Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - (41624 Views)

I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? / "My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad / Etisalat NG Is Proposing To Build Mast On My Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by system21: 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:
I have a friend who leased his land to MTN, his personal house is on the same land, sadly enough since he got married they've not been able to conceive for over 15 yrs. They are childless till this moment. The wife is a full time housewife, 247 inside that radiation. Not all money is sweet.
So are you assuming it was radiation that caused the family childless? Is that what his doctor told him?

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by obyrich(m): 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:
I have a friend who leased his land to MTN, his personal house is on the same land, sadly enough since he got married they've not been able to conceive for over 15 yrs. They are childless till this moment. The wife is a full time housewife, 247 inside that radiation. Not all money is sweet.
What of people who work there? I mean the engineers and technicians who maintain the network infrastructure on site. Don't they conceive?

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by EXOUSIAng: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
Thou:
Woow if it were me i would accept the offer with my both handS including my organ that can strechcheesy.

4g reloaded.

Op don't sell the land, rent it!.
Not minding the adverse effect of relativity on your descendants?
All for 4G.
I even thought you would say the money

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Jmichael1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:

do u knw dat i also hv a frd here in bayelsa state that was childless for 8yrs,bt to my greatest suprise,his wife took in thesame month Glo erect their mask on his land and they hv gotten 5 children as we speak...
na sumtin else they worri your frd wife and not glo or mtn mask...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by obyrich(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:
A GSM network provider (GLO) engineers visited my land yesterday and said they want me to lease a space for their mast installation for a period of 15 years. (They have not told me any amount yet).

The land is in a residential area. Please those who know about this sort of engagement should tell me what it entails because I was asked if I would accept the offer or not so as to tell them the amount and other things involved.

I really want to know the real benefits as well as if there are other health damages that may adversely affect residence living around my compound on the long run?
Get your lawyer involved. 15 years is too much. 5 years is good. Don't sale it.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by mokoh(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
The way things they go our money nor too get value so I advice you bargain for 2-5years not 15years
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Otuegbe: 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ofadaman:
I have one in my uncle's compound in Enugu and I grew up there, my neighbours also has one where I live now.
It's the same thing, they offer to buy or lease the space , once you accept they come in to install their stuff. They create a seperate road and access to the space, sometimes they have someone man the place, the person ensures the inverter and diesel supply runs at all times.

They pay for the leased period, do not accept for very long term lease period of 25yrs is often long when prices of lands and rent go up you'd be unable to reprice the lease. A 5yr -10yrs period is safer ,they can always renegotiate and reprice when it expires.

Also, it's not often a sign that you've made money lol, don't mind these people when they map the areas to mount their mast, it's often within that area and the reception isn't a single spot, it could be anywhere around your estate area ,so they may also be negotiating with other landlords as well. The will look out for stuff like space and entrance etc. So when you negotiate don't go overboard, they can simply move to their next landlord and you lose the deal.

The only side effect is the mild noise from the mast, the occasional trucks coming to load fuel and natural issues ,e.g.when it rains lightening seems often drawn to the highest items in the space, also poor electrical fixing and the telecom waves. But these aren't major issues .
exactly they can still leave you and build their mask within your neighborhood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Ournolly: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
very good advice. Exactly what I did to them 3 years ago, now I’m resting in peace enjoying my money
I wish to be you, bro.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by onyekabe(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
Lease it out to them, let the payment every five years and they must employ somebody from your family
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by mokoh(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
obyrich:
Get your lawyer involved. 15 years is too much. 5 years is good. Don't sale it.
Mtschewwww:
A GSM network provider (GLO) engineers visited my land yesterday and said they want me to lease a space for their mast installation for a period of 15 years. (They have not told me any amount yet).

The land is in a residential area. Please those who know about this sort of engagement should tell me what it entails because I was asked if I would accept the offer or not so as to tell them the amount and other things involved.

I really want to know the real benefits as well as if there are other health damages that may adversely affect residence living around my compound on the long run?

mokoh:
The way things they go our money nor too get value so I advice you bargain for 2-5years not 15years
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by williams85(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
Fcwilly:

Radioactive materials, that's radiation. Very dangerous, sterilisation of male childs within the area, increase chance of having cancer, but if you refuse to lend them they will still get it from nearby, so I will advice you agree with them, get the money and relocate to another area so as to be free from the hazardous materials the mast will emit.
which radioactive?
Go and redo ur research...
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by DIG1: 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
There is nothing like bill them heavily, there is a standard rate from NCC on how much to be charged by land owners for mask siting depending on the location, glo can't short change you neither can they over pay you, the minimum lease period in 5yrs

6 Likes

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by tmtech: 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:

Your assertion is very wrong . Radio wave is non ionising and is armless .
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by EXOUSIAng: 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
asainco:

Oga you dey lie ooo, MTN mask has been in my parents house since I 2005 or there about, me and my siblings grew up in that house, our most senior brother got married two years ago, and his a father today, so take ur lies somewhere else, my parents are still cashing out every 10years from that deal.. And when they go, we go continuously dey cash out from that deal.. Tell ur friend and his wife to go to hospital while praying to God for a child.. Getet with ur lies abeg.
About his friends wife.
He is wrong.
The effects of radio activity are not immediate, it takes a few generations.
You and your siblings may not have issues but the effect may become evident in your grand children.
You can ask those in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
The effect of them bomb is still felt today.
Why do you think the companies pay so much just to lease.
I will advise you and your siblings read up on radioactivity and the hazards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:

You still dey ask? Ode, olodo rabata
. Shut up! You are the fool here

2 Likes

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by sinkhole: 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mtschewwww:

Bros, congratulations, and please follow that advice of rent and not sell: very important.
I will also say that you rent it to them for like five years, fifteen years it too long !
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by debayor95: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
Around 2012 my family house land was leased to MTN for #10M

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
EXOUSIAng:

About his friends wife.
He is wrong.
The effects of radio activity are not immediate, it takes a few generations.
You and your siblings may not have issues but the effect may become evident in your grand children.
You can ask those in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
The effect of them bomb is still felt today.
Why do you think the companies pay so much just to lease.

Chai! Nigerians
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by davidadenrele: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
Do not take the offer, emission of radio active from Base Station in residential area should not be allowed the health risk, involves is much more than the gains, secondly 15yrs lease is way too much, if at all you want to lease your land makebit 2 yrs lease, just incase you get a huge offer to sell your land, lastly consult a lawyer for a proper counsel, to avoid issues later.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by JaskanFactor: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
go on google to research mobile phone mast radiation and cancer links.
The mobile phone system uses same technology as microwave oven.

That mast is said to slowly cook/radiate whatever is close to it.
Its same reason people are advised never to put mobile phone directly in their ear.

Do research on 5G radiation dangers and cancer.

3 Likes

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Bignuell(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Not me looking at your monicker grin grin but on a serious note, a long time lease isn't ideal for me. Just don't be too rigid when negotiating and i don't think it causes any terminal sickness. My 2cent though
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Bizzyliss(m): 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Just collext 150m ��den go buy house for lekki
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Bounceboune7: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
BABYharder:

The Lister used is always on, 247 and Pray it doesn't develop fault cus your privacy will always be invaded by technicians each time the Lister stops.
There is a popular controversial theory about cancer it causes due to electromagnetic waves the mast emits.

it causes mutation of gene in pregnant women n in some women they find it hard to get pregnant.

In d case of mutation of genes,it may cause d baby to b deformed

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by fxkay1: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
angry
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by MeeLan: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
Telcos and theoretical counterpart govt will always tell us the mast hasn't health hazard, buy that info & u are history.
Lease the land put ur fair terms n condos, they will buck.
Make sure u ask dem for power source fair sharing if u don't have steady light in your area
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by nuelleoz(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Benefits that I know of are 24/7 light from the mast(strongly insist on this) and rent payment to you, millions of naira every year, and they often pay in bulk like 5 - 10 years at once
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by therajah: 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
princepee:
Benefits money load of it,. If you can negotiate well.

Disadvantage death by cancer from the radiation from the mast.
Advise...
lease it for some years use the money to buy land elsewhere.
Ignorance! If it causes cancer, all glo staff working in the office should be dead by now.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by therajah: 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:
That wasn't caused by the mast.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Paramount01(m): 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:

And the tell u the cause is the radiation?/
Bro goa and read your book well
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Testimony1988(m): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
Wow, your bank should be ready to receive millions, the contract is much o, no side effects, there are areas where masts are situated in residential areas and no side effects.
Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by therajah: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
MisterMan123456:
I would love to know their doctor who told them it's the cause.

1 Like

Re: GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - by Testimony1988(m): 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
therajah:

Ignorance! If it causes cancer, all glo staff working in the office should be dead by now.
hahahaha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him / 4 Storey Building Collapsed, Many Trapped Inside, In Anambra (graphic Pics) / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.