Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,227 members, 7,842,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman (9701 Views)

How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Amazing Child Birth Stories / Strange Birth: Woman Delivers ‘twin’ Padlocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by hackney(m): 8:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria has no facility to check the result of a DNA test, why South Africa?

Can u imagine?
A whole nigeria.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^someone should use this info and turn it into a business op ASAP!
FIRST NIGERIAN DNA TESTING FACILITY!
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by MMM2(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2011
9ja police wey know no dere work
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Sicherheit(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^someone should use this info and turn it into a business op ASAP!
FIRST NIGERIAN DNA TESTING FACILITY!
Nigerians aren't that savvy. undecided
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by omoalaro: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2011
Don't you believe in church miracle again?
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Swagahyk(m): 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2011
7 babies in one yr? How was the pregnancy? After each delivery comes another pregnancy or what?, she must be a real human incubator, nonsense!
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2011
Can't believe dna sample was sent out of the country.

DNA parentage can be analysed by PCR (amplification) or the much simpler but slower RFLP (Restriction fragment length polymorphism) - Southern blotting.

Sounds like a viable business blueprint but it is also cost intensive.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by andyanders: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
@proudly9ja

You need brain evaluation cos of your comment
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by missBosslady(f): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
But wait o.wat if dis womans story is true?!
shocked
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by missBosslady(f): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2011
Apparently the babies are all hiding in different parts of her tummy,and they pop out monthly!cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by andyanders: 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ miss Bosslady
You are right.
Maybe she got 6 wombs and the babies were hiding and were all fertilised by different Spermatozoa as the husband denied ownership.

Some ate cook-ies others ate fufu and some bread and beans as they look different. That woman na thief
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by proudly9ja(m): 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
tpia@:

definitely not a crime to have 7 children in one year.

after all, a man can have twenty children in one month sef- its not illegal.

however, a crime [b]was
committed by SOMEBODY OR SOME GROUP OF PERSONS if you claim 7 mysterious children of the same age and different parentage suddenly sprang up in your living room out of nowhere.[/b]

Question is, what is the crime? Under what law was the woman arrested? Everything that has been stated thus far has been postulations. Last time I checked, you don't lock people up based on guesses. Maybe we need to see what the Nigerian police detention centres look like for us to understand the gravity of what we are saying.

Note that I have not said the woman is innocent. All I am saying is the police have no right whatsoever to lock the woman up unless someone has complained that they are looking for 7 kids or someone has proof that she stole/illegally got the children.

What I find even more annoying is that majority support the action of the police!!!
sad
#smh
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by ridgeman: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
hope those kinds are being taken care of, it will be a double tragedy if after all of this they end up suffering,
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by TobiBabiOO(f): 11:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
DIS ONE NA JU JU OOOOO!!!!!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by brosd2: 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
Wonders they say shall never end.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Enosa1(m): 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
impossible? But impossibility is a mirage for with God all things are possible. Remember the birth of Jesus by virgin Mary- Abi una dey doubt the bible?- U see spirituality and science does not agree. This may be by spiritual interference with humanity. So if this turns out to be true, i wont b surprise
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by chines4(m): 12:26am On Jun 23, 2011
I need update on this
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by OAM4J: 3:46am On Jun 23, 2011
About time. Nkan nbe! (Strange things!)
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by tpia5: 4:05am On Jun 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

Question is, what is the crime? Under what law was the woman arrested? Everything that has been stated thus far has been postulations. Last time I checked, you don't lock people up based on guesses. Maybe we need to see what the Nigerian police detention centres look like for us to understand the gravity of what we are saying.

Note that I have not said the woman is innocent. All I am saying is the police have no right whatsoever to lock the woman up unless someone has complained that they are looking for 7 kids or someone has proof that she stole/illegally got the children.

