Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. (5831 Views)

Please Help! I Had Sex With My Gf On Her Menstrual Period And Now This Happened. / Ladies!!!! If Your BF Doesn't Wake Up Like This.. Dnt Marry!!! Photo / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by OpenSprite: 10:41am On Mar 03, 2022
Hey NLs!!!

I read something on the front page just now about a guy having issues in his relationship due to his GF unwilling to post his pictures on her whatsapp status without reason. This makes me wonder why some women or men are like this gansef.

this happened to me some years back, i had a GF(21yrs), we both loved each other and i had even gone to her house to meet her parents, siblings and they all knew my intention. I was 29 at that time and i reside outside the country. The plan was to settle with her right after finishing her school and everything was fine with our plans. I used to post her pictures alot on my status and she used to be very happy about it, she would even request that i post her photos anything she sends me new photos.

At a point, i questioned why she has never posted me on her whatsapp status (though i dont even like that idea) but at least i was expecting her to post, then i can caution her not to post my pictures that much. Imagine, she told me ladies do not post who they are dating, she said it is the duty of man to post a lady he is dating. i felt haaa, what is this this is a lady that posts his male friends on her status, she posts pictures, videos, even video call screenshot.

i had to call her attention that it is inappropriate to be posting a screenshot of your video call with a male friend on your status. what kind of message are you sending across to me she adjusted on that, but i was cool with pic or video of her male friends.

As a gentleman, i explained so many things to her on phone, i told her if you are always happy whenever i post your photo, dont you think i will be happy whenever you post me as well? As a direct man, i told the ultimate reason i know why ladies do this habit is that they dont want people to know him so that if Bleep up comes, its as if he was a ghost before, nobody will ask about him(she declined). she said as far as she knows, it is my duty to post hjer and not hers to post me. so i just decided to stop posting as well.

at a point, she told me she likes morning love messages and i should be sending her. i just smiled and i started doing that. o boy there was a day i forgot to and she confronted me why didnt send. i got angry and asked her if she has ever sent me any love message before(she told it is the duty of man to send his Gf love message), then i was begining to finalize my thought about her "entitlement mentality" I told her i would stop the love message henceforth because if something makes you happy and you cannot reciprocate it, then Bleep it.

we used to have issues too about being romantic, i had to be one to bring romantic stuff everytime (she used to respond well). i confronted her a point, she told me she does not know how to start romantic topic, well i was like small small she will change. for almost 8months, no changes, we used to fight alot on this. i was like i no de naija, how can we be chatting how are you? how was work? what did you eat eveyday, i told her i was getting bored of that(just to make her up her game) but na lie.

i was begining to tell myself it seems we are not compatible. I called her and explained to her for the last time about all the issues we are having. I told her i am open to communication and its good we know the source of issues we are having and we should try and rectify things, we shha settle it and we laughed over the issue, but i promised one thing that if we have any issues again related to the usual ones, then i would take a hard decison. After 4weeks, it came up again, i texted her that i will not accept that kind of attitude, we are just bf and gf, if we are having issues despite knowing the source of it and its difficult for you to change, being a husband and wife will be troublesome. i told her better we call it off (honestly did that to situp again), but she replied me with okay. next thing she blocked me on my whatsapp, the following day i sent an apology message using my second whatsapp, she read and blocked that one too, she went to facebook and blocked me from there too. I just smiled that with all these attitude, i cannot marry such a lady because i get strong head, but i will try and be patient to the last, once my head turns, there is no stopping for me.

i waited for her to unblock for 2 weeks, she didnt, then my concluded i cannot marry someone like this. may be she was waiting for me to start calling and beg. after 3weeks, she unblocked my whatsapp, uploading my sister's photo on her status, view by status each time, but me i no send again. i didnt message her, then on her birthday, i greeted her usually, asked for my money back. I gave her some cash to run a business alongside her schooling and i loaned her some later to expand the business. i told her i would get the loaned cash back. we had plans to set a business later up that i would be getting 20%, she gets 50% and her mum gets 30%. on her birthday, i shha requested for cash i loaned her to be returned when its due(the month i told her i would get the cash back). she got angry that i should have even greeted her.i just smiled. the month came and i got my cash back. her dad used to call and i will answer him not nothing happened.

the koko of it is that

if your gf decides not to upload you, no big deal is there, she might have reasons which might be valid ones, but if she expects you to upload her photos, and she cannot do it in return... Bleep that tongue tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by OpenSprite: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2022
after some many time of status viewing, i told myself why does she keep seeing my status everytime i upload.. I just deleted her number once and for all and blocked her parents from calling me.
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by doggedfighter(f): 10:46am On Mar 03, 2022
You were patient and explored every option.

Did you try your best? YES !

