Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,639 members, 7,955,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister (9880 Views)

Tinubu Kicks As Obasanjo Suggests Soludo To Buhari As Finance Minister / Meet The Person Buhari May Likely Nominate As Finance Minister / Obasanjo Presents Soludo As Finance Minister, Tinubu Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by namfav(m): 1:08pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

I don't know what you mean by sulk. Not taking shyt and having some moral discipline and knowing your worth is not sulking.

A useless foool with nothing to offer is more likely to stay somewhere because they know that is the only garri they can get. She is highly educated and extremely intelligent and has enough experience to back her up to the point she does not need to kiss any arse. That is not sulking. That is knowing your worth and being worth a lot.

If she was not born with leadership skills, she would not (a) have got to the top in world bank and (b) would not have been invited back to the top at world bank.

In regards to very few in Nigeria taking her seriously, remember, very few in Nigeria are sane and refined. Most are shyt heads so not a problem if that was the case. We the few need to change the mentality of the insane to kowtow to their desires of leadership.

politicians are working for the people, there is little to time to talk about self interest and quitting because things are not going your way, such action already rules her out for future presidency

she was not at the top at world bank, she was just a md, according to the structures of the world bank she had to report to the president a high position but do not make it higher than it actually is, how long was she at world bank? if you consider the experience from what i read she does not hold as much experience as many key economists in nigeria
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2011
namfav:

politicians are working for the people, there is little to time to talk about self interest and quitting because things are not going your way, such action already rules her out for future presidency

Politicians sure do work for people, but you don't have to stay there if:

1) You are not allowed to work for people as best possible.

2) You feel the rulers deciding are not working for the people and you don't want to tarnish your good image by staying in a team making bad decisions like Dora Akunyili did at her own peril.

namfav:

she was not at the top at world bank, she was just a md, according to the structures of the world bank she had to report to the president a high position but do not make it higher than it actually is, how long was she at world bank? if you consider the experience from what i read she does not hold as much experience as many key economists in nigeria

Amsorry! You think it is only the President of WB that is at the top? So an MD is not at the top?

She has 26 years experience of working at the WB. You want to list some of the economists that have more experience and a better profile?
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by namfav(m): 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

Politicians sure do work for people, but you don't have to stay there if:

1) You are not allowed to work for people as best possible.

2) You feel the rulers deciding are not working for the people and you don't want to tarnish your good image by staying in a team making bad decisions like Dora Akunyili did at her own peril.

Amsorry! You think it is only the President of WB that is at the top? So an MD is not at the top?

She has 26 years experience of working at the WB. You want to list some of the economists that have more experience and a better profile?

well i don't know were she worked before world bank. 26 years at 1 place and not even making the rules? man if i have masters i won't work at one place for 10 years if i cannot make the final rules, nothing to write home about if you consider her qualifications

politicians do not sulk, never ever, she turned her back on serving nigeria and now she wanna  be back after other people cleaned the mess
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2011
namfav:

well i don't know were she worked before world bank. 26 years at 1 place and not even making the rules? man if i have masters i won't work at one place for 10 years if i cannot make the final rules, nothing to write home about if you consider her qualifications

You will work at one place for 10 years and will start making the rules because you have a masters?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

namfav, that is some funny shyt men. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are either saying that because:

1) You are young and naive with heavenly dreams. You will soon grow up when you see the real world.

2) You plan to work for Daddy's or a relative's company.

3) Your judgement is blurred by your locality where some few educated rise fast.

4) Your judgement is blurred by the benefits of quota system for those from a region with little educational competition, hence the few with it have to be appointed to top positions in Nigeria.

Honestly, that was some funny shyt men, I bursted out laughing.  grin grin grin grin grin

Mate, you will grow up one day and not talk so naively. Your masters is nothing and is not a key to the top. There is hardly anyone at WB that does not have a Masters. Go to the WB website and look at the vacancies and come and tell me how many you counted that did not require a postgrad qualification. I dare say NONE! Go!

Honestly, that was some funny shyt. 10 years?  grin grin grin

Secondly, WB is not a place for "the person at the top is the God". Being MD is a lot of power. I know in the North the culture is the person at the top is the be-all and end-all. I have seen it in action and it is reflected in the leadership style of Northerners.

