Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (32131 Views)

Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! / How Do Northern Women Stay Silent During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by bunmil: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2007
why not he has to be there so dat he can understand and at the same time feel what i am feeling.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by femoo(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2007
i will love to be there at least to have d ideal of how i came out. it is good but d sight is not easy.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by oxax99(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2007
Hi all,

Indeed I must say that the experience is one that you'd hate during the period, and you'd appreciate afterwards. I was there in the labor room where it all happened and must confess that after the experience, I have a load of respect for the women folks. I have always respected pregnant women, then after my own experience the respect doubled. Let this be like a SIWES for men, and a certificate awarded.

Pardon my saying this, but you're not just a man by the dangling jonnie, experience this and reappraise yourself man. cool
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by sirgai(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2007
for those who were there during childbirth, i salute your courage (even though i fear you had a "side game" for the months after), for those who'dlove to, i say, prepare your mind for what follows. for the ladies, youj ust want him there because you need someone to blame for the pain and you want him to see. (honestly, you dont "need" him there)

for me, my first son and my second twin boys were born with me outside the labour room, the midwife didnt want me in, i didnt want me in and my wife knew why.

i'm a creative person and my mind creates a lot, a bit too realistically sometimes, so when i think of (just think o) something that large coming out of my wife's, i go off sex! just turns off. 7 months after our first son, i didnt touch or even think sex with my wife ( and i didnt get a side game either!). she didnt like it.

the twins case is different however, my imaginations is under control, but i still dont want to be in there if we're having any more babies. a big "if"

lets just say,its psychological. call me what you will.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Ralvy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2007
I understand u man, It'll be like the baby shuld enter ur stomach and let u deliver, lol
The Women really scare us with all the screaming ,,,,,, dnt there?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by nana(f): 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2007
lol
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Ralvy(m): 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2007
lolz, y are u laughn??
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by deybor(m): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2007
it indicate that the husband is very caring, and i see nothing bad in it if a husband goes to the labor room with his wife
perharps he wants to see the pain women are passing through laboring.
tongue thanks
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Ralvy(m): 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2007
Welcome deybor*
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by nana(f): 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2007
Ralvy:

lolz, y are u laughn??
Just dunno what to say.

I was discussing this issue wiv a friend's Uncle and he told me there is nothing bad in it.He was there wiv his wife when she gave birth to all his children. (six for that matter and he was the one that cut the placenta of all of em)
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Ralvy(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2007
nana:

Just don't know what to say.

I was discussing this issue with a friend's Uncle and he told me there is nothing bad in it.He was there with his wife when she gave birth to all his children. (six for that matter and he was the one that cut the placenta of all of em)

CHAIIIIIIIIIII,

shocked  shocked   shocked   shocked   shocked  shocked

That your frend's Uncle Na FATHER**
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by drrionelli(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2007
It's simply amazing to me that some men would actually be "put-off" by the birth of a baby!

How is it that the physical aspects (stretching of the vaginal opening, blood, placental tissue, screaming, sweating, et al) and the emotional aspects (knowing somebody you care deeply about is in such a compromised, anxious state) seem so surprising when that's the way the human body was designed? The fact that it works as it does should, indeed, be a reaffirmation of all that is good and right with the world.

Note that sirgai says that he refrained from sex for a period of time afterward. That's as it should be (although seven months is a bit of a long time--six weeks or so is more common). Following the trauma of a birth, the woman's body needs that time to heal. We men need to use that time to bond with our new children and support our women's convalescence. With such important priorities, "booty call" doesn't even enter the picture.

For what it's worth, ladies, if you were having my babies, I'd be there with--and for--you!

By the way, oxax99, love your last sentence! grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Macutie(f): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2007
He does not have a choice in the matter!

He just has to be at every child bearing 'CEREMONY'

why ,it would act as an incentive for him to do more!

Get my drift?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Esss(m): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2007
You ladies should please stop with all this your touchy filly sentiments of "he must be there" or "becos he was in there makes him more of a man" or "He put me in that situation so he must follow it through" and all other crap like that.

Check this out, When my mum went into labor for my younger brother, I was the only one at home. I totally freaked out. I was a total wreck. I could barely contain my fear. You should have seen me driving her that day, I was a total road hazard. Now while I was panicking, she was relaxed and more comported than I was. She was even laughing at me. Everything negative you can think of in this world relating to pregnancy came into my head. I thought of her dying and the baby dying, one dying and the other surviving, my not being able to reach the clinic before the baby comes out, e.t.c. If its negative I saw it happening in my mind. The same thing happened with a girl I knew (maybe a little less dramatic since we weren't that close).

That shit was down right scary (and I didn't even witness the main show) .