Do I agree with your point of view? YES !

Her entitlement mentality is out of this world.

Was waiting to read what her parents said about her attitude. grin

Who gave her that idea that it's the duty of the man in the relationship only to be posting her pictures and sending love messages and being romantic.

Very daft !

If you don't upload your partner's pictures or send early morning messages. It shouldn't be a problem when your partner fails to do so.

Maybe your being abroad is the only thing she likes about you.

Nothing more !

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 03, 2022
Lol grin grin
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Jennyclay(f): 10:53am On Mar 03, 2022
Africans should learn how to respect people's decisions. Posting your BF/GF pictures does not guarantee true and pure love in a relationship.

If your BF/GF don't post your pictures, it does not mean he/she don't love you.

I can post your pictures 24/7 and would still be seeing another guy. OR I can post your pics and only you will view it because I'm gonna hide all my friend lists from viewing it.

Relationship is more than littering your pictures on every social media handle.

I see no reasons why one must be upset about it.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Winningbot: 10:55am On Mar 03, 2022
angry
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by DannyXpress: 11:00am On Mar 03, 2022
The moment you start seeing the value in yourself, women will value you more.

7 Likes

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by ajailer(m): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2022
Hard brain resetting grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by OpenSprite: 11:07am On Mar 03, 2022
doggedfighter:
You were patient and explored every option.

Did you try your best? YES !

Do I agree with your point of view? YES !

Her entitlement mentality is out of this world.

Was waiting to read what her parents said about her attitude. grin

Who gave her that idea that it's the duty of the man in the relationship only to be posting her pictures and sending love messages and being romantic.

Very daft !

Maybe your being abroad is the only thing she likes about you.

Nothing more !

Her Dad called, i acted as if nothing happened. I later blocked her Dad and Mum from calling me because it makes no sense to me. At first, the root of the matter itself is too ugly to be the cause of a problem in relationship at all. Secondly the relationship was too early to be having parent interferring, if we cannot put an issues to bed between us, then such marriage is a potential bomb. I really loved her gan nio, but she gave a genuine reason to leave her without any regret

9 Likes

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by doggedfighter(f): 11:11am On Mar 03, 2022
OpenSprite:

Her Dad called, i acted as if nothing happened. I later blocked her Dad and Mum from calling me because it makes no sense to me. At first, the root of the matter itself is too ugly to be the cause of a problem in relationship at all. Secondly the relationship was too early to be having parent interferring, if we cannot put an issues to bed between us, then such marriage is a potential bomb. I really loved her gan nio, but she gave a genuine reason to leave her without any regret

Maybe you were the only one in love ga ni o grin

From all indication she doesn't rate you at allllllllll !

11 Likes

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Delight2014(m): 11:11am On Mar 03, 2022
@Op, one thing I observed from the girl is that she has another boyfriend over here and that is the main reason she is not posting your pix on her status. She never really like you, she is just with you because of what she is getting from you, and she didn't have any remorse when you jokingly asked for a break up which she accepted wholeheartedly without giving it a second thought. She is love with someone else not you, that's women for you

5 Likes

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Dagger111(m): 11:24am On Mar 03, 2022
OpenSprite and doggedfighter will marry soon. This i have seen. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Ecos(m): 11:27am On Mar 03, 2022
grin
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by OpenSprite: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2022
Delight2014:
@Op, one thing I observed from the girl is that she has another boyfriend over here and that is the main reason she is not posting your pix on her status. She never really like you, she is just with you because of what she is getting from you, and she didn't have any remorse when you jokingly asked for a break up which she accepted wholeheartedly without giving it a second thought. She is love with someone else not you, that's women for you

She had so many guys on her, so many suitors and she used to gist me about them. She used to gist me about how her ex is back begging her here and there. Generally a lady with that kind of metality will believe their ex will alwayz come back begging, she just failed to realise no be only beauty man de check, some many beautiful women are out there, but beauty and good mentality be koko oo. I didnt even think twice about it, after she did the blocking, i was like c'est fini, now i have seen what i dont like in woman.

She saw me a cool and calm person, but when i take my decision with a valid reason/conclusion, i never come back.

I have had something like that with another lady in 2013, after some many pleading, she ended up blocking and i gave myself sense. She blocked me and i stopped everything in my mind for her and went lowkey. In 2015, she came back begging, invited me to her parents house. I went and greeted, talked and she presented me a gift grin. I sat her down and let her know i have someone at the moment and i cannot do my gf bad thing grin cheesy she thought i was joking, i went back home and did not communicate with her again. After 4months, she did final blocking.