Thirdly, the head of WB is always given to an American. It is a must to do that. So MD is the highest a non-American can get to.

List 5 people that have got to the top in private institutions after 10 years.  grin grin grin grin grin

namfav:

politicians do not sulk, never ever, she turned her back on serving nigeria and now she wanna  be back after other people cleaned the mess

What mess?

She cleaned up the place and left it spark cleaner than the quacks we have usually had there.  grin

Serving Nigeria might best be done sometimes by not serving Nigeria.

You still haven't listed the Nigerian economists that have more experience.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by cap28: 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

A useless foool with nothing to offer is more likely to stay somewhere because they know that is the only garri they can get. She is highly educated and extremely intelligent and has enough experience to back her up to the point she does not need to kiss any arse. That is not sulking. That is knowing your worth and being worth a lot.

If she was not born with leadership skills, she would not (a) have got to the top in world bank and (b) would not have been invited back to the top at world bank.

In regards to very few in Nigeria taking her seriously, remember, very few in Nigeria are sane and refined. Most are shyt heads so not a problem if that was the case. We the few need to change the mentality of the insane to kowtow to their desires of leadership.

spoken like a true intellectual, where did you learn to sound so refined and cultured - did you study at the Ajegunle finishing school for motor park touts by any chance?
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 1:48pm On Jun 25, 2011
cap28:

spoken like a true intellectual, where did you learn to sound so refined and cultured - did you study at the Ajegunle finishing school for motor park touts by any chance?

Cretin, the white man is still chasing you?  grin grin grin grin grin

All your failures in life is still due to the white man? grin grin grin grin grin

I bet in your demented world she is the whiteman's stooge. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mental patient. grin
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by cap28: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

Cretin, the white man is still chasing you? grin grin grin grin grin

All your failures in life is still due to the white man? grin grin grin grin grin

I bet in your demented world she is the whiteman's stooge. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mental patient. grin

what failures? failure is not in my dictionary, but your picture appears beside the word failure in the dictionary.

YOur non existent intellect, motor park tout mentality and crude diction has condemned you to a life of unmitigated ignorance, it must be terrible to be you mate.

I asked a few questions about Okonjo Iweala above and i noticed you didnt have the balls to attempt to answer any of them , make my day and try - i love making mince meat out of you.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2011
namfav, I am still laughing men. grin

10 years? grin grin grin grin

In 10 years you will not even have enough experience to run World Bank's supply chain, talkless of World Bank itself.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2011
cap28:

what failures?  failure is not in my dictionary, but your picture appears beside the word failure in the dictionary.

YOur non existent intellect, motor park tout mentality and crude diction has condemned you to a life of unmitigated ignorance, it must be terrible to be you mate.

Failure is your life, cretin! grin grin grin

With your mental issues, you can only have nothing but failure.

cap28:

I asked a few questions about Okonjo Iweala above and i noticed  you didnt have the balls to attempt to answer any of them , make my day and try - i love making mince meat out of you.

You are a cretin!

You are what?

You are a cretin!

I did not have the balls to answer what?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lawd! You are making me laugh so hard! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fooool!

I don't REEEEEEEEEEAD any of your or Becomerich's/Musiwa's demented stories. I just jump it, cretin!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who has time to be managing mental patients? undecided

Cretin said I have no balls to answer is question.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some funny shyt! grin grin grin grin

Mental Patient! grin
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by cap28: 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^^^

illiterate, do you understand how the world bank operates?

Do you understand how their monetary policies have brought the african continent to its knees?

Do you understand the role that structural adjustment policies have played in the economic decimation of many african economies all with the collaboration of stooges like Okonjo Iweala?  

You remind me of those primitive african chiefs who sold their own brothers and sisters into slavery in exchange for cheap gin and broken mirrors -you are the 21st century embodiment of a primitive slave trader.  Okonjo Iweala sold out her own people in exchange for an appointment at the World Bank, in your dim mind that is an acheivement but she got there by assisting in the transfer of $12billion of nigeria's wealth into the hands of a group of financial predators aka the paris club.  

