Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

I Have Finally Left Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (62043 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by RPG2020(m): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hanks0000:
Félicitations mon gar...
Je vous souhaite une bonne chance..

d'où viens-tu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by kapelvej: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:
Happy new month to everyone and I wish to thank God for his grace so far.

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.
You write very well, obviously you have a degree. Just learn better French and in ashort while, french speaking canadian provinces will all be after you. Use the time. well. LEARN FRENCH, I RPEAT, LEARB FRENCH

27 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Sensiblerealist: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
God bless your hustle. Don't listen to naysayers and maintain your focus.
Impossible is nothing

10 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Amah70: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.

Well done.
1) insecurity in Nigeria, brought by those of Sharia criminal justice system, has wrecked Nigeria. Boko Haram and bandits fight for the same cause of having a Nigeria to be governed with Sharia criminal justice system.
2) inflation has hit the rooftops in Nigeria. Worse, the ruling political party has put every thing, INEC, Security agencies, electoral system, etc, in shape to enable it remain in power after 2023.

10 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by ogwuche4u(m): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Centrallock:

Would have been helpful if you helped with the exchange rate.
I checked google but am doubting the figures
Above all i am glad you took a step it's well bro

#1=1.5cfa

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by emmykk(m): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

You made some wrong steps...
You should have go to an English speaking country
You don't know Togo much but spend to buy Keke for someone there.what if he move away with the tricycle.

Enjoy your life

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Allisgud: 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congrat o grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by CXLVII: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

You cannot miss it over there as a Nigerian. You are bound to succeed. Just avoid their women. They are killers. Before you know it, you will be a polygamist.

17 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

The daft person here is you who cannot read or understand simple write-up. Ode

To understand what? You go Togo? For your mind you dey abroad abi? No be your mate dey use that same money process to go UK?
Your village people remote you go Togo, no be even South Africa or Kenya. if you like no go do deliverance. If you were from a learned family, your absurd reasoning will make all of them disown you.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Joseph08(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good you left the shithole wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Lewisdinho(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congratulations OP
I'm happy For You
Stay Safe Bro

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
ogwuche4u:

#1=1.5cfa
WFT shocked
Is this a joke
#1K to 3.5K CFA
That was the last time I change Naira to CFA in Niger Rep

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
iReddington:
In summary, you have exhausted almost 5million to goan start keke business and enjoy electricity in Togo.

Is this called a keke in Nigeria?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by topoftheworld(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congratulations boss.
I wish U well.

Pls can U give us the analysis of how much U spent from Nigeria to Togo? And necessary documents needed. Very urgent pls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
seunny4lif:

WFT shocked
Is this a joke
#1K to 3.5K CFA
That was the last time I change Naira to CFA in Niger Rep

Right now it's N1k to 1k CFA. Naira don cast.

10 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by otipoju(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:
You left Nigeria to resettle in Togo, a french-speaking country. And you are doing keke-napep work there.
Sorry you must be very daft.

You need to look in the mirror for the daft one...because you cant even understand a short story like this where he clearly stated that he is not riding a tricycle but has a driver that delivers money weekly.

That man has courage and already with his mindset he going to a much more better place by God's grace. He has taken the first step to bigger things and is not ashamed of any work.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Solatium(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

You were able 5o save up ₦3million in Nigeria doing whatever,you jump bus go Togo of all places and started living large thinking you have arrived, don't worry na 6 months i give you before you will realize the kind of Problem you have created for yourself.
i wish you well

14 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Highlyrespected(m): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Nice step @op
Togo is also a good West African country.
Enjoy your momentum over there.
Bonne chance Mon frere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by topoftheworld(m): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:
You left Nigeria to resettle in Togo, a french-speaking country. And you are doing keke-napep work there.
Sorry you must be very daft.

The Op said he want to plan his way from there! At least for now, He will be free from insecurities.

14 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Buje1987(m): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Please I envy you and I love your courage brother please try and save enough money to cross to Canada, USA or UK from there and I pray God almighty will see you through. Please stay safe there and be very careful also. I have only spent 5 days in Cotonou so I really don’t know much and that was 2017. God is already leading through away from this shit hole called Nigeria for you to have met with good Nigerian guys same day you arrived. Please update us as things unfold in another country

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Brownshoe: 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
jaxxy:

How can anywhere but Nigeria be a welcome development?? undecided

We need to drop our desperation and use our head and think.

U made 1.5m and then 3m in Nigeria then ran to unknown Togo?? undecided
i thought am the only one thinking like this, if you can make that amount ligitlly here in Nigeria, you are more than conqueror my brother.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
topoftheworld:

The Op said he want to plan his way from there! At least for now, He will be free from insecurities.

And there is crime-free?

5 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by chaloskyx: 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
sorry but you leaving Nigeria for togo only to buy keke napep to make ends meet is not the kind of news you would come and be celebrating as if you just won the lotto. keep this kind of news to your self cause if you think its an achievement sorry to say but its not

26 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

My ears are on the ground, I heard most of them here came to hustle so I dey my lane.
I sent you mail, I want to ask you something.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

May God bless the land to be fruitful for you in all your endeavors.
Stay safe

9 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bros am happy for u oooo...

Quick question how did you do it?

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
otipoju:

You need to look in the mirror..because you cant even understand a short story like this. That man has courage and already with his nindset he going to a much more better place by God's grace. He has taken the first step to bigger things and is not ashamed of work.

Oga carry courage go Syria.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by yemmit90: 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
This would've made sense if you went there with nothing but succeeded in doing keke business. How can you get 3 millions naira and end up in Togo? With 3M, you will get 2 brand new keke and well furnish apartment at good location in Nigeria.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Jesus
This is bad
Very bad
Our economy is great in GDP but our PPP is one of the worst in Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kriss216:
Anywhere but Nigeria is a welcome development.

God bless you TogoBroz.

NB; please stay away from Nigerian girls over there.

E sure me say you will end up marrying a Nigerian girl.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
Very sad.

The exchange rate wasn't like this before, Naira keep falling.
Togobroz:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) / Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) / Eko Atlantic City (updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.