Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

I Have Finally Left Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (62032 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by oilmane(m): 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:
Happy new month to everyone and I wish to thank God for his grace so far.

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.

More grace brother, God bless your hustle.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by mmsen: 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
I hear Togo is a beautiful country.

Sounds like you made a good choice OP, better than those ones who run to Jand and Yankee by all means and end up living in squalor.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by sweerychick(f): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:
You left Nigeria to resettle in Togo, a french-speaking country. And you are doing keke-napep work there.
Sorry you must be very daft.
at least he was able to find a decent accommodation with 24hrs light and getting a weekly pay! Can u have that kind of privilege in Nigeria without the government frustrating the living daylight Outta u

18 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Exedyne: 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.

Oshey. Me sef dey plan moves. UK or Canada things. Na money remain.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by overdrive(m): 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
sweerychick:
at least he was able to find a decent accommodation with 24hrs light and getting a weekly pay! Can u have that kind of privilege in Nigeria without the government frustrating the living daylight Outta u

Decent accommodation but very expensive. #30k a month.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
charlesELIKIBA:

God bless your efforts... They will not be in vain.
Your post is very daring I must say.
Am sorry but you left Nigeria without a plan.
How you switched destinations over night is worrisome, more worrisome is your investment on a person you barely know.
You are doing business in a country you do not know the language... That's a huge risk.

But all the same, I pray it all ends in premium grace.

I know I tried to make the story short because I can't just write every details so it's not like if I did everything in a week or month, I had made necessary enquiry and got help as well from Nigerians I met here. They have been here for long and even speak french and the local language.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by charlesELIKIBA: 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I know I tried to make the story short because I can't just write every details so it's not like if I did everything in a week or month, I had made necessary enquiry and got help as well from Nigerians I met here. They have been here for long and even speak french and the local language.
Ok

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by OdenKelechi(m): 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congratulations my brother... You're doing the best you can... Next destination would be Europe for sure, if you still want it.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by osato45: 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

My ears are on the ground, I heard most of them here came to hustle so I dey my lane.
try and learn a new skill with the time you have

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Davefed(m): 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
I've gone through the whole threads and notice that many people are castigating OP on the choices he made. Those that are castigating him, I want to let you know that Life is not about money, life is more than that and OP knows what he want. Some people are saying that if he can make that money in Nigeria he can do better in Nigeria without asking how long he took Op to make the money and the circumstances that sorround it. OP I'm happy for you at least you are living in sane clime, doing what you want, don't let this naysayers to distract you. You are better and I know with Nigeria factor you possess, you Will move mountains there in Togo. All the best my fellow Patriot.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Idamond: 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
@op can you try and find out which business is good to go into in Togo?

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by jaeyking(m): 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Right now it's N1k to 1k CFA. Naira don cast.

I don't use conversation rate as a basics of a country economy prowess

1 south Korean money is equal to 97kobo
1 japanese yen is equal to 3 naira

So south Korea and Japan don cast be that undecided undecided

Europeans would just be brainwashing us

7 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by emmnprince(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:

To understand what? You go Togo? For your mind you dey abroad abi? No be your mate dey use that same money process to go UK?
Your village people remote you go Togo, no be even South Africa or Kenya. if you like no go do deliverance. If you were from a learned family, your absurd reasoning will make all of them disown you.

Let the guy be! He chose his path! He stated clearly his reasons for living and how he was swindled earlier! Small small he go reach his destination if all he is doing is sustained and improved. He has taken the first step, and he is also positioned to take the second, hopefully third, fourth, and so on!

P.S. Anywhere is home if you make it your home!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by doctor20202020(m): 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
Other African country are ok than Nigeria , I was in Ghana 10yrs ago I spend two weeks I enjoy d place I never spend out of my money my girls was d one taken care of me, very caring lady but the family DNT like nigerian let clean our image we are not gaint of Africa again , ghana is ok for u to stay they speak oral English u can travel to abroad Tru there good luck

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by seyz91(m): 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
cheesy

Cefa plenty for hear but small in Naira, you will here 2million sefa and e may now be 150,000 naira cheesy
Centrallock:

Would have been helpful if you helped with the exchange rate.
I checked google but am doubting the figures
Above all i am glad you took a step it's well bro
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by derbykol(f): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
All the best bro.Pray for us here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
benqo01:
Congrats,avoid dem Togo girls Sha
What's wrong with Togo girls?
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2022
seyz91:
cheesy

Cefa plenty for hear but small in Naira, you will here 2million sefa and e may now be 150,000 naira cheesy
Stop talking nonsense. Keep your self updated with the happenings. 2million CFA is the same with 2million naira.