You ladies who want ur husbands to be with you while you put to bed, pray hard for that kind of man, and if you already have one then I say congratulations, but I just cant stand it. Call me chicken, call me a girl even call me a wuss but I just wont do it. I'm sorry.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2007
i just won't do it. mind you, i'll be your biggest cheerleader outside the delivery door.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by soulpatrol(f): 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2007
good for u, kobe. i bet ur woman will forever love u for that!  cheesy snickers
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2007
the same way my father loves my mothers smiley
I didn't realize love is dependent on a man's presence in the labor room tongue
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by drrionelli(m): 12:35am On Aug 10, 2007
With all due respect, Esss, being in the delivery room with your mother for your brother is quite different from being in the delivery room with your wife for your offspring, don't you think?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by ikamefa(f): 12:41am On Aug 10, 2007
like i said he had better be in the room with me( sweating and screaming too) grin

i did not start the baby-making thingy by myself and am not going to finish it all by my self grin

if it entails glueing his butt to a chair, i will do it cheesy
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by drrionelli(m): 12:48am On Aug 10, 2007
What a hilarious picture that would be, ikamefa!  Sounds like a scene out of a Martin Lawrence movie!!

This guy trying to get out of the room with a chair glued to his posterior, while his lady is giving birth!

It's a bit surreal, in a way!
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by ikamefa(f): 12:49am On Aug 10, 2007
well i guess desperate times , calls for desperate measures grin grin grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by drrionelli(m): 12:52am On Aug 10, 2007
Indeed, my dear! Whatever it takes!! grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 12:59am On Aug 10, 2007
i thought well-trained doctors are usually equal to the task. maybe we should kick the doctors out and allow the couples to handle business.

what do you guys think?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by frankiriri(m): 6:47am On Aug 10, 2007
I really dont like hospitals oh. But if it means that much to her I will be there.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by mellow(m): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2007
They give one week peternity leave in my Company.

And this is done as soon as your wife delivers.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Jidemaks(m): 8:12am On Aug 10, 2007
I was with my wife during delivery of our baby boy few months ago. Husbands need to witness that moment.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by CHOCHORI(m): 8:57am On Aug 10, 2007
for a very very long time i have not posted anything on nairaland.
But this one matter is of very crucial interest to me.
Anyway, my wife is english and full engling starting from foreparents.
I have told her point black that i will not be in the labour room at all.
I will not even near the hospital at all. Will be in the pub waiting for the call and having some drink.
Its not a matter of love or whatever, she knows i love her so much but certain things should be kept they way they are.
we should not always let the westerners erode our culture. she knows that i am a proud african and also an advocate of our culture.

Guys lets be men for once and not been pushed around by waves of western lives. Na so oyibo come africa destroy our shrines and erode our traditions and culture in the name of christainity but today go church you will not see any oyibo for the church apart from the few very old people.
This is my view, i know my wife will see this cos she is also a member of nairaland but she knows thats my stand and its higly irrevocable.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by CHOCHORI(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2007
Another about this labour room of a thing that i don't like is the philosophy our sisters hold these days " we started it together and we will finish it together" " i didn't get myself pregnant" and stuff like that,
Let me refresh our memeory a bit cos most people seem to have forgotten the little story of Adam, Eve,Serpent and God.
If you guys remember its never man and woman started wot lead to the punishment of pains in child bearing, its woman and serpent.
How come the ladies are now accusing us of what the brought for themselves.
The only help a man can render is to provide for you all you need after child birth and still spoil you with his tender loves and stuffs like that.
Guys, if you people start going to the labour rooms, ladies will soon start advocating for techologies that will make you guys carry the baby for few months and then transfer it to them to later on, hahahahahaha.
Lets leave the sleeping dog to lie abeg.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by ne4real(f): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2007
i like the idea, especially, for men who assault their wives, so that they see the pain women go through

i think it will make them love and respect their wives more
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by wifeypenth(f): 11:33am On Aug 10, 2007
Me o,my husband must be there with me o. Its a must. My sister's always have thier husband's there too. I kuku like oyinbo they even make arrangement for the husband.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by nuru(m): 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2007
I wanted to be there but my wife scolded me out. She thought I might constitute a distraction to her shows. She's had three now. That also gave me the opportunity to undergo my own pain and anxiety; praying, imagining, strolling round the hospital and generally filling unsure if everything or anything will go on well. I think that on its own is more painful than being at the real show.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by mellow(m): 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2007
I honestly don't think there is anything that can keep

me out of that Labour Room except ofcourse, I am

out of the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / Should Working Wives Share Household Expenses With Their Husbands? / Man Finally Reunites With Sister After 25-years Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.