Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? (42864 Views)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
budaatum has cleared the air that OP is LYING! wink

That's why I said earlier that Budaatum is your yardstick wink grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Can you see you're not that intelligent?

3 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

That's why I said earlier that Budaatum is your yardstick wink grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Can you see you're not that intelligent?
That's why i said you're not here to SEE what people that know about freemason are saying.
If you know about freemason, go ahead and speak but if not then learn from others.
But instead you're running from thread to thread just to join criticism against Jehovah's Witnesses, that's what makes budaatum better than you, because she's for the truth and not just hypocritical with her findings.

So Emusan i want to believe neither the OP or budaatum is your yardstick so what do you have to say or what do you know about FREEMASON? wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
That's why i said you're not here to SEE what people that know about freemason are saying.

But that's what I actually saw

If you know about freemason, go ahead and speak but if not then learn from others.

Which I did, do you?

But instead you're running from thread to thread just to join criticism against Jehovah's Witnesses,

See the person who is having sleepless night on Nairaland by jumping from thread to thread cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin

So you even know JWs have critics but are you also a critic of anyone? cheesy grin cheesy grin

that's what makes budaatum better than you,

Thanks the judge, at least you can't deny that Budaatum is your yardstick now cheesy cheesy grin

because she's for the truth and not just hypocritical with her findings.

Now your mouth has uttered this that Budaatum is FOR THE TRUTH, that means not only you have the truth grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

So Emusan i want to believe neither the OP or budaatum is your yardstick so what do you have to say or what do you know about FREEMASON? wink

To you Budaatum is your yardstick and for me I'm not here for Freemasons cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

But that's what I actually saw
Which I did, do you?
See the person who is having sleepless night on Nairaland by jumping from thread to thread cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin
So you even know JWs have critics but are you also a critic of anyone? cheesy grin cheesy grin
Thanks the judge, at least you can't deny that Budaatum is your yardstick now cheesy cheesy grin
Now your mouth has uttered this that Budaatum is FOR THE TRUTH, that means not only you have the truth grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
To you Budaatum is your yardstick and for me I'm not here for Freemasons cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

OK you're not here to know about freemason but initially you said:

Emusan:

No! I'm here to see people's opinions on the subject matter

What matter exactly? cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
OK you're not here to know about freemason but initially you said:

Where did you see KNOW in my post

You can't just stop displaying this character of your father the devil

What matter exactly? cheesy

I know you lack simple comprehension and need to be spoonfeed.

Now we're back to my early post.
The subject matter is "Are Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons?" cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

Where did you see KNOW in my post
You can't just stop displaying this character of your father the devil I know you lack simple comprehension and need to be spoonfeed. Now we're back to my early post. The subject matter is "Are Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons?" cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Now you're back on track, if you don't know anything about freemason how can you know if the OP and his friend are just making blind comparisons?
That's where budaatum's comments comes in.
You don't know anything about freemason so you need someone who is neutral to shed light on the subject otherwise it's whatever the OP and his cohorts spew that you'll swallow hook line and sinker! cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

The subject matter is "Are Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons?"

And the answer is, JWs are insufficiently knowledgeable to be tied to Freemasons.

But if you happen to know different do please inform us.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Now you're back on track, if you don't know anything about freemason how can you know if the OP and his friend are just making blind comparisons?

Stop attaching "intelligence" to your officer because it doesn't worth it

I didn't say I don't know anything about Freemasons but I'm not here for Freemasons, how is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Fake intelligent officer grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
It's probably you're dismissed from your military work because your intelligence is too low for such profession

That's where budaatum's comments comes in.
You don't know anything about freemason so you need someone who is neutral to shed light on the subject otherwise it's whatever the OP and his cohorts spew that you'll swallow hook line and sinker! cheesy

I'm just laughing at your ignorance about Budaatum post, Budaatum post isn't dismissing all the evidences the OP put forth in fact, carefully examine Budaatum statement you'll see where he said "That is however not to say individual JWs can not be Freemasons, but we don't do religion in the Lodge."

If you understand this statement very well, then you won't be using Budaatum as your yardstick.

Learn....

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

Budaatum post isn't dismissing all the evidences the OP put forth in fact, carefully examine Budaatum statement you'll see where he said

Learn....

budaatum does not need to spend time "dismissing all the evidences the OP put forth" because anyone with a brain will easily find through a simple search that the op is posting unverified lies that have already been debunked and dismissed many times.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:
And the answer is, JWs are insufficiently knowledgeable to be tied to Freemasons.

Says you the founder of Freemasons

The OP already did that
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:

The major reason i never disputed anything the OP and his friend are saying about JWs and freemason is that i know nothing about freemason.
But it's just a pity that someone will come in without anything to say about freemason yet he just feel like arguing! grin
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:

budaatum does not need to spend time "dismissing all the evidences the OP put forth" because anyone with a brain will easily find through a simple search that the op is posting unverified lies that have already been debunked and dismissed many times.

The best you can do is to provide the source where the OP unverified lies are debunked and dismissed.

You just don't say that without a link like how the op did.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

Stop attaching "intelligence" to your officer because it doesn't worth it
I didn't say I don't know anything about Freemasons but I'm not here for Freemasons, how is that so hard for you to comprehend?
Fake intelligent officer grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
It's probably you're dismissed from your military work because your intelligence is too low for such profession
I'm just laughing at your ignorance about Budaatum post, Budaatum post isn't dismissing all the evidences the OP put forth in fact, carefully examine Budaatum statement you'll see where he said "That is however not to say individual JWs can not be Freemasons, but we don't do religion in the Lodge."
If you understand this statement very well, then you won't be using Budaatum as your yardstick.Learn....

At last you proved to be the fool that you've always been! cheesy
If anyone can be a freemason then it means freemason is not the property of any religion so any religionist may choose to join the freemason (independently of his religion) so budaatum is saying the OP shouldn't tie that cult to any specific religion because it's a group that anyone can join.
Do you get it now? cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

The best you can do is to provide the source where the OP unverified lies are debunked and dismissed.

You just don't say that without a link like how the op did.

Emusan, with all due respect, I do not expect nor want you to believe me. Just go find out about Freemasons yourself and see if JW could possibly qualify to be a lodge.

That's not to say individual members can't be Freemasons, mind, just JW likes to have more control over their members than the freedom of mind required to be a mason.

You put JWs in the Garden of Eden and they'd never ever eat the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which is the only fruit masons will eat in the same garden because ignorance does not teach one to be enter an apprenticship to become a masonry.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
At last you proved to be the fool that you've always been! cheesy

Thanks for that!

If anyone can be a freemason then it means freemason is not the property of any religion so any religionist may choose to join the freemason (independently of his religion)

So where did the OP say Freemasons is the property of Jehovah witness?

so budaatum is saying the OP shouldn't tie that cult to any specific religion because it's a group that anyone can join.

It's evident your lack simple comprehension, the OP didn't say Freemasons belong to Jws

"tie to"
tie (one) to (something)
To connect or associate one with some situation, event, or circumstance.
The investigators have uncovered paperwork that ties the suspect to the money laundering scheme.

I think the op point here is INDIVIDUAL JWS with Freemason which is evident from all his posts.

Do you get it now? cheesy

Do you understand basic English?

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:
Emusan, with all due respect, I do not expect nor want you to believe me. Just go find out about Freemasons yourself and see if JW could possibly qualify to be a lodge.

The OP never said JWS as a BODY but some individuals within the organization, why did you misconstrue OP point here?

That's not to say individual members can't be Freemasons,

But this is what the OP is emphasizing on.

mind, just JW likes to have more control over their members than the freedom of mind required to be a mason.

I can't see where the OP ever says the whole JWs are Freemason, how did you arrive at that?

You put JWs in the Garden of Eden and they'd never ever eat the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which is the only fruit masons will eat in the same garden because ignorance does not teach one to be enter an apprenticship to become a masonry.

With what I understand from your post and that of the OP, you didn't deny a JWs can be a Freemason neither do the OP claiming ALL JWS are Freemasons which means to some extent if not all the OP assertion here might be correct.

Or am I missing something here?

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

I think the op point here is INDIVIDUAL JWS with Freemason which is evident from all his posts.

If you go through the ops posts you'd see he's making connections about more than individuals where none exist, and even lies that connections exist in videos that show no connection whatsoever.

In fact, JW and Freemasonry ideologically oppose each other, and going by what I'm learning about JWs, required loyalty to JW would stop a JW being a Mason.

But I think I understand what you are doing here. It suits you to think JW and Freemasonry are in cahoots. Bet they both worship Baphomet too, according to you.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 10:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

With what I understand from your post and that of the OP, you didn't deny a JWs can be a Freemason neither do the OP claiming ALL JWS are Freemasons which means to some extent if not all the OP assertion here might be correct.

Or am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing quite a lot here, and you are missing it intentionally, which is just dishonest of you!

If a JW is a freemason, would you therefore claim "Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons", as you claimed the op was asking as his subject matter?

Emusan:

Truth is the op is tying JWs to Freemasons, and "tied" implies much more than "a JWs can be a Freemason", and in fact, a JW touting a tie with Freemason would likely be de-JWed, and a Mason wouldn't do religion for risk of being deFreemasoned.

Now, how I wish you two could continue this without mentioning buda so many times in your posts!
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:
If you go through the ops posts you'd see he's making connections about more than individuals where none exist

I didn't see that from the OP, the OP post are about some individuals of JWs

and even lies that connections exist in videos that show no connection whatsoever.

When you didn't even watch the video.

Connection of individuals or the whole JWs?

In fact, JW and Freemasonry ideologically oppose each other, and going by what I'm learning about JWs, required loyalty to JW would stop a JW being a Mason.

This is just entirely different from the op point of view.

But I think I understand what you are doing here.

No! You don't!

It suits you to think JW and Freemasonry are in cahoots.

If I do, I'll be post link or videos of that which I didn't. When I quoted MaxinDHouse, it's not about JWs and Freemason but the way he used the word "Christian". So stop assuming!

Bet they both worship Baphomet too, according to you.

You can point to where I say this.

Also the OP point is on individual not the whole JWs

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

I didn't see that from the OP, the OP post are about some individuals of JWs.

Are you now claiming the op's subject matter is no more "Are Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons", which is what the op has been trying to convince you of in every post here, Emusan?

Emusan:

In fact, is that not what you are here claiming, or is it your claim that individual JWs may be Freemasons and there's really no tie between the association's?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:
Yes, you are missing quite a lot here, and you are missing it intentionally, which is just dishonest of you!

Well if you see it that way

If a JW is a freemason, would you therefore claim "Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons", as you claimed the op was asking as his subject matter?

I won't! But I think the op choice of word is because SOME SO CALLED GOVERNING BODY and the founder have something to do with Freemason and spread throughout the OP posts, only dishonest person won't see that from his posts.

Truth is the op is tying JWs to Freemasons, and "tied" implies much more than "a JWs can be a Freemason", and in fact, a JW touting a tie with Freemason would likely be de-JWed, and a Mason wouldn't do religion for risk of being deFreemasoned.

Well if that's how you understand the OP but a good student of English will beg to differ.

Now, how I wish you two could continue this without mentioning buda so many times in your posts!

Well he brought you into this not me.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:
Are you now claiming the op's subject matter is no more "Are Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons", which is what the op has been trying to convince you of in every post here, Emusan?

The subject matter still remains the same which I've clarified above.

In fact, is that not what you are here claiming,

I don't understand what you mean by I am here claiming something because I don't know what I've claimed here.

or is it your claim that individual JWs may be Freemasons

I didn't claim anything here but just explaining what the OP posts are all about which I think you misunderstood him.

So my point is according to the OP some individuals especially key people in JWs are Freemason not the WHOLE of JWs

and there's really no tie between the association's?

I don't understand you here!

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

I won't! But I think the op choice of word is because SOME SO CALLED GOVERNING BODY and the founder have something to do with Freemason and spread throughout the OP posts, only dishonest person won't see that from his posts.

They used symbols that Freemasons also use, but that does not mean a "tie", and anyone who knows about Freemasons would easily know no tie exists.

As for good English, do I need to tell you to go back to school to be a "good student of English", since you claimed the op was asking "Are Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons", or are you now just being dishonest in claiming the op meant individuals?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 10:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:
They used symbols that Freemasons also use, but that does not mean a "tie", and anyone who knows about Freemasons would easily know no tie exists.

Who are the "THEY" in your post?

The whole JWs body or some individuals cheesy cheesy cheesy

As for good English, do I need to tell you to go back to school to be a "good student of English", since you claimed the op was asking "Are Jehovah witness tied to Freemasons", or are you now just being dishonest in claiming the op meant individuals?

If you ask me to go back to school, there's no offense in that.

If the OP doesn't mean individual, he won't post videos or pictures of individuals who are linked to Freemasons.

Or can you show us where the op post a video or picture that depicts the WHOLE OF JWS as a Freemason?

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

Who are the "THEY" in your post?

The whole JWs body or some individuals cheesy cheesy cheesy
The JW founders, Emusan, which can be a few individuals and is definitely not the whole body as MaxInDHouse is making you aware, because if it meant the whole JW body, he'd be a Mason too which he obviously isn't!

Fact is, despite the symbols, one can't help note how utterly ignorant "they" JWs are about Freemasonry.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:

The JW founders,

To my best knowledge, there is only one founder which is Russell

Emusan, which can be a few individuals and is definitely not the whole body

Now, you're talking! That's what the op implied.

as MaxInDHouse is making you aware

How?

because if it meant the whole JW body, he'd be a Mason too which he obviously isn't!

Then can you see you're just beating around the bush?

Also, the op specifically mentioned the governing body which means, he didn't mean the whole body, so why would you Budaatum change the narration to the whole body?

Fact is, despite the symbols, one can't help note how utterly ignorant "they" JWs are about Freemasonry.

At least you can't deny the symbols but just so unfortunate that you think a full grown up men putting on different symbols of a cult and they don't know exactly what they're doing.

That will be the height of dishonesty on your part.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
Emusan:

How?

Simply by showing you how ignorant he is about Freemasonry, which would not be the case if he were a member.

Emusan, you've tired me with this and I have much better things to do with my time and resources. Sorry if I leave you to it.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by Emusan(m): 11:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:
Simply by showing you how ignorant he is about Freemasonry, which would not be the case if he were a member.

I don't think he claimed ordinary JWs like MaxinDHouse is a member of Freemason, in fact, Courz made a statement at the second page of this thread that an average JWs aren't Freemason but about 20% are and the OP specifically stated that some Governing Body are which is very clear that these are about individuals.

So what I don't get in this whole thing is how you Budaatum change the narration to the WHOLE BODY

Emusan, you've tired me with this and I have much better things to do with my time and resources. Sorry if I leave you to it.

Sorry for that, just having my free time here wink wink wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 12:16am On Mar 08, 2022
Emusan:

I don't think he claimed ordinary JWs like MaxinDHouse is a member of Freemason, in fact, Courz made a statement at the second page of this thread that an average JWs aren't Freemason but about 20% are and the OP specifically stated that some Governing Body are which is very clear that these are about individuals.

So what I don't get in this whole thing is how you Budaatum change the narration to the WHOLE BODY

First, a simple research of the ops so called evidence shows its spurious second hand information that has been repeatedly debunked, as you'd find if you do a titsy bit of unbiased searching, which is to be expected of the intelligent who use their own minds instead of stupidly believing whatever suits their bias.

Secondly, if 20% of JWs are Masons, Emusan, they'd take over the entire JW! In fact, just 3% of Masons will take over the entire JW organisation and everyone outside would know of it because JW won't be the JW you know.

JW to Freemasonry, is like, Islam to Oyedepo. And while I'm not certain Oyedepo might not one day preach from the Quran or the entire JW top body promote Freemason for that matter, I doubt very much that Masons would ever preach JW as it just completely opposes Freemasonry.

Freemasonry is an organisation that grew out of the organising of builders of buildings that could take up to 500 years or more, so you might perhaps see how some might adopt some of its ideas into organising their organisations regardless of your god, which is why they adopt GADU to cover everyone. Masons will tell you the work is plenty and the builders are few so it would be stupid to exclude anyone who can build just because they turn East and you turn West, while JWs requires ready to die loyalty to the Tower.

Anyway. There is a reason you and I discuss as little as we do despite us both being very active on here, but God made you quote buda so much in this thread for rectification. Amen.

As to "having my free time here", please accept buda's sincerest encouragement to enjoy your free time.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by budaatum: 1:52am On Mar 08, 2022
Answer to Are there Jehovah's Witnesses who are Freemasons? by Shawn Bell
https://www.quora.com/Are-there-Jehovahs-Witnesses-who-are-Freemasons/answer/Shawn-Bell

Charles Taze Russell's Use of Masonic symbolism

Some have claimed that various symbols Russell employed in his published literature are Masonic in nature, and that such associations implied he engaged in occult activity. In later editions of the Studies in the Scriptures series a winged solar disk was stamped on the front cover, a symbol that is also associated with Freemasonry.

However, Russell's use of the winged solar-disk originated from his understanding of Malachi 4:2, which denotes a sun with wings, as a symbol that Christ's millennial Kingdom had begun to emerge. Some critics also claim that the pyramid that stood near Russell's gravesite was Masonic because of its shape and its use of the Cross and Crown symbol, although this remains disputed. The Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon has said that Russell was not a Freemason, and notes that the symbols pre-date the fraternity.

In June 1913, during a transcontinental speaking tour, Russell lectured in a Masonic hall in San Francisco, saying:

Although I have never been a Mason ... Something I do seems to be the same as Masons do, I don't know what it is; but they often give me all kinds of grips and I give them back, then I tell them I don't know anything about it except just a few grips that have come to me naturally.

Throughout his ministry he said that he believed Christian identity is incompatible with Freemasonry. He described Freemasonry, Knights of Pythias, Theosophy, and other such groups as "grievous evils" and "unclean".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fmCqOB1SFE
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33am On Mar 08, 2022
Emusan:

I don't think he claimed ordinary JWs like MaxinDHouse is a member of Freemason, in fact, Courz made a statement at the second page of this thread that an average JWs aren't Freemason but about 20% are and the OP specifically stated that some Governing Body are which is very clear that these are about individuals. So what I don't get in this whole thing is how you Budaatum change the narration to the WHOLE BODY

So what do you know about freemason? smiley
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2022
budaatum:

Answer to Are there Jehovah's Witnesses who are Freemasons? by Shawn Bell
https://www.quora.com/Are-there-Jehovahs-Witnesses-who-are-Freemasons/answer/Shawn-Bell
Charles Taze Russell's Use of Masonic symbolism
Some have claimed that various symbols Russell employed in his published literature are Masonic in nature, and that such associations implied he engaged in occult activity. In later editions of the Studies in the Scriptures series a winged solar disk was stamped on the front cover, a symbol that is also associated with Freemasonry.
However, Russell's use of the winged solar-disk originated from his understanding of Malachi 4:2, which denotes a sun with wings, as a symbol that Christ's millennial Kingdom had begun to emerge. Some critics also claim that the pyramid that stood near Russell's gravesite was Masonic because of its shape and its use of the Cross and Crown symbol, although this remains disputed. The Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon has said that Russell was not a Freemason, and notes that the symbols pre-date the fraternity.
In June 1913, during a transcontinental speaking tour, Russell lectured in a Masonic hall in San Francisco, saying:
Although I have never been a Mason ... Something I do seems to be the same as Masons do, I don't know what it is; but they often give me all kinds of grips and I give them back, then I tell them I don't know anything about it except just a few grips that have come to me naturally.
Throughout his ministry he said that he believed Christian identity is incompatible with Freemasonry. He described Freemasonry, Knights of Pythias, Theosophy, and other such groups as "grievous evils" and "unclean".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fmCqOB1SFE

The truth is many stupid idiots like Emusan knew nothing about the topic but because he is harboring animosity against the JWs he just want to support whatever anyone says against the group.

He said you are my yardstick simply because i said you've cleared the air on the topic OK i want to believe that you're not his yardstick so let's hear from him at least he claims he knows something about freemason! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (58) (Reply)

Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You / Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / Apostle Suleman To Buhari: ‘Your EndSARS Speech Was Useless, Insensitive’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.