeria enter a war today, they will join in the war. But that doesn't mean they are soldiers.

The US marine is under the department for Navy. They are not under the Army. If you are not in the army, you are not a soldier. The idea is that wars are not fought by Soldiers alone!

For example, the US military men that killed Osama bin laden are Navy seals (a special branch in the Navy). They are Naval officers. They are not soldiers!

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by lexy2014: 12:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
Meninmen:

Generally speaking, if you carry a gun and you are fighting for a cause, you are a soldier. Look at the definition of a soldier from the Merriam Webster dictionary, you will realise that even a militant leader, follower or worker is a soldier. There are even soldier ants. I can even regard myself as a soldier or a one man army if I do my things my way without seeking help from anywhere. Those are the general meaning of soldier.

If you come to the military, a soldier is one who is in the Army, period! In the US for example, when they say soldiers, they mean military men in the Army. The definition of a soldier is not one who goes to war with a gun, because if that is the case, then airforce men, Navy personnel's, and even CIA officers working in war zones will all be regarded as soldiers. But it is not so. Even in Nigeria, airforce personnel carry guns and if Nigeria enter a war today, they will join in the war. But that doesn't mean they are soldiers.

The US marine is under the department for Navy. They are not under the Army. If you are not in the army, you are not a soldier. The idea is that wars are not fought by Soldiers alone!

For example, the US military men that killed Osama bin laden are Navy seals (a special branch in the Navy). They are Naval officers. They are not soldiers!

There's nothing you have that negates the information I provided. Your screenshots only ended up corroborating my point. In your lexicon screenshot, it showed "1". It shows that there are other definitions which isn't restricted to just being a member of the army. Pls read again:

1. A member of the army

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 29, 2022
lexy2014:

There's nothing you have that negates the information I provided. Your screenshots only ended up corroborating my point. In your lexicon screenshot, it showed "1". It shows that there are other definitions which isn't restricted to just being a member of the army. Pls read again:

1. A member of the army

I guess you used Merriam Webster dictionary. According to that dictionary, these are the definitions of a soldier in the picture below. The number 2 definition of a soldier is one who is "a militant leader, follower, or worker".

So, in the general sense of the word "soldier", a militant is also a soldier. Hence, Boko Haram members, Armed Fulani herdsmen, Niger Delta militants are soldiers. Read the entire Merriam Webster dictionary definition of a soldier and try to understand that they are speaking of a soldier in the general sense of the word. You should also compare other dictionary definitions of the word "soldier"

Go back and read my initial reply where I tried to differentiate between the general term of being a soldier and a soldier in the military context. This time, read it slowly to understand and not to argue. You can also research online to know why US Marines are not regarded as soldiers.

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by lexy2014: 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2022
Meninmen:

I guess you used Merriam Webster dictionary. According to that dictionary, these are the definitions of a soldier in the picture below. The number 2 definition of a soldier is one who is "a militant leader, follower, or worker".

So, in the general sense of the word "soldier", a militant is also a soldier. Hence, Boko Haram members, Armed Fulani herdsmen, Niger Delta militants are soldiers. Read the entire Merriam Webster dictionary definition of a soldier and try to understand that they are speaking of a soldier in the general sense of the word. You should also compare other dictionary definitions of the word "soldier"

Go back and read my initial reply where I tried to differentiate between the general term of being a soldier and a soldier in the military context. This time, read it slowly to understand and not to argue. You can also research online to know why US Marines are not regarded as soldiers.

There's nothing you have said that negates the information I provided. Your screenshots only ended up corroborating my point. In your lexicon screenshot, it showed "1". It shows that there are other definitions which isn't restricted to just being a member of the army. Pls read again:

1. A member of the army

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
lexy2014:

There's nothing you have said that negates the information I provided. Your screenshots only ended up corroborating my point. In your lexicon screenshot, it showed "1". It shows that there are other definitions which isn't restricted to just being a member of the army. Pls read again:

1. A member of the army

Lol. Ode!
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by lexy2014: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
Meninmen:

Lol. Ode!

Still doesn't negate the information I provided. Your screenshots only ended up corroborating my point. In your lexicon screenshot, it showed "1". It shows that there are other definitions which isn't restricted to just being a member of the army. Pls read again:

1. A member of the army

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2022
Praxis758:

I think you are right in saying he probably has never even been to MMIA before. I had enough of him when he called the SECRET SERVICE the SECURITY Service. They are wasting time, talking about things they dont know anything about.

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
BabaIbo:

First of all, the name Air Force One does not belong to any specific aircraft, but instead is the radio call sign used when the President is aboard any United States Air Force plane. Currently, the Air Force provides two Boeing 747-200Bs for the presidential use.

Stop this argument please. Most of the times they work in unison, more like saying there are always members of each agencies/bodies/organization in the total entourage of the president on his foreign trip.

Secret Service maybe the sole agency incharge of the president's security, but other agencies are used or involved in one way or the other.

I hope you will learn from this us army website article and stop this argument.
https://www.army.mil/article/41275/white_house_transportation_agency_the_most_visible_unit_no_ones_ever_heard_of

You’re wasting your time. A person that has never stepped foot on US soil and gets all of their knowledge about the security of the US President from the Internet is of no use to me. I’m sure you’ve never met a member of the military in person. Stop quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by lexy2014: 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
Meninmen:

Lol. Ode!

Sorry. I forgot this earlier

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by Praxis758: 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I think you are right in saying he probably has never even been to MMIA before. I had enough of him when he called the SECRET SERVICE the SECURITY Service. They are wasting time, talking about things they dont know anything about.

You're very correct.

He doesn't know that the US is a country of order and separation of duties.

I've never seen the military close to the WH since I've been living in the US. The closest to it was during the twilight of President Trump when he invited the military to Washington during the George Floyd protest and the mayor of Washington ordered the deployed soldiers back that she doesn't need the service of federal troops in her city.

That guy is mistaking the system permitted in Nigeria where all the security apparatus are deployed to secure the president and presidency.

Thanks bro.
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by TheEnforcer: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Do you even think before you speak? What does the Secret Service travelling with the president have to do with Marines guarding US embassies?
Why do you call yourself 1st Generation American?And do you have Nigerian Roots?
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
TheEnforcer:
Why do you call yourself 1st Generation American?And do you have Nigerian Roots?

Yes, this girl is 1/2 Nigerian
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by TheEnforcer: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Yes, this girl is 1/2 Nigerian
Young adult?
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
TheEnforcer:
Young adult?

I could only wish cheesy

Adult woman here.
Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by TheEnforcer: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I could only wish cheesy

Adult woman here.
Your write in a matured manner

1 Like

Re: Why Does US President Travel With So Many Soldiers and cars To other Countries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2022
TheEnforcer:
Your write in a matured manner

Thank you, I’m flattered.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gulafroz Ebtekar: Taliban Fighters Beat Courageous Female Officer In Afghanistan / Thomas Massie Posts Christmas Family Photo With Members Holding Assault Weapons / Criminal charges against Wagner Force dropped, leader heads to Belarus - Kremlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.