Your low intellect and non existent brain prevents you from having an intelligent conversation - i honestly beleive you should be placed on display in the musem of natural history here in london as an example of how it is possible to regress from man into neanderthal.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2011
cap28:

^^^^

Do you understand how their monetary policies have brought the african continent to its knees?

Do you understand the role that structural adjustment policies have played in the economic decimation of many african economies all with the collaboration of stooges like Okonjo Iweala?  

You remind me of those primitive african chiefs who sold their own brothers and sisters into slavery in exchange for cheap gin and broken mirrors -you are the 21st century embodiment of a primitive slave trader.  Okonjo Iweala sold out her own people in exchange for an appointment at the World Bank, in your dim mind that is an acheivement but she got there by assisting in the transfer of $12billion of nigeria's wealth into the hands of a group of financial predators aka the paris club.  

Your low intellect and non existent brain prevents you from having an intelligent conversation - i honestly beleive you should be placed on display in the musem of natural history here in london as an example of how it is possible to regress from man into neanderthal.

Cretin!

"Oh, the white men are after us. They are planning to take us back to slavery. I see the way they look at me from my TV screen. They are selling us TVs to get access into our house and monitor us. The white man is the devil."

Mental patient! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by queensmith: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2011
cap28:

^^^^

hey Cap- i see what you mean about the WB- monetary policies. But i thought okonjo iweala's bid allowed for debt relief FROM the debt Nigeria was in? What agreement was made that allowed $12 billion back to the paris club? I thought they lost out?
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by cap28: 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^^ @saggy

do you see what i mean ajegunle boy? you exhibit nothing but  unadulterated illiteracy and an  inability to engage intellectually, suprise me for once and form an intelligent sentence, go on boy, suprise me.

You see the refinement and intelligence that you so obviously lack comes with exposure and enlightenment - two attributes that are so obviously lacking in you.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2011
cap28:

^^^ @saggy

do you see what i mean ajegunle boy? you exhibit nothing but  unadulterated illiteracy and an  inability to engage intellectually, suprise me for once and form an intelligent sentence, go on boy, suprise me.

You see the refinement and intelligence that you so obviously lack comes with exposure and enlightenment - two attributes that are so obviously lacking in you.

Cretin!

Look, there is a white man behind you. Run! grin grin grin grin

Mental Patient.

queensmith:

hey Cap- i see what you mean about the WB- monetary policies. But i thought okonjo iweala's bid allowed for debt relief FROM the debt Nigeria was in? What agreement was made that allowed $12 billion back to the paris club? I thought they lost out?

You want to be discussing with a cretin!

Enjoy. grin grin grin

Someone helped cancelled Nigeria's debt, the mental patient said she sold Nigeria to the white man. grin
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by cap28: 2:54pm On Jun 25, 2011
queensmith:

Okonjo Iweala negotiations allowed for nigeria to pay $12 billion dollars in partial payment of an original debt which was said to have amounted to $30 billion dollars.  The bulk of this debt consisted of inflated interest which continued to accrue even when the nigerian govt had tried to negotiate a moratorium (or freeze) on the outstanding sum that was owed.  The foreign predators,  REFUSED to place a freeze on this interest and as a result the original sum owed began to inflate until it amounted to a staggering $30billion - the abacha govt actually refused to pay this inflated figure and tried negotiations but again the paris club werent interested.  

It was only when Obasanjo assumed office in 1999 and brought in this woman that negotiations began once more and this time Okonjo Iweala "negotiated" this ridiculous deal in which the nigerian govt agreed to pay a whopping $12 billion instead of the inflated $30 billion - but only as a part payment, as if that wasnt enough she also agreed to a number of austerity measures such as the selling off of valuable public assets to foreign investors for pennies on the pound, devaluation of the naira, cuts in public spending on education and health care and other social services, plunging average nigerians into a state of grim poverty.  

Now i ask  you this - if someone steals my credit card and runs up a bill of £10k on it, and i call you the credit card company and say - look i cant pay this - someone else ran this bill up and you turn around and instead of canceling the card continue to charge me interest on it - who is at fault?

the paris club continued to charge nigeria interest on a loan which had been squandered by a previous regime despite pleas by the abacha regime to freeze the interest -  does that sound like relief from debt or a case of a shylock money lendder trying to extract more than he got from you originally?

