Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ (23856 Views)

Media Company Rejects Male Corper, Wants 2 Gorgeous Female Corpers / Tall Male Corper & A Short Female Corper: "When Goliath Finally Meets David" / Busty Female Corper Set The Media Ablaze With Eye-popping Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Islie: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
NYSC PPA Rejects First Class Graduate For ‘lacking Political Connection’

By Yakubu Mohammed

Stella Ishiekwene Kpolugbo, an associate professor of English at Anchor University, Lagos State, has expressed dismay over the rejection of her daughter by the Abuja office of the Oil and Gas Free Zone Authority (OGFZA).

According to Stella, Ejiro Kpolugbo, a First Class psychology graduate from Covenant University, Ogun State, appeared at the company on December 15, 2021, being her designated Place of Primary Assignment (PPA), with a posting letter from the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), but was told Okon Umana, the managing director, was not available.

“She was asked to go home and return after Christmas, precisely in January 2022,” Stella said.

As instructed, Ejiro returned to the company on January 6, 2022, but she got the same narration of the MD’s absence. They also repeated the narration when she visited four days later.

Perhaps sorry for her frequent and vain visits to the company, a staffer collected her phone number and told her she would be called once the MD approved her posting.

However, Ejiro has not been called since then. The last time she went there, she was stunned to see some corps members serving with the company.

“When Ejiro inquired about her status with OGFZA, she was told her letter of posting couldn’t be found,” Stella said.

She also said the company collected a photocopy of the same letter from Ejiro and asked her to return the following week.

“When she went back there, a staff member quietly told her she wouldn’t be accepted unless she had connections from above,” said Stella.

“We got her another primary place of assignment (PPA) and asked her to get a rejection letter from OGFZA. When she got there, they were still telling her the story of the MD being the only one who could sign her letter of rejection.

“Ejiro held her grounds on getting a rejection letter today [sic], otherwise she wasn’t bulging from OGFZA! When they saw her determination, they began taking her from office to office.”

According to Stella, Morgan Mmahi, the Assistant General Manager of OGFZA, signed Ejiro’s rejection letter.

When FIJ contacted OGFZA, a customer care agent identified as Stella on Truecaller refused to comment on the incident. She said a detailed email could provide an appropriate response to FIJ’s enquiries.

https://fij.ng/article/nysc-ppa-rejects-first-class-graduate-for-lacking-political-connection/

Stella Ishiekwene Kpolugbo:

A REPORT ON THE INJUSTICE METED OUT ON EJIRO KPOLUGBO BY THE OIL & GAS FREE ZONE AUTHORITY, ABUJA.

My daughter, Ejiro Kpolugbo, was posted to the Oil & Gas Free Zone Authority in Abuja for her PPA on December 14th, 2021. She reported there on the 15th of December, 2021 and was told at the Front Desk that the MD, the alter ego who is to sign her in or out (Accept or Reject) wasn't around to do so. She was asked to go home and return after Christmas, precisely in January 2022.
Ejiro did as was asked and returned there on January 6th, 2022. She was told the MD was still not back to office. Ejiro was asked to come back there the following Monday 10th of January. She did. MD still nowhere to be seen. Ejiro's phone number was collected by a staff of OGFZA and was told they would contact her once her letter of posting was minuted upon by the invisible/ghost MD.

One week. Two weeks. Three weeks and this game went on. By the 6th week Ejiro reported there and saw some corpers had been signed in and started work already. Meanwhile, Ejiro was the only corper originally posted there! Without us influencing the posting.

Ejiro holds a 1st class degree in Psychology from Covenant University, Ota, Ogun state!

So who signed those other corpers in OGFZA if MD wasn't around Imbeciles!!

When Ejiro enquired of her status with OGFZA, she was told her letter of posting couldn't be found. They collected her own photocopy of same and asked her to come back the following week.

When she went back there, a staff member quietly told her she wouldn't be accepted unless she had connections from above. Nigerians you know what that means. This infuriated my husband and me!

Seriously We're both full blooded Nigerians and our daughter was being told she couldn't be accepted in OGFZA for her NYSC PPA unless she had connections from above Oh Fada Lawd!!! In this Nigeria!! "My Dada scatter Morocco!!"�����

My husband and I made moves. Don't ask what moves. We're Nigerians. Our daughter cannot suffer INJUSTICE while we're alive.

We got her another PPA and asked her to go get a Rejection letter from OGFZA. When she got there they were still telling her the story of the MD being the only one who could sign her letter of rejection. TERRIBLE LIARS!!!

Ejiro held her grounds on getting a rejection letter today otherwise she wasn't bulging from OGFZA! When they saw her determination they began taking her from office to office.

Can you imagine they became dogs in a manger in OGFZA? Accept Ejiro, No. Reject Ejiro, mba! God punish satan!! They were playing with fire!

Alas, one Zombie there told them to give her what she wanted and Ejiro walked away from OGFZA with her letter of rejection. In her own words, "I have never been happier to be rejected!"

Shame on OGFZA!
Shame on the FGN!!
Shame on Morgan Mmahi, AGM, Administration who signed her Rejection letter!!!

The fight against this INJUSTICE meted on Ejiro has just begun!

We are Nigerians and INJUSTICE against our children must stop now!!!����

Stella Kpolugbo, PhD; BL.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221733476347779&id=1281822526&sfnsn=scwspmo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
welcome to Nigeria

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Ryda(m): 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2022
BAN Bad Association of Nigerians angry

3 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by checkmatez: 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
Can she prove she didn't worked her posting to Abuja, even worked her posting from camp to get a better PPA. Because they rejected you then Nigeria is bad. The course studied don't really have any business with the intended office.
Nonsense news

230 Likes 12 Shares

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by flemsy15(m): 8:11am On Feb 03, 2022
This is wrong, but like I always say, an average Nigerian is corrupt. But when it doesn't favour us, we call it injustice; when it favours us, we call it grace. If the corp member had the connection of any top official in the agency, I'm sure the family would have taken 'wine' to the official to inform him/her.
Like the person above me already said, you might be surprised she used connection to be posted to Abuja.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by MadamNoNetwork: 8:11am On Feb 03, 2022
Anything can happen in Nigeria
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by izikgiren(m): 8:11am On Feb 03, 2022
E shock u abi..
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Raxxye(m): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2022
Una no know say dis country don cast since?
In this Nigeria, the son of a nobody cannot become somebody without knowing somebody!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by slawormiir: 8:12am On Feb 03, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Gurge: 8:12am On Feb 03, 2022
It is good for children of the rich to have a taste of what the children of the poor go through in this country.

70 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by ecomalchemist(m): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2022
You see as naija useless, see if you don finish your nysc and you get money commot for this country just do an dey go...no look back.

If you no get money, go learn digital skills (affiliate marketing, digital marketing , ecommerce) and earn something.

But if you talk say you want look for work, na where your mumu just start being that.

12 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Frankwest77(m): 8:13am On Feb 03, 2022
I thought NYSC Bye laws says no posting to Banks and Oil companies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by victorazy(m): 8:13am On Feb 03, 2022
They
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by allen113: 8:13am On Feb 03, 2022
Madam abeg rest, we know una type pay bribe to nysc official to post your children to abuja and give them a better ppa e no work out you dey vex.

And who says she can't be reposted if they don't sign her rejection latter? I'm currently serving in Cross River I was posted to an LGA close to Cameroon my ppa did not give me accommodation, I just warned the principal not to even touch my posting letter and I left and went back to my local govt. Council and was reposted.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Allnacruise(m): 8:14am On Feb 03, 2022
My husband and I made moves. Don't ask what moves. We're Nigerians. Our daughter cannot suffer INJUSTICE while we're alive

Hmmmmm

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by jiz: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2022
She might be brilliant and not intelligent and has nothing to offer the company. A company has right to accept or reject corp member and that's the fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by ivolt: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2022
hmm
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by RedEnergy: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2022
All this drama for what exactly? Let her find another PPA, it's not a do-or-die affair that she must work for OGFZA. They have the right to reject or accept her or pick whom they like. She is pained because it is a lucrative big shot organization. If they post her to a school inside a jungle in Zamfara now, she will reject it and run her posting to where she likes to workgrin. Shoe get sizes. The Elite want to roll with the Elite, that's Nigeria for you.

43 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Animegirl(f): 8:15am On Feb 03, 2022

The parents and the girl didn't get the memo. I guessed why the agency took time was because they were waiting for "oga at the top to give them a call".

Everything in Nigeria is now connection, especially here in Abuja. Your degree and qualification is just to make work easier for your connectors aside this nothing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by OlawaleBammie: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2022
checkmatez:
Can she proved she didn't worked her posting to Abuja, even worked her posting to a better PPA. Because they rejected you then Nigeria is bad. The course studied don't really have any business with the intended office.
Nonsense news
Exactly wat i was thinking

4 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Cmanforall: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2022
Okay

But was she rejected based on not having political connection, or based on not needing her services?
Also as a 1st class Psychology graduate, the oil firm should not be her first choice, unless she's after their pay to Corp members.

14 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Elsueno: 8:16am On Feb 03, 2022
grin

Sorry ma sister, I remembered during my NYSC my ppa refused me too, as the son of an ordinary honest Nigerian, I nor to care sef, cause I already knew the reality on ground, I was eventually posted to one school village, sha, d principal told me, wether u stay or go AWOL na u sabi & gave me like 12 copies of clearance form signed & stamped grin

I did try to teach but the students ain't even interested in coming to class more than once a week......I almost got married in dat village, .....like village elders go call me, and say make I choose girl to marry...but my dad refused when I told him grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by TooMuchStuff: 8:16am On Feb 03, 2022
Very normal in Abuja big federal parastatal that intend to retain Corpers after service if the name doesn't sound like HausafulaniKanuri Muslim Northern names.

I happened to us too during our time. In CAC maitama if you are not Muslim North, forgot it.

13 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Saheed9: 8:16am On Feb 03, 2022
checkmatez:
Can she proved she didn't worked her posting to Abuja, even worked her posting to a better PPA. Because they rejected you then Nigeria is bad. The course studied don't really have any business with the intended office.
Nonsense news
you Gerrit, I was just saying this cheesy
When I saw the headline I knew exactly what happened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by careytommy37(m): 8:16am On Feb 03, 2022
Southerners wey no get sense and they are from oil producing communities o

1 Like

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by basty: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2022
Nigeria we hall thee..... singing
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Nonexisting: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2022
Covenant University and Psychology too? Glorified secondary school and rubbish course and the woman dey make noise. Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2022
checkmatez:
Nonsense news

Its lame of you to think psychologists are not needed in organizations.. human resources managers are part psychologists..

Did you think Nigerians got this low by accepting first class graduates?. Its obviously the lack of merit system.

17 Likes

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by ivolt: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2022
checkmatez:
Nonsense news
No she can't proved it and she doesn't need to.
BTW, why are you angry that a corrupt system is being exposed?

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China / The BEAUTY Of Plateau State Orientation Camp MANGU! Five Star Hotel Or What??? / Nysc Batch C14 Plateau State, Let's'meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.