Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,447 members, 7,826,717 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman (9686 Views)

How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Amazing Child Birth Stories / Strange Birth: Woman Delivers ‘twin’ Padlocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Babasessy(m): 12:39am On Jun 22, 2011
EMBATTLED Precious Donatus Ogbonna, the woman who claimed to have given birth to seven babies in one year was, yesterday, detained by the police in Owerri, Imo State.

Vanguard also learnt that the seven kids have been taken to a motherless babies home in the town.

Sources told Vanguard that the Police stormed the house of the ‘miracle babies’ woman at Irete, Owerri, Monday evening and took her away to the State Police CID, opposite Government House, Owerri, for interrogation.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Imo State Command, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, confirmed the arrest to Vanguard saying the woman was invited for questioning.

Mrs. Ogbonna had earlier told Vanguard that her husband had abandoned their home and disclaimed the paternity of the babies.

She said: “He has not come home. He abandoned me and claims that he is not the father of the babies but I know only DNA test can convince him and bring him back.”

Mr. Ogbonna has been avoiding the press even when Vanguard was in Owerri to hear his side of the story.
A close friend of the controversial woman, Mrs. Evan-Ibeh Florence, who earlier hinted Vanguard of Mrs Ogbonna’s arrest said that she was instrumental to her friend’s visit to Lagos some weeks back which marked the beginning of her ordeal.

Assistance from Nigerians

She said she did not know that bringing her to the public glare through the press would create problem for her friend, adding: “I never knew it would turn out this way for her, all I wanted was to get assistance from good spirited Nigerians for her through the press.”

At press time, Mrs. Ogbonna was still in detention at the state CID, Owerri, and all attempts to reach her on phone proved abortive.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Ibe told Vanguard that a DNA test has already been conducted and that the result was being awaited. She said that a popular TV presenter in Lagos was instrumental to carrying out the test, adding that the result would be ready soon to vindicate her friend.

Mrs. Ibe said: “I just hope the result comes soon to prove her story because I know she couldn’t have stolen the babies. They did the test some weeks ago and we are still expecting the result from South Africa.

“They did it for six babies about three weeks ago, the seventh baby was done recently because they did not bring along the birth certificate with them initially.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/police-arrest-detain-%E2%80%98miracle-child-birth-woman/
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by ifyalways(f): 12:43am On Jun 22, 2011
Ebelebe Igba.The hunter is now the game.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Nekai(f): 1:00am On Jun 22, 2011
ifyalways:

Ebelebe Igba.The hunter is now the game.

grin

I hope she confesses what really happened, and that none of those kids were kidnapped. undecided
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 22, 2011
why did it take so long for the authorities to arrest this woman?!

they could arrest her for THEFT/KIDNAPPING/BABY SNATCHING, and if these charges dont stick then arrest her for LUNACY for telling such obvious insane story about "7 babies in 1yr"!
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by valerie011: 2:18am On Jun 22, 2011
Good for them

Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:07am On Jun 22, 2011
what a pity.
@if bn d story was true,wud av bn avn it in mind dat dis world might be comn to an end pretty soon, @d oda hand i jus dnt blv dis story for anything, 7babies in a year,
Dis is to say dat pple can go extra miles jus to acheive what dey want
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by tpia5: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
the people who supplied the woman with whatever "materials" were used to get her "miracle pregnancies" should also be arrested since she clearly didnt do it alone.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Sicherheit(m): 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2011
Who didn't see this coming? undecided
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Busols757: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
naija police andia propaganda sef!! sad
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by babaowo: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2011
nah wha oooooooooooo
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by andyanders: 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2011
This is not even what to investigate. The truth is that this woman is not telling the truth. Nowhere in the world or since creation has a thing like this happened. Not this world. This woman should have been arrested for a long time and drilled to bring out the truth. The husband said he was not responsible and ran away from the woman and never participated in their naming ceremonies conducted by the so called miracle mother.