Now this supposed debt releif that they claim to have given nigeria is actually not debt releif but a decision on the part of the paris club to accept slightly less than the inflated debt that they were asking for in the first place - the whole debt releif claim is a complete myth.

Okonjo Iweala merely acted as a facilitator in the (illegal) transfer of a huge chunk of nigeria's wealth into the hands of the IMF, the world bank , multinational corporations and corrupt members of the nigerian elite.  What did the average nigerian get out of this? - i will tell you - a collapased education and health care system, mass unemployment and more poverty and i can tell you that she has been invited back by JOnathan to reprise her earlier role all under the guidance and isntructions of her masters at the world bank and the IMF.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by namfav(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

You will work at one place for 10 years and will start making the rules because you have a masters?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

namfav, that is some funny shyt men. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are either saying that because:

1) You are young and naive with heavenly dreams. You will soon grow up when you see the real world.

2) You plan to work for Daddy's or a relative's company.

3) Your judgement is blurred by your locality where some few educated rise fast.

4) Your judgement is blurred by the benefits of quota system for those from a region with little educational competition, hence the few with it have to be appointed to top positions in Nigeria.

Honestly, that was some funny shyt men, I bursted out laughing.  grin grin grin grin grin

Mate, you will grow up one day and not talk so naively. Your masters is nothing and is not a key to the top. There is hardly anyone at WB that does not have a Masters. Go to the WB website and look at the vacancies and come and tell me how many you counted that did not require a postgrad qualification. I dare say NONE! Go!

Honestly, that was some funny shyt. 10 years?  grin grin grin

Secondly, WB is not a place for "the person at the top is the God". Being MD is a lot of power. I know in the North the culture is the person at the top is the be-all and end-all. I have seen it in action and it is reflected in the leadership style of Northerners.

Thirdly, the head of WB is always given to an American. It is a must to do that. So MD is the highest a non-American can get to.

List 5 people that have got to the top in private institutions after 10 years.  grin grin grin grin grin

What mess?

She cleaned up the place and left it spark cleaner than the quacks we have usually had there.  grin

Serving Nigeria might best be done sometimes by not serving Nigeria.

You still haven't listed the Nigerian economists that have more experience.

man i said that with her qualifications why would someone be working under an organization for 26 years when the people who come in and take over the leadership either have similar qualifications or have not worked for the world bank at all, it is realistic, 26 years at 1 place without running things with such qualifications is nothing to be happy about, then why should you spend 10 years studying, nigeria has better economists, period
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by queensmith: 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2011
Cap- arent the IMF and the Paris club 2 separate things??

So is the country incurring interest on the 12billion its meant to pay back in addition to the public assets its giving away?

Since all okonja REALLY did was get the sum back to the amount Nigeria owed in the first place- why is it widely publicized Nigeria benefited from debt relief?

in a way- we cant really blame okonja- if she doesnt do it, someone else will. Soo far the whole 'democratic' govt of Nigeria have only been successful in carrying out the western worlds developing economy crippling agendas.

What im mostly curious about is what exactly has been bargained with the Paris club for them to finally decide to release the debt? Since they initially refused during Abachas regime what did okonja or the appointment of okonja do to change things?

I smell a military base somewhere. . . , . . . . . can anyone confirm if theres currently a US base in naija??
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2011
namfav:

man i said that with her qualifications why would someone be working under an organization for 26 years when the people who come in and take over the leadership either have similar qualifications or have not worked for the world bank at all, it is realistic, 26 years at 1 place without running things with such qualifications is nothing to be happy about, then why should you spend 10 years studying, nigeria has better economists, period

No 1, what you said was that you will never work in a place you are not at the top after 10 years.

No 2, she has got to the highest she can get at the World Bank because the Presidency of the Bank is only given to Americans.

No 3, there are SEVERAL people with her type of qualifications in the World Bank.

Now, list the better economists in Nigeria that are period.

List 5 people that have got to the top of their workplace in 10 years.