Una go just dey wallow in ignorance open your mouth waaaaa

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Sheuns(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Bro. Can you confirm requirements for opening a bank account and domicilary account over there?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by the6thszn(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good luck bro.

May God be with you

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by luemz(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2022
laivwire:

Duolingo won't make you proficient in speaking French. He should learn to converse more with the locals. French isn't difficult to learn at all.

you can't completely rule out the resourcefulness of Duolingo.
No doubt, Learning a new language requires consistent practice. That's where the locals come in. He can learn using the app, and easily practice simultaneously. it's a multidimensional approach

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by CSTRR: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2022
You made 1.5 million and 3 million in Nigeria and yet it is Togo you think is better.

Can you make that kind of money in Togo?

If na better European Country sef, I can understand.

That is why a lot of these African countries hate Nigerians and feel that we are choking them.

There is absolutely no reason to you to go to Togo.
You are not hungry in Nigeria.
You can obviously make money and Togo is not developed for you to use standard of living as an excuse.

It's just that inability of you to sit down one place that is worrying you.

And I fear Nigerians are going to face more xenophobia in the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2022
sweerychick:

Nigeria supplies Togo electricity. One of the reasons why there is no constant electricity in Nigeria is because of the large population and number of users. Ghana at the moment don't have stable electricity. Yes you can get a decent accomodation in Nigeria and a weekly pay. Recently top countries like US and Canada don't give visas easily to green passports applying from other African countries. He did not do his due diligence. However, if you think the decision is wise, you can go to Togo too.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by TosinIkusemi(m): 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
God bless your hustling bro.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by codeigniter(m): 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
ogwuche4u:

#1=1.5cfa
Says who? 1-1.1 or less
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
RPG2020:

d'où viens-tu

Je viens du Nigeria..
J'étudie Français à l'université.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by CSTRR: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:

Nigeria supplies Togo electricity. One of the reasons why there is no constant electricity in Nigeria is because of the large population and number of users. Ghana at the moment don't have stable electricity. Yes you can get a decent accomodation in Nigeria and a weekly pay. Recently top countries like US and Canada don't give visas easily to green passports applying from other African countries. He did not do his due diligence. However, if you think the decision is wise, you can go to Togo too.
These Nigerians are not smart.
Just moving aimlessly like vagabands.

If you want to immigrate, why not cool down and go to a truly developed country?

What is in Togo for crying out loud?

A country with a lesser GDP than Kano state.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:
I would love to leave Naija too but I think investing on that business that gave u 1.5 and 3million(while u save up for proper relocation to Eu or Canada from naija) would have done more good than relocating to Togo.

I wish u the best

Exactly my thought oo.

But I think op was extremely desperate to leave the country
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by CSTRR: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2022
There are so many Togo citizens in Nigeria selling mashed beans and doing all kinds of manual labour.

Many of them have gained Nigerian citizenship through marriage.

Yet you left Nigeria to go there and you think you are smart.?
Lol.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nyceguy92: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
jaxxy:

How can anywhere but Nigeria be a welcome development?? undecided

We need to drop our desperation and use our head and think.

U made 1.5m and then 3m in Nigeria then ran to unknown Togo?? undecided

I agree with you.
I am surprised at the number of people praising his risky adventures. Obviously these are individuals with like minds.

All the money he lost to dupes plus his latest savings could have started something tangible for him at home. Not a few have that much yet they live okay.

As far as I can see, he hasn't done anything to beat his chest about. Renting out Keke or Taxi is something Nigerians do all the time.

There are lots of trade one can learn that are hot cakes. If I have to go to school again, or learn a new trade, one area I would like anyone who cares to go into is auto repairs with emphasis on diagnostics. Soon car maintenance and repairs will get beyond the capabilities of the regular roadside mechanic or " rewire."

He could have gone into the foodstuff business with that huge amount. Last time I made some serious enquiries, 5 million naira could establish a profitable bakery with medium size equipment.

Our youths should avoid the desperation to "make it." . The grass is not always greener on the other side. Let's not hear stories that touch when, out of frustration because things didn't turn out as expected, drug peddling gets into the mix. The consequences are obvious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by OmegaAutos: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Honestly you have read my mind. I am searching for where I can enrol for french classes so that I learn the french. My plan is to find way to France or Canada.

If I hear say you go France, na me go find you come there, use cane flog you come back. how can you put France and Canada in the same sentence. focus on Canada, no look for my trouble oo.

congratulations.
N.B Avoid women ooo, and if you must do, avoid Nigerian girls

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by CSTRR: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
Personally, there is no African country that I would ever immigrate to.

None of them can give me what I want.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos / Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) / Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.