Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,379 members, 7,846,611 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable (13719 Views)

Importers Of Off-spec Petrol Must Be Held Accountable - Buhari / Soludo: Leaders Should Excel In Private Endeavours Before Venturing In Politics / Cancelled Polling Units Across Kano Where Re Run Will Be Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gotnel: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
Modern day slavery from the colonial masters is responsible for our poverty.
Nigerians leaders are really not in control of the country economic resources.
Until we realise that our independence is not inclusive of economic issues, we will definitely be in economic slavery.
Tony Elumelu and others like him should start working on how to confront the colonial economic empires by coming into politics.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Brendaniel: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
Batam:

Forget about party affiliates or tribal sentiment.
Leadership has been major problem in Nigeria from time immemorial.
You as a potential leader, what is your mindset? Are going to be a team leader who cares and carries others along or task or selfish leader who cares not and carries only himself along. Majority of our leaders right from family leaders to grassroot to the top are bunch of self centered people and that is where we are today. Average Nigerians mindset is full of greed as they are ready to corner peoples resources to themselves if a given an opportunity when in a position of power

We still have good people in Nigeria...
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Aystarz: 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:
This foolish leaders and their glutton followers are very stupid.
I won't mind to hit anyone of them hard if i got the chance.
Everything in this country is about how to steal.
As a technologist i can't do without light. Its so frustrating.
Its high time we start building local drones that will drop bomb in our politicians houses.

Its high time we rebel for a greater future!

E get one Zombie for my yard here. During the lockdown,he got a task force job through the APC and the idiot has never missed an opportunity to defend that evil party, even now that he's lost the yege job.
One day him teeth go compel my fist to knock it out completely. Na small time remain .
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by swaggerjack: 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
toujurs:
Tony elumelu don't mind most of these Nigerians they are not ready for a change, to even think some fools are willing to vote for a thief like tinubu makes us all dumb, these people i am very sure can't afford to pay for a flat, neither can they comfortably pay their transport you will see them doing lapping. Tueh.

The same criminal that supported buhari into govt, is the same man you want to make president. Isn't that madness, from frying pan to fire.
cry
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by nedekid: 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Tony is ipob. The country is doing well, infact baba will handover to another baba real soon to continue from where he stopped.
We will get sense by force.
My major paddy that almost punched me back then when I questioned his support for an old retired heardsman to be president has passed the stage of "Hearing it". From 2 suvs, Luxury house to good school, now legedis benz, kids at home, can't even pay for downgraded school fees! Buhari economy brought him from big to small boy!
Thank God we still de survive.
Meanwhile, I hear say diesel is no longer 750 but 900 per liter. Wonderful!

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 1:28pm On Mar 17, 2022
gaby:

Small brain...

Continue blaming yourself, you hear?

Ekpa...
Had it been we hold these people responsible for their stupidity.
Right from our local politics, we won't have clueless gluttons representing us.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Brendaniel:

We still have good people in Nigeria...
We have but the bad ones have been dominating because they are to steal, to kill and destroy to get to power.
I supported one man to become a councilor in my area in the era of AD/PDP days and I left the area for greener pasture when I came for a visit,
I saw a lot of changes, the man built a dispensary, dig boreholes and I was very happy. When I asked of him (thinking about continuity), the people said he doesn't belong to their party and the have elected another person

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 1:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
swaggerjack:

Enablers and supporters of this leaders that have brought untold hardship
CC

helinues
I don't rate these people you mentioned. They're just attention seekers showing support for their party.
Their opinions don't represent average nigerians view.
They comment on selective thread with mediocre
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
SmartPolician:
“Businesses are suffering. How can we be losing over 95% of oil production to thieves?

We are losing nothing to thieves. We just have a bunch of leaders who don't believe in this country. Everyone wants to loot to secure their future and that of their children.

Every sane Nigerian knows that there's no hope in Nigeria. Little wonder japa has become one of the most popular slang in our parlance.

Gaby, I see people who blame another man for their woes as people who lack common sense. I am sure it's the British that tells Nigeria's politicians to keep looting Nigeria's resources and keep stashing it away in foreign banks.

The African Black, like Chimamanda Adichie calls it, does not want to take responsibility for his brazen failure and incapability of self-rule yet.

I have a more detailed lecture for you when next you get on my mentions.

Perhaps, only then will you quit with blaming yourself unduly for what you never caused nor have a control over.

As a tip:

I'm sure you'd ask Abramovic to blame himself for the injustice being meted out in him all in a facade of getting at Putin.

Now ask yourself...

Did Abramovic just started his relationship with Putin?

Okay, he got his enormous wealth crookedly...did he just get such crooked wealth?

How long has he and his enormous investments been in the UK?

Abacha stole, Abacha stole...

I'm sure he stole and stashed up such stolen funds after his death and from his grave.

Why were there no real-time reports to sensitise the citizens while Abacha was stealing their common patrimony if indeed the West had the interest of the country and citizens at heart.

The only man who dared to stand up to them and their evils was Abacha and as expected he was bad business to them and had to be put to sleep.

Even if Tinubu or whoever agrees to play ball with them, become the President, and thereafter decides to work in the interest of the citizens against the owners of the company, he'd be made to fail and ultimately put to sleep.

Make una wake up oh...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:

Had it been we hold these people responsible for their stupidity.
Right from our local politics, we won't have clueless gluttons representing us.

It goes way beyond this, my brother...

How do you hold someone you never employed accountable of his stewardship?

It doesn't make any sense.

They are only responsible to their employers.

That's why Buhari, Tinubu, and all of them always end up at the company headquarters (The UK) at the slightest.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
Nigeria is on war just like Russia invaded Ukraine . Our leaders has invaded Nigerians economically: No Fuel, No Light, No Security and Inflation.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Typicool8(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Not only businesses alone it's affecting the number of streams and downloads am getting on my music here
https://audiomack.com/dbullofficial/song/never-lived
To get more followers and streams you can contact me via my email @ taiwoayodeji1992@gmail.com
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Kwestionair: 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
Brendaniel:
Buhari, Tinubu and APC supporters, come and call Elumelu a wailer, PDP, IPOB and a child of hate...

Buhari has failed Nigerians...

They will avoid this thread trust me.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by AleAirHub(m): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
The day other billionaires will compliant eh, they will be a shift of power for good...
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Govocrete: 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
It is shame on all our politicians past or present, we are facing the following state of emergency and no one is resigning:

1. No electricity nationwide
2. No enough fuel supply
3. No water provision for the masses
4. No good road
5. No security
6. No healthcare
7. ASUU are on strike

If the country is too large to be governed from the centre let us collectively find a solution.

How will a president whose weight of the nation is on his shoulders be serving as a petroleum minister?

Are we saying no Nigerian is qualified for that post of petroleum minister? Why should a failed government move to the senate as a senator?

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
gaby:

It goes way beyond this, my brother...

How do you hold someone you never employed accountable of his stewardship?

It doesn't make any sense.

They are only responsible to their employers.

That's why Buhari, Tinubu, and all of them always end up at the company headquarters (The UK) at the slightest.

Bro with what have been seeing in this country. Only people who gives room for exploitation would be exploited.
Nigerians gave room for UK to do that. Yet we ain't ready to rebel
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Greyworld: 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
gaby:

I have a more detailed lecture for you when next you get in my mentions.

Perhaps, only then will you quit with blaming yourself unduly for what you never caused nor have a control over.

As a tip:

I'm sure you'd ask Abramovic to blame himself for the injustice being meted out in him all in a facade of getting at Putin.

Now ask yourself...

Did Abramovic just started his relationship with Putin?

Okay, he got his enormous wealth crookedly...did he just get such crooked wealth?

How long has he and his enormous investments been in the UK?

Abacha stole, Abacha stole...

I'm sure he stole and stashed up such stolen funds after his death and from his grave.

Why were there no real-time reports to sensitise the citizens while Abacha was stealing their common patrimony if indeed the West had the interest of the country and citizens at heart.

The only man who dared to stand up to them and their evils was Abacha and as expected he was bad business to them and had to be put to sleep.

Even if Tinubu or whoever agrees to play ball with them, become the President, and thereafter decides to work in the interest of the citizens against the owners of the company, he'd be made to fail and ultimately put to sleep.

Make una wake up oh...

In clearer terms please, are you saying Abacha did not loot Nigerians common wealth?

Or He was killed by the West because he was against the west like Gaddafi?

Or are you saying Abacha's regime was ideal?

Or you mean to make us believe life under Abacha was great?

Or the West shouldn't av accepted the loot which they eventually returned and within days got lost (relooted)

In all of these including your example of Abramovic if he and his likes had invested in Russia n the Russian people, the West wont be able to seize or sanction his wealth or Football club dont you think?

We have always had leaders who only consider themselves their motto is "MYOWNIZATION"

If rhe West hadnt stopped buying black slaves, trust me your own kin and kith would have sold you by now and you ll be in a vessel to a plantation.

Don't blame the buyer blame the seller.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Osilama1: 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2022
nairalee:
If Tony Elumelu is complaining then I wonder the foolissh person that will come out and be defending rubbish in this administration
elumelu is part of the elite class who are problem too don't let his face saving criticism deceive u... After all his younger brother is at Abuja nass....
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Peng12345: 1:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
treesun:

https://punchng.com/businesses-are-suffering-leaders-should-be-held-accountable-elumelu/

Exactly, this was what I pointed out yesterday, people need to speak up and hold our leaders accountable, we can't just remain mute like dummies
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:

Bro with what have been seeing in this country. Only people who gives room for exploitation would be exploited.
Nigerians gave room for UK to do that. Yet we ain't ready to rebel

I know you are very current with world affairs.

Do you know Putin is covertly fighting against such an exploitation according to his country's position and demographics?

What are the uniformed being fed with propaganda-wise plus the sanctions against Putin and his country?

Think about this..

How did the UK support the #EndSars protest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
gaby:

I know you are very current with world affairs.

Do you know Putin is covertly fighting against such an exploitation according to his country's position and demographics?

What are the uniformed being fed with propaganda-wise plus the sanctions against Putin and his country?

Think about this..

How did the UK support the #EndSars protest?
How do we get a leader like putin? By sitting down? The government that seems pro west was over stalled and putin came back to power.
But we sit down here looking helpless and don't know what step to take. The taliban took an aggressive step but we just sheepishly swallow any trash from slave masters.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by ImDStar: 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
I second that.

It's high we start rebelling against this animals we called leaders.

One quarter of what is happening in Nigeria can't happen in a sane country, they will bring down the whole government. But here in Nigeria, we afflicted with foolish people as the majority.

tollyboy5:
This foolish leaders and their glutton followers are very stupid.
I won't mind to hit anyone of them hard if i got the chance.
Everything in this country is about how to steal.
As a technologist i can't do without light. Its so frustrating.
Its high time we start building local drones that will drop bomb in our politicians houses.

Its high time we rebel for a greater future!

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
Osilama1:
elumelu is part of the elite class who are problem too don't let his face saving criticism deceive u... After all his younger brother is at Abuja nass....
He's part of the problem by creating empowerment program that has help alot of start up in africa bah?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2022
Greyworld:

In clearer terms please, are you saying Abacha did not loot Nigerians common wealth?

Or He was killed by the West because he was against the west like Gaddafi?

Or are you saying Abacha's regime was ideal?

Or you mean to make us believe life under Abacha was great?

Or the West shouldn't av accepted the loot which they eventually returned and within days got lost (relooted)

In all of these including your example of Abramovic if he and his likes had invested in Russia n the Russian people, the West wont be able to seize or sanction his wealth or Football club dont you think?

We have always had leaders who only consider themselves their motto is "MYOWNIZATION"

If rhe West hadnt stopped buying black slaves, trust me your own kin and kith would have sold you by now and you ll be in a vessel to a plantation.

Don't blame the buyer blame the seller.

In clearer terms, I would prefer Abacha's kinda looting and thieving to today's hydra-headed bandits.

During Abacha's days, the looters were of a manageable size and restricted to perhaps members of the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC).

Can you count the number of looters in today's demonstration of craze from the Executhief, Legislathief, Jaundiciary, down to the MDAs with no clear defined functions or impacts on the citizenries?

If you know Abuja very well, you can count on just the fingers of your one palm the additions in terms of infrastructure since Abacha's demise and the 20+ years of demonstration of craze.

Over 60% of roads and government buildings to date are Abachas legacy projects.

In clear terms and today's realities, I'd rather an Abacha's kinda looting. That's How bad it has become.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:

How do we get a leader like putin? By sitting down? The government that seems pro west was over stalled and putin came back to power.
But we sit down here looking helpless and don't know what step to take. The taliban took an aggressive step but we just sheepishly swallow any trash from slave masters.

Nigeria and Nigerians matter dey tiring jare.

E be like say those vaccines and immunization wey dem dey give us at birth na to render us all docile and zombie... grin
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
gaby:

Nigeria and Nigerians matter dey tiring jare.

E be like say those vaccines and immunization wey dem dey give us at birth na to render us all docile and zombie... grin
I don't trust anything oyinbo sends to africa that much. Reasons i refuse covid 19 vaccine's
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by treesun: 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
Peng12345:

Exactly, this was what I pointed out yesterday, people need to speak up and hold our leaders accountable, we can't just remain mute like dummies

And LASG want to kill us more by collecting tollgate that you end up spending precious time in long traffic from Osborne, I can only shake my head for Mr. Omotoso.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by SIRTee15: 2:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
lexy2014:

Backbencher2, pls come and hear from Tony elumelu. Did u see anywhere where he mentioned that the solution is for nigerians to pay more taxes?

Don't mind that backbencher. He's a clueless idealist who knows nothing about what he's talking about.
His own no pass increase price of fuel, increase price of electricity, increase tax and more tax. Nigerians not paying enough...they need to pay more until they bleed to death.
Funny thing they guy is in uk. I wonder what he will say now that inflation is dealing with developed nations and their leaders are finding ways to cushion the effect.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 2:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:

I don't trust anything oyinbo sends to africa that much. Reasons i refuse covid 19 vaccine's

grin grin
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by techWriter3: 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
it today, HEAT ... However, check my_pr.ofile if you need help with your assignment, dissertation, or thesis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chevron, Shell Pull Out Of Olokola LNG Project / Breaking:rivers Assembly Swears In Newly Elected Lawmakers Tomorrow / FG Changes From 'Aso Rock' To 'NigeriaGov' On Twitter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.