Furthermore, explain to me where you plan to work in future and get to be head honcho in 10 years. I am damn curious!
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by petertosh: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

No 1, what you said was that you will never work in a place you are not at the top after 10 years.

No 2, she has got to the highest she can get at the World Bank because the Presidency of the Bank is only given to Americans.

No 3, there are SEVERAL people with her type of qualifications in the World Bank.

List 2 people that have got to the top of their workplace in 10 years.

Furthermore, explain to me where you plan to work in future and get to be head honcho in 10 years. I am damn curious!

[center]CASE CLOSED wink wink wink[/center]
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by cap28: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2011
queensmith:

Cap- arent the IMF and the Paris club 2 separate things??

Yes, they are two seperate organisations, but they work in a collaborative manner.  The IMF offers loans to countries (subject to various conditionalities) and when these debtor countries are unable to keep up with the debt repayments or the conditions which are attached to these loans the IMF refers them on to the Paris club which are a group of 19 western nations which draw up alternative debt repayment mechanisms and conditionalities.

So is the country incurring interest on the 12billion its meant to pay back in addition to the public assets its giving away?

No, nigeria has already paid back the $12 billion (it did so within one year) no interest accrued on that figure, but its still selling off its public utitlities to various foreign investors as part of the entire negotiated deal.

Since all okonja REALLY did was get the sum back to the amount Nigeria owed in the first place- why is it widely publicized Nigeria benefited from debt relief?

because most nigerians are pig ignorant and dont understand that the western international banking system is used by western nations to covertly appropriate the wealth of sovereign nations.

in a way- we cant really blame okonja- if she doesnt do it, someone else will. Soo far the whole 'democratic' govt of Nigeria have only been successful in carrying out the western worlds developing economy crippling agendas.

actually thats not true, we have much more capable and sincere economists in nigeria who would not have kow towed to the western predators, part of the reason nigeria is in this mess in the first place is because of a debt inherited from the irresponsible and reckless borrowing of the Shagari regime, when Buhari took over the reins of power he was advised by the IMF to take on loans in order to settle these debts owed to the west  but Buhari REFUSED to do so and instead sought advice from his economic team who advised on alternative ways of settling our debt.
Buhari imiposed a freeze on all foreign loans, employed economic policies which would boost nigeria's revenue and was able to pay off almost 50% of our debts without borrowing a penny from the IMF - this man succeeded in doing what no other nigerian head of state has ever done in nigeria's history, but see what happened to him, before anyone knew what was happening he was toppled by babangida who went on to borrow huge sums of money from the IMF and set nigeria onto the road of economic destruction which we are yet to fully recover from.

What im mostly curious about is what exactly has been bargained with the Paris club for them to finally decide to release the debt? Since they initially refused during Abachas regime what did okonja or the appointment of okonja do to change things?

I smell a military base somewhere. . . , . . . . . can anyone confirm if theres currently a US base in naija??

Nigeria paid $12 billion as part payment of an inflated debt the bulk of which was made up of interest.

Nigeria also agreed to divert govt revenue  earmarked for healthcare, education and other social services into servicing another debt which it owes to other internatinoal lenders - i think this additional figure is in the region of $10billion dollars.

In addition nigeria agreed to sell off its public utilities to foreign investors and devalue its currency.

As far as i am aware there is no US military base in nigeria, however an american naval warship is currently stationed off the coast of the gulf of guinea as part of the bilateral regional security agreement that jonathan entered into with the US recently to fight terrorism - which to my mind is merely a pretext for the real reason that they are there ie to "secure" the oil reserves
It is however very likely that following the attack on libya by NATO the door is now open for the US to locate military bases on the african continent using a specialised military command centre known as AFRICOM. AFRICOM is actually coordinating the attacks on libya along with NATO as we speak.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Finecat(m): 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2011
I don't expect any miracle from her. Is she not Igbo?? Soludo was Igbo and we all know what happened. He should be in jail today but this is Nigeria we are talking about, they make abnormality normal there.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Mtnaija(f): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^ utter disgusting! Tribalism
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by igeluma: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2011
That is great,let her provide financial monitoring on our leaders,our money should be spent on human and capital developments.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by namfav(m): 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