I hate that thing called blocking. Once a lady blocks me, its alwayz like a direct goodbye, i unplug my heart with immediate effect. I am not a quitter, but once i have valid reasons to quit and after so many attempts to work things out, i quit immediately with regret. I no want headache at all

7 Likes

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by doggedfighter(f): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2022
Dagger111:
OpenSprite and doggedfighter will marry soon. This i have seen. tongue

Officiating minister grin

Welcome oo

4 Likes

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Gadafii: 12:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
If you don't post me I don't post you, if you don't send me romantic texts I won't bulge either.

I like my girl for this, she understands this, I don't post my self on WhatsApp, if I do with one hour I don remove am, but I post memes a lot, neither do I have a display picture of me on my WhatsApp.

Once in a while we post each other pics briefly.

When WCW and MCM was reigning, I can remember she only posted me once as her MCM, and I never posted her.

On the issue of sending romantic text messages I do that randomly, just to reassure her, she dies same, we understand each other and we respect each other's opinion, if any issue arise we settle it before night fall or the next morning.

Compatible and communication is very important, she doesn't wait for me to tell her what to do and I don't expect her to plaster my pictures all over her personal space

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Jirilistic(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
Personally I don't fancy dat posting of pictures stuff
There's no need going into something u can't sustain just to please the oda person. With time that zeal to post or send early morning love messages will diminish ànd then even if u decide to still send those messages or post pictures, you'll be doing it out of mere duty and not because u really want to
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Eudiri123: 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kshshs
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Dagger111(m): 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
doggedfighter:

Officiating minister grin

Welcome oo

You go see nah, swear OpenSprite haven't slide into ur DM. grin
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Fiscus105(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
OpenSprite:
Hey NLs!!!

I read something on the front page just now about a guy having issues in his relationship due to his GF unwilling to post his pictures on her whatsapp status without reason. This makes me wonder why some women or men are like this gansef.

this happened to me some years back, i had a GF(21yrs), we both loved each other and i had even gone to her house to meet her parents, siblings and they all knew my intention. I was 29 at that time and i reside outside the country. The plan was to settle with her right after finishing her school and everything was fine with our plans. I used to post her pictures alot on my status and she used to be very happy about it, she would even request that i post her photos anything she sends me new photos.

At a point, i questioned why she has never posted me on her whatsapp status (though i dont even like that idea) but at least i was expecting her to post, then i can caution her not to post my pictures that much. Imagine, she told me ladies do not post who they are dating, she said it is the duty of man to post a lady he is dating. i felt haaa, what is this this is a lady that posts his male friends on her status, she posts pictures, videos, even video call screenshot.

i had to call her attention that it is inappropriate to be posting a screenshot of your video call with a male friend on your status. what kind of message are you sending across to me she adjusted on that, but i was cool with pic or video of her male friends.

As a gentleman, i explained so many things to her on phone, i told her if you are always happy whenever i post your photo, dont you think i will be happy whenever you post me as well? As a direct man, i told the ultimate reason i know why ladies do this habit is that they dont want people to know him so that if Bleep up comes, its as if he was a ghost before, nobody will ask about him(she declined). she said as far as she knows, it is my duty to post hjer and not hers to post me. so i just decided to stop posting as well.

at a point, she told me she likes morning love messages and i should be sending her. i just smiled and i started doing that. o boy there was a day i forgot to and she confronted me why didnt send. i got angry and asked her if she has ever sent me any love message before(she told it is the duty of man to send his Gf love message), then i was begining to finalize my thought about her "entitlement mentality" I told her i would stop the love message henceforth because if something makes you happy and you cannot reciprocate it, then Bleep it.

we used to have issues too about being romantic, i had to be one to bring romantic stuff everytime (she used to respond well). i confronted her a point, she told me she does not know how to start romantic topic, well i was like small small she will change. for almost 8months, no changes, we used to fight alot on this. i was like i no de naija, how can we be chatting how are you? how was work? what did you eat eveyday, i told her i was getting bored of that(just to make her up her game) but na lie.

i was begining to tell myself it seems we are not compatible. I called her and explained to her for the last time about all the issues we are having. I told her i am open to communication and its good we know the source of issues we are having and we should try and rectify things, we shha settle it and we laughed over the issue, but i promised one thing that if we have any issues again related to the usual ones, then i would take a hard decison. After 4weeks, it came up again, i texted her that i will not accept that kind of attitude, we are just bf and gf, if we are having issues despite knowing the source of it and its difficult for you to change, being a husband and wife will be troublesome. i told her better we call it off (honestly did that to situp again), but she replied me with okay. next thing she blocked me on my whatsapp, the following day i sent an apology message using my second whatsapp, she read and blocked that one too, she went to facebook and blocked me from there too. I just smiled that with all these attitude, i cannot marry such a lady because i get strong head, but i will try and be patient to the last, once my head turns, there is no stopping for me.