In fact, I weep for the true mothers to these children if they were stolen. I still believed that she has other people involved. The so called hospitals she delivered or stole these children should be arrested. The people who issued the certificates of birth should also be arrested.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by joe4christ(m): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2011
So are u guys saying it's absolutely, i mean scientifically/medically impossible for a woman to concieve seven children withen a year, huh
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by begwong: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2011
impossible! scientifically or jujutically.lallai
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by tony451: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2011
joe4christ:

So are u guys saying it's absolutely, i mean scientifically/medically impossible for a woman to concieve seven children withen a year, huh

Yes it is absolutely scientifically/medically impossible for a woman to seperately conceive seven different children and give birth to them in a yr. The only way that can happen is if she had septuplets and then had proceeded to have the longest delivery ever known to man. Otherwise both her and her children will have to have had genetic mutations to the point where each kid grew to term in less than 9 months.

I say this not knowing what the womans story is. If its the first scenario then maybe, just maybe.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by sandee575(f): 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
My guess is that she wanted to appeal for public funds under the pretence that she had so many to take care
of; and the money will start pouring in from sympathetic people including the president's wife, governors, NGOs
etc. Give me intelligence any day, my good Lord.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Odunnu: 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
My only worry is why she had to stop at seven babies. She should have continued until a 'flying eagle team' is formed
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Obiagu1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
Thank God, finally, she has been arrested.

It's very obvious the woman is possessed.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Rastamann: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2011
How can she conceive and give birth more than three times in a year? They should investigate her well to know where she got those kids from, if not, tomorrow now she will turn herself to a prophetess of child giver and ignorant people will be rushing to her for child miracle.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by rumomonga(m): 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
sandee575:

My guess is that she wanted to appeal for public funds under the pretence that she had so many to take care
of; and the money will start pouring in from sympathetic people including the president's wife, governors, NGOs
etc. Give me intelligence any day, my good Lord.
thank u, may ur days and mine b long
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by oladayo042: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
Long overdue
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
Nigeria has no facility to check the result of a DNA test, why South Africa?
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by dacool1(m): 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
i dey wait
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Carlosein(m): 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
read somewhere yesterday that no. was 9 kids.
well she had this coming.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Natasha2(f): 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria has no facility to check the result of a DNA test, why South Africa?
guy you just read my mind oh
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by whobemumu(m): 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2011
on average it takes 2 to 3 months befor it is even possibe to ovulate folowing the birth of a baby so it would be impossible even in 6 years talkless of one year

she don thief plkin , make she talk true !!!!!1
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by jackpot(f): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
Natasha,,:

guy you just read my mind oh
sweery, we gotta discuss family biz. You know where to find me wink wink cool cool
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by seyibrown(f): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
. . . .  and they had to go all the way to South Africa for DNA tests! Has Ghana been moved to Australia??  Anyway, let's know the truth of this matter!
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Ify27(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
tony_450:

Yes it is absolutely scientifically/medically impossible for a woman to seperately conceive seven different children and give birth to them in a yr. The only way that can happen is if she had septuplets and then had proceeded to have the longest delivery ever known to man. Otherwise both her and her children will have to have had genetic mutations to the point where each kid grew to term in less than 9 months.

I say this not knowing what the womans story is. If its the first scenario then maybe, just maybe.

This is impossible but you believe the birth of Jesus correct??, or is that one is scientifically and medically possible
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by nwaigbomg(m): 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
i dey watch oo

Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by proudly9ja(m): 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
I don't understand you guys at all! Shouldn't she be presumed innocent unless proven otherwise? There's a woman in prison now who could for all we know be innocent of the crime she is accused of and there are 7 children somewhere with no father or mother.

What would it have cost the police to finish investigation before arresting her? When did it become a crime to have 7 children in a year? For what crime was she arrested?

I can't even believe that many of you support her incaceration? shocked shocked shocked How did we get to this point in Nigeria?
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
joe4christ:

NO, its POSSIBLE. . . . . . . . . if she has QUADRUPLETS in January, then get pregnant 1 month after child birth and has TRIPLETS in November then it will be possible!!!!!!
but to have one after the other throughout the year is IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by tpia5: 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
When did it become a crime to have 7 children in a year?

definitely not a crime to have 7 children in one year.

after all, a man can have twenty children in one month sef- its not illegal.

however, a crime was committed by SOMEBODY OR SOME GROUP OF PERSONS if you claim 7 mysterious children of the same age and different parentage suddenly sprang up in your living room out of nowhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism / Life Is Short. Have An Affaire / Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.