why would someone with her qualifications do so, then why did she study for more than 10 years? to work under an organization for 26 years and not even be at the very top, if you compare the number of years that many presidents have gone through different positions to become presidents its not too long that they stay in 1 position for over 8 years, no one stays a permanent secretary for 10 years even if you love the job, so you are saying that the world bank is racist then why did she work there? she was quick to leave her post in the nigeria government because she believed that her opinion wasn't being respected and funds were being mismanaged then why did she stay at the organization for 26 years that only accepts americans as senior leaders? who stays at a organization which is bias and for 26 years, surely with her qualifications and her career at world bank she deserved to atleast become president of world bank? 26 years? uff, surely they didn't trust her judgement in the world bank
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by Sagamite(m): 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2011
namfav:

why would someone with her qualifications do so, then why did she study for more than 10 years? to work under an organization for 26 years and not even be at the very top, if you compare the number of years that many presidents have gone through different positions to become presidents its not too long that they stay in 1 position for over 8 years, no one stays a permanent secretary for 10 years even if you love the job, so you are saying that the world bank is racist then why did she work there? she was quick to leave her post in the nigeria government because she believed that her opinion wasn't being respected and funds were being mismanaged then why did she stay at the organization for 26 years that only accepts americans as senior leaders? who stays at a organization which is bias and for 26 years, surely with her qualifications and her career at world bank she deserved to atleast become president of world bank? 26 years? uff, surely they didn't trust her judgement in the world bank

This is what is termed as "ranting". The only thing I will use to respond to it is that (as I have told you before) there are SEVERAL (maybe 100s) of people with her qualifications at the World Bank.

You also erred by claiming she stayed in one position for 26 years. She had different positions in the WB and rose to the top.

That is by the way, all you just gave me is ranting. You still have not answered my questions:

List the better economists in Nigeria that are period.

When you answer those, I promise to come back to this rant because frankly it is full of conjectural junk. I promise you I will come back to it, just answer the questions first.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by 3kay945(m): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2011
why are you all happy ? is she going to reduce the price of fuel or Nepa will turn a new leaf.?! tongue cry cry
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by ayusco: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2011
guys no one is saying mrs iweala is some magic wand that would right all the economic ills in nigeria but based on her performance under a notorious obj i'm willing to give her benefit of the doubt.
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by namfav(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

This is what is termed as "ranting". The only thing I will use to respond to it is that (as I have told you before) there are SEVERAL (maybe 100s) of people with her qualifications at the World Bank.

You also erred by claiming she stayed in one position for 26 years. She had different positions in the WB and rose to the top.

That is by the way, all you just gave me is ranting. You still have not answered my questions:

List the better economists in Nigeria that are period.

When you answer those, I promise to come back to this rant because frankly it is full of conjectural junk. I promise you I will come back to it, just answer the questions first.

shamsuddeen usman
sanusi
dr mansur
dr adesina
dr adedeji

5 are you happy? i can give you an example, yar'adua was our governor for about 8 years, right at the end of his tenure from governership he became president of nigeria, there are many other examples but i just gave you a good one
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by gtrust: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2011
If you understood what Nigeria was going through before she entered the scene under OBJ
then you will applaud her achievement.
Even Atiku send on air that of all the money Nigeria has paid IMF how come we are still owing that much?
Shagari and IBB didnot read the fine prints! (the small small letters written at the bottom of the agreement)

She was also very lucker that the World experienced the worst Recession and NIGERIA HAD CASH.
She negotiated 20pence per Pounds Sterling and it was accepted!

Prior to this, ALMOST ALL Nigerian Oil money was going to only service the interest!
Abacha didnot pay but they just applied penalties.

How did it benefit the common man? Nepa etc I really haven't figured that out yet. (to be honest).
But prior to that, common man never existed in Nigeria: no access to medical care even for children and
pregnant women, no social housing, no pipe-borne water etc etc but maybe these things are better today than
under Shagari, Abacha, Buhari. Just maybe the government NOW has more money to spend.
Nigerian government concentrates mainly on the rich and those who can make noise, if you are poor then wahala dey!!!!
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by queensmith: 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2011
cap28:

Yes, they are two seperate organisations, but they work in a collaborative manner.  The IMF offers loans to countries (subject to various conditionalities) and when these debtor countries are unable to keep up with the debt repayments or the conditions which are attached to these loans the IMF refers them on to the Paris club which are a group of 19 western nations which draw up alternative debt repayment mechanisms and conditionalities.

