Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,335 members, 7,829,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

I Have Finally Left Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (62038 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Glocal1: 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I am in the process already and it's not difficult. They just need your passport (not any ID card), then proof of address signed by the police that's all. Then at least 5k.
Enquire if they can grant you loan and the interest rate. Try to obtain their residence permit and apply to China or Europe in the next 6 months.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by gambit25: 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
I hear they sell charms like biscuits over there. Please stay away from them and hold your God or Allah which ever is your faith. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by sukkot: 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
CSTRR:

What is wrong with France?
everything. i have been twice. rough rugged and full of algerians. see you fools thinkk anything white is nice. that there main train station called gare du nord is full of cut throat hustlers.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by ISelectMySins: 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

There is a procedure for high purchase and the police will sign it. The original papers remain with me till payment is complete. Copies of my ID and that of the driver and his shortee are with police. Here in Togo they fear their police like how we fear army in naija.

A lot of people on this thread want you to make their own choice or the "best" choice as they want to call it. To them any choice that doesn't seem to yield a "better" outcome isn't right. Please ignore all such bullshit called better choice, good options, using your head or whatever. You have the rights to choose and make the wrongest of all choices and should not bother an inch what people think. The day you cut off all human admonitions is the day you start living a fufiling life. Humans always want to mold and fashion you after their own contrivances. Just ignore.

That said, how very francophone is Togo? How were you able to get someone, converse with the police and understand what is said. How do you get by in shops when you need something, on the streets etc, etc. I cannot imagine understanding only French in a Nigerian streets. Omo, you go suffer no be small. You speak just one Lang In a different region sef, na wahala.

What about Togolese French Creole? How is life like in Togo. Do you typically hear French songs on the streets? Gist us na.

Not for economic, financial or language barrier reasons, but I would prefer to move to Zambia, Bostwana or even Swaziland if I were the one, though.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by SirLakes: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
sukkot:
why dont you tell him about your sufferings in spain ? and how they abuse black people lol
what are you enjoying in Nigeria? Water, Electricity, Good Roads, Good Health Care, Security? Name it!

You are more abused here ? Nonsense

8 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
miqos02:
lol

Merci

Je vous en prie mon frère...
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by NaBanga: 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
Look for a french language class. I'm sure there are also teachers who would be willing to teach you for a small sum. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by sukkot: 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
SirLakes:

what are you enjoying in Nigeria? Water, Electricity, Good Roads, Good Health Care, Security? Name it!

You are more abused here ? Nonsense
in nigeria i enjoy dignity as a black man. no body harrasing me because of my skin color. that alone trumps everything you mentioned

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by omoranmilowo: 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Teerach: 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
People should learn to celebrate other people's little beginnings. Our small victories count. It won't cost you nothing to encourage people and support them and not write their choices or decisions off as though you are God that knows the end from the beginning.
Op is courageous. He's chosen a path. Some people here will be waiting for a straight Visa to Europe which is a good thing but the Op has taken action and he has moved God to work on his behalf. This is Faith. May God send helpers your way Op.
There are some of us that left our parents or home town to find ourselves in another city in this same Nigeria we live in. Every purpose is for greener pastures. I know someone who went to a remote city in Nigeria in search of greener pasture. Same remote city produced his helper that got him a Job in the city of PH. Life is a mistery. It's not how far but how well. It's not how you try to navigate to safety but who's in charge of the ship your navigating.
Finally we should learn to encourage, praise and bless. Sometimes people just need your kind words. People need you to pat them on the back and tell them they're doing just fine and all will be well.
God bless

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by SheCeo(f): 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:
Happy new month to everyone and I wish to thank God for his grace so far.

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.

Congratulations brother!� God protect you

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by uniquetechng: 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kelechi009:

Leave him alone, a relative of mine went there too & now he his a very big boy. He his now a millionaire in CFA.

Don't ask me to do currency exchange plizzz, Millionaire is Millionaire, as long as the Million is there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
funny enough N1m equals CFA 1m , naira is shit so a millionaire in cfa is also a millionaire in naira. Your relative is doing well.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by BlueBlackPackag(m): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
You are a success story already my bbrother.
GO AND CONQUER!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.
Togo for that matter boosting of consistent power supply , prices of goods and food stuffs being cheap and accommodating too tell me why business and economy won't move , plus water supply these things are basic amenities for development kudo's to their government , togo a small African country beating Nigeria hands down, Nigeria is a curse to humanity

4 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Paradigms: 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togo is a useless Francophone country full of insincere people. You have celebrated too early bro. Wish you well though
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by SirLakes: 7:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
sukkot:
in nigeria i enjoy dignity as a black man. no body harrasing me because of my skin color. that alone trumps everything you mentioned

Dignity my foot!

In the same country called Nigeria where we have first class, second class and third class citizen!

You are deceiving yourself.

Bye

9 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by ndukwechinasa: 7:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Nice one brother. May God keep you going.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by sukkot: 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2022
SirLakes:

Dignity my foot!

In the same country called Nigeria where we have first class, second class and third class citizen!

You are deceiving yourself.

Bye
well i am first class here. grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by SirLakes: 7:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kelechi009:

Leave him alone, a relative of mine went there too & now he his a very big boy. He his now a millionaire in CFA.

Don't ask me to do currency exchange plizzz, Millionaire is Millionaire, as long as the Million is there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You think naira is better than their currency.

Lol grin
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by doo6666(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congratulations bro... The sky is your limit..

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by MichealStanley(m): 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I wish you all the best bro.. Just remain focused and don't be influenced by the negative energies some people are trying to give here. You were courageous enough to make that bold step which shows how determined you are as a man.. You will definitely succeed bro

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by legba1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin

Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

pls those amount you mentioned,how much are they converted to naira... eg, rent money, tricycle money and delivery money....
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 7:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kriss216:
Anywhere but Nigeria is a welcome development.

God bless you TogoBroz.

NB; please stay away from Nigerian girls over there.
Lol this one Nigeria girls have shown pepper

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 7:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

What's your plan on getting a residence permit

Don't forget your passport will only grant you 6months stay within the western African countries...

Try and get the Residence so one day you can qualify for passport

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by bigcee(m): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:
You left Nigeria to resettle in Togo, a french-speaking country. And you are doing keke-napep work there.
Sorry you must be very daft.
This is exactly the reason why I am beginning to hate Nairaland. You think you have sense but you don't undecided

6 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kriss216:

You and food, Mariah cheesy cheesy

How was your day?

Hehehehehehehehehe cheesy
The thing is, I’m passionate about food, so I take every opportunity I get to learn about it. Especially foods from other countries.

It went very well, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
legba1:

pls those amount you mentioned,how much are they converted to naira... eg, rent money, tricycle money and delivery money....

Cfa is equal to naira now so 30k cfa is same as 30k naira.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Corrections: 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
uniquetechng:
funny enough N1m equals CFA 1m , naira is shit so a millionaire in cfa is also a millionaire in naira. Your relative is doing well.

The way things are going in Nigeria the exchange rate may change in favour of Togo where. 1 c f a. = #5. even though Presently 1 c f a = #1

The prices of food are on the increase every week. The purchasing power of naira is going down. Just imagine what would had happened if they went ahead in removing the fuel subsidy grin....1 c f a would have been = #10 straight cheesy grin grin

Presently a millionaire in Togo is also a million in Nigeria with better functioning justice system, better infrastructure domicile in Togo. grin grin unlike a lawless country like Nigeria where u keep paying NEPA for light you didn't use grin grin

Op....pls hold unto God where you are I can assure you you will be fine where you are. Gods presence be with you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by bigcee(m): 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
CXLVII:

You cannot miss it over there as a Nigerian. You are bound to succeed. Just avoid their women. They are killers. Before you know it, you will be a polygamist.
grin grin grin
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by thisisit: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
GREET SUNDAY IGBOHO IF YOU SEE AM.
TELL AM SAY NAIJA JAGAJAGA.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Kriss216: 7:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hehehehehehehehehe cheesy
The thing is, I’m passionate about food, so I take every opportunity I get to learn about it. Especially foods from other countries.

It went very well, thank you.
I do see your posts on "Cook in your kitchen, take pictures and post here" thread. You have a thing for Food and Cooking.

Are you a chef?

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by frontwave(m): 7:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
From this end I wish you success
Togobroz:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) / Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) / Eko Atlantic City (updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.