Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej (6549 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Where Is Ima Niboro? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by wesley80(m): 12:27am On Jul 01, 2011
I've always wondered why supposedly disreputable news orgs like SR that have been 'caught in the Act' too many times that i've lost count, continue to thrive and unashamedly so. Each time i try to ignore the bitter truth but at times like this, its just too glaring to be ignored. Fact is these guys will continue to thrive and will continue to write what they like because they understand Nigerians and they know for a fact that we just like in every facet of our national life, NEVER LEARN! Or how else do you explain a report from SR already in the frontpage and trending and with a page gone, no one is yet to question SR's always reliable source!
Na so we go dey dey?
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Igwe9(m): 12:27am On Jul 01, 2011
Don't tell me this, beaf = ima niboro. . . . , what? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by keba(m): 1:09am On Jul 01, 2011
Time will tell, shebi na next week wey SR talk,
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by tpia5: 1:18am On Jul 01, 2011
fresh air indeed.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by HighChief4(m): 1:41am On Jul 01, 2011
Musiwa,.:

are you sure that is beaf, who have been insulting me and calling me different names.

ROFLMAO
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by muami(m): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2011
This is great news. I have been reading Reuben's articles for over 20 years now and I must say, he is one the best journalistic hands we have in Nigeria.

This excerpt from Thisday's report on his imminent appointment shows how eminently qualified he is for the job. My best wishes goes to him

"Abati is a first class graduate of Theatre Arts from the University of Calabar. He later obtained a master’s degree and a doctorate degree from the University of Ibadan, at the youthful age of 24. He then went into lectureship at the Olabisi Onabanjo University for a short while before joining the Editorial Board of the The Guardian, after a stint at Hints (a soft sell) magazine.

Abati, a celebrated columnist, about five years ago, rose to become chairman of the newspaper’s Editorial Board.

As a writer, he had used his Friday column in the newspaper to advance the course of democracy with his sizzling and fearless commentaries on national issues.

Erudite and articulate, Abati almost led a sub-career in book review, as he was almost always the choice of authors, planning to launch their books.

He was a regular face and voice at public fora, including TV talk shows and at elite gatherings.

At 46, Abati's fame has preceded him, and thus comes to public office with a huge resume of a credibility built on intellectual power over the years."
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Blazing99: 7:42am On Jul 01, 2011

[size=20pt]
Here lies BEAF.

Goodluck Jonathan's Sycophant. Never knew he was paid for the job.
[/size]

No different from other charlatans. Now he's frustrated grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Bawss1(m): 8:27am On Jul 01, 2011
By the time Beaf catch una na the time una go know. grin

Seriously I don't know what the big deal about Abati is. I used to read his articles back in the days but didn't see anything extra special about them.
GoldCircle:

I understand that in Africa, it's bad manners to 'talk while you are eating'!!! grin grin

Good stratagem!

Nice one.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Musiwa42: 8:54am On Jul 01, 2011
he too the job serious and cause anyone, calling electricity engineer

tell me about ime , where was he born, which sch did he go too
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Dotman01(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2011
Gej dropping (niboro=beaf) ?,
Gej go see beef.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by hbrednic: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2011
sahara reporters are the source of this story abi
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by mbulela: 9:49am On Jul 01, 2011
Jarus:

Abati is the most overrated pundit in Nigeria(I have a friend that must now hear this from me; he likes Abati so much that he underwent few weeks coaching under him when we were in school
The only thing I read from him are those comical satires just to have a good laugh. I stopped taking him seriously even before the Abuja land saga. I realized he is no longer as fire-spitting as he used to be some 5, 7 years ago.

To nail my suspicion about his compromise, I wondered why a public pundit will do a 10 series articles on a presidential candidate when he's not his official media person, if he was not paid to do that. He also played an active role in the launching of Jonathan's Facebook book. So this is why I'll not be surprised if he is named GEJ's media person. His pen language has been poiting to that since.
No make me vex this morning o.
how is he any worse than Segun Adeniyi your man?
congrats Dr. Abati.i do not hold anyone in the media in high esteem,so i do not begrudge you your appointment.
Every man has a price they say.my only problem is that the price of the average Nigerian critic is so abysmally low.why you guys fail to aim high baffles me.
better don't come back after four years to write any silly book like Segun Adeniyi.just go,sell your conscience and enjoy the privileges quietly.don't try to insult our intelligence afterwards.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 01, 2011
if Ima Niboro is beaf then beaf looks like beaf, hahaha, after shouting himself hoarse and deluding the gullible that Jonathan was the messiah,he got dropped like a hot potato, haha,there must be a God somewhere.

Note[i]:he really started losing it when he would stay all night posting about half truths/half lies about Buhari,then I  realized that guy was on the edge , [/i]
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by mbulela: 9:50am On Jul 01, 2011
hbrednic:

sahara reporters are the source of this story abi
it is also in THISDSY
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by cold(m): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2011
wesley80:

I've always wondered why supposedly disreputable news orgs like SR that have been 'caught in the Act' too many times that i've lost count, continue to thrive and unashamedly so. Each time i try to ignore the bitter truth but at times like this, its just too glaring to be ignored. Fact is these guys will continue to thrive and will continue to write what they like because they understand Nigerians and they know for a fact that we just like in every facet of our national life, NEVER LEARN! Or how else do you explain a report from SR already in the frontpage and trending and with a page gone, no one is yet to question SR's always reliable source!
Na so we go dey dey?
Yeah right,we should rather stick to your ThisDay I presume.Mumu
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by mbulela: 9:54am On Jul 01, 2011
wesley80:

Na so we go dey dey?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-tips-abati-as-spokesman/94286
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 01, 2011
Rueben Abati with his archaic view on things and who lives in a deluded bubble about reality,the two deserve each other
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Jarus(m): 9:57am On Jul 01, 2011
grin?
mbulela:

congrats Dr. Abati.i do not hold anyone in the media in high esteem,so i do not begrudge you your appointment.
Every man has a price they say.my only problem is that the price of the average Nigerian critic is so abysmally low.why you guys fail to aim high baffles me.
better don't come back after four years to write any silly book like Segun Adeniyi.just go,sell your conscience and enjoy the privileges quietly.don't try to insult our intelligence afterwards.

bros, how na  grin
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by mbulela: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2011
all these cheap critics i wonder if they even set any hurdle for the powers that be before accepting all these positions.
How about asking for a piece of legislation or policy to be implemented before you accept the poisioned chalice?
maybe something like get PIB through and i accept to be your minister of finance or make tangible moves to trim the size of govt and i accept to be your spokesman.
ask for something tangible that will affect the common man and be a response to your one of your numerous weekly rantings.

i guess all they do is say'let me pray about it,your excellency'.then the next morning to accept and sound like it was such a difficult decision.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Jarus(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2011
grin?
mbulela:

bros, how na  grin
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by mbulela: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2011
Jarus:

grin?
bros, how na grin
i dey vex.
do make Saraki make you spokesman or commisioner for finance.
me wan chop cake o!
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Jarus(m): 10:14am On Jul 01, 2011
;DYes, I will gladly accept to serve my state
And come back to write book a la my friend, Segun Adeniyi
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by mbulela: 10:51am On Jul 01, 2011
^^^^^
so how is your friend better than the Abati wey you dey castigate?
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by niyooo(m): 10:53am On Jul 01, 2011
Naija journalists and love of money, Wonder when Simon Kolawole's turn will come? undecided
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by georgem(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2011
give him a chance and lets see how well he does his job and waht characters he puts up. he's been a gr8 guy though
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Xfactoria: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2011
I have always told people who care to listen that there is no single one of these newspaper editors or columnists that is non-aligned! So I'm not surprised about this news on Reuben abati.

Let me run down memory lane for you guys. Right from the time of Dele Giwa, frontline editors and journalists in general have been bought. Dele Giwa himself was paid to step down a story and he did but later demanded more money and was turning it to a blackmail and he died. A couple of his firends like Segun Osoba (His share of the largesse from IBB was useful during his first coming as Governor of Ogun State), Kayode Soyinka, Yemi Ogunbiyi, Sam Pemu Amuka (Publisher of the Vanguard, IBB own shares in Vanguard), Stanley Macebuh, Patrick Dele-Cole, Imeh Umanah, Alex Akinyele (rewarded as a minister), Tony Momoh (IBB gave him the funds to start Channels TV), Doyin Abiola, Felix Adenaike, Banji Kuroloja, Dan Agbese, Yakubu Mohammed, Soji Akinrinnade, Raymond Ekpu etc were rewarded in several ways by IBB. They all knew why Dele Giwa died and have refused to speak.

That is why I don't take many of them serious. Just recently, about one year ago, junior editors in the punch accused their seniors of stepping down damaging stories on Tinubu in the mid of the crisis between Tinubu and Fashola. Some Senior editors lost their job in the process.

It has always been like this. Most of these folks seek recognition and the opportunity to take their own share of the national cake. May God help us!
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Jarus(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2011
mbulela:

^^^^^
so how is your friend better than the Abati wey you dey castigate?

Get me right. I have not said I have a problem with him accepting the job. Spokesperson is a job reserved majorly for journalists and a journalist clinching one, to me, is not out of order. But the difference between Segun and Abati is, even prior to this becoming public knowledge, Abati had appeared compromised but still hiding the guise of public commentator. Add to that the Abuja land gate. But for Segun, nothing suggested he was doing some people's bidding before taking up the job. He was still his known self until he took up that job - a job you can't go against the interest, at least in public, of your principal.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by lee007(m): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2011
[b]Adieu Ruben Abati sad sad sad

There is no doubt that Abati is a force to recon with  in the sphere of intellectual and engaging journalism in Nigeria, however if what i have read here is true, Ruben had better write his last commendable colum before he enters the instiution called Aso-Villa.

Any sensible Nigerian, devoid of ethnic and religious sentimentalism will know now that Goodluck does not have a Vision, plan or clue of what being the president of the most populous black nation should be doing.

He has consistently shown incompetence and lack of priority among other attributes that a president should never be seen to posses.

So if Ruben decides to be the megaphone cum image maker of such a president, all i can say it IT IS FINISHED! Nigerians should prepare for very intresting scandals ahead.

Its is quit disturbing that we are sailing without a compass yet we can afford more and more  liqour on Board shocked shocked shocked

Ruben Abati if this is true, you fall my hand bros, Adieu 'Brand Ruben Abati'!!![/b]
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Gbenge77(m): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2011
But Reuben Abati has had his reputation tainted in recent times.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Jarus(m): 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2011
Gbenge 77:

But Reuben Abati has had his reputation tainted in recent times.
This is exactly my point. The reason I'm not surprised.
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2011
does this mean we will soon start seeing reuben on NL defending the likes of diezani ?
Re: Reuben Abati To Replace Ima Niboro As The Vioce Of Gej by bibiking1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2011
Reuben has always been someone with suspicious motives

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Fg Declare Monday Public Holiday? / How And Why Igbos Should Divest From Lagos To The East / ‘senate Yet To Inform Buhari About Confirmation Of Ministers’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.