No, nigeria has already paid back the $12 billion (it did so within one year) no interest accrued on that figure, but its still selling off its public utitlities to various foreign investors as part of the entire negotiated deal.

because most nigerians are pig ignorant and dont understand that the western international banking system is used by western nations to covertly appropriate the wealth of sovereign nations.

actually thats not true, we have much more capable and sincere economists in nigeria who would not have kow towed to the western predators, part of the reason nigeria is in this mess in the first place is because of a debt inherited from the irresponsible and reckless borrowing of the Shagari regime, when Buhari took over the reins of power he was advised by the IMF to take on loans in order to settle these debts owed to the west  but Buhari REFUSED to do so and instead sought advice from his economic team who advised on alternative ways of settling our debt.
Buhari imiposed a freeze on all foreign loans, employed economic policies which would boost nigeria's revenue and was able to pay off almost 50% of our debts without borrowing a penny from the IMF - this man succeeded in doing what no other nigerian head of state has ever done in nigeria's history, but see what happened to him, before anyone knew what was happening he was toppled by babangida who went on to borrow huge sums of money from the IMF and set nigeria onto the road of economic destruction which we are yet to fully recover from.

Nigeria paid $12 billion as part payment of an inflated debt the bulk of which was made up of interest.

Nigeria also agreed to divert govt revenue  earmarked for healthcare, education and other social services into servicing another debt which it owes to other internatinoal lenders - i think this additional figure is in the region of $10billion dollars.

In addition nigeria agreed to sell off its public utilities to foreign investors and devalue its currency.

As far as i am aware there is no US military base in nigeria, however an american naval warship is currently stationed off the coast of the gulf of guinea as part of the bilateral regional security agreement that jonathan entered into with the US recently to fight terrorism - which to my mind is merely a pretext for the real reason that they are there ie to "secure" the oil reserves
It is however very likely that following the attack on libya by NATO the door is now open for the US to locate military bases on the african continent using a specialised military command centre known as AFRICOM. AFRICOM is actually coordinating the attacks on libya along with NATO as we speak.

Damn- i mean ive always known pdp kiss imperialist ass but didnt know to what extent.
It makes sense africom is co-ordinating the attacks but ive always maintained NATO was a simple cover up for the US to continue its worldwide spread of terror under the pretense the rest of the world agrees.
Apparently half of the EU arent even in agreement with the situation in libya, i wont be surprised if its left with the US, UK and france to continue.

But on the case of buhari it makes more sense that jonathan most likely rigged the elections, sums up what he was doing in the US prior to the election and the lack of coverage on the terror attacks in Nigeria by the western media.
'If its not on sky news it must not be happening'

So in your opinion provided the US dont otherthrow the rest of the world 'armaggedon style' with this major arms race thats goin on- whats Nigeria going to be like 2020 provided our imperialist masters continue to have thier way??
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by aribisala0(m): 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2011
sometimes a statement is repeated so often people are afraid to question it.

i dare.
i am not taking any particular position only asking that we remind ourselves what her achievements are.
firstly let us remember that as finance minister she was in receipt of greater revenues than most if not all in our history.
somebody please help ;our economy has not really diversified as we are as reliant on oil revenues as ever so what was so great about her tenure .she encouraged the selling off of government assets and so many other imf prescriptions but beyond the hype what one thing did she ACHIEVE
ultimately if she did achieve anything the credit belongs to obasanjo but i am not persuaded .
Re: Aunty Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Set To Be Named As Finance Minister by trueword: 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2011
hopefully her prior experience as Finance Minister will help her to perform even better this time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

To Buhari Supporters: You Wont Vote Buhari Again! At Least Not after Seeing This / Zamfara: Governor Matawalle Dissolves Executive Council, Political Appointees / Naira Woes: APC Is The Problem Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.