Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding (59917 Views)

Ghanaians Defend Lovers Kissing In A Public Bus (photos) / Man Tries To Pacify His Unhappy Bride After Being Provoked At Their Wedding.PICS / Groom Plays Video Of Bride Cheating With Another Man At Their Wedding Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by AlexBells(m): 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
In all the traumatizing scenarios lately, sometimes there are things to melt our hearts.

I find this two Ukrainian lovebirds interesting, they were supposed to get married by May but the future seemed blurry and right away they got married, God protect them, God heal our own land too.

Ukrainian citizens Yaryna Arieva and Sviatoslav Fursin got married just hours after Russia launched its invasion of their country. They spent their first day as a married couple collecting their rifles and getting ready to defend Ukraine.

It was supposed to be a May wedding, but the couple were no longer sure of what their future holds.

Arieva and Fursin have both signed up with the Territorial Defense Forces, a branch of Ukraine’s armed forces that is comprised mostly of volunteers. Once armed, the couple headed to the office of their political party, the European Solidarity.

“Right now, we are here and we are doing everything we can. So there is a lot of work to do, but still, I hope everything will be OK," Arieva said, adding that some civilians who are not part of the defense force were also given rifles.
https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-25-22/h_75e9d2f5d1275b84ffaa349efe40ceb6

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by Unruly7(m): 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
Well these are people that love their country and ready to lay down their lives

God will see them through

370 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
seriously serious

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by dingbang(m): 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
kiss

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
kinda touching. i wish them absolute success

201 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by AlexBells(m): 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
kinda touching. i wish them absolute success
It just feels like in all the chaos, there's reason to smile

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by helinues: 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2022
Their president is already appealing to Russia to have a talk.

Citizens shouldn't be gullible about the directives of their leaders. The top Ukraine government officials are currently at the bunker where they are save from Nuclear weapons, the deadliest while encouraging the citizens to fight for their cause.

It's a pity

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by AlexBells(m): 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
helinues:

Citizens shouldn't be gullible about the directives of their leaders. The top Ukraine government officials are currently at the bunker where they are save from Nuclear weapons, the deadliest while encouraging the citizens to fight for their cause.

It's a pity
I'm not quite emotionally strong enough to engage, Helinues it been a while, the president just finished a very long call with Biden, I think one thing the Russians had forgotten is that Ukrainians have a bit of Russian blood, I don't see them backing out

I didn't even want the political argument to this, nor the war talk, I just want to look at the beautiful side of it, really stressed with events

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by helinues: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
AlexBells:

I'm not quite emotionally strong enough to engage, Helinues it been a while, the president just finished a very long call with Biden, I think one thing the Russians had forgotten is that Ukrainians have a bit of Russian blood, I don't see them backing out

Russia is determined to install their puppet as the new president. Ukraine is gone.

Bad boy get him own day, Trump as USA president wouldn't have allowed this.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by AlexBells(m): 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
helinues:

Russia is determined to install their puppet as the new president. Ukraine is gone.

I'm not quite in the mood to discuss complex things, I could have gone on to tell you how Russia would not walk out of this the same, yesterday there was the fight on the Chernobyl, any mishap there would launch Europe into a Nuclear dust thereby getting NATO involved, Does America have emotional obligations to Ukraine, hell no, Americans don't feel any attachment whatsoever for Ukraine, the situation would be a lot different if it were South korea, the war is a win win for America, either way USSR is in self destruct, I would like to excuse myself from the politics and military aspect of this, lets talk about the love

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
AlexBells:

I didn't even want the political argument to this, nor the war talk, I just want to look at the beautiful side of it, really stressed with events

Is an advantage to Russia. It's a matter of time they get back together. Blood is thicker than water.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
helinues:

How and why? Since when as Ukraine being in crisis undecided Since when Biden became President?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by AlexBells(m): 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blablamalala:

Is an advantage to Russia. It's a matter of time they get back together. Blood is thicker than water.
Statehood is not exactly about blood but about respect, Anglo Saxons (English) are Germanic too, but Britain had always been Germany's greatest undoing in Europe, the blood relationship here is such that they would both not shy away from battles

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by helinues: 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blablamalala:

How and why? Since when as Ukraine being in crisis undecided Since when Biden became President?

Israel and Saudi are now doing business together all thanks to Trump..

That is just an example for how

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
AlexBells:

Statehood is not exactly about blood but about respect, Anglo Saxons (English) are Germanic too, but Britain had always been Germany's greatest undoing in Europe, the blood relationship here is such that they would both not shy away from battles

It's a different scenario here. With Ukraine and Russia it is very much like Hausa versus Fulani....it ll be only a matter of time that they reunite and forget their differences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by AlexBells(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
helinues:

The issue of Ukraine is beyond trump or no trump, In 2014 Crimea was annexed without provocation, Ukraine have up her nuclear weapons, to Russia, same Russia would annex Crimea creating fear making Ukraine to want to join Nato becuasee Ukraine was supposed to be under Russia's nuclear umbrella, Russia honestly betrayed Ukraine as if that was not enough Russia single handedly declared some part of Ukraine independent, trump could have done nothing, Americans would not give a public revolt to get involved in Ukraine, honestly Americans don't quite see much difference between Kyiv and Moscow

12 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2022
helinues:

grin Your example doesn't even meet up as an analogy.

10 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by AlexBells(m): 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blablamalala:

It's a different scenario here. With Ukraine and Russia it is very much like Hausa versus Fulani....it ll be only a matter of time that they reunite and forget their differences.
It is not same thing like Hausa and Fulani rather it is more like Igbo and Ijaw, yes we were all in Eastern region and now some Igbo Igbo territories are trapped in South South, I don't see Igbos and Ijaw ever being one in that sense, however our territories in South South could be declared independent, Ukraine are different from ethnic Russians but Donbass and some other regions Ukraine have ethnic Russians

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by helinues: 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blablamalala:

grin Your example doesn't even meet up as an analogy.

Perhaps to you

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by ghettowriter(m): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
cry
Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by BeautifulSolace(f): 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
Wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by KingMack(m): 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow alias Bonnie & Clyde grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by TheWolfen(m): 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2022
shocked
Best regards, don't just get your wife pregnant yet wink

Well invasion of a sovereign country in this modern age is absurd.
It seams humans haven't learnt anything from past bloody history of wars between empires and countries that left many dead, Cities wipes off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by davillian(m): 12:07am On Feb 26, 2022
Lol.....
Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by heniford2: 12:53am On Feb 26, 2022
Me risk my ass 4 useless nigeria grin cheesy country wia abnormal nii

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by Snapchat: 3:03am On Feb 26, 2022
Blablamalala:

Same with Armenia,Moldova, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan?!!

You must be kidding.

4 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by 1833tr: 6:03am On Feb 26, 2022
[s]
helinues:

It's a pity
[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by 1833tr: 6:03am On Feb 26, 2022
[s]
helinues:

[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by 1833trh: 6:10am On Feb 26, 2022
[s]
helinues:

Perhaps to you
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by silibaba: 6:34am On Feb 26, 2022
grin
Re: Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 26, 2022
AlexBells:

It just feels like in all the chaos, there's reason to smile
Reason to smile? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Signs You Are Falling In Love!!! / Men Storm Radio Station After Girl Promised To Buy Car, House For Who Weds Her / Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.