What I find even more annoying is that majority support the action of the police!!!
sad
#smh

she may have been detained, not necessarily arrested. One never knows with these reporters.

in any case, there are 7 babies involved here, of unknown parentage and origin.

she has to be questioned and interviewed in order to get as much info as possible about their origins, though i doubt she'll cooperate.

i think the mistake she and her crew made was, being uneducated, they assumed announcing such a thing was the same as the octoplet lady in texas. ie the women who had eight kids at a go in houston years back.

however, while it may be possible to carry 8 foetuses in one womb, saying you delivered 7 babies at one month intervals, beats the imagination.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 23, 2011
I'm sure this IBO woman stole those babies and they were to be made available for auction when kasala burst.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by proudly9ja(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2011
tpia@:

she may have been detained, not necessarily arrested. One never knows with these reporters.

in any case, there are 7 babies involved here, of unknown parentage and origin.

she has to be questioned and interviewed in order to get as much info as possible about their origins, though i doubt she'll cooperate.

i think the mistake she and her crew made was, being uneducated, they assumed announcing such a thing was the same as the octoplet lady in texas. ie the women who had eight kids at a go in houston years back.

however, while it may be possible to carry 8 foetuses in one womb, saying you delivered 7 babies at one month intervals, beats the imagination.
I am not a medical doctor so I can't give expert opinion. When I first heard the story, the conclusion I came to was that she had septuplets that came out at different times. Even before detaining her, at least she would have given birth at a hospital isn't it? Have they gone to the hospital to ask questions? Have they questioned the doctor/matron in charge? Did her neighbours say she wasn't pregnant?
Even the law does not permit her to be detained beyond 24 hours. You and I know what it means for Nigerian police to 'detain' you. By the time you come out, you will confess even the things you did not do. Anyone who has seen the insides of a detention center in Nigeria will not wish the same for his worst enemy.

At the end, what if the story is true? We would have denied the babies several weeks of parental care and in addition, have mentally tortured and tainted an innocent woman.

We must learn to do things right. And while I am not surprised at the Nigerian police' attitude, I am more surprised that we the citizens support it.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by chikend(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2011
Make dem watch am, cos wit dis rate, she go give birth to one more in dat cell
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Hardeyorlah(f): 7:27am On Jun 23, 2011
Wat does she want 2 do wit d babies,i hope she is nt planning to sell dem
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by VALIDATOR: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2011
She should have been put under house arrest while speedy conclusive investigations are done. Detaining her in police cell is quite cruel since she should be presumed innocent. She is most likely guilty but we need to make presumption of innocence a principle.

Now guys, remember the UK based Nigerian couple who gave birth to a white baby girl? Should they simply have been locked up just because it was strange and unheard of till that time in history?We should learn how a modern society works.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by chikend(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I'm sure this IBO woman stole those babies and they were to be made available for auction when kasala burst.

Why in blocks
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by VALIDATOR: 7:51am On Jun 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ki ni awon Ibo se fun e gan na?Must you always interpret things only "tribalistically"?
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by snthesis(m): 8:52am On Jun 23, 2011
do we actually require a DNA to prove the validity of the births??

haba!! last time i checked, pregnant women deliver in maternity wards or hospital, worst case scenario might be at home alone (of which her neigbour will be aware)- in other words you cant give birth to a child without @least 1person knowing, all the police had to do was ask for the date of births and cross examine her statements. na wa o!!!, Policemen should be watching CSI grin
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by Carlosein(m): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2011
^^True.
since the kids are so many, even a simple blood group analysis may eliminate at least one which is really all there is to prove.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by deboski4u: 10:43am On Jun 23, 2011
shit bussness is bigg bussness

Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by rajiade: 11:55am On Jun 23, 2011
we seem to be getting things wrong as regard this issue, there is nothing that cant happen in thsi present world. Its in thsi world that whe heard a guy concived and had a baby, formerly we never had of babies joining together at birth but iys very rampant now. So if the womans claim is justified using all means, that would be another wonder we would have to accept.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by ayomifull(f): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2011
7 kids in 1 year?

The only thing i can think of is these guys are into business, they got 7 girls/ladies/women kept them somewhere the husband impregnated them, they gave birth at intervals, these business husband and wife took the kids off them as they deliver probably paid them and made me swear an oath to keep it all secret.

I may be wrong.
Re: Police Arrest, Detain 'miracle Child-birth' Woman by dustydee: 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2011
so we still have to go to SA to do DNA test? Na wah o. I see the police sending an officer with his wife to SA with the DNA samples. of course they will pay him and his wife full estacode.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Be A Second Wife?help: / If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? / What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.