Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage (30346 Views)

Ladies, What Are The Qualities You Want A Man To Have Before Dating Him? / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One / Ladies: This Is Why U Must Investigate A Guys Source Of Income Before Dating Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:
So what happens to unconditional love?
This post screams selfishness, selfishness, selfishness!

Anxiety, mood disorders and schizophrenia disorders happen to people, and they can be managed.
What if you were the one with any of the disorders? undecided
Abeg make una getat

Eeya. You know nothing about people with specific mental health issues. These category of people are better off not getting married cos they're toxic. They shouldn't bear children too cos their genes may be passed on to their child/children, down to their generation.

What do you know about narcissism or psychopathy or sociopathy or borderline disorder?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by brainhack(m): 7:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
People who suffer from bad mental issues may appear like every other normal person you meet on a day to day basis, but they actually have mental health issues.

The most common types of mental illness are as follows:

anxiety disorders
mood disorders
schizophrenia disorders

I can categorically tell you that it is a big risk dating anyone who has got mental health disorder.

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by pikechukwu6(m): 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
grin grin grin how do you know the correct one?, just find one demon and start using anointing oil on her head for god is your muscle cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Localgrandpa: 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
in this country we are all mad

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Mom007(f): 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
Not just this one... That op that came out earlier in the day to state that he dated 6 ladies last year alone and dumped them for no reason after few weeks also needs psychiatric evaluation. I think our society has too much freedom and that in itself is now a problem. When our elders lived in communities where everyone knew everyone else and everyone was accountable for their actions, such occurrences were rare if at all. But now a psyco can just relocate to a different area after commiting hideous offences against his fellow man and begin to do and undo without anyone knowing or caring from where he came. So sad.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Saig: 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
https://www.nairaland.com/6978056/lady-murdered-boyfriend-dumped-body

The thread link above shows exactly why everyone must compel themselves to carry out some very important mental check of whom they are interested in dating or get married to.

A Mental health disorder is not outright madness... people who suffer from bad mental issues may appear like every other normal person you meet on a day to day basis, but they actually have mental health issues.

By definition mental health refers to cognitive, behavioral, and emotional well-being. It is all about how people think, feel, and behave. People sometimes use the term “mental health” to mean the absence of a mental disorder.

“Mental health is a state of well-being in which an individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.”

anxiety disorders
mood disorders
schizophrenia disorders

I can categorically tell you that it is a big risk dating anyone who has got mental health disorder. They can be very dangerous. Check well before dating.

You can do further research on the subject.

How do you handle one with mood disorder
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by drololaaof: 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Anxiety, mood disorders and schizophrenia disorders happen to people, and they can be managed.
Abeg make una getat
When you are affected you will know say khaki no be leather. Unfortunately people who marry mental disorders patient tend to emotional attachment to them

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by flokii: 8:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
The present state of our economy can make a normal person develop mental health issues.. depression, anxiety etc. all contribute to mental health challenges. Substance abuse and excessive alcohol intake too have their effects.

I fear that the rate of mental health issues might skyrocket over the next 5 years with the high poverty, inflation and unemployment rate in the country. Our people and government are not helping matters atal. No be person wey get work or enough money for pocket go think of relationship or marriage?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by TheFutureIsHere: 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
pikechukwu6:
grin grin grin how do you know the correct one?, just find one demon and start using anointing oil on her head for god is your muscle cheesy cheesy
lol. grin, Inukwa! Things are happening oo undecided
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Gaddafi1: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Abeg make una getat

Couldn't respond again after seeing your post, you have said my mind. Wondering why we cannot show love to people. Thanks so much for hitting it hard.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Cousin9999: 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:

anxiety disorders
mood disorders
schizophrenia disorders

Anxiety disorder is common and not dangerous. But it can create challenges in a relationship. Probably the absolute worst thing (which is uncommon) is the person being irritable and being a jerk, but not violent. What's far more common is withdrawal. Not everyone has the personality to be understanding, but that's not a flaw in the person with anxiety. It's just the (arguably bad) personality of the person that won't be with them.

Most mood disorders are common and can (or likely will) impact just about anyone. They're categorized as "disorders," but really they just describe sadness during bad times in life, e.g. diagnosed with serious illness, mourning, substance abuse, or some other bad event. Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder, but it only affects like 2% of the population. If you decide not to stay with someone through a difficult time in their life (within reason), you're probably not marriage material. Who would marry someone that abandons them when they're down?

Schizophrenia doesn't even affect 0.5% of the population.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

Off topic ma'am sad
Na you sabi, I don talk my own, you either take it or you leave it.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by PaNnamdi: 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
ASHTAROTH:
Dated one,
Schizophrenic

She would accuse me of being a cultist,
Fights everyone including her mom. Always paranoid. Unfortunately, the parents didn't seek medical help on time - instead, they took her to some celestial church where they kept her for 3 months. It became even worse.

I saw hell sha
Why does she think you are a cultist cool
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Newboss(m): 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
Bridget95:
90% of Nigerians have mental health disorder because of the harsh economic policies of APC since 2015 and APC's actions to divide Nigeria along civil war era lines

Literally all adults have at least one mental health disorder.

Mental health disorder doesn't mean insanity or madness. Most disorders go unnoticed even by the disturbed.

This thread is the definition of ignorance and nonexistent self-righteousness
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by ASHTAROTH: 8:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Bridget95:
word bank statistics shows that 70% of Nigerians holds less than 50,000 naira credit bank balance. A huge number of Nigerians have been thrown into poverty since 2015.insecurity and youth unemployment is at the highest

How does poverty corelates with mental illness?
How did you infer your baseless relationship between the two?
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by ASHTAROTH: 8:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
PaNnamdi:

Why does she think you are a cultist cool

I love wearing black clothes sad
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by OandA777: 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
You're very correct. But not everyone with a mental health disorder is dangerous. And also, just cause someone tells you a particular person is mentally Ill, that does not mean the person is truly ill. See the symptoms for yourself first. Most people are out here lying on others. Beware.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by TheFutureIsHere: 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
Localgrandpa:
in this country we are all mad
guy take am easy na. no be fight undecided
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by PaNnamdi: 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
ASHTAROTH:

If I investigate u further now,Ur yansh fit open

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by PaNnamdi: 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
ASHTAROTH:

If I investigate u further now,Ur yansh fit open cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by OandA777: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
ASHTAROTH:
Dated one,
Schizophrenic

Fights everyone including her mom. Always paranoid. Unfortunately, the parents didn't seek medical help on time - instead, they took her to some celestial church where they kept her for 3 months. It became even worse.

I saw hell sha

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia last year. There's a difference between schizophrenia and paranoia or being insecure. My guy your girl was not really mad most girls are like that. I hope your post is true tho. Cause these days people post anything for clout.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by ASHTAROTH: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
PaNnamdi:

If I investigate u further now,Ur yansh fit open cheesy
Go on, lol
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by vickydevoka(m): 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:

The thread link above shows exactly why everyone must compel themselves to carry out some very important mental check of whom they are interested in dating or get married to.

A Mental health disorder is not outright madness... people who suffer from bad mental issues may appear like every other normal person you meet on a day to day basis, but they actually have mental health issues.

By definition mental health refers to cognitive, behavioral, and emotional well-being. It is all about how people think, feel, and behave. People sometimes use the term “mental health” to mean the absence of a mental disorder.

“Mental health is a state of well-being in which an individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.”

anxiety disorders
mood disorders
schizophrenia disorders

I can categorically tell you that it is a big risk dating anyone who has got mental health disorder. They can be very dangerous. Check well before dating.

90% Nigerian girls have mood disorder
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by ASHTAROTH: 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2022
OandA777:

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia last year. There's a difference between schizophrenia and paranoia or being insecure. My guy your girl was not really mad most girls are like that. I hope your post is true tho. Cause these days people post anything for clout.

Have you heard of paranoid schizophrenia?
I will suggest you do your research before you make definitive or claim a statement as factual!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by TheFutureIsHere: 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2022
ASHTAROTH:
Dated one,
Schizophrenic

I saw hell sha
take heart my dear, it happens on daily basis undecided
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by SugarGirl44(f): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
Help2020:

So if somebody is suffering from this your list of mental disorder he or she should not get married again? It's people like you that makes a lot African finds it difficult to visit psychiatric hospital. Charge you mindset, stigmatization is bad..

Of course they can marry but they shouldn't be selfish to not seek professional help before settling down thereby bothering another person's child to be stressed for life.
Or their parents should do the needful to care for their problematic child before releasing them to the public.
Life is hard enough, nobody needs to add another person's curable disorder to theirs.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by xpzk: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:

anxiety disorders
mood disorders
schizophrenia disorders

This thread lacks substance. You are the reason some people commit suicide. Why so we still stigmatize mental health challenges? What makes you think you are better than them .

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by SugarGirl44(f): 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Abeg make una getat

Unconditional love kee you dia!
Only a selfish and wicked person would have a curable/manageable condition and not get professional help before deciding to settle down, thereby stressing his/her partner or even endangering them.
Or you can go ahead and marry a narcissist pls, come back and tell us how far.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Help2020: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Of course they can marry but they shouldn't be selfish to not seek professional help before settling down thereby bothering another person's child to be stressed for life.
Or their parents should do the needful to care for their problematic child before releasing to the public.
Life is hard enough, nobody needs to add another person's curable disorder to theirs.
You're wicked o,I hope you don't find yourself in that situation shall.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Help2020: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
xpzk:

This thread lacks substance. You are the reason some people commit suicide. Why so we still stigmatize mental health challenges? What makes you think you are better than them .
Don't mind the fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing / Namesakes In Love: Uche And Uche's Pre-Wedding Photos / "I Only Stuck With Him Because Of His Money"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.