Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

I Have Finally Left Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (62035 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Henz81: 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:
Happy new month to everyone and I wish to thank God for his grace so far.

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.
please stay away from all kinds of girls if you want to save money. Back in the day, Togo used to be one of the countries I do my hustling from Kaduna to Lagos to Benin Republic and then Togo. Best of luck over there. Do not forget your Maker.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Bankowner: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
googlepikins:

I see ₦360,000,000 I fear o. 360,000 CFA Abi Aboki express app dey mad?

Exchange rate is 1:1 for naira and cfa so you didn't see wrongly.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by humberjade: 7:27pm On Feb 01, 2022
Himtulie247:
grin
Bring Togo bread when you dey come back grin

Him tell u sey hin dey come back anytime soon? grin

Person post sumtin with double exclamation marks ("I Have Finally Left Nigeria!!" ) you dey tell am make e buy bread come when hin dey come back...take your time bro. grin

Well, better than doing the desert stunt...may God direct your path even further and farther .

8 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Truvelisback(m): 7:27pm On Feb 01, 2022
bigcee:

This is exactly the reason why I am beginning to hate Nairaland. You think you have sense but you don't undecided
That dude dey drink panadol for him own headache. As if it's a crime to look for greener pasture.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kriss216:

I do see your posts on "Cook in your kitchen, take pictures and post here" thread. You have a thing for Food and Cooking.

Are you a chef?

No. Just a passionate cook.
I love creating recipes too.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Kriss216: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

No. Just a passionate cook.
I love creating recipes too.
Cool.

Jisie ike.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by WHITELIGHTER: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

Exactly my thought oo.

But I think op was extremely desperate to leave the country

Yeah, we are all desperate as it is...but sometimes we apply logic
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Onyeziokwu(m): 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.

Nice one my brother but please be careful around those Abiriba guys at Aseye hedzranawoe and Togo ladies too.
Togo girls like Nigerians but their guys are jealous of us thus, always ready to attack at a slightest complain from their ladies. Lastly, French speaking Africans don't like English speaking Africans.

Woman na cheapest commodity for there but be careful and focused. Loads of Nigerians are already big fish over there via importation.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Trendylove(f): 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Very good may God bless your hustle just keep on praying and make sure you don't get distracted.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kriss216:

Cool.

Jisie ike.

Thank you. smiley
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by ABSTRUSE: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
You should have used that 3m to go to Dubai.
3m would have fetched you a visa, flight, accommodation, and even residence permit.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by allahIsAnIDOL: 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Bros I'm a togolese from kpalime and I can tell you that you've just started a good journey, it's just that I'm not in good terms with my father if not, I'd have been in Togo by now.

My advise for you is to learn french, take the test, make enquires and get some papers and move to France cos it's like going to pluck pepper from your backyard of you have enough funds for it.

God bless you brother and I wish you best of luck.

Togo pple are good but pls avoid Ath that'll bring you and voodoo together and be careful around their women cos their men are like the northern ones we have here, them no dey joke with their woman.

Onyeziokwu:

Nice one my brother but please be careful around those Abiriba and Nkporo infact, ath Abịa state guys at Aseye hedzranawoe and Togo ladies too.
Togo girls like Nigerians but their guys are jealous of us thus, always ready to attack at a slightest complain from their ladies. Lastly, French speaking Africans don't like English speaking Africans.

Woman na cheapest commodity for there but be careful and focused. Loads of Nigerians are already big fish over there via importation.

Good luck!

Bros you just spoke my mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Iglesia02:
You lost 1.5m and latter made 3m. Instead of growing, you decided to run away to an unknown FUTURE.

To a country worse than the one u left. Smtn is wrong with his mentality or obsession to travel out.

Living like a fugitive. Lol

4 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Olayetan(m): 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Wow,
I love this, may God make it easier and faster for you over there, nah wetin you go chop you find go there, you no go jam wetin go chop you.

Happy reading this.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by bigcee(m): 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Truvelisback:
That dude dey drink panadol for him own headache. As if it's a crime to look for greener pasture.
I have a friend in Angola and he's doing very well...The op can go to wherever he wants to. I pray he succeed. No be by force to stay in Nigeriaundecided

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Olayetan(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:
I would love to leave Naija too but I think investing on that business that gave u 1.5 and 3million(while u save up for proper relocation to Eu or Canada from naija) would have done more good than relocating to Togo.

I wish u the best

What you guys don't understand is, Nigeria may be a better place to make more money than Togo but is your investment safe in Nigeria?

Many rich people have become poor overnight due to insecurities in Nigeria, look at end sars case, do you know some people are still trying to recover from their loss since that 2020, a case of burglary sef can happen n you can be killed without any trace.

People are running to safer country and not to country where to make the most money.

If I see country wey go assure me safety sef with little income, I will leave this stupid country, nah only car owners safe at night for this country, if you no get car to move at night, OYO is your case o...

9 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Onyeziokwu(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
allahIsAnIDOL:

Bros I'm a togolese from kpalime and I can tell you that you've just started a good journey, it's just that I'm not in good terms with my father if not, I'd have been in Togo by now.

My advise for you is to learn french, take the test, make enquires and get some papers and move to France cos it's like going to pluck pepper from your backyard of you have enough funds for it.

God bless you brother and I wish you best of luck.

Togo pple are good but pls avoid Ath that'll bring you and voodoo together and be careful around their women cos their men are like the northern ones we have here, them no dey joke with their woman.

Bros you just spoke my mind.

Hahahah yeah I lived in Togo for a year plus, tbh I enjoyed my stay over there. A nice calm country with amazing nightlife.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by RepoMan007: 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
The keke man will have to balance you for approximately 100 weeks by which time the tricycle will be so old and have little value.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Thazard(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
LILTJAY1:
I see lalasticlala viewing grin
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by ogwuche4u(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
seunny4lif:

WFT shocked
Is this a joke
#1K to 3.5K CFA
That was the last time I change Naira to CFA in Niger Rep

Buhari my brother. Naira is like Angel of Bbn breast now. Fallen

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Truvelisback(m): 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
bigcee:

I have a friend in Angola and he's doing very well...The op can go to wherever he wants to. I pray he succeed. No be by force to stay in Nigeriaundecided
If Chance to japa lason, i no go waste time rara. Presently, things are very tough and the cost of living is very high.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by segun18(m): 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I pray that God Almighty will order your steps IJMN

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by 4kizo(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
Once you have the money you can go anywhere you want.....

What I'm trying to say is....

NWANNE M CHUBA EGO

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Eastcaostboy: 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kriss216:
Anywhere but Nigeria is a welcome development.

God bless you TogoBroz.

NB; please stay away from Nigerian girls over there.
Nice move. Though this came late I would have pilot you on how to get Ghana passport and travel to Europe. Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by professore(m): 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

may God order your steps and be with you through out the journey of your life. Caution here: always do good and what is right, it will keep you from harm.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
So what this niggas were saying over Twitter is true about Togo.

Togo added as part of the japaing plans henceforth, as Finland deh dribble man anyhow. Let my charity start somewhere close to home.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Medley02(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
I went to university in Benin Republic where I spent about 5 years( I started working after I was through with my studies). Life in Benin was really something great. If you're not the clubbing type, you will save a lot. Their economy is stable unlike ours here. French countries are really cool but I prefer my NAIJA anytime any day. NO PLACE LIKE HOME

I have tons of friends over there and they are really wonderful people. They are always happy to receive me to their homes whenever they hear I am around.

What I will just tell you OP is to be yourself and make friends with the Togolese ppl and you will enjoy your life to the fullest till you continue your journey to your desired destination

I wish you well brudah

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by dnawah(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Mawu la kpo djiwo(ewe,LOME native language)God will protect you in english.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by stolaonipekun: 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2022
Get diet Pali and relocate to France don't come hre again
Hre is hell
Kidnapping, ritual, phcn wala, bad road etc
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by dnawah(m): 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
Himtulie247:
grin
Bring Togo bread when you dey come back grin
mind urself o! U don make me the swallow spite

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Bossman(m): 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
I see some people on here faulting this gentle man for making this move - a move to a safer country with better security, a country with constant electricity, a country with functioning amenities, such as water supply. Those three things alone are enough for most people to get out of Nigeria. However, it seems like some are contempt with Nigeria as it is. To me, this is a move in the right direction for OP. I certainly admire his bravery. Good luck man!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by stolaonipekun: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
Get dier Pali and relocate to France don't come hre again
Hre is hell
Kidnapping, ritual, phcn wala, bad road etc and those in power hre re devil

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos / Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) / Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.