i waited for her to unblock for 2 weeks, she didnt, then my concluded i cannot marry someone like this. may be she was waiting for me to start calling and beg. after 3weeks, she unblocked my whatsapp, uploading my sister's photo on her status, view by status each time, but me i no send again. i didnt message her, then on her birthday, i greeted her usually, asked for my money back. I gave her some cash to run a business alongside her schooling and i loaned her some later to expand the business. i told her i would get the loaned cash back. we had plans to set a business later up that i would be getting 20%, she gets 50% and her mum gets 30%. on her birthday, i shha requested for cash i loaned her to be returned when its due(the month i told her i would get the cash back). she got angry that i should have even greeted her.i just smiled. the month came and i got my cash back. her dad used to call and i will answer him not nothing happened.

the koko of it is that

if your gf decides not to upload you, no big deal is there, she might have reasons which might be valid ones, but if she expects you to upload her photos, and she cannot do it in return... Bleep that tongue tongue

Oga it has only two reasons

1.She is not into you yet .

2.She has another guy or guys. (That is, her WELL is a joint venture.)

any other reasons are flimsy and to make u as mumu.

.......hope you understand me OK.
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by OpenSprite: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jirilistic:
Personally I don't fancy dat posting of pictures stuff
There's no need going into something u can't sustain just to please the oda person. With time that zeal to post or send early morning love messages will diminish ànd then even if u decide to still send those messages or post pictures, you'll be doing it out of mere duty and not because u really want to

personally, i dont like my GF posting my pictures, the lady i am with now, she is very proud and eager to post, but i am the one restricting her to do so.. i am comfortable with this since i know am the one restricting her, not that she has this entitlement mentality that a man has to do all in a relationship
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by OpenSprite: 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dagger111:

she you know "sliding" in supermario grin grin grin grin

i am almost a married man now wink wink
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Me post a lady pics on my status cheesy grin grin....
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by zed7: 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
Sounds more like ramblings of a child. All this epistle for what? You haven't said anything. Most of you have no business in a relationship.
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Dagger111(m): 3:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
OpenSprite:

she you know "sliding" in supermario grin grin grin grin

i am almost a married man now wink wink

You will marry 2nd wife nah.
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by OpenSprite: 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dagger111:

You will marry 2nd wife nah.

pls no dagger me o..... 2nd wife khee shocked
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by adefitim(m): 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
This post is for simp.
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by diogo23: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dagger111:

They're both male mumu
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Senoye: 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
I have been married for few years...I have never uploaded status at any time. I have never publicly celebrated anybody be it my wife or family or friends on social media. My wife celebrates me openly and she always stylishly requests for it but I have never obliged her. If we travel on a vacation, she will upload everything on her status, I may not even snap any picture and if I do, I put it in my archives.

Social media as a matter of personal opinion is full of pretence and hypocrisy. A lot of couples that I know are not having the best of marriage are the ones that would publicly display their affection on social media; a small promotion at the office makes it way to the social media etc.

While I do not want anyone to be like me, I have made my own decision. I want to be exclusive as much as possible, share my progress and achievements only with my families and very close friends and no more. I don't want someone that we have not spoken in a decade know all about me.

It is just me! I don't demand it, I discourage people doing it to me but I thank people when they do it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by CrownOfClay724: 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omo,
I cringed at your tale abeg.
How could you be that simpLE?

If you were a woman, would you agree to date yourself?
Don't you see how she was walking all over you?
She see you finish.
Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by MufasaLion: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Senoye:
I have been married for few years...I have never uploaded status at any time. I have never publicly celebrated anybody be it my wife or family or friends on social media. My wife celebrates me openly and she always stylishly requests for it but I have never obliged her. If we travel on a vacation, she will upload everything on her status, I may not even snap any picture and if I do, I put it in my archives.

Social media as a matter of personal opinion is full of pretence and hypocrisy. A lot of couples that I know are not having the best of marriage are the ones that would publicly display their affection on social media; a small promotion at the office makes it way to the social media etc.

While I do not want anyone to be like me, I have made my own decision. I want to be exclusive as much as possible, share my progress and achievements only with my families and very close friends and no more. I don't want someone that we have not spoken in a decade know all about me.

It is just me! I don't demand it, I discourage people doing it to me but I thank people when they do it.

You have my respect.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant You Post Your BF Or GF On Your Whatsapp Status? Read My Experience. by Magnoliaa(f): 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
It's a deal-breaker for me. Just keep your distance even initially if you know you're not the kind of person that post their partner(s).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, How Long Have U Woo A "Hard To Get" Babe? Lets Talk It Out Pls. / Am I The Only One Experiencing This In Life Or We Are Many? / My D*cksize Is Making Me Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.