Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

What "Table" Means To Men. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What "Table" Means To Men. (30364 Views)

What "Table" Means To Women / If This Is What It Means To Cheat On My Husband, Then I Will Do It Again / 6 Things Nigerian Women Must Do To Make Themselves More Attractive To Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 10:11am On Feb 23, 2022
The popular phrase is "what do you bring to the table" and men usually ask women this question.

But what does "table" mean for a man? . It simply means financial capability. Which is directly or indirectly proportional to his job or business.

I have seen men wail and nag about how women only rate them according to their pockets or what they do for a living. But when the only thing you have on your table is money, well you might as well be sized up by what you have on the table.

In a scenario where a woman offers support , loyalty, home making, care on that table ,it is regarded as incosequential except she has financial input as well sometime equal percentage with the man.

Men have subconsciously sold the idea that all they have to offer is money, yet they cry when their pocket is used to size them up. What an irony.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ocholu: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
The popular phrase is "what do you bring to the table" and men usually ask women this question.

But what does "table" mean for a man? . It simply means financial capability. Which is directly or indirectly proportional to his job or business.

I have seen men wail and nag about how women only rate them according to their pockets or what they do for a living. But when the only thing you have on your table is money, well you might as well be sized up by what you have on the table.

In a scenario where a woman offers support , loyalty, home making, care on that table ,it is regarded as incosequential except she has financial input as well sometime equal percentage with the man.

Men have subconsciously sold the idea that all they have to offer is money, yet they cry when their pocket is used to size them up. What an irony.

Men don't only offer money my dear beautiful damsel.

15 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Bigbright7(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
In a normal relationship, men offers non-sexual needs while women offers sexual-needs. But the economy situation of things right now has made things complicated.

The best it for each person in the relationship to offer what they can offer, without being stereotyped. Let men offer to take care of the home, do some house chores, go to the market , bath the kids, and let woman too offer to pay the utility bills, fuel, etc this roles shouldn't be gender based anymore.

For electrical installation of your upcoming building project check my sig.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:

Men don't only offer money my dear beautiful damsel.
Tell us what else they offer that is not directly or indirectly linked to their financial capability.

11 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ocholu: 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Tell us what else they offer that is not directly or indirectly linked to their financial capability.

Protection;
Organization, and;
Derivation.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:

Protection;
Organization, and;
Derivation.
And the level of protection , organization and derivation is directly proportional to how wealthy a man is .

17 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by kollinzgee(m): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
This gender just dey complicated only God can understand them.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by CumOnHer: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
The table is a place of negotiation, a place of offer. It is a place where capacities are put to the test. It is not to be confused as a place in exchange for gender roles as mostly viewed by women.
A woman's most bargaining power on the table is her pussy. She mounts on the table, lay on her back and spread the legs. The pussy is the trump card she throws on the table.
When a man comes to the table, he comes in the expectation of long term plans capable of achieving long term goals whereas when a woman comes to the table, she sizes up the table for self seeking advantage.

PS - I would be opening a counter thread anytime soon.

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ocholu: 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
And the level of protection , organization and derivation is directly proportional to how wealthy a man is .

It's natural. And not proportional to anything. Just as how child birth is natural to women, so are these offerings to men.

It's the society that sold that narrative. And there's a certain social strata that such narrative doesn't exist.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:
The table is a place of negotiation, a place of offer. It is a place where capacities are put to the test. It is not to be confused as a place in exchange for gender roles as mostly viewed by women.
A woman's most bargaining power on the table is her pussy. She mounts on the table, lay on her back and spread the legs. The pussy is the trump card she throws on the table.
When a man comes to the table, he comes in the expectation of long term plans capable of achieving long term goals whereas when a woman comes to the table, she sizes up the table for self seeking advantage.

Lol says the ones who only come to the table to ask of what and what bills a woman will shoulder .

Maybe you should channel that energy to educate your fellow guys on what a table really means cos they have misconstrued the whole thing from the word go.

The table is actually not a place for negotiation as the man who actually asks the question already have expectations on what to hear and get.And 99 percent of the time it's is directly proportional to the woman's financial contribution.Admit it or not ,at the back of their mind ,their target is what percentage she can shoulder.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:

It's natural. And not proportional to anything. Just as how child birth is natural to women, so are these offerings to men.

It's the society that sold that narrative. And there's a certain social strata that such narrative doesn't exist.
The society made up of who? Aliens?

I find it funny when we use the phrase " society" as if we are not part of it.

And you think as a woman ,she can't protect herself or ogransise her life? undecided
What does a man need to protect from tho? Ritualists? Armed robbers? Troublesome neighbours or Police?

What does he want to organize when some women eventually even stop their dreams to raise a family ? undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ocholu: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
The society made up of who? Aliens?

I find it funny when we use the phrase " society" as if we are not part of it.

And you think as a woman ,she can't protect herself or ogransise her life? undecided
What does a man need to protect from tho? Ritualists? Armed robbers? Troublesome neighbours or Police?

What does he want to organize when some women eventually even stop their dreams to raise a family ? undecided

It's funny how y'all are quick defensive. Most of my statements are empirical. I'll drop sources if need be.

A recent study showed that women are mostly the ones who push the "what does a woman offer" narrative. Go to saner climes, and the kinda narratives being projected by women are manufactured and artificial thoughts.

And, when I referenced the "society", I was talking of both you and me, so??

You need to understand that I am not arguing with you, neither I am debating. There's no factual statement were I said women can't be their own protector and others. That narrative and bias was subtly manufactured by you.

Somethings are natural. Regardless of how you choose to alter, change or twist it.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:
Protection;
Organization, and;
Derivation.
Can you please elaborate? undecided

6 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Biglittlelois(f): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I'm seriously waiting too.

4 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ocholu: 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Why??
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Biglittlelois(f): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:

It's funny how y'all are quick defensive. Most of my statements are empirical. I'll drop sources if need be.

A recent study showed that women are mostly the ones who push the "what does a woman offer" narrative. Go to saner climes, and the kinda narratives being projected by women are manufactured and artificial thoughts.

You need to understand that I am not arguing with you, neither I am debating. There's no factual statement were I said women can't be their own protector and others. That narrative and bias was subtly manufactured by you.

Somethings are natural. Regardless of how you choose to alter, change or twist it.

You are deflecting, be clear, Op says what you men expect women to bring is finance because that is all you can bring, is she right or not?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Biglittlelois(f): 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:

Oh, so if a lady tells you all she can bring to the table is her pussy, she is correct? you will not cry blue murder and call her all manner of obscenities, is that what you're saying?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ocholu: 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Biglittlelois:

You are deflecting, be clear, Op says what you men expect women to bring is finance because that is all you can bring, is she right or not?

Nope! That's not what she intended.

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Biglittlelois(f): 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:

Nope! That's not what she intended.

Lol what was her intention then?

11 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:

The only natural phenomenon here is child birth because it is a biological process women can't transfer to men.

What you call natural in terms of what men have to offer is subjective . Same way it might be natural for a man to pay bride price according to you but other societies will consider it natural for a woman to pay groom price.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thread For Beautiful Ladies With Pointed Nose / Why You Should Never Tolerate A Cheating Partner / Nigerian Man Proposes to a Girlfriend he Met on Twitter, See